Thirty Hours In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirty Hours In

Well, 30 hours since my last half hydro. So..... when should the shoe fall?

Another day and a half u should start having bursts of energy and feeling better.... Your about half way there... I'm in the same boat I'm maybe a few hours ahead of u

Comment

Don't wait for it to fall!
      Because it might not!
      Bette

Comment

It will just at the right time.....

Comment

40 hours in....thanks guys, for your replies.....Drew...if I have a burst of energy, I'll think I'm dead, because I haven't had energy in so long! Bette.....I REALLY love your reply! No shoe? Wow...that'd be great! Survivalist....I don't love your reply quite as much, but I appreciate it very much, just the same! WHAT!? Maybe no shoe?! All this time, I've made excuses and put this off out of sheer terror...not just fear......sheer terror! Now Bette says the shoe might not even fall?! I LOVE YOU, BETTE!

Comment

Bette is so wise... with that hard won wisdom that comes from experience, merged with her extensive medical knowledge as a nurse.... YES, that shoe might not fall, b/c your dose is so small!!!

I really hope you avoid most or all withdrawal symptoms... that would be great... as long as you remember that 1 is too many and 1000 never enough!! You really don't want to go through this ordeal ever again! I am happy for you!!

Comment

Thank you, Ready, so far, I'm avoiding all but the mildest symptoms....just a little aching, tiredness, a few allergy problems....the worst by far is the insomnia! I can't believe I put this off for so darned long! I'm pretty sure I won't go through this again, because both doctors won't prescribe hydros any more. After everything I've been through the past couple of years, including the fear and dread of the jump...I don't think I'll want to take any other pain meds, either. Dang, why did it not occur to me that it might not be so bad because my dose was so low?! When I think of all the whining I've done.....I feel like a total idiot. But, I'm beginning to be a very relieved total idiot.

Comment

48 hours in......that means.....I'm beginning my day 3.....right? Oh.....yeah! That sounds nice. Now...if I could just get some sleep.....sigh......Anyway, I've been doing ok using my OTCs. And wouldn't ya' know it. NOW.....NOW....my water heater breaks down. No hot showers for me anytime soon. Oh, well. I think I'll survive.

Comment

She's back in the game - yea!

Ryka, aren't we a pair. I am just finishing another day 4 but haven't updated my site yet as I was trying to ensure I WAS serious this time. But I just had to let you know that this has been the easiest w/d yet! Do I want to chance another outcome by doing it again - don't think so! Have had really no issues, except for some fairly easy sweating/chills and some slight anxiety. I was also coming off the tad remaining of my lorazepam at the same time - almost finished with that slow taper - so understandable if I'm a little anxiety ridden.

Anyways, not highjacking your thread. Just letting you know that sometimes things do go in our favour. You had water heater problems; I too had house issues my first 2 days. In fact the Sat. and Sun. before I finished I was so anxious and clock watching trying to eat them all without dying, I was literally trembling in my shoes!

I am so happy to hear you're in the game again. Together we can! I'll update my own thread very soon. I'm sorry for your insomnia. So far (crossing fingers and toes), it hasn't been too bad and the rls was worse before I jumped. Who knows why?
                  Hugs and support, Elcey

Comment

The only regret I ever Had
                    And
                    I mean Had.
                    Cuz I don't live my life with regrets!
                    No moe!

Is why did I wait so long to do this'too?
                    It is ok!
                    Now is the perfect time!
                    You are ready!

Take it and run!'

I hate to be the bearer of reality
                    But
                    We got older while we were on pills
                    And sometimes things
                    Just hurt!

That way your brain can learn to produce feel good chemicals in case
                    We may need them for something big!!

You got this!
                    Bette

Comment

Originally posted by Elcey View Post
                      Ryka, aren't we a pair. I am just finishing another day 4 but haven't updated my site yet as I was trying to ensure I WAS serious this time. But I just had to let you know that this has been the easiest w/d yet! Do I want to chance another outcome by doing it again - don't think so! Have had really no issues, except for some fairly easy sweating/chills and some slight anxiety. I was also coming off the tad remaining of my lorazepam at the same time - almost finished with that slow taper - so understandable if I'm a little anxiety ridden.

