Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making the Jump at 1mg Suboxone, 10 years on, support requested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the Jump at 1mg Suboxone, 10 years on, support requested.

Hi all. I would like to make this short (as possible) and to the point. I’m a 44 year old male with a life long addiction to opioids. Started after I broke my back my senior year in high school. Many surgeries later I found myself completely addicted to Oxys. Over the next 10 years I was off and on but mostly on. Had two overdoses that nearly took my life. So after this 10 year struggle I found Suboxone. My highest dose was 32mg in the beginning but now have tapered down to 1mg after months of hard work and much struggle. I have a wonderful supportive wife and a 6 year old son and successful career, sub was the main reason I have any of it. But all good things must come to an end.

So tomorrow night will be my last dose ever, never looking back and really can't wait to feel what's it's like to free of this drug. My doctor has given me something to help for pretty much any symptom that I may have. I know the worst part will be insomnia and RLS at night, I can handle everything so long as I'm getting some sleep. Last time I got off everything I didn't sleep for 7 nights, wanted to end it all. So this time I will have Klonopin for nighttime but only for two weeks. No need to start another dependency. I took a week off work so I'll have 9 days to get my >>>> together as much as I can.

I realize that 1mg is still a strong dose but I can tell you that it's nothing compared to what I was taking. To be totally honest here, by the time it's time to take my dose at 7pm I am in full withdrawals. So I'm not sure about this 3 day half life, maybe I'll get through it faster but who knows. I will take minute by minute if I have to but this is my last dance. If I have to be a zombie for a couple of months so be it, my addiction didn't happen overnight so neither will my recovery! I will post updates best I can throughout this ordeal in hopes of some encouraging words and that my experience may help someone else get off this >>>>. God Bless

Originally posted by WPT View Post
    Hi all. I would like to make this short (as possible) and to the point. I’m a 44 year old male with a life long addiction to opioids. Started after I broke my back my senior year in high school. Many surgeries later I found myself completely addicted to Oxys. Over the next 10 years I was off and on but mostly on. Had two overdoses that nearly took my life. So after this 10 year struggle I found Suboxone. My highest dose was 32mg in the beginning but now have tapered down to 1mg after months of hard work and much struggle. I have a wonderful supportive wife and a 6 year old son and successful career, sub was the main reason I have any of it. But all good things must come to an end.

So tomorrow night will be my last dose ever, never looking back and really can't wait to feel what's it's like to free of this drug. My doctor has given me something to help for pretty much any symptom that I may have. I know the worst part will be insomnia and RLS at night, I can handle everything so long as I'm getting some sleep. Last time I got off everything I didn't sleep for 7 nights, wanted to end it all. So this time I will have Klonopin for nighttime but only for two weeks. No need to start another dependency. I took a week off work so I'll have 9 days to get my >>>> together as much as I can.

I realize that 1mg is still a strong dose but I can tell you that it's nothing compared to what I was taking. To be totally honest here, by the time it's time to take my dose at 7pm I am in full withdrawals. So I'm not sure about this 3 day half life, maybe I'll get through it faster but who knows. I will take minute by minute if I have to but this is my last dance. If I have to be a zombie for a couple of months so be it, my addiction didn't happen overnight so neither will my recovery! I will post updates best I can throughout this ordeal in hopes of some encouraging words and that my experience may help someone else get off this >>>>. God Bless

Like you said, 1mg of sub is still a pretty hefty dose to jump from! I'll leave a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan if you would like to taper lower to make things much more comfortable? You don't have to worry about the induction part of the plan because you are already on subs, here's the link - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted? God bless us all!

Comment

As I appreciate the info I have just run out of time and patience. Busy season is rapidly approaching at work and this is just the right time. Just can’t put it off any longer, I fear if I do I won’t have the will to stay the course. But listen, please stick with me on this, I’ll need the support. Many thanks and yes God Bless us all!

