Round blue pill with A over 215

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round blue pill with A over 215

I found a pill in my son's room. It was small and blue. It was scored and had an A over 215. Any ideas what this is? Thanks for the help.

Generic Name: Oxycodone Immediate Release
    Strength: 30 mg
    Manufacturer: Amide Pharmaceutical
    Trade Name: N/A
    Type: Analgesic
    Class: RX, CII

Comment

Thank you for your help. Is oxycodone like oxycontin becuase i've heard a lot of bad things about those? Is this a pain reliever, is it powerful? Anyway, thank you for your help.

Comment

As far as I know, they are very similar. They are a pain reliever, but just one wouldn't be very strong.

Comment

Oxycontin >>. oxycodone

Both drugs are oxycodone (the generic name) but Oxycontin is the brand name for the extended release formulation. It is intended to be taken every 12 or 8 hours. Plain oxycodone is the immediate release formulation which begins to work faster, has a peak effect in 30-60 min, and lasts for about 3-6 hours. It is half of the ingredients in Percocet (the other half is Tylenol) and is usually used for "breakthrough pain" in between extended release pain medications such as Oxycontin in case the effect wears off prior to the next dose.

Comment

Originally posted by lokiandme View Post
            Both drugs are oxycodone (the generic name) but Oxycontin is the brand name for the extended release formulation. It is intended to be taken every 12 or 8 hours. Plain oxycodone is the immediate release formulation which begins to work faster, has a peak effect in 30-60 min, and lasts for about 3-6 hours. It is half of the ingredients in Percocet (the other half is Tylenol) and is usually used for "breakthrough pain" in between extended release pain medications such as Oxycontin in case the effect wears off prior to the next dose.
            Thanks, lokiandme.

Comment

Working...
            X