Stopped being dumb, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rezzen View Post
    I'm in a bit of a conundrum and I could use advice. I was taking 1mg daily with .5mg at 8am .25mg at 4pm and .25mg at 10pm for the last 5 days. Early yesterday going into the 5th day I felt some w/D's but was able to go to sleep and unfortunately missed my alarm and woke up an hour late at 9pm in pretty decent w/D's before I took the sub and finally felt better at 10am. I continued with my doses and was hoping that I could continue with my reductions in at least day 6 of 1mg but I see now at 6am that I am not stable. I have cold sweats and RLS and hella lot of yawning. Do I have to go back up a dose to 1.25mg? Should I just continue and see if it gets better? I will try but it is definitely worse than yesterday and I'm worried that it will keep getting worse because aren't the worst days day one and two after reduction? This is difficult, I look forward to some guidance.

I'm not a fan of dosing 3X/day but if it's working for you then it's all good? I wouldn't go back up in dose, as long as you keep your doses accurate cut and dose at the same exact times everyday then you will stabilize! Just be certain that you are completely stable before you do any reductions? Try to get down to dosing 2X/day as soon as possible because you are going to find it difficult to get accurate doses. Ideally you want your doses to be as equal as possible. I hope this info helps? Slow and steady wins the race! Take care... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Ricky71; 05-26-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky71 View Post

I'm not a fan of dosing 3X/day but if it's working for you then it's all good? I wouldn't go back up in dose, as long as you keep your doses accurate cut and dose at the same exact times everyday then you will stabilize! Just be certain that you are completely stable before you do any reductions? Try to get down to dosing 2X/day as soon as possible because you are going to find it difficult to get accurate doses. Ideally you want your doses to be as equal as possible. I hope this info helps? Slow and steady wins the race! Take care... God bless us all!

​​​​​​​How about an update my friend? Hopefully you have stabilized on your current dose of subs? Wishing you well... God bless us all!

Comment

Sorry I've been trying to keep occupied and I've slacked at keeping up on here. Today is my first day on .5mg daily. I still dose 3x daily though that is going to end here in a week. I take 2 doses of .125 morning and noon and .25 in the evening. I figure I want the biggest dose for night time so I can sleep. Which speaking of I've been sleeping! I have been falling asleep around 3-4am and sleeping till 12 sometimes 1 or 2 minus my alarm to wake me up to take the morning dose. Not gunna lie I haven't felt good today though. I am just hoping time will pass so I can take the next dose. But I'll get through. No rls, no problem lol. I'm coming up on that time fast. I'm gunna have my first skip day in a week in a half and I'm almost 4 weeks into this. It feels good that I've accomplished what I have, and on that note I can't imagine how it will feel to be clean. Buttttt I also can't imagine how it will feel to be clean here in the beginning. From what I've read even with a taper after I stop completely things are gunna suck for a while. Definitely gunna have some questions about the gabapentin here very soon... I have 4-6 days on .5 mg then .375 then .25( I know 33% reduction) then it's game time baby!

Comment

Day 2 on .5mg and I'm having a pretty rough day. I slept well so I can push through until my evening dose but the urge to take a .125 piece is strong. Thankfully the will to continue is stronger. I have light RLS( most hated symptom for me, it's not the first symptom I get but its the one letting me know I am definitely in withdrawal) and I'm sweating with some muscle aches as well. Part of me wants to just stop completely and get it over with but I know I'll just give up if it gets too strong. That's my hope with this taper. That things will be prolonged but bearable. Lol feel like I'm stating the obvious.

Comment

Day 6 on .5mg and I'm still struggling, for the first time I'm not sure I can make it. I hate this. Just took a gabapentin hopefully it'll turn things around.
            ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by rezzen View Post
              Day 6 on .5mg and I'm still struggling, for the first time I'm not sure I can make it. I hate this. Just took a gabapentin hopefully it'll turn things around.
              ​​​​

How are you feeling today? What dose/milligram are the gabapentin? The gabapentin will help but I wouldn't start that regimen until I was finished with the sub taper. If your sub doses are accurate and you are taking them at the same exact times everyday then you will eventually stabilize? Sometimes after a reduction it may only take 3-4 days to stabilize but sometimes it can take 7-10 days to stabilize? Has anything else changed like adding a new medication or coming off of one? Any recent switches in medication like going from name brand to generic or different manufacture? Update when you can? Hang in there, you'll get through this! God bless us all!

Comment

Hurting today as well but from another reduction. I stabilized on .5mg and I'm on day 2 of .375mg. the gabapentin is 800mg but I break it in half. My gf recently used them to get off xanex and I've taken a couple along the way when I felt things at their worst. I'm trying to leave it for the end like you've said. I think I may have started the taper above my ceiling and at these low doses I'm truly realizing what it's like to have such low percentages of receptors being occupied by sub. No other changes right now.

Comment

So day 1 of .25mg and it's going as expected. The last 2 weeks haven't been fun at all but at the same time compared to what I know this can be like it's a walk in the park. I'm uncomfortable and I keep getting that little voice in the back of my head that says not only can I stop it for a bit but I can feel pretty damn good but my will is still way stronger. Cravings are a new thing over the last week and a half. When I was on 2mg+ a day they were not a thing really unless I forgot to take my sub for a long period. I'm thinking I want to get this over with. I know this is the final stretch but I kinda just want to start my skip days now. I'm just coming off of .375mg( of course the first full night of sleep I got in two weeks I decide to reduce dose the next day) for 7 days. I think I can do this. I want to do this, and I have plenty of gabapentin lol. Also have melatonin that I've been taking for a few days I don't know if that contributed to last night or not because it certainly didn't seem to help the first couple. Should I start my skip days and if so should I take .25 or .375 on my days that I would take it?

Comment

Working...
                  X