Withdrawal advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawal advice

I have been on subs for 10 years plus now. I never during those 10 years have ever taken more than .5 mg a day. I recently cut down to .125 mg a day or less for 7 straight days. I than quit , the first 3 days definitely were the worse. So I thought , I am now on day 8 and after a week with little to no sleep , it being 90 degrees outside and having to wear a sweat shirt is getting old.. All I can think about is taking a small piece to feel normal again. As after reading other posts on this site seems this could last for another week. I just figured since it seemed I was taking a much smaller dose than most my WD would hopefully not be this long or this uncomfortable. I was taking 5-8 blue Roxys a day prior to the subs and really do not remember the WD being this annoying.. any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Can you do anything to decrease these feelings?

Originally posted by Dosing4years View Post
    I have been on subs for 10 years plus now. I never during those 10 years have ever taken more than .5 mg a day. I recently cut down to .125 mg a day or less for 7 straight days. I than quit , the first 3 days definitely were the worse. So I thought , I am now on day 8 and after a week with little to no sleep , it being 90 degrees outside and having to wear a sweat shirt is getting old.. All I can think about is taking a small piece to feel normal again. As after reading other posts on this site seems this could last for another week. I just figured since it seemed I was taking a much smaller dose than most my WD would hopefully not be this long or this uncomfortable. I was taking 5-8 blue Roxys a day prior to the subs and really do not remember the WD being this annoying.. any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Can you do anything to decrease these feelings?

Welcome to the forum. The reason your detox is going to drag out for so long is because you were on subs for 10+ years! Luckily you kept your dose very low at just .50mg/day! If you were taking high doses of subs for those 10+ years then your detox would be 100x worse!

Buprenorphine (the active ingredient in suboxone) is a very strong partial agonist opiate, it is roughly 30x stronger than morphine! It has a very long half-life up to 72 hours! Right now your brain is totally rewired from all those years on a very strong opiate! It can easily take several months or longer before your brain chemistry repairs itself?

There are two things that you can do? You can stay off the subs and let time do its thing or get back on the subs and continue to taper even lower? I know some people would frown upon getting back on the subs after being off of them for a week now but the bottom line is that you are not sleeping and you are very uncomfortable! There's no telling when this will get better! You've only been off the subs for eight days after being on them for 10+ years straight so getting back on the subs now is not that bad of an idea all things considered! I'm assuming you have the suboxone films? You could literally taper all the way down to .03mg/day or less? I would start back on .125mg/day and spend roughly 7-14 days on each dose before making the next reduction (making sure that you are completely stable on each dose before making the next reduction)? I would do .125mg then .09mg/day then .06mg/day then .03mg and then finally the "skip day process" as outlined in Robert's sub therapy/taper plan. What are your thoughts? Update when you can? God bless us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky71 View Post

Welcome to the forum. The reason your detox is going to drag out for so long is because you were on subs for 10+ years! Luckily you kept your dose very low at just .50mg/day! If you were taking high doses of subs for those 10+ years then your detox would be 100x worse!

Buprenorphine (the active ingredient in suboxone) is a very strong partial agonist opiate, it is roughly 30x stronger than morphine! It has a very long half-life up to 72 hours! Right now your brain is totally rewired from all those years on a very strong opiate! It can easily take several months or longer before your brain chemistry repairs itself?

There are two things that you can do? You can stay off the subs and let time do its thing or get back on the subs and continue to taper even lower? I know some people would frown upon getting back on the subs after being off of them for a week now but the bottom line is that you are not sleeping and you are very uncomfortable! There's no telling when this will get better! You've only been off the subs for eight days after being on them for 10+ years straight so getting back on the subs now is not that bad of an idea all things considered! I'm assuming you have the suboxone films? You could literally taper all the way down to .03mg/day or less? I would start back on .125mg/day and spend roughly 7-14 days on each dose before making the next reduction (making sure that you are completely stable on each dose before making the next reduction)? I would do .125mg then .09mg/day then .06mg/day then .03mg and then finally the "skip day process" as outlined in Robert's sub therapy/taper plan. What are your thoughts? Update when you can? God bless us all!
      Thanks for the reply , yes I have always been on the film. I did not even know you could get them any other way. As bad as I just wanted to take a piece to feel better I was able to resist the temptation. I just feel like throwing the first week of this away to only have to go thru it again possibly would be stupid. I did go to the store and pickup some Kratom capsules that did help ALOT. Love to hear any input on taking this as it curved the WD so I much I am scared it may have its own side effects..

