Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Started Suboxone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just Started Suboxone

    Hello,

    I just inducted Subutex in pill form (I didn't care for the sheets) and am feeling funny. It definitely stopped the physical stuff such as sweating, stomach pain, etc, but it has made me very anxiety-ridden almost in a panic. Has anyone else had this effect when they've started this? I hope it's only temporary.

    I am excited to start this on a very short term, but I can't go on being a nervous wreck like this for the entire duration. If anyone has been through this and has suggestions on things to help with this side effect please let me know. Thank you!

  • #2
    Originally posted by BobbyKnocks View Post
    Hello,

    I just inducted Subutex in pill form (I didn't care for the sheets) and am feeling funny. It definitely stopped the physical stuff such as sweating, stomach pain, etc, but it has made me very anxiety-ridden almost in a panic. Has anyone else had this effect when they've started this? I hope it's only temporary.

    I am excited to start this on a very short term, but I can't go on being a nervous wreck like this for the entire duration. If anyone has been through this and has suggestions on things to help with this side effect please let me know. Thank you!

    Actually the suboxone films will be much better for tapering. What the details of your sub induction? What were you using before the subs, how long before you started the sub induction and how much sub did you actually end up taking before you stabilized? It's common to not feel too great after sub induction. There are many things that could of been done incorrectly including not waiting long enough to start the subs, taking too much sub, not taking enough, etc.....?

    Did you follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan? Here's a direct link - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...boxone-therapy

    It may take a few days to adjust to the sub and to find the lowest effective dose that works for you? Keep in mind that most people are completely stable on just 2 - 4mg of sub per day! Read Robert's thread and then come back here with an update? Take care... God bless us all!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ricky71 View Post


      Actually the suboxone films will be much better for tapering. What the details of your sub induction? What were you using before the subs, how long before you started the sub induction and how much sub did you actually end up taking before you stabilized? It's common to not feel too great after sub induction. There are many things that could of been done incorrectly including not waiting long enough to start the subs, taking too much sub, not taking enough, etc.....?

      Did you follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan? Here's a direct link - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...boxone-therapy

      It may take a few days to adjust to the sub and to find the lowest effective dose that works for you? Keep in mind that most people are completely stable on just 2 - 4mg of sub per day! Read Robert's thread and then come back here with an update? Take care... God bless us all!

      Yes, I know they would be better but I'm hoping to only take these a few days. I was on about 90 mg of oxycodone for a few weeks, not all that long. I probably did take the Subutex pill too soon -- it was only about 16 hours after my last pill, but I thought since I had not been taking them long I could probably get away with not waiting 24 hours. It did stop the sweating immediately, but the anxiety was crazy -- I felt like I was having a panic attack. It's subsided but my stomach feels about like it would after ingesting 12 cups of coffee. I was surprised to have a reaction like that, much more expected to have low energy than too much. It's almost like it fixed the physical stuff but jacked up my CNS like crazy.

      Thanks for the info. I still don't feel great but not quite as panicky as I was this morning after taking it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BobbyKnocks View Post


        Yes, I know they would be better but I'm hoping to only take these a few days. I was on about 90 mg of oxycodone for a few weeks, not all that long. I probably did take the Subutex pill too soon -- it was only about 16 hours after my last pill, but I thought since I had not been taking them long I could probably get away with not waiting 24 hours. It did stop the sweating immediately, but the anxiety was crazy -- I felt like I was having a panic attack. It's subsided but my stomach feels about like it would after ingesting 12 cups of coffee. I was surprised to have a reaction like that, much more expected to have low energy than too much. It's almost like it fixed the physical stuff but jacked up my CNS like crazy.

        Thanks for the info. I still don't feel great but not quite as panicky as I was this morning after taking it.

        You were only taking oxy for two weeks and you're using subs to get off the oxy? If this is correct then using subs in this instance/manner is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly! Please clarify this information?

        Subs need to be used correctly or they can cause way more harm than good! Subs are a very strong partial agonist opiate, it's roughly 30x stronger than morphine! Subs should only be used as a last resort option and only after multiple failed attempts at quitting your drug of choice either by cold turkey and/or tapering methods? Suboxone therapy is a minimum of six weeks, rapid sub tapers very seldom work and the relapse rate is very high! Update when you can? God bless us all!

        Comment

        Working...
        X