Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WPT's New Thread - "Making the Jump at 1mg Suboxone, 10 years on, support requested."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WPT's New Thread - "Making the Jump at 1mg Suboxone, 10 years on, support requested."

This is WPT's new thread! He needs support! To catch everyone up here are all the posts from his thread that was in the "Prescription Drug Addiction" forum!

(WPT 1st post) - "Hi all. I would like to make this short (as possible) and to the point. I’m a 44 year old male with a life long addiction to opioids. Started after I broke my back my senior year in high school. Many surgeries later I found myself completely addicted to Oxys. Over the next 10 years I was off and on but mostly on. Had two overdoses that nearly took my life. So after this 10 year struggle I found Suboxone. My highest dose was 32mg in the beginning but now have tapered down to 1mg after months of hard work and much struggle. I have a wonderful supportive wife and a 6 year old son and successful career, sub was the main reason I have any of it. But all good things must come to an end.

So tomorrow night will be my last dose ever, never looking back and really can't wait to feel what's it's like to free of this drug. My doctor has given me something to help for pretty much any symptom that I may have. I know the worst part will be insomnia and RLS at night, I can handle everything so long as I'm getting some sleep. Last time I got off everything I didn't sleep for 7 nights, wanted to end it all. So this time I will have Klonopin for nighttime but only for two weeks. No need to start another dependency. I took a week off work so I'll have 9 days to get my >>>> together as much as I can.

I realize that 1mg is still a strong dose but I can tell you that it's nothing compared to what I was taking. To be totally honest here, by the time it's time to take my dose at 7pm I am in full withdrawals. So I'm not sure about this 3 day half life, maybe I'll get through it faster but who knows. I will take minute by minute if I have to but this is my last dance. If I have to be a zombie for a couple of months so be it, my addiction didn't happen overnight so neither will my recovery! I will post updates best I can throughout this ordeal in hopes of some encouraging words and that my experience may help someone else get off this >>>>. God Bless"

(Ricky71 reply) - "Like you said, 1mg of sub is still a pretty hefty dose to jump from! I'll leave a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan if you would like to taper lower to make things much more comfortable? You don't have to worry about the induction part of the plan because you are already on subs, here's the link - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted? God bless us all!"

(WPT post) - "As I appreciate the info I have just run out of time and patience. Busy season is rapidly approaching at work and this is just the right time. Just can’t put it off any longer, I fear if I do I won’t have the will to stay the course. But listen, please stick with me on this, I’ll need the support. Many thanks and yes God Bless us all!"

(Ricky71 reply) - "I understand your situation and how you are feeling! Subs are strong, 30x stronger than morphine! Just be prepared for the road ahead because it could be quite long and rough jumping from 1mg! It can be done though! Many others have jumped from much higher than you, it just can be really uncomfortable to say the least!

It seems that you have a fast metabolism and probably some other factors as well where the half-life of the sub is much shorter for you? Hopefully this will work in your favor? Make sure that you stay well hydrated! I'm rooting for you! Best of luck and keep us updated? Take care... God bless us all!"

(WPT post) - "Looks like I’ll be keeping you updated, quiet around here! Anyway, just took my last half mg and let me tell you I am feeling pretty nervous about what’s to come. Be on it so long, I’m afraid of the damage it’s done and how long it’s going to take to get myself back. My poor son doesn’t understand why I’m sick and can’t play or wrestle will him. Yet I know this tooth shall pass and we will all be better for it when it’s over, God Willing. I will post an update before I try for some sleep tomorrow night, not looking forward to it but I’m hoping the Klonopin will help some. God Bless"

(Ricky71 reply) - "If the withdrawals become too much/too uncomfortable for you then please re-consider using Robert's sub therapy/taper plan? Most people taper all the way down to .25mg/day (one quarter of one milligram) or less before either using the skip day process and/or jumping? I just hate to see anyone suffer unnecessarily especially when there is an option where they don't have to?

