Quitting Suboxone cold turkey --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 10, cold turkey quit

Glad I found this. Been on subs for 6 years. 24mgs a day. Then this last year got down to 2mgs a day.
    The last month I cut each strip to 8 pieces. Did 1mg a day for 2 weeks. Quit cold turkey 10 days ago. Can't sleep more than 3 hours a night. Then take an hour nap in the day. Hope sleep starts coming soon. I had to quit. I had a corrupt Dr that wants me on it forever or something. My work is being effected cause I'm so exhausted. I've had my job 16 years. Hope I'm better in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Drrandall1 View Post
      Glad I found this. Been on subs for 6 years. 24mgs a day. Then this last year got down to 2mgs a day.
      The last month I cut each strip to 8 pieces. Did 1mg a day for 2 weeks. Quit cold turkey 10 days ago. Can't sleep more than 3 hours a night. Then take an hour nap in the day. Hope sleep starts coming soon. I had to quit. I had a corrupt Dr that wants me on it forever or something. My work is being effected cause I'm so exhausted. I've had my job 16 years. Hope I'm better in the next week or so.
      Please start your own thread so you can help, advice and support tailored specifically for your personal situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Drrandall1 View Post
        Hey Drrandall. Welcome! Congratulations on 10 days. I too jumped from 1mg of suboxone almost 14 months ago. And i hate to say it but you're probably in for a bit of a ride. Nothing serious but youll experience chills, tummy issues, anxiety, depression, all the normal w/d symptoms. Because of the long half life of the subs the detox lasts quite a bit longer. Everyone heals differently but id say you got about another week or two of feeling like this. Sleep is unfortunately one of the last things to balance out. However there are some things that can help you get back to yourself. There is the Thomas recipe for opiate withdrawal. You can google it. It calls for a benzo like valium but id leave that out unless youre already taking them under a doctors supervision. All those vitamins will help you on this journey. Drink tons of water and gatorade. Eat a protein rich healthy diet with lots of leafy greens. If you cant stomach any food id recommend protein shakes. Take Imodium for tummy issues. Liquid form is best take as needed and directed. Last, and i cant stress this enough!!! Stay active!!! Go for a walk, move around, get those endorphins moving. I know it feels impossible with how exhausted you are but it will help you.

Next i'd like to second the suggestion from Ricky. Start your own thread. There members can track your posts and leave comments/suggestions for you in one place. You'll get all the support you need from this amazing place.

You can do this!! Keeping a positive mindset will help you on this process. We are all here rooting you on.

Start that thread!! I'll be looking for it.
        Have a great night!
        Beef

Comment

Hey I just read your post. I've been taking subs for about 7 yrs now. I didn't have a prescription so I bought them off the street. I started with pain pills and then a couple of my friends were going to the sub Dr to stop the pills so I decided to stop the pain pills and take subs..bad decision! I've been weaning myself off for 2 weeks now..I made my last pill last for 11 days. It's 3am and I haven't been sleeping well at all! No other side effects yet. What can I except? I'm fine with the no sleep I just don't want leg cramps and other fun stuff. How long did it take to feel normal again?I should tell you that I was into snorting subs so idk if that will make it harder for me to get off of them? Please I could use any advice at all
          Thanks

Comment

With this time off from work because of COVID-19, I figured it was the perfect time to try quitting Suboxone cold turkey

However....I've been on it for 9 years straight 24MG per day! It is now day 35 and I'm not getting any better. IMO, I think for someone of my longevity on this drug quitting cold turkey is a terrible idea. I would love nothing better than to quit but weening down is the only solution I believe for myself

Respect to everyone that did it and succeeded. I however am not going to live like this anymore and being self employed with my own business, I can't just be away from it all contrary to many believing that if you're the boss, you don't have to go to work.

I just want to be done with it all. I just want to be happy again. I find myself being very mean to my kids these last 30+ days and I can't be that person. So I'm going back to suboxone but this time, I will ween down until nothing is left over.

My addiction started from a freak car accident that shattered my pelvis. I have 80+ screws holding it together and from Dilaudid to fentanyl to nothing from docs after 2 months, I took to the streets to buy them until I realized I was taking 240MG's every 4 hours of Roxy blues. I found out about suboxone and it's ceiling and while it's not the greatest pain reliever, it did allow me to get back to work and live a normal life

What do you all think? Based on my story, what do you think I should do?

