Help with Sub treatment and effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Sub treatment and effects

Hey guys.. so It’s time to change our life, and I’m asking for some help and support. Me and my S/O relapsed a few times and I’m really determined to get clean.. for us.

I got some strips of suboxone and started yesterday night.
    Our first dose was .75, followed by a .5 for me and .25 for her since we both still felt like >>>> after 2 hours.
    So about 3 hours after our last dose, she had a fast heart rate and a panic attack.
    I felt ok, but my head feels a little foggy like my eyes are strained.

I’m wondering, has anybody had these side effects from subs like this? We feel much better but I don’t want this to happen again, and I don’t want to take it and risk these effects either... I rather go cold turkey.

Just need some advice. We’ve been battling this oxycodone addiction for 3 years, I’m on 60mg a day and she’s on give or take 40 a day, and we want off. I want off, and I want her to get better.

Originally posted by Changelife22 View Post
    Hey guys.. so It’s time to change our life, and I’m asking for some help and support. Me and my S/O relapsed a few times and I’m really determined to get clean.. for us.

I got some strips of suboxone and started yesterday night.
    Our first dose was .75, followed by a .5 for me and .25 for her since we both still felt like >>>> after 2 hours.
    So about 3 hours after our last dose, she had a fast heart rate and a panic attack.
    I felt ok, but my head feels a little foggy like my eyes are strained.

I’m wondering, has anybody had these side effects from subs like this? We feel much better but I don’t want this to happen again, and I don’t want to take it and risk these effects either... I rather go cold turkey.

Just need some advice. We’ve been battling this oxycodone addiction for 3 years, I’m on 60mg a day and she’s on give or take 40 a day, and we want off. I want off, and I want her to get better.

Welcome to the forum. Subs are a very strong partial agonist opiate and need to be taken correctly or they can cause way more harm than good! Having just a few strips is not going to cut it, subs are part of a replacement therapy/taper plan, more on that later? There are people here who can help you, including myself so once I see that you have checked back into the forum and updated your thread we'll get further into everything? In the meantime you can read the following thread - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...boxone-therapy

and check this out as well - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...rectly?t=67428

Take care... God bless us all!

Comment

Well, I think one of my post has been mark with spam for editing some typos.

We’ve decided to go cold turkey, so we’re at day 2 of our last dose but also I guess day one of our suboxone “tried” dose lol.

Figure I might as well just get this over with, hopefully the worse of it will be over by the end of week. It’s uncomfortable but actually not as bad right now Atleast.

Comment

Well, I think one of my post has been mark with spam for editing some typos.

We’ve decided to go cold turkey, so we’re at day 2 of our last dose but also I guess day one of our suboxone “tried” dose lol.

Figure I might as well just get this over with, hopefully the worse of it will be over by the end of week. It’s uncomfortable but actually not as bad right now Atleast.

Subs have a long half-life so it will take a little longer before your withdrawal symptoms peak. It's always best to use subs as a last resort after several failed attempts at quitting your DOC either by cold turkey and/or tapering methods?

What subs do, if used properly give you the necessary time away from your DOC in order to make the changes needed for long-term sobriety? What will be different this time so you don't relapse? Have you considered twelve step programs and/or drug addiction counseling? Nothing changes if nothing changes! Best of luck to you both. God bless us all!

Comment

I see, so me taking the initial dose of Suboxone would’ve actually have me withdrawing from suboxone rather than oxy , I would be going through long withdrawals rather than short ones?

We’ll we’re hoping to get a better understanding of this issue by understanding what it is doing and why do we always think we can “control” it. It’s obvious we can’t.

Replacing an addiction with another like a hobby. Honestly done with this. I’m on day 4 so far, feel like >>>> but never want to go through this feeling again just to get clean.

Comment

Well, I think I’m starting to feel better. Just a little tired and depressed, this is technically day 4 of a 60mg jump and a failed Suboxone attempt lol. No appetite and have really gotten a restful sleep.
            Trying to push myself to get off these things for good. I know there’s a good life after.

Hopefully I’ll get some restful sleep tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky71 View Post

Subs have a long half-life so it will take a little longer before your withdrawal symptoms peak. It's always best to use subs as a last resort after several failed attempts at quitting your DOC either by cold turkey and/or tapering methods?

