need help cutting 8mg subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help cutting 8mg subs

Help!!! I had only been taking oxycodone 30mg for the last 3 months at about 200mg a day, but I tried to quick taper with subs. I started 7 days ago at 2-8mg the first day, 1.5 sub the 2nd day, then down to 1 sub, then 3/4 of the sub down to half then now to a quarter for 4 days I think and man the withdrawals were insane today. I tried not taking anything and jumping but that didn’t work because I didn’t read Roberts taper schedule til today. So what should I do now? And how do I cut a 8mg suboxone pill into small .50 and lower parts? It seems to just break into dust at smaller than a quarter of one. I can’t find any 2mg ones or even the strips... I’ve looked. I have 10 subs left but I was trying to do this fast since I was only on meds for 3 months this time. Please can someone tell me what to do now? The withdrawals are pretty intense. I’ve been using ketamine nasal spray at night and weed to get rid of wds. Then lunesta and restoril occasionally to sleep alternating but using the restoril rarely because of addiction issues with that one. I have somewhat low bp so I’m scared to take the clonidine I have. Please help! I’m dying. I broke down and took tiny crumbs 3xs today probably equivalent to a quarter of a 8mg so that’s 2mg? How in the world do I make these smaller? And what dose should I do? I haven’t been taking them twice a day either.

It’s so bad it made me start my period while taking birth control. I had just cold turkey quit last August after 2.5 years on the oxy for my pain conditions. It was tough so I decided to do an easier route this time but it’s just prolonging the withdrawals it feels like... I guess because I tapered with subs wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Msladymessedup View Post
      Help!!! I had only been taking oxycodone 30mg for the last 3 months at about 200mg a day, but I tried to quick taper with subs. I started 7 days ago at 2-8mg the first day, 1.5 sub the 2nd day, then down to 1 sub, then 3/4 of the sub down to half then now to a quarter for 4 days I think and man the withdrawals were insane today. I tried not taking anything and jumping but that didn’t work because I didn’t read Roberts taper schedule til today. So what should I do now? And how do I cut a 8mg suboxone pill into small .50 and lower parts? It seems to just break into dust at smaller than a quarter of one. I can’t find any 2mg ones or even the strips... I’ve looked. I have 10 subs left but I was trying to do this fast since I was only on meds for 3 months this time. Please can someone tell me what to do now? The withdrawals are pretty intense. I’ve been using ketamine nasal spray at night and weed to get rid of wds. Then lunesta and restoril occasionally to sleep alternating but using the restoril rarely because of addiction issues with that one. I have somewhat low bp so I’m scared to take the clonidine I have. Please help! I’m dying. I broke down and took tiny crumbs 3xs today probably equivalent to a quarter of a 8mg so that’s 2mg? How in the world do I make these smaller? And what dose should I do? I haven’t been taking them twice a day either.

I can help you get on the right track with the subs but before I get into everything with you which will be very lengthy I have to make sure that you are coming back to the forum? Just leave an update so I know you are still checking your forum? Once I see your update I'll leave you a proper reply? I'll check back this afternoon? God bless us all!

Comment

Of course! I need help bad. I have had a rocky detox so far. I felt good the first couple of days but I guess I tapered too fast and only at 1 a day. So yesterday I took the 3 tiny pieces and today I took just under a quarter and have some stomach distress but ok so far.

Comment

Of course! I need help bad. I have had a rocky detox so far. I felt good the first couple of days but I guess I tapered too fast and only at 1 a day. So yesterday I took the 3 tiny pieces and today I took just under a quarter and have some stomach distress but ok so far.

If subs aren't used correctly they can cause way more harm than good! Buprenorphine which is the active ingredient in suboxone is a very strong partial agonist opiate, it's roughly 30x stronger than morphine!

Obviously you went into this not knowing much about subs, the most important part of suboxone therapy is the induction! You have three choices? Stop the sub altogether and cold turkey detox, stop the subs for a couple of days and then do the induction properly as outlined in Robert's sub therapy/taper plan or stabilize on 2mg/day? In order to get accurate doses using a sub tablet you must first cut the tab in quarters. Then take one quarter (2mg) and crush into fine powder. Next is to make even piles? Four even piles = .50mg each pile! Scoop pile on business card or similar then dump under your tongue. If I were you I would dose 2mg/day until I was stable then follow Robert's schedule the rest of the taper. Dose twice a day 8-10 hours apart. Dose at the same exact times everyday! For example: 1mg at 10am and 1mg at 7pm (9 hours apart).

It may take a few days to stabilize? Once you are stable (no withdrawal symptoms) then you can make your first 25% reduction? Never make any reductions unless you are completely stable on your current dose! Fast sub tapers do not work! Slow and steady to minimize detox symptoms! You'll probably need to get some more subs to complete the therapy which lasts roughly 6-8 weeks? Let me know if you have any other questions and/or concerns? I'll be back later tonight to check on you? Take care... God bless us all!

