Suboxone withdrawal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suboxone withdrawal

I am on day 11. It's pretty tough at how long this has lasted. I have quit benzos several times and fully clean in a week. I still have the suboxone in my system on day 11. I took a drug test today and still testing positive. Any advice on pushing this out faster. I'm trying to be patient but I'm getting extremely frustrated.

Originally posted by Randall1022 View Post
    I am on day 11. It's pretty tough at how long this has lasted. I have quit benzos several times and fully clean in a week. I still have the suboxone in my system on day 11. I took a drug test today and still testing positive. Any advice on pushing this out faster. I'm trying to be patient but I'm getting extremely frustrated.
    Hi Randall - I am sorry that you are going through this. It is tough. Can you tell us how long you were on suboxone? What dose you were taking and what dose you were at when you stopped? Did you taper off at all or did you quit cold turkey? Suboxone has a long half-life and I understand it takes a long time for it to clear the system. I understand your frustration as this whole process is tough.. hang in there... there are a lot of people on this forum who have some good experience with subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Day2_Nightmare View Post
      Hi Randall - I am sorry that you are going through this. It is tough. Can you tell us how long you were on suboxone? What dose you were taking and what dose you were at when you stopped? Did you taper off at all or did you quit cold turkey? Suboxone has a long half-life and I understand it takes a long time for it to clear the system. I understand your frustration as this whole process is tough.. hang in there... there are a lot of people on this forum who have some good experience with subs.

Randall, as D2N has already mentioned we need a lot more information in order to answer your questions and/or give you advice?

How long have you been on subs? How much were you taking per day? Did you taper at all and if so how exactly did you taper? What amount of sub did you jump from? Why were you on subs and why did you decide to get off of them? I encourage you to read the following thread which will give you a lot of great information about subs like how to properly induct on subs and how to properly/correctly taper off of them - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

Update when you can? God bless us all!
      Last edited by Anonymous; 02-05-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky71 View Post
        Randall, as D2N has already mentioned we need a lot more information in order to answer your questions and/or give you advice?

How long have you been on subs? How much were you taking per day? Did you taper at all and if so how exactly did you taper? What amount of sub did you jump from? Why were you on subs and why did you decide to get off of them? I encourage you to read the following thread which will give you a lot of great information about subs like how to properly induct on subs and how to properly/correctly taper off of them - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

Update when you can? God bless us all!
        PS
        Your log in page shows you joined the forum back in September of 2015, is that correct? This is the only post/thread from you?

Comment

I was on it for 9 years. I came off at 3 mg. I'm sorry for the late response.

Comment

Yes. This is my first. I have always just read.

Comment

I was on it for 9 years. I came off at 3 mg. I'm sorry for the late response.

Randall, I left you another post while you were writing this reply?

I don't mean to scare you but if you were on subs for 9 years and you jumped from 3mg then you are in for a very long and uncomfortable withdrawal! You will most likely have pretty severe withdrawal symptoms for several weeks and then several more months of less severe symptoms? You only have two choices, stay off the subs and ride out the storm or if it were me I would get back on the subs and properly taper using Robert325's sub therapy/taper plan (I provided the link in my first reply to you)? Most people taper all the way down to just .25mg/day (one quarter of one milligram) or less before jumping or using the "skip day" process? You can read this thread from beefaroni, he tapered down to 1mg then jumped and still had several months of uncomfortable withdrawals! Here's beefs thread -
              https://forum.drugs.com/prescription...nfo-73963.html

Don't get me wrong, what you're doing can and has been done but for me, there's no point in suffering when you can taper the subs slowly and get off of them fairly comfortably! Check out this thread as well to see how a proper taper works - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...ted-75184.html

And this one - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...per-75130.html

Best of luck to you.... God bless us all!

Comment

I appreciate the help. I really do. I think I'm gonna keep at it. I have come off of benzos several times and thought I was gonna have hard withdrawals and made it. This is not as severe. Just pesky. What I wanted to know is when will it be out of my system. I want to pass a screen. Just important to me. Thank you all again.

Comment

I appreciate the help. I really do. I think I'm gonna keep at it. I have come off of benzos several times and thought I was gonna have hard withdrawals and made it. This is not as severe. Just pesky. What I wanted to know is when will it be out of my system. I want to pass a screen. Just important to me. Thank you all again.

You'll have to do the math for the half-life elimination? The half-life can be as long as 72 hours for subs so I would use the 72 hour mark to be on the safe side? So if you jumped from 3mg eleven days ago then 72 hours (three days) after that you would have roughly 1.5mgs of sub left in your system then after another 72 hours you would have .75mg of sub left, so on and so on, just continue the math? Best of luck going forward? Keep us posted? God bless us all!

Comment

Thank you. I will keep you posted. Take care.

Comment

Day 12. I woke up after 3 hours of sleep. Drove in my truck for a while. Came back home and slept for 3 more hours. The physical symptoms have pretty much passed. I'm dealing with a little anxiety and irritability. Overall I'm about 70 percent. It's a heck of alot better than subs and benzos. I attend aa 2times a day. My relationship with my wife is improving. She is starting to believe that I might actually stay off this time. I am determined. I am grateful for this forum. Very intelligent people. Thank you.
                      Last edited by Anonymous; 02-06-2020, 07:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Day 12. I woke up after 3 hours of sleep. Drove in my truck for a while. Came back home and slept for 3 more hours. The physical symptoms have pretty much passed. I'm dealing with a little anxiety and irritability. Overall I'm about 70 percent. It's a heck of alot better than subs and benzos. I attend aa 2times a day. My relationship with my wife is improving. She is starting to believe that I might actually stay off this time. I am determined. I am grateful for this forum. Very intelligent people. Thank you.
                        Wow jumping off three mg Subs, congratulations Randell. I jumped from 2mg years ago and the WD was horrid so its great that you come this far ( 12 days !) keep us updated

Comment

Day 13. It is a mental game now. Physical has pretty much been gone for 2 days. I have alot of thoughts, irritability, not sleeping too good. It's frustrating as heck. I will be ok. I will not go back to subs. I could wake up in the morning drive to the dr and be back on in a heartbeat. I'm tired of that life. Too many wasted years.

Comment

Day 13. It is a mental game now. Physical has pretty much been gone for 2 days. I have alot of thoughts, irritability, not sleeping too good. It's frustrating as heck. I will be ok. I will not go back to subs. I could wake up in the morning drive to the dr and be back on in a heartbeat. I'm tired of that life. Too many wasted years.
                            Keep on keeping on. For some cold turkey works. It is no fun but maybe we torture ourselves on purpose as punishment for putting ourselves in this predicament. Keep posting...

Comment

Got the jitters this afternoon. It's kind of weird. My therapist says it's my nerves rebalancing. It's a weird feeling. Nothing overwhelming. I will post again in the morning. I hope I sleep better tonight. I need 6 to 7 straight hours to feel better.
                              Last edited by Anonymous; 02-07-2020, 05:45 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

Working...
                              X