No announcement yet.

DAY 1 through DAY 10 going COLD TURKEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoJo, how are you today. It is 8:30am here in Latrobe, PA. In 2.5 hrs I will be 144 hrs clean and free. I don't like counting the minutes, days and hours but it actually helps me to say it out loud sometimes.

I am doing it . And so are you.

I don't feel great today, I didn't sleep a wink last night. I am going to take all my supplements and eat a protein filled breakfast. Then take all my vitamins. I think I am a little more anxious today because I know I have to be around people today. I have a fantasy football draft at 1pm, I am dreading having to see and talk to people who have no idea what I am going through. I think the more situations I put myself through the better off I will be.

Congrats on 16 days clean and free. As amazing as that sounds, just think what it will be like to say 16 weeks or 16 months or even 16 years.. keep up the good fight.

WE WILL SUCCEED!!!

Comment

• Thanks Bp. Your words are much appreciated. Day 19 and ssssssllowly getting there. I would be able to handle this if I can just get my energy back. Went away for the weekend and drank for the first time in 2 months. Actually felt normal while drinking. Lol. The next day was rough tho. I remember those days when I would just take a pill and everything just went away. I notice thinking positive does help. We have to train our brains that way. I know it's a long process but it can get done. It's up to us and nobody else. We all can and will get our lives back. Stay strong!

Comment

• I'm on day two, I was in a motorcycle crash and got out of hand with the pain pills. I'm really feeling bad and I want to know how long do u think l will be feeling this. I've only been on the pills about three months but got to the point of taking 25 a day and getting more from the steets when I ran out. No longer want that in my life. So I'm trying cold turkey

Comment

• LARRY AND JOJO, How is every one ?

Larry, you should go to the need to talk FORUM and start your own thread. You will get ALOT of good advice from ALOT of good people. JoJo, you should do the same. Lots of great people.

Comment

• I am the original E (Efil Pleh) it has been 5 years since my last post. The day I started Day 1 through Day 10 GOING COLD TURKEY was the first day, today I return to this forum, I return with an update, one that has 5 years of ups and downs, laughter and crying, happiness and sadness and achievements and failures which is really just life.

I cherish the both the highlights and the lowlights, the highlights remind me I’m enjoying the journey, the low lights remind me I’m alive and spring board me to the highlights. I felt all of it, physically and mentally and own each minute of the entire 5 years. I also own myself and responsible for my actions, choices and decisions. My life in 2020 is because of those actions, choices and decisions I made. There is life after pain medication and I’m proof! (Not trying to boost or act like I’m something special}.l have full custody of my Son During the last 5 years, hold a Vice President position in a major corporation As of 2 years ago and make 6 figures. I made it with Son in-tow, sleeping in my car, months at hotels, no money, meaning zero money not even a dime.Years of determination, determination fueled by “there is no way I’m going to settle for what left after I lost so much choosing those pain pills over real life”

I fought everyday, day after day. It was only me and my Son. My wife and I divorced in 2015 and my Parents died, there was no one, no relatives. On top of all that my Som is Autistic. I did it and so can you, when your ready, really ready and know and except what’s coming and never, never give up. No one can fix it, make it better get you through it but you. Unless one goes through it, one has no idea what it is!

I’m telling you there is a wonderful life available after pain pills! It will always be available and waiting there for you when you get there and you will. Never, never give up, keep trying and make it your own, you will get there. That very lengthy and dark place in my life ended 5 years ago, it will end for you as well regardless of how you feel right now, you will live again!

E.

Comment

• Originally posted by Efil Pleh2020 View Post
              I am the original E (Efil Pleh) it has been 5 years since my last post. The day I started Day 1 through Day 10 GOING COLD TURKEY was the first day, today I return to this forum, I return with an update, one that has 5 years of ups and downs, laughter and crying, happiness and sadness and achievements and failures which is really just life.

I cherish the both the highlights and the lowlights, the highlights remind me I’m enjoying the journey, the low lights remind me I’m alive and spring board me to the highlights. I felt all of it, physically and mentally and own each minute of the entire 5 years. I also own myself and responsible for my actions, choices and decisions. My life in 2020 is because of those actions, choices and decisions I made. There is life after pain medication and I’m proof! (Not trying to boost or act like I’m something special}.l have full custody of my Son During the last 5 years, hold a Vice President position in a major corporation As of 2 years ago and make 6 figures. I made it with Son in-tow, sleeping in my car, months at hotels, no money, meaning zero money not even a dime.Years of determination, determination fueled by “there is no way I’m going to settle for what left after I lost so much choosing those pain pills over real life”

I fought everyday, day after day. It was only me and my Son. My wife and I divorced in 2015 and my Parents died, there was no one, no relatives. On top of all that my Som is Autistic. I did it and so can you, when your ready, really ready and know and except what’s coming and never, never give up. No one can fix it, make it better get you through it but you. Unless one goes through it, one has no idea what it is!

I’m telling you there is a wonderful life available after pain pills! It will always be available and waiting there for you when you get there and you will. Never, never give up, keep trying and make it your own, you will get there. That very lengthy and dark place in my life ended 5 years ago, it will end for you as well regardless of how you feel right now, you will live again!

E.
              Great post/update! Stay well... God bless us all!

Comment

Working...
              X