starting subs, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting subs, need help

hello everyone, i am a long time watcher and first time poster on many forums like this one. ive been on opiates for about 7 years now and progressed, as one does, from hydros to the terrible street drug we all know and have been in treatment and sober several times. basically heres my dilemma, i am currently living in my parents house due to my last roommate, who was also using, stealing from me which resulted in a physical altercation and because he lost and his parents owned the house i was kicked out. now my parents think i have been on zubsolv for a few months because i have been faking my drug screens and appointments w my doc due to the fact that i have never been successfully induced on subs and actually have a sort of fear towards them. this results in me always going back to my D.O.C. a few hours after taking my first dose of sub because i still feel terrible and it always makes me feel 100x better. so, that being said i cant tell my mom that im going to actually stop using and go on the zub because she thinks im already on it and if i come out she is 100% going to kick me out as well and i have nowhere else to go. so i decided to do my last dose this morning around 8am. i plan to take the zubsolv (5.7mg tablet) either this evening if i feel bad enough or more likely tomorrow morning because i have been doing so much lately that i doubt i will be sick enough to take it tonight. so basically lately i have been doing anywhere from .75g-1g/day of the white stuff, not the brown and so im scared my tolerance may be too high for the sub to make me feel better at all. i have tried to use the cows sheet, but how can i judge myself? ive always had a problem with minimizing some symptoms and exaggerating others on the ratings scale imo. anyway, i need some support and knowledge about what i should expect and about how bad it is going to or should be. thanks in advance, - tootall

also, to add, i have no way to get anything to help such as any benzos, gabapentin, seroquel, clonidine, nothing. not even weed. so i know this isnt going to be very fun at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tootall View Post
      hello everyone, i am a long time watcher and first time poster on many forums like this one. ive been on opiates for about 7 years now and progressed, as one does, from hydros to the terrible street drug we all know and have been in treatment and sober several times. basically heres my dilemma, i am currently living in my parents house due to my last roommate, who was also using, stealing from me which resulted in a physical altercation and because he lost and his parents owned the house i was kicked out. now my parents think i have been on zubsolv for a few months because i have been faking my drug screens and appointments w my doc due to the fact that i have never been successfully induced on subs and actually have a sort of fear towards them. this results in me always going back to my D.O.C. a few hours after taking my first dose of sub because i still feel terrible and it always makes me feel 100x better. so, that being said i cant tell my mom that im going to actually stop using and go on the zub because she thinks im already on it and if i come out she is 100% going to kick me out as well and i have nowhere else to go. so i decided to do my last dose this morning around 8am. i plan to take the zubsolv (5.7mg tablet) either this evening if i feel bad enough or more likely tomorrow morning because i have been doing so much lately that i doubt i will be sick enough to take it tonight. so basically lately i have been doing anywhere from .75g-1g/day of the white stuff, not the brown and so im scared my tolerance may be too high for the sub to make me feel better at all. i have tried to use the cows sheet, but how can i judge myself? ive always had a problem with minimizing some symptoms and exaggerating others on the ratings scale imo. anyway, i need some support and knowledge about what i should expect and about how bad it is going to or should be. thanks in advance, - tootall

Have you read Robert325's sub therapy/taper plan? Here's a direct link to Robert's plan - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...boxone-therapy

And since you are taking zub instead of sub you'll need to convert the dose? A 5.7mg zub is equivalent to a 8mg sub. Here's a thread that you will find very helpful - https://www.drug-talk.com/forum/gene...d-beyond-ready

The induction onto subs/zubs is the most important/crucial part! Since you're getting junk off the street you have no idea what you are really getting? Some cutting agents have very long half-life's therefore it's very difficult to know when it's safe to start the sub induction? That's why the COWS worksheet is very important! Follow the induction exactly how it is outlined in Robert's plan! You will take small dose every 90 minutes until you are stable? It's best to have all your doses made up ahead of time and once you are ready to start the induction write down the initial converted dose (1mg sub) and time on paper and then take .50mg sub doses every 90 minutes until you are stable? You should only end up using maybe quarter to half (2-4mg sub) of the zub to stabilize?

Read those links I provided and then update with any questions, thoughts and/or concerns? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

Comment

Working...
      X