It is true that the forums are slow, unfortunately they have been for a while? You are specifically in one of the slower forums that are available here! If you would like I could start a new thread for you in the "Need To Talk" forum? I can copy over all of the posts from this thread to the new one then you would just continue to use the new thread and let this one dissappear in to the archives! The "Need To Talk" forum has the most traffic so you would get the most support over there! Just let me know? Update when you can? God bless us all!"

(WPT post) - "Ricky71 Yes please do. Appreciate you! Day one of the rest of my life without this >>>>!"

WPT, I forgot to mention that it is generally slow on the weekends as well. Definitely keep posting and check back often! Other's will be by to offer their advice and support soon I'm sure. Take care... God bless us all!

PS
    Under additional options you can check the box that says "Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes" and then from the pull down menu you can choose "Instantly, using email"? That way you'll get email notifications every time someone leaves a post on your thread!

Comment

Thank you Ricky71, today’s hasn’t been to bad so far but I know the fun will begin when it’s time for sleep or maybe around day three. More to come...

Comment

Whoa! 1mg is surely a high dose to jump from especially with your lengthy history and tolerance.
        However, when you're ready, you are ready and you sound ready. You just sound done! I get that. In my experience, that's actually a very good sign. Some peoples mind can play tricks, but when your done, your mind is focused. Keep your eye on the prize! Plus those meds from your dr will help. Surely the kpins will help with sleep but they tend to be longer acting, so be careful about the grogginess the next day. That could actually be a pain, no?
        Although I have to ask.... you went from 32mg down to 1mg. How long did that take and have you experienced any WD symptoms?
        Also, you can check out beefs thread. I believe he jumped from a rather high dose (1 mg)? He was done as well. His thread is absolutely worth reading. Very level headed guy with a sense of humor!!
        Good luck

Comment

You have summed the courage. That's the beginning. Now lean on a higher power. Jumping from suboxone was tough. It can be done. Stay busy. Use something like benadryl to sleep. I will check in on you. Take care.

Comment

Geez_again So to answer your question about tapering from 32 to 1 wasn’t bad until I got down to about 4mg a day. Then I started getting the cold like symptoms (which I have big time right now) troubles sleeping. Get down to one was hard, very hard. I had to give up the medication to my wife because I just could go any further on my own.

Quick update, my last half mg was Friday March 6th at 0730. Last night SUCKED, I had RSL in my arms and legs and even will the 1mg of Klonopin it took me until God knows when to fall asleep. I think I slept for maybe 3 hours and woke up with no energy to get out of bed. So, to sum up, bad RSL, very low energy and big time body aches but all and all manageable! Oh, we have a big jacuzzi tub and it’s a life saver right now, don’t ever want to get out. So here goes day two! God willing I’ll get through this without to much suffering.

Comment

Ok what’s with all the yawning! Good lord it feels like my jaw is going to break! Sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by WPT View Post
                Geez_again So to answer your question about tapering from 32 to 1 wasn’t bad until I got down to about 4mg a day. Then I started getting the cold like symptoms (which I have big time right now) troubles sleeping. Get down to one was hard, very hard. I had to give up the medication to my wife because I just could go any further on my own.

Quick update, my last half mg was Friday March 6th at 0730. Last night SUCKED, I had RSL in my arms and legs and even will the 1mg of Klonopin it took me until God knows when to fall asleep. I think I slept for maybe 3 hours and woke up with no energy to get out of bed. So, to sum up, bad RSL, very low energy and big time body aches but all and all manageable! Oh, we have a big jacuzzi tub and it’s a life saver right now, don’t ever want to get out. So here goes day two! God willing I’ll get through this without to much suffering.
                Like geez said, the Klonopin is a longer acting benzo so it doesn't kick in that fast or hard! Not really the best benzo to knock you out! A fast acting benzo like xanax or ativan is better suited for quick onset and drowsiness. As with any benzo you'll want to use extreme caution because they are highly addictive and can become a problem very quickly and easily! What other "comfort" meds did you receive from your doctor? Probably the two best prescription medications that you can use during opiate withdrawal and early recovery is clonidine and gabapentin!