Comment

As I appreciate the info I have just run out of time and patience. Busy season is rapidly approaching at work and this is just the right time. Just can’t put it off any longer, I fear if I do I won’t have the will to stay the course. But listen, please stick with me on this, I’ll need the support. Many thanks and yes God Bless us all!

I understand your situation and how you are feeling! Subs are strong, 30x stronger than morphine! Just be prepared for the road ahead because it could be quite long and rough jumping from 1mg! It can be done though! Many others have jumped from much higher than you, it just can be really uncomfortable to say the least!

It seems that you have a fast metabolism and probably some other factors as well where the half-life of the sub is much shorter for you? Hopefully this will work in your favor? Make sure that you stay well hydrated! I'm rooting for you! Best of luck and keep us updated? Take care... God bless us all!

Comment

Looks like I’ll be keeping you updated, quiet around here! Anyway, just took my last half mg and let me tell you I am feeling pretty nervous about what’s to come. Be on it so long, I’m afraid of the damage it’s done and how long it’s going to take to get myself back. My poor son doesn’t understand why I’m sick and can’t play or wrestle will him. Yet I know this tooth shall pass and we will all be better for it when it’s over, God Willing. I will post an update before I try for some sleep tomorrow night, not looking forward to it but I’m hoping the Klonopin will help some. God Bless

Comment

Looks like I’ll be keeping you updated, quiet around here! Anyway, just took my last half mg and let me tell you I am feeling pretty nervous about what’s to come. Be on it so long, I’m afraid of the damage it’s done and how long it’s going to take to get myself back. My poor son doesn’t understand why I’m sick and can’t play or wrestle will him. Yet I know this tooth shall pass and we will all be better for it when it’s over, God Willing. I will post an update before I try for some sleep tomorrow night, not looking forward to it but I’m hoping the Klonopin will help some. God Bless

If the withdrawals become too much/too uncomfortable for you then lplease consider using Robert's sub therapy/taper plan? Most people taper all the way down to .25mg/day (one quarter of one milligram) or less before either using the skip day process and/or jumping? I just hate to see anyone suffer unnecessarily especially when there is an option where they don't have to?

It is true that the forums are slow, unfortunately they have been for a while? You are specifically in one of the slower forums that are available here! If you would like I could start a new thread for you in the "Need To Talk" forum? I can copy over all of the posts from this thread to the new one then you would just continue to use the new thread and let this one dissappear in to the archives! The "Need To Talk" forum has the most traffic so you would get the most support over there! Just let me know? Update when you can? God bless us all!

Comment

Ricky71 Yes please do. Appreciate you! Day one of the rest of my life without this >>>>!

Comment

Ricky71 Yes please do. Appreciate you! Day one of the rest of my life without this >>>>!
                Here's a direct link to your new thread in the "Need To Talk" forum -
                https://forum.drugs.com/need-talk/wp...ted-75547.html

If any members would like to reply to WPT please do so on his new thread?

WPT - You should get more support now so just use the new thread and stop using this one. The thread here will eventually dissappear in to the archives as newer threads are made! God bless us all!

Comment

That is very potent, good luck and thanks for this additional info.

Comment

Your road to this point is extremely similar to mine. Same age, same situation. I hope you can maintain the frame of mind necessary to get through it. The insomnia and fatigue were always the symptoms that tore me down the most as well. Because our paths are so similar, I have a question about your Suboxone use if you don’t mind. Did prolonged use of Suboxone have very profound effects on your psychological state? Loss in almost all interests? very little emotion? Deep depression and sadness? Inability to maintain or make real personal connections? The reason I am asking is I had all of these and more while, and only while on Suboxone for an extended period of time. I haven’t found many others with these symptoms and my doctor swears it is not from the Suboxone but it is. I jumped two years ago and went through five weeks of hell and made it and felt soooooo much better. Went back to Oxys and back on the sub and those feelings came back. I hope you are doing well and you will get though this.

Comment

Working...
                    X