What subs do, if used properly give you the necessary time away from your DOC in order to make the changes needed for long-term sobriety? What will be different this time so you don't relapse? Have you considered twelve step programs and/or drug addiction counseling? Nothing changes if nothing changes! Best of luck to you both. God bless us all!
              Hey ricky, just need a little advice. Since I took the 1.25 mg initial dose of Suboxone, will that cause issues with my cold turkey being longer? I use to taper a few times with Suboxone, but determined to stop.. just need some reassurance. I’m on day 5 so far, feeling better physically, just a dull headache and can’t really focus much. Depression and anxiety is in full effect.

Comment

Hey ricky, just need a little advice. Since I took the 1.25 mg initial dose of Suboxone, will that cause issues with my cold turkey being longer? I use to taper a few times with Suboxone, but determined to stop.. just need some reassurance. I’m on day 5 so far, feeling better physically, just a dull headache and can’t really focus much. Depression and anxiety is in full effect.

Using the subs could of prolonged the detox by a few days but it sounds like you are doing okay on day 5 since you took the sub. You didn't leave a time-line of your symptoms so I can't really know if you are through the worst of the physical withdrawals yet? You do sound like you are on the back end of the acute withdrawal phase? Sleep and energy are usually always the last things to return to normal? The depression and/or anxiety is completely normal and will most likely last several weeks to a couple of months? Best things that you can do right now is eat as healthy as possible, drink lots of water/gatorade and exercise whenever possible (to get those endorphins going). Avoid alcohol, caffeine and antihistamines! What are you planning for the future so you don't relapse again? Have you considered NA/AA and/or drug addiction counseling? You need tools that will help you stay clean? Remember, nothing changes if nothing changes! Best wishes... God bless us all!

PS
                "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"!

Comment

Using the subs could of prolonged the detox by a few days but it sounds like you are doing okay on day 5 since you took the sub. You didn't leave a time-line of your symptoms so I can't really know if you are through the worst of the physical withdrawals yet? You do sound like you are on the back end of the acute withdrawal phase? Sleep and energy are usually always the last things to return to normal? The depression and/or anxiety is completely normal and will most likely last several weeks to a couple of months? Best things that you can do right now is eat as healthy as possible, drink lots of water/gatorade and exercise whenever possible (to get those endorphins going). Avoid alcohol, caffeine and antihistamines! What are you planning for the future so you don't relapse again? Have you considered NA/AA and/or drug addiction counseling? You need tools that will help you stay clean? Remember, nothing changes if nothing changes! Best wishes... God bless us all!

PS
                  "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"!
                  Thanks for the reply Ricky.
                  Yes so far I am fine, I feel much better, just a fuzzy head, tired and some cramps. Didn’t get much sleep but had dreams of DOC which was crazy. I feel disgusted right now, I can’t believe how my brain is trying to trick me. Regardless I’m still beat, probably because I couldn’t eat much throughout the process or sleep, but yesterday I ate so much.. my hunger came back with vengeance. Things taste a little different now.

Only symptoms I have at the moment is anxiety, random depression swings, hard falling asleep and staying asleep, mild cramps that come randomly but hours apart and short in duration.
                  I just came back from a walk and feel like I’m out of breathe.. so tired. Noticing that waking up isn’t as hard as before.

Honestly, I never thought I’d be here. I use to control “this” pretty good at the beginning.. very responsible.
                  Im not sure how it happened but eventually it became a habit. I quit, came back on thinking I can make it a weekend thing. Wrong. Quit. Tried again, wrong. Now I realize I can’t control this, this isn’t me. I can’t let it ruin my life. I went the hard route because I’ve always cheated with Suboxone or taper to get off and be clean for a few months. I need to experience cold turkey so I can understand why I can’t go back now that I understand I can’t control it. Seems like everytime I go back, it’s harder.. I feel like I’m doing more damage by quiting and starting back up. Now I’m a paranoid person noticing the bad effects this has on me, it doesn’t feel “good” anymore, just feels bad. I do believe I can stay clean this time, it was a learning process. I have a bright future and can’t believe how bad it became but I have a chance to fix it still and I’m determined about it.