The RLS is very common, try to increase your potassium with foods and supplements. Also try Hyland's restful legs, it's an otc product that can be found at Walmart and most local drug stores? One of the other members had mentioned to take benadryl for sleep. That is definitely something you DO NOT want to take or any other antihistamine for that matter! Antihistamines (Benadryl) can actually cause and/or make RLS worse!
                Ok what’s with all the yawning! Good lord it feels like my jaw is going to break! Sucks!
                Ahh, the yawning! Watery eyes? Common withdrawal symptoms unfortunately and they do suk bigtime!

You can follow the thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal which may help ease some of your withdrawal symptoms, here's a link to the recipe - https://forum.drugs.com/featured-con...ent-35169.html

Stay well hydrated with lots of water and Gatorade! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Comment

Just found something unexpected that helps ease the WDs, wood turning! I am a wood worker and have a nice shop I can retreat to. I didn’t think I’d have the strength but turns out I did and I forgot all about my issues! Cool!

Comment

Good deal, keep it up.
                    Do u have any subs in your possession/wife's? Or are they all gone? Just asking bc in the past it was easier for me to stop whenor if I had zero access.
                    Sorry about the RLS. Honestly, I don't have much experience with that. But, many other members do! When I did get it very briefly (only one or two nights TOPS) I got it in my arms. I slept on my side and propped my arm up on pillows. Seemed to help me, but who knows?
                    Yes, the yawning. Annoying but no biggie. Same with sneezing. I sneezed a lot for a good month.
                    My biggest annoyance and longest issue jumping from subs was the GI issues. Imodium helped immensely.
                    Idk, mr w, you sound pretty good. There's nothing I can add here... you got this. You're doing great
                    Keep us updated.

Comment

Geez_again, You know what’s funny, I just told my wife to dump what I had left. I will be easier knowing they are gone, zero access. But I decided I want to be the one to do it, like a final farewell (with her supervision of course).

Update: Day three, expecting things to get worse at some point today but whatever, bring it! Maybe not and I’ll get off easy God willing.

Last night I slept 5 1/2 hours straight, no RSL but when I woke up I did have the stretchies (at least that is what I call them), whole body stretches that don’t seem to stop or do much good! Then I dozed in and out for a few more hours. Funny last time I went through this I couldn’t stay in bed more that 5 minutes at a time.

Really I’m just waiting for the hammer to drop because so far this hasn’t been that bad and I would expect it to be much worse because of how long I was in it. I guess we will see around day 7 when it’s complete out of my system. Thank you all for take part in this with me, journaling this experience seems to help and will be a good record for me to reflect back to when I’m having weak moments. God Bless

Comment

Aha! Too funny. Yes, good thinking getting rid of them. It's tough but worth it, for me anyway.
                        You sound good. Happy for ya!

Comment

Maybe I’ve been not asking the right question here. Here it is, when can I expect the worse of it to hit? I figured it would have be within 24 hours, they were no joy ride but nothing like I thought they would be. Should be be nice to here from some of you folks with the experience? Where are you (excluding present company)?

Comment

Maybe I’ve been not asking the right question here. Here it is, when can I expect the worse of it to hit? I figured it would have be within 24 hours, they were no joy ride but nothing like I thought they would be. Should be be nice to here from some of you folks with the experience? Where are you (excluding present company)?

Cold turkey from shorter half-life opiates like oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc... the worst of the physical withdrawal symptoms usually peak on day 3-4.
                            Long half-life opiates like suboxone, methadone, etc... can easily take twice as long!

Everyone is different, a lot of factors like metabolism, age, health, etc... will play a part in severity and/or length in detox and recovery? I hope this helps? Take care... God bless us all!

Comment

What i feared. So let’s see what happens! Day 3 coming to a close (two hours in the tub today lol) just hate getting out!

Comment

Working...
                              X