Anyways, not highjacking your thread. Just letting you know that sometimes things do go in our favour. You had water heater problems; I too had house issues my first 2 days. In fact the Sat. and Sun. before I finished I was so anxious and clock watching trying to eat them all without dying, I was literally trembling in my shoes!

I am so happy to hear you're in the game again. Together we can! I'll update my own thread very soon. I'm sorry for your insomnia. So far (crossing fingers and toes), it hasn't been too bad and the rls was worse before I jumped. Who knows why?
                      Hugs and support, Elcey
                      Elcey, don't worry about hijacking my thread! I want you to get on here and talk my ears off! (or....type my eyes out, in our case, I guess!) I know what you mean about being hesitant about updating your thread. I've jumped so many times, and given up so many times, I just knew no one would believe me if I said I was jumping again. And I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that! I wasn't so sure I believed myself when I told MYSELF that! But by 30 hours in....I knew I was really going for it this time, no matter what, and we'd all eventually find out if I was right or not. We'll STILL find out, won't we? The deed's still not done yet! lol! I'd been feeling so bad, because I've been on here for 2 years or so now, and tho I finally managed to get off the ultrams, I still was messing around with the hydros. Taper, give in....taper.....give in....etc. What I've put myself through is not EVEN funny, but I have to laugh anyway, to keep from crying....Especially since it was ALL totally unnecessary, to say the least. I felt bad, because I've had so many here in my corner, supporting me for so long, and I didn't have the guts to do this thing. I had started thinking I should get off the forum and stay off, because I was a bad example. And, I started to do that. But, when I hit 30 hours, I HAD to get back on here, but I had to start a new thread, to match the new life I'm going to have. That's how determined I felt, for a change. I do feel really lucky that I haven't had nearly as rough a time as I thought. I mean...that HAS to be a gift from God, right? I've been thanking him personally for 2 days now. I'm happy we're BOTH in the game again, and we're both having a fairly easy time of it. The taper was much worse than this.....whodathunkit? Yes, do update your thread and keep me posted. I'll probably read your thread while I'm up all night! Hang in there, I'm definitely going to do the same. ((hugs))

Comment

Originally posted by Iluv2smile View Post
                        The only regret I ever Had
                        And
                        I mean Had.
                        Cuz I don't live my life with regrets!
                        No moe!

Is why did I wait so long to do this'too?
                        It is ok!
                        Now is the perfect time!
                        You are ready!

Take it and run!'

I hate to be the bearer of reality
                        But
                        We got older while we were on pills
                        And sometimes things
                        Just hurt!

That way your brain can learn to produce feel good chemicals in case
                        We may need them for something big!!

You got this!
                        Bette
                        Bette, I think you're right. I'm ready this time. Way more ready than I've ever been. Yep, I've gotten WAY older while I was on these things. That's ONE reason I was so terrified of the jump. I've had some really bad jumps before, and that was YEARS ago, back in my younger days. I had always heard that withdrawal gets harder as you get older....and I didn't think I could handle anything harder than in my younger days. A total horror movie has been playing in my head, over and over, for so long.... with me as the star. UGH!!!! Thanks so much for your encouragement! ((hugs))

Comment

Ok...as of a couple hours ago.....I'm on day 4! I'm still doing good except for the insomnia. Any guesses as to about how long that will last? I am so exhausted.....but still determined!

Comment

Hey Ryka, glad to see you're hanging in there!! Sleep was the last thing to really return to me, was about 2 weeks before I started getting more and more, but hopefully with the amount you jumped off of it won't take that long! Nap when you can, and if you can't sleep just distract yourself with something until you can. You're doing great, just keep hanging in there!!

~Wondering if I need to get you more crayons~

Comment

Thanks for the note Ryka. Promise I'll update hopefully tomorrow. Just got in, exhausted and having my milk and hopefully sleep. Still clean, and so glad you're keeping on track. I am with you!
                              Hugs, Elcey

Comment

Working...
                              X