Comment

Thanks for the reply , yes I have always been on the film. I did not even know you could get them any other way. As bad as I just wanted to take a piece to feel better I was able to resist the temptation. I just feel like throwing the first week of this away to only have to go thru it again possibly would be stupid. I did go to the store and pickup some Kratom capsules that did help ALOT. Love to hear any input on taking this as it curved the WD so I much I am scared it may have its own side effects..

What made you decide to take kratom? You should do yourself a huge favor and thoroughly research anything that you are thinking about putting into your body? The reason you felt relief is because kratom binds to the same receptors as opiates!

Kratom is a highly ADDICTIVE and unregulated substance! You are basically trading one addiction for another by using kratom! Kratom withdrawals are just as bad as opiate withdrawals!

Read the following thread about kratom - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...tom-withdrawal

Particularly check out the 2nd to last post on page four of the thread from member "Ivedoneitbefore"?

There are no magic pills or potions that are going to get rid of the withdrawals! With subs it's always best to taper low and slow! For education you can read the following thread about Robert's sub therapy/taper plan here - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...boxone-therapy

And here's a link to HarrySmooth's suboxone film cutting video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

I hope this helps? God bless us all!

PS
        Stay away from the Kratom!

Comment

What made you decide to take kratom? You should do yourself a huge favor and thoroughly research anything that you are thinking about putting into your body? The reason you felt relief is because kratom binds to the same receptors as opiates!

Kratom is a highly ADDICTIVE and unregulated substance! You are basically trading one addiction for another by using kratom! Kratom withdrawals are just as bad as opiate withdrawals!

Read the following thread about kratom - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...tom-withdrawal

Particularly check out the 2nd to last post on page four of the thread from member "Ivedoneitbefore"?

There are no magic pills or potions that are going to get rid of the withdrawals! With subs it's always best to taper low and slow! For education you can read the following thread about Robert's sub therapy/taper plan here - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...boxone-therapy

And here's a link to HarrySmooth's suboxone film cutting video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

I hope this helps? God bless us all!

PS
          Stay away from the Kratom!
          Thank you very much for your help and all the info. I read up, my question is what would be worse to start taking subs again and cut down slowly over weeks as everything suggests or could you do the same thing with the kratom? I did not go to the doc this month as I wanted to quit and Kratom is MUCH cheaper. Thanks for your consideration!

Comment

Thank you very much for your help and all the info. I read up, my question is what would be worse to start taking subs again and cut down slowly over weeks as everything suggests or could you do the same thing with the kratom? I did not go to the doc this month as I wanted to quit and Kratom is MUCH cheaper. Thanks for your consideration!

I personally cannot give you the thumbs up on using kratom to get through the sub withdrawal. Like I said before, kratom is unregulated therefore you really don't know what you are ingesting? And again, you would be just trading one addiction for another! Read the following - ​​https://www.sprouthealthgroup.com/su...egal-by-state/

For me it's just not worth the risk! What's your relationship with your doctor? There are a couple of prescription drugs that are often used "off label" to help ease opiate withdrawal symptoms. The two medications that I'm referring to are called clonidine and gabapentin, you need a prescription for both of those meds! A buddy of mine successfully used gabapentin when he quit subs a few months ago, it helped him tremendously! What do you think? Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!

Comment

I personally cannot give you the thumbs up on using kratom to get through the sub withdrawal. Like I said before, kratom is unregulated therefore you really don't know what you are ingesting? And again, you would be just trading one addiction for another! Read the following - ​​https://www.sprouthealthgroup.com/su...egal-by-state/

For me it's just not worth the risk! What's your relationship with your doctor? There are a couple of prescription drugs that are often used "off label" to help ease opiate withdrawal symptoms. The two medications that I'm referring to are called clonidine and gabapentin, you need a prescription for both of those meds! A buddy of mine successfully used gabapentin when he quit subs a few months ago, it helped him tremendously! What do you think? Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!
              I did actually try clonidine it did not help me at all with WD. Made me very drowsy. I am working while while dealing with all this , drowsy is not a good option for me. I am going to try and get gabapentin in the next couple days. Thanks again for the help. I will update in the next day or so !
              Last edited by Dosing4years; 05-31-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I got a couple gabapentin, just took one. will update how it works for me. Ending day 9 has been pretty miserable so far. Nothing helped the WD during the day, just had to deal with it. Hoping for the best!

Comment

Day 17. Think I am through the worst.. gabapentin works great. Taking one in the morning everyday. Still only sleeping 5-6 hours a night. Definitely feeling somewhat normal. Wonder what to expect from here? Any advice?

Comment

Day 17. Think I am through the worst.. gabapentin works great. Taking one in the morning everyday. Still only sleeping 5-6 hours a night. Definitely feeling somewhat normal. Wonder what to expect from here? Any advice?

How's everything going? Update when you can? God bless us all!

Comment

Working...
                    X