PS
          Subs generally should only be used as a last resort option for people who cannot quit opiates on their own and only after several failed attempts trying? Sub therapy gives people the necessary time away from their drug of choice in order to make the changes needed for long-term recovery! What are you planning on doing so that you don't relapse again? AA/NA meetings, one on one counseling, etc... are often necessary to remain clean!

Comment

Wow you’re amazing thank you! I didn’t even think to do that! I did take a quarter this am so I don’t need to take anything else tonight? Or soon? Will dropping to 1mg twice a day make me sick? I’m kind of stabilized now just I get withdrawals by night time and through the night. I’ve been using my ketamine to help with that. And green. But I personally don’t like either one. I’m just trying to make it through this and be done. And yes I believe I’ll start NA after this is over to keep myself clean. I did the cold turkey back last September and it was too intense my mom has to take my kid. I can’t do that this time because no one knows I slipped up and took anything again. My fiancé has noticed me not feeling good for the last 2 weeks and is getting suspicious. I have to do this right with the least withdrawals if I can. So when I get down to .5 and .25 how do I do that?? You are an angel thank you so much for responding. I’m doing Neurofeedback already trying to get my brain back to normal wavelengths. My dr says that I have almost no delta and alpha waves which help you sleep. I’m sure that’s the withdrawals.

Comment

Oh wait 4 piles equal .5. So how many piles for .25? That is where I should jump for easiest withdrawals? Should I do the skip a day take .25 then 2 days etc when I stop? Or just jump?

Comment

Oh I guess I could half a line to make .25 huh? I’m terrible at math.

Comment

Ricky71, ok so I feel better how do I know I’m stabilized? I still feel a bit off but I guess it’s the subs. So when do I start the taper again? Today I took a 1mg and will take the other 1 mg in 9 hours. Should I do that for a few days? Or try to taper?

Comment

Ricky71, ok so I feel better how do I know I’m stabilized? I still feel a bit off but I guess it’s the subs. So when do I start the taper again? Today I took a 1mg and will take the other 1 mg in 9 hours. Should I do that for a few days? Or try to taper?

I'm super short on time but I wanted to leave you a quick reply? Make sure that you are as accurate as possible with your sub doses, make sure that you take your sub doses at the same exact times everyday 8-10 hours apart and most importantly, do not make a reduction until you are completely stable on your current dose! You need to spend at least four days on each dose, that's a minimum! Generally you'll be making 25% reductions every 4-7 days on average? Never make a reduction bigger than 25%! If you follow Robert's sub therapy/taper plan you will have the most comfortable experience possible! Once you get down to 1mg/day you'll switch to dosing just once per day for the rest of the taper. The lower you taper the softer the landing will be when you make that final jump! I would personally taper all the way down to .125mg before performing the "skip day process" and then jumping! Remember, this is not a race! Slow and steady! If you do this right then you'll never have to do this again! Study Robert's plan some more?

I'll check back with you this evening if all goes well? You got this! God bless us all!

Comment

How would I get it down to that low? .125? Ok I’ll keep reading it. Lol I’ve read it 5xs but I guess I just like to be sure I’m understanding

Comment

How would I get it down to that low? .125? Ok I’ll keep reading it. Lol I’ve read it 5xs but I guess I just like to be sure I’m understanding

I have found that Robert's plan can be a little difficult to understand so I always recommend reading it several times so it's second nature?

Believe it or not but you can get down to .125mg with the tablets! The films are much easier and more accurate to taper but I've used both and with practice it isn't too difficult. So once you have a .50mg pile of sub powder you can split that into two equal piles for .25mg each then split a .25mg for two .125mg piles. You can use a strong pair of reading glasses and a razor blade to split the small piles? It's not going to be 100% accurate but it will be close enough!

How are you feeling on 2mg/day so far? Remember to take your doses at the same exact times everyday! Most likely you'll be ready to make your first 25% reduction in 4-7 days? That will bring you down to 1.5mg/day split equally, .75mg twice a day at the same exact dosing times! Another 4-7 days then rinse and repeat! Keep updating? Even though I'm the only one replying there are other's who are reading! You're going to be just fine as long as you don't rush the taper! Update when you have time? Take care... God bless us all!

Comment

I’m feeling good on 2mg just a bit of weird feelings the last 2 days because I changed it from 2mg at the am to 1mg and 1mg. Ok so I only need to go down to 1.5 mg the next few days, then what? 1.25 next? So do I do that as 1mg and the .25 later? Or same amount? Which would make them what each?

Comment

.75 twice a day? Ok so what’s that? 1 pile and 3/4 of a pile put together and split that?

Comment

.75 twice a day? Ok so what’s that? 1 pile and 3/4 of a pile put together and split that?
                              So sorry for the late reply. I hope you have been doing well? I'vehad aa lot going on but I'll try to check in more often?

If you take a .50mg pile and split that in half you'll get two .25mg piles. So to get a .75mg dose you will combine a .50mg pile with a .25mg pile. When you have piles left over or if you make doses ahead of time you store them in pieces of foil. Fold the foil in a square and write the dose size on the foil w/ a black sharpie? You don't want to take the wrong dose it's very easy to do if you are not careful!

So how's everything been going? Update when you can? Take care... God bless us all!
                              ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X