How to use suboxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use suboxone

I've been taking 60mg morphine every day for a while now I have 3 suboxone 2/8 packets havent even opened them. I take 1 morphine pill every day and I take it from when I get up in the morning. I dont know how much to take or how long I'd have to wait to take it. I also wanna know if it actually helps. And is it ok to take klonopin while using it

Hopefully you didnt take it last night. You will need to wait several hours after your last dose before taking the suboxone or you will send yourself into precipitated withdrawals.

Google “COWS opiate detox” and you’ll find a scoring guide to let you know when its safe to take the suboxone. It basically makes sure you are having enough withdrawal symptoms to safely take the drug.

The suboxone you have is the 8mg strips (with 2mg of naloxone). Split the strip into 16 equal 0.5mg pieces and once you score a 26+ on the COWS sheet, take a 0.5mg piece. If you do not feel better in an hour, take another 0.5mg. Repeat until you are no longer in withdrawal. You are now ‘inducted’

Comment

Originally posted by Maddmaxx88 View Post
      I've been taking 60mg morphine every day for a while now I have 3 suboxone 2/8 packets havent even opened them. I take 1 morphine pill every day and I take it from when I get up in the morning. I dont know how much to take or how long I'd have to wait to take it. I also wanna know if it actually helps. And is it ok to take klonopin while using it

Welcome to the forum Maddmaxx. How long "exactly" have you been taking the morphine? Why are you taking the morphine? What is your ultimate goal? If you are trying to get off the morphine you would be better off going cold turkey! Suboxone is 30 times stronger than morphine! Using suboxone to get off of the morphine is like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly!

Anyways, you would need more than just three 8mg sub films to properly execute a suboxone therapy/taper plan! You can read the following thread about Robert's sub therapy/taper plan here - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

If subs are not used correctly they can cause way more harm than good! Like I mentioned earlier, SUBS ARE NOT FOR YOU! Subs are only to be used as a last resort option for opiate addicts who have tried and failed multiple times on trying to quit and stay clean by using both cold turkey and tapering methods of quitting! I hope this information helps? Update when you can and let us know your thoughts and/or concerns? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
      Klonopin and most other benzodiazepines are highly addictive! Benzo addiction is way worse than opiate addiction! Be very careful with benzos! It doesn't take long before they can become a major problem!
      Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I originally was using hero in and used morphine to taper off and been using it ever sense it has been almost a year maybe less I think I've gained a tolerance because I'd begen to start feeling like complete #### halfway threw the day. I started taking benzos and they helped.
        Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X