Single dad requesting help w/ zub taper, committed and beyond ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single dad requesting help w/ zub taper, committed and beyond ready

Hi, after years of opiates I enrolled myself in a zub program and have come to realize my Dr intends to keep me on them forever. I am ready to taper now rather than invest more time in my addiction. I am prescribed 2 a day but have never even taken 1 entire pill in a day. I'm embarrassed to say I usually crush and snort them to stretch them because they're pricey and I lack insurance. I would be more than happy, however, to take them correctly. I generally take a little less than a half throughout the day (line morning, noon and night). I know this ritualistic behaviour is my first obstacle but I will do anything to be a normal person again, especially for my son and my grandmother. I welcome and vastly appreciate all comments and opinions. I've been greatly encouraged by what I've read here. Thank you all and hope to hear from you!

Originally posted by JoshtheDad-O View Post
    Hi, after years of opiates I enrolled myself in a zub program and have come to realize my Dr intends to keep me on them forever. I am ready to taper now rather than invest more time in my addiction. I am prescribed 2 a day but have never even taken 1 entire pill in a day. I'm embarrassed to say I usually crush and snort them to stretch them because they're pricey and I lack insurance. I would be more than happy, however, to take them correctly. I generally take a little less than a half throughout the day (line morning, noon and night). I know this ritualistic behaviour is my first obstacle but I will do anything to be a normal person again, especially for my son and my grandmother. I welcome and vastly appreciate all comments and opinions. I've been greatly encouraged by what I've read here. Thank you all and hope to hear from you!

Welcome to the forum!
    I see that you have started two threads, just use this one here only!

Please give the following thread a read - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...uth-75015.html

In that thread you'll find a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan. Skip the induction part of Robert's plan but follow the rest of the it directly as outlined! Start with 4mg/day split in two doses! For example, 2mg at 8am and 2mg at 5pm? Very important to take exact doses at the same times (8-10 hours apart) everyday! Once you get down down to 1mg/day you'll dose just once a day for the rest of the taper until you're done! Lastly, stop snorting the sub! You need to take it properly, sublingual (under the tongue) for proper absorption (bioavailability)... Best of luck to you! Keep us posted? God bless us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky71 View Post
      Welcome to the forum!
      I see that you have started two threads, just use this one here only!

Please give the following thread a read - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...uth-75015.html

In that thread you'll find a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan. Skip the induction part of Robert's plan but follow the rest of the it directly as outlined! Start with 4mg/day split in two doses! For example, 2mg at 8am and 2mg at 5pm? Very important to take exact doses at the same times (8-10 hours apart) everyday! Once you get down down to 1mg/day you'll dose just once a day for the rest of the taper until you're done! Lastly, stop snorting the sub! You need to take it properly, sublingual (under the tongue) for proper absorption (bioavailability)... Best of luck to you! Keep us posted? God bless us all!
      I just realized that you are taking Zubsolv instead of Suboxone which is the exact same thing but comes in different strengths? 8mg Suboxone = 5.7mg Zubsolv so adjustments in math will have to be made?

Comment

Hi Ricky, thanks a bunch for responding. I am on zubsolv 5.7 and have been for a couple years. I have about 25 left at the pharmacy and could probably get another prescription for 30 if needed but would love to be done with Dr. Moneybags. I like Robert's plan but am unsure about the math. My biggest concern is this: usually after taking my morning dose (snorted) by the afternoon I can feel the clammy sweats starting which is why I have always done 3 or 4 lines a day. My question is after I start taking my pieces the correct way will it stay in my system longer or will I be sick by nighttime? I am dedicated regardless, just scared.

Comment

Hi Ricky, thanks a bunch for responding. I am on zubsolv 5.7 and have been for a couple years. I have about 25 left at the pharmacy and could probably get another prescription for 30 if needed but would love to be done with Dr. Moneybags. I like Robert's plan but am unsure about the math. My biggest concern is this: usually after taking my morning dose (snorted) by the afternoon I can feel the clammy sweats starting which is why I have always done 3 or 4 lines a day. My question is after I start taking my pieces the correct way will it stay in my system longer or will I be sick by nighttime? I am dedicated regardless, just scared.
          I don't know the answer to your question quite yet? You have to find the dose that keeps you stable throughout the day? So if you're taking roughly half a pill a day now then I would suggest taking the same amount per day but dosing as follows - a quarter (1.42mg) of a full pill (taking the correct way, under the tongue) at 8am and another quarter (1.42mg) of a full pill at 5pm (9 hours apart) which obviously equals a half pill (2.85mg) total for the day! You can pick your own times to dose of course but whatever times you choose make sure you dose at those same times everyday 8-10 hours apart! Stay on that dose for the next few days and let's see if you become stable with very little to no withdrawal symptoms? We'll figure out the rest of the reductions after we get you stable on the current dose?
          Last edited by Anonymous; 11-10-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Great advice! I'm quite sure I can do that and will begin tomorrow. It's been a couple years since I've felt true full-on withdrawal but I vividly remember the sheer horror of it and can therefore cope with a little discomfort between doses. Thank you again for your time, you've doubled my confidence.

Comment

Great advice! I'm quite sure I can do that and will begin tomorrow. It's been a couple years since I've felt true full-on withdrawal but I vividly remember the sheer horror of it and can therefore cope with a little discomfort between doses. Thank you again for your time, you've doubled my confidence.

No problem, I'm glad to help! Just remember to take your doses at the same exact times every day 8-10 hours apart! Also, make sure the doses themselves are as accurate as possible? And again, DO NOT SNORT YOUR MEDS! I also have a feeling that the naloxone that is in the zub may be causing some undesirable symptoms/issues as well because you are snorting the meds? Follow Robert's plan and you'll do just fine! Best of luck to you and keep us updated daily? God bless us all!
              Last edited by Anonymous; 11-10-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I've wondered the same thing about the naloxone. I do experience a great deal of headaches, hot and cold sweats, etc. much more than I ever have or should be having. I have long harbored suspicion that it's the naloxone, which is one more reason to quit. I've snorted the last I'll ever snort, tomorrow I'll start the sublingual. I'm excited and terrified all in one. Will definitely update tomorrow. God bless you too!

Comment

Day 1 here I come. A quarter under the tongue this morning and a quarter this evening. I'll make sure and note the times. I'm feeling positive and telling myself I won't have bad symptoms. After experiencing actual withdrawal mild symptoms should be completely bearable by comparison. Thanks for the support!

Comment

By the way, it's 8: 15 where I am. I point this out because the site seems to be eastern time.

Comment

It's after 1:00 and I'm doing okay, normally I would have done more by now. I hope it stays this well until my 2nd dose.

Comment

Made it to my 2nd dose without much difficulty. I know it can take a couple days to really know if I'm stable but I am encouraged so far.

Comment

I made it my first day! I'm alive and not dying! I feel uncomfortable but it's only an hour until my first dose of today.

Comment

Is anyone there?

Comment

Is anyone there?
                              Hi Josh sorry your not getting many responses...
                              Im a little late but welcome to the forum. I have not read threw your thread yet but I wanted to post something to you. If what I'm reading you are tapering and doing well get good and stable before dropping your dose .. Its not a race slow and steady. Do this once do it correctly... I've seen many people have success with Roberts sub taper if followed correctly... Your doing great keep up the good work... Keep posting we are all here to support you...

Comment

Working...
                              X