No announcement yet.

Pill ID for Dog ? PT20 ( Prednisone ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pill ID for Dog ? PT20 ( Prednisone ?)

Looking for some help identifying a pill giving to a dog . The Pill ID is PT20 with an identifier on the back that looks like a picture of a capsule divided in half with a line. The left side is a larger half of a capsule and the right side is smaller. Both halves have a line coming off of it. We have looked at PDR's and called almost all of the Drug Makers and poison control.... Nobody has been able to id this pill ....

Have you tried contacting a vet and asking them? That would probably be your best bet, if it is a veterinary drug, some of them are the same and made by the same companies that humans use, but some aren't.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Comment

did you ever discover what pill this was. according to our vet it is 20 mg. of prednisone - we are giving it to our do. her other prednisone tab looked nothing like this and it worried me.

quote:Originally posted by K9cop

Looking for some help identifying a pill giving to a dog . The Pill ID is PT20 with an identifier on the back that looks like a picture of a capsule divided in half with a line. The left side is a larger half of a capsule and the right side is smaller. Both halves have a line coming off of it. We have looked at PDR's and called almost all of the Drug Makers and poison control.... Nobody has been able to id this pill ....

Comment

If I were you, I would not worry. There are many companies that make generic versions of drugs. Your vet probably tries to go with the cheapest since most pet owners do not have pet insurance, and thus have to pay out of pocket for their furbabies meds.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

Comment

Working...
        X