I’m no rookie to staying clean but it was never my intention, I was taking a “break”, dumb for thinking that I can control it. So you’re absolutely right, 1 is too much, 1000 is never enough. I completely get that lol.
                  Last edited by Changelife22; 05-27-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Some burst of mild energy and my sex drive is also through the roof .. sheesh.. this thing really does suppress your libido. Looks like my body is doing a decent job on trying to regulate itself.

Comment

Day 7 and feel pretty bad.. I thought it was going to be over soon. Body feels tired, anxiety and depression is going full force. Not a productive day at all. I believe I had about 4-6 hours of sleep.

I guess we will see how the next few days play out. Fighting my mind, pushing myself. I’ll get through it.

Comment

Day 7 and feel pretty bad.. I thought it was going to be over soon. Body feels tired, anxiety and depression is going full force. Not a productive day at all. I believe I had about 4-6 hours of sleep.

I guess we will see how the next few days play out. Fighting my mind, pushing myself. I’ll get through it.

How have you been feeling today? Update when you can? God bless us all!

Comment

How have you been feeling today? Update when you can? God bless us all!
                          Hey Rickey!

Today would be day 8 I assume or day 9.
                          Not sure if I should count the sub or oxy, but I’ve been slowly getting more sleep. It’s not good sleep but it’s sleep none the less. Maybe about 4-6 hours but mostly tossing and turning.

little bouts of anxiety/restlessness and depression. Been feeling down most of the day, but I mostly blame that on the destruction and problems these things left behind and how now I must face them. Still waking up with very slight body pain, probably just not from sleeping right.
                          The anxiety always comes before a craving, I notice that. Still haven’t touched it, fighting through. Hopefully day 14 I’ll be much better mentally.

I’m have more mental clarity though, and that’s always good considering.

Comment

Day 10. Still battling some depression , with some cramps and the runs.
                            Had a severe migraine attack today, it was accompanied with aura. Which i never had. I’ve been noticing headaches while on this thing towards the end of my road with it.
                            I drank some coffee and took Tylenol, got better.
                            I’m pretty sure this is because of abusive use has taken its toll. Then again, I’m a heavy coffee drinker and havnt thought about drinking coffee because of the WD and anxiety.
                            I did get some barbs for it, but afraid to take it. Regardless, feel better.. the aura was something new though so I’ll just keep it here in case. Making sure I’m responsible and start to use medicine for what it’s for, a tool.

Couldve been multiple triggers, can’t pin point it, Id be the first to admit, I’m not much of a healthy eater, plus the lack of sleep can probably attribute to it.
                            Just motivates me even more to stay away from this >>>>.
                            Last edited by Changelife22; 05-31-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Day 10. Still battling some depression , with some cramps and the runs.
                              Had a severe migraine attack today, it was accompanied with aura. Which i never had. I’ve been noticing headaches while on this thing towards the end of my road with it.
                              I drank some coffee and took Tylenol, got better.
                              I’m pretty sure this is because of abusive use has taken its toll. Then again, I’m a heavy coffee drinker and havnt thought about drinking coffee because of the WD and anxiety.
                              I did get some barbs for it, but afraid to take it. Regardless, feel better.. the aura was something new though so I’ll just keep it here in case. Making sure I’m responsible and start to use medicine for what it’s for, a tool.

Couldve been multiple triggers, can’t pin point it, Id be the first to admit, I’m not much of a healthy eater, plus the lack of sleep can probably attribute to it.
                              Just motivates me even more to stay away from this >>>>.

Aura? Barbs? Elaborate more please? As far as the bathroom issues are concerned use immodium as directed, the liquid immodium is best. It's always a good idea to avoid all stimulants (coffee, energy drinks etc..) during the first few months of opiate detox and recovery.

Depression and/or anxiety is completely normal after quitting opiates! It could last several months, it will get better as more clean time passes!

Eating healthy, staying well hydrated and exercising will certainly speed up the recovery process! You might want to try taking an amino acid called DLPA?
                              Amino acids should be taken on a empty stomach for best results/absorption. Take it consistently everyday for at least one month to evaluate its effectiveness? Keep on keepin on, you got this! Keep updating! God bless us all!

PS
                              Always remember - "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"!
                              Last edited by ddcmod; 06-15-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X