Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help? I have been pain killers for 13 years. Scared to QT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reeray View Post
    Just wrote a long post.

Survived Hurricane Matthew and doing well. Huge tree fell on my house, fences down, windows smashed, and loads of calls and work to do.

60 Days clean.

Hope my friends are all doing well here and still fighting the battle. I will write more when I can. Four days now without power.

"Break on through to the other side"

Love Reeray
    Reeray,

60 days? Well my dear, Stormy is bestowing another gold dipped ribbon upon you!

Tearing up. I think of you and others so often.

Nothing I mean nothing makes me smile more than an update that one is clean. Continually clean.

So proud of you and sending you a virtual hug. Keep breaking on through to the other side.

Love,
    Stormy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-10-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Reeray!! I heart you! Sixty days!

*doing happy dance*

If I would have stuck with it with you, I'd be there too. Alas, I relapsed but I crawled back up on the wagon and tried again. I noticed almost two weeks in that I started almost feeling normal but the pill thoughts are often. So at 60 days, I'd like to know how you feel, how the pill thoughts are and how the cravings are. Give me some good news! I'm ready to read some fantastic, positive, uplifting news today!

Breaking through to the other side with you!! And dancing while I do it! LOL

Love,
      Hammy

Comment

• Checking in on Miss Reeray! Do tell us how you are!

Xo
        Stormy

Comment

• Hi Hammy,

So good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear you relapsed. The first few weeks are really hard to get through.

I will not say it has been easy to stay clean. The physical symptoms (tingly skin, aches) still come and go, although much less intense. My energy improved a lot since the beginning. I just keep going, knowing that taking a pill will only make me have to begin again.

Stress definitely makes me want to use. The hurricane left so many of my neighbors with such a mess, but it is times like this that I realize I have a lot to give to others, for which I am grateful.

I am glad I did not give in, but instead kept my mind on helping others and getting my own property back in order.

Hammy, just keep trying. You can do this. It is a learning process indeed, but it is doable. I actually love my life again. I hate to admit this, but there was a time when I didn't care if I lived or died. I just couldn't see the point anymore. It was the pills!!!

As Stormy said in her recent post, at four months the thought are so much less. Just think...Only four months compared to the rest of your life.

Reach out and grab your freedom and happiness Hammy. We are here for you.

I have many days now, when I realize I didn't even think about the pills. It really does get easier with time. Suddenly, you realize you are living your life again without pills and you feel great!

Love Reeray

"Break On Through To The Other Side"

Comment

Hi Hammy,

So good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear you relapsed. The first few weeks are really hard to get through.

I will not say it has been easy to stay clean. The physical symptoms (tingly skin, aches) still come and go, although much less intense. My energy improved a lot since the beginning. I just keep going, knowing that taking a pill will only make me have to begin again.

Stress definitely makes me want to use. The hurricane left so many of my neighbors with such a mess, but it is times like this that I realize I have a lot to give to others, for which I am grateful.

I am glad I did not give in, but instead kept my mind on helping others and getting my own property back in order.

Hammy, just keep trying. You can do this. It is a learning process indeed, but it is doable. I actually love my life again. I hate to admit this, but there was a time when I didn't care if I lived or died. I just couldn't see the point anymore. It was the pills!!!

As Stormy said in her recent post, at four months the thought are so much less. Just think...Only four months compared to the rest of your life.

Reach out and grab your freedom and happiness Hammy. We are here for you.

I have many days now, when I realize I didn't even think about the pills. It really does get easier with time. Suddenly, you realize you are living your life again without pills and you feel great!

Love Reeray

"Break On Through To The Other Side"
            This! You said it perfectly! Thank you.

Comment

• 92 Days Clean.

Just giving an update on my progress. So far I have had good days then bad, back and forth, all around and upside down! Just like the rollercoaster so many have spoken of here.

I imagine many thought I had relapsed, but nope, still clean.

I know if I can do this, so can anyone else who puts their all into it. It is not easy. In fact, some days are downright hard as heck!! However, the good days, so outshine the dark days. This is the best life I have led in years. Even the really bad days are better than all those years I spent in a fog.

Cheers to Stormy, Cat, Bette, Mary, Jenny, Hammy, Somo, and all of you who saw me through the beginning of this journey. I would not have made it this far without you! Bless you.

Love Reeray

"Break on through to tge Other Side"

Comment

• Just wanted to come back and update my progress. I am about 5 months clean now.

The past two months have been a rollercoaster for sure. I feel great and then not so great, i.e. fuzzy brain, aches, sneezing for no reason, rls, etc. Seems the pills really had their hooks in me and my body and brain still have to remind me of where I've been at times. However, I keep moving forward in spite of these ho hum days, knowing everyday day clean is definitely better than the any day dependent on the pills.

For anyone out there who is thinking about getting clean, YOU CAN DO THIS.

If I can do it, you can.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and are enjoying the New Year.

Love Reeray

Comment

• I am at the 3 month clean mark...after 16 yrs of opiods every day...I got thru the first 2 weeks, had an ok 2 months after that.. thought it was over...then bam at 2 and half mo all came back...the pressure in stomach muscles and back spasms were horrid for the last 3 weeks...using chamomile tea and its let up the last 3 days...cough and dry tickle hungon for over 2months ...just now letting up...its like all morning id be fine then bam...hits me for 5 hours then bam disappears...up and down...lord I hope I peaked on this roller coaster ride....

Comment

• UPDATE:

Hello old friends. I just wanted you to know I am still clean and doing so well. Life is beautiful again. Life has it's ups and downs. You can do it and so much more. You are all much stronger than you even know. Reach way down inside of yourselves everyday and muster that strength to beat your addiction. It is work, LOVE, FAITH, COURAGE and most of all HOPE. You will be so proud of yourselves my friends and never have to feel bad about yourself again. You CAN have a BEAUTIFUL life. Believe.

Keep close touch with others here. Reach out when feeling weak, discouraged or depressed. The people of this forum have my utmost respect. Taught me so many things along the way to being clean. Thank you Everyone!!!

Comment

UPDATE:

Hello old friends. I just wanted you to know I am still clean and doing so well. Life is beautiful again. Life has it's ups and downs. You can do it and so much more. You are all much stronger than you even know. Reach way down inside of yourselves everyday and muster that strength to beat your addiction. It is work, LOVE, FAITH, COURAGE and most of all HOPE. You will be so proud of yourselves my friends and never have to feel bad about yourself again. You CAN have a BEAUTIFUL life. Believe.

Keep close touch with others here. Reach out when feeling weak, discouraged or depressed. The people of this forum have my utmost respect. Taught me so many things along the way to being clean. Thank you Everyone!!!

Reeray, such good news! I'm very happy for you! Unfortunately none of those old members from when you were here are posting on the forums anymore! I myself only post from time to time, maybe you remember me? Are you with the same partner? I remember that he had the same addiction issues, how's he doing?

Thanks for the update! Don't be a stranger, stop by the forum and leave an update now and again? Very, very proud of you! Keep on keepin on! Stay well... God bless us all!
                      ​​

Comment

Working...
                      X