Comment

Originally posted by Icekareem View Post
              With this time off from work because of COVID-19, I figured it was the perfect time to try quitting Suboxone cold turkey

However....I've been on it for 9 years straight 24MG per day! It is now day 35 and I'm not getting any better. IMO, I think for someone of my longevity on this drug quitting cold turkey is a terrible idea. I would love nothing better than to quit but weening down is the only solution I believe for myself

Respect to everyone that did it and succeeded. I however am not going to live like this anymore and being self employed with my own business, I can't just be away from it all contrary to many believing that if you're the boss, you don't have to go to work.

I just want to be done with it all. I just want to be happy again. I find myself being very mean to my kids these last 30+ days and I can't be that person. So I'm going back to suboxone but this time, I will ween down until nothing is left over.

My addiction started from a freak car accident that shattered my pelvis. I have 80+ screws holding it together and from Dilaudid to fentanyl to nothing from docs after 2 months, I took to the streets to buy them until I realized I was taking 240MG's every 4 hours of Roxy blues. I found out about suboxone and it's ceiling and while it's not the greatest pain reliever, it did allow me to get back to work and live a normal life

What do you all think? Based on my story, what do you think I should do?

First off, please start your very own thread so you can get personalized help and support! Just copy and paste what you wrote here on your new thread?

OMG! It's not a surprise that you are not feeling any better even after 35 days! You were on subs for a very long time and unfortunately taking way too much sub as well! Most people are stable on just 2-4mg/day! More on all of that later?

I recommend that you start back on the subs immediately! Since you were at 24mg/day you can comfortably re-start at 16mg/day split evenly, twice a day 8-10 hours apart. For example: 8mg at 10am and 8mg at 7pm. Take your doses at the same exact times everyday! Read the following thread - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...tex-75589.html

Start your own thread and we'll go from there. We can help you! God bless us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky71 View Post
                First off, please start your very own thread so you can get personalized help and support! Just copy and paste what you wrote here on your new thread?

OMG! It's not a surprise that you are not feeling any better even after 35 days! You were on subs for a very long time and unfortunately taking way too much sub as well! Most people are stable on just 2-4mg/day! More on all of that later?

I recommend that you start back on the subs immediately! Since you were at 24mg/day you can comfortably re-start at 16mg/day split evenly, twice a day 8-10 hours apart. For example: 8mg at 10am and 8mg at 7pm. Take your doses at the same exact times everyday! Read the following thread - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...tex-75589.html

Start your own thread and we'll go from there. We can help you! God bless us all!

Appreciate the response immensely!

Apologies for the reply and not starting my own thread. I am not in the right state of mind(clearly) and 2 hospital doctors, which prescribed me gabapentin for the restless leg syndrome(worst withdrawal effect EVER), even called me insane and crazy.

I'm reading up on your link now and starting a new thread afterwards. Truly....appreciate your care and concerns more than you know friend. Blessings

Comment

Originally posted by Icekareem View Post
                  Appreciate the response immensely!

Apologies for the reply and not starting my own thread. I am not in the right state of mind(clearly) and 2 hospital doctors, which prescribed me gabapentin for the restless leg syndrome(worst withdrawal effect EVER), even called me insane and crazy.

I'm reading up on your link now and starting a new thread afterwards. Truly....appreciate your care and concerns more than you know friend. Blessings

So sorry, I gave you the wrong thread to read! This is the correct thread that was meant for you -
                  https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

You will skip the induction part of the plan! I'll be on the lookout for your new thread? God bless us all!

Comment

If I read correctly and you've had zero sub for 35 days then I would restart at .5 to 1 mg only per day.

Comment

Originally posted by geez_again View Post
                      If I read correctly and you've had zero sub for 35 days then I would restart at .5 to 1 mg only per day.

Geez, I personally don't think that 1mg of sub would give him much relief? The reason I recommend 16mg/day for this particular person is based on several very important factors? We both know that nobody needs more than 4-6mg of sub per day and most are completely stable on just 2-4mg/day. However with this poster, he was taking 24mg/day for nine years straight! I understand he's been off the subs for 35 days but he says himself that "he's not getting any better" even after 35 days? Then you add in the very long half-life of the subs which can be as long as 72 hours? He has continually been adding way more sub then he can dissipate through half-life elimination. If you were to do the half-life math you would see that he still has quite a bit of sub in his system? I would of recommended 12mg/day but I didn't want him to fuss with cutting his doses at this time while he is still so sick. I thought 8mg/day wasn't enough so that's how I came up with 16mg/day? He could stabilize again very quickly and then follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan of 25% reductions every 4-7 days? This is just my personal opinion and assessment of this particular individual's situation. Take care... God bless us all!

Comment

It's been 35 days of zero sub. It's just what I'd do. I personally would not take more than 1 mg.
                        Why start all over, especially at such a high dose? It just doesn't make sense to me. Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                        X