Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice on what is best. I want to start this process.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice on what is best. I want to start this process.

Hey there all, I have some questions on how to start or help get off of Oxycodone.

I have been using them for 3 months or so now. Not super heavy use, but around 45-60 mg a day.

I still have control over my life and still have my job, but i have noticed that the oxy is really starting to change how i go about my day and im starting to feel like i need it to get through the day and that it may be affecting my work and sleep schedule etc.

My wife is on the same boat, and we use them recreational, but we never had a problem of using them for so long until now. We both want to stop and I am worried about withdrawal because i have experienced it for 1-4 days before but i am scared of it hurting my job and daily life.

A couple of questions:
    1. How addicted am i currently to this drug?
    2. How long will my withdrawal last?
    3. should i taper off, and what is the best method?
    4. Should i try a short-term Suboxone detox?

Any help is appreciated. I want to stop this nonsense before it becomes a bigger problem. It was a good time when it was fun, but it has overstayed its welcome.

Thank you so much in advance.

Having been addicted to opiates for over a decade, my own thought is that all the scientists in the world can’t figure out how to turn a pickle back into a cucumber, and so regardless of the length of time, the antidote to addiction is going to be the same regardless. I strongly suggest finding a local NA meeting or other 12-step group; generally they are full of people who can offer their own experience in putting active addiction in the rear view mirror, and most importantly without being judgmental. If meetings just aren’t an option, then I’d suggest spending a little time reading the other threads of this forum on the same topic. This will provide some insight into the process of getting clean, and then help on how to stay that way. Most importantly, you are not alone! Best wishes,
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-15-2020, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I meant to address your other questions but forgot...

The worst of the withdrawals are usually behind you after a week; but, day 3 was always the very worst, for me anyway, then after that would gradually improve. For those first days, ones body and mind will do just about anything to persuade us that eating more pills is a good idea, when of course it’s not!

I strongly suggest not doing the subs or methadone; they do nothing but redirect the addiction To something that in the end is even more difficult to put down. Convince yourself that you can get through a few days of flu-like symptoms, then just be ready with hot baths, a heating pad, Netflix, some mild exercise like walking, and a close friend if you have one that can help. You can do this! If I could, I know you can!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spudzy View Post
        Hey there all, I have some questions on how to start or help get off of Oxycodone.

I have been using them for 3 months or so now. Not super heavy use, but around 45-60 mg a day.

I still have control over my life and still have my job, but i have noticed that the oxy is really starting to change how i go about my day and im starting to feel like i need it to get through the day and that it may be affecting my work and sleep schedule etc.

My wife is on the same boat, and we use them recreational, but we never had a problem of using them for so long until now. We both want to stop and I am worried about withdrawal because i have experienced it for 1-4 days before but i am scared of it hurting my job and daily life.

A couple of questions:
        1. How addicted am i currently to this drug?
        2. How long will my withdrawal last?
        3. should i taper off, and what is the best method?
        4. Should i try a short-term Suboxone detox?

Any help is appreciated. I want to stop this nonsense before it becomes a bigger problem. It was a good time when it was fun, but it has overstayed its welcome.

Thank you so much in advance.

Spudzy, you haven't logged back in since you started this thread? There's plenty of help for you here so let us know you're still wanting advice and support by leaving an update? God bless us all!

Comment

Working...
        X