Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean222 View Post
    Dun,

Robert always tell me to stick to my thread because everyone is different. help me here on this person's last response????

It would make anyone tapering off subs nervous and i am under 1mg. I just friended you so i could write to you. U have gotten sober and i need your input!
    Bean I think you are doing great! Don't be nervous and remeber everyone is entitled to have an opinion. We are all different so one person's experience will never mirror another person's experience. I don't think you have anything to worry about! I have 38 days under my belt now and I sleep through the night, I don't have any depression (but I'm also on Lexapro and have been for years) and I just take it one day at a time. I still have a few lingering things going on like sweating (not profusly) and my skin tingles in some places, but other than that I'm quite ok. I have a feeling you will be too ;-) Don't let other people scare you into doing something rash. Take your time and listen to your body and you will do great! I promise it is soooo worth it! Keep up the good work and stay focused on you! God Bless!

Comment

Dun,

thank you! I just needed to hear that! I do feel bad for that person but it scared me a bit, as it would anyone. Thank you for your support and encouragement along the way. I am doing pretty well considering. I have min. discomfort but i know i am going to be ok. Thanks so much for the quick reply back!

God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by jaypbarb666 View Post
        Well I guess I didn't have to say "bs horror stories" but I think a lot of people are highly exaggerating how bad their experience is while they are going through it and/or make things worse by thinking it will be worse. Just think of all the studies out there that have been done where a person was given placebo and yet it "worked" just cause the person believed it would - or the opposite which is when there were given an actual drug and it didn't work because they didn't believe it would. I really think a lot of people don't understand the power of the mind. Another thing I should point out is a lot of these people who say they hate suboxone are absolutely insane talking about how they take in 12 hours before and/or after doses of illegal narcotics to stay high. Well if you are doing that you deserve an unpleasant time.

I know the people on this forum aren't doing that because this forum is for getting and staying clean and not how to get high. But still, a lot of the stories out there about 4 month long withdrawals (which I will say actually is b.s.) and the like shouldn't be believed because it probably means the person didn't use subs properly. If you taper very slowly and stay positive and do everything right when you stop to stay healthy and happy then you should have minimal discomfort, and that minimal discomfort in nothing compared to what most of us have experienced at some point.
        Thank you for the postitive response to my story. I will say I respectfully have to disagree with you though. I don't think that someone who claims they feel wd symptoms for 4 months is bs. We are all so different. A lot of things pertaining to the human body and psyche are very personal and individualized such as pain that you can't base them on what should be felt, but rather what the individual states that they are. Not only that but an individuals overall health is a major factor as well. Someone who sufferes depression or has underlying (diagnosed or undiagnosed) health issues is predisposed to exacerbasion of those issues and prolonged symptoms after wd. So while I am happy that I got through it relatively "easy" if you will and it seems as though you have as well I don't think it's fair to call someone else's prolonged suffering bs. Just my opinion. Again thank you for the repsonse. Good luck and God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean222 View Post
          Dun,

thank you! I just needed to hear that! I do feel bad for that person but it scared me a bit, as it would anyone. Thank you for your support and encouragement along the way. I am doing pretty well considering. I have min. discomfort but i know i am going to be ok. Thanks so much for the quick reply back!

God Bless
          Anytime Bean,

Just remember to take what you read for what it is. It's a story. Try not to let things like this guide you or steer you in a direction that will not be beneficial to your well being. The only guides you need is God and your body. Listen to those two things and you will do just fine! Keep it up! Your doing awesome! Let me know if you need anything I am happy to help!

Comment

Dun,

You ROCK and i thank you so much for that and the best thing for em to do is listen to my body and to trust in God. I know he will see me through. Thank you for the kindness and the friendship! have a great day! You really inspire me and i love reading your stuff that is why it frustarted me but i understand everyone has "their story". Tlk soon

G

Comment

Originally posted by Dunwithitall View Post
              Anytime Bean,

Just remember to take what you read for what it is. It's a story. Try not to let things like this guide you or steer you in a direction that will not be beneficial to your well being. The only guides you need is God and your body. Listen to those two things and you will do just fine! Keep it up! Your doing awesome! Let me know if you need anything I am happy to help!
              With YOU all the way Dun! God Bless....Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Denny_D View Post
                With YOU all the way Dun! God Bless....Denny
                Thank you Denny, and you as well! How long have you been clean now? Hope you are feeling better and healing well! God Bless.

Comment

Thank you Denny, and you as well! How long have you been clean now? Hope you are feeling better and healing well! God Bless.
                  Hey....The very last Narcotic I took was on March 8, 2011. And the last of the Suboxone was on July 15, 2011.

So I consider myself to be COMPLETELY clean as of July 15, 2011 or almost 6 months now! Yea Me!

But I can honestly tell you that it really feels like I have been clean much, much longer for some reason! And thank you for asking how I am. I will give you the short version......

Already had 24 knee operations and will have my 25th any day now. In fact the doctor called this morning and it will be either this coming Friday, or early next week. Be so happy to get it over with! My divorce is now final and I am getting ready to move to another State and be with my new best friend and the woman that I LOVE so much! As quick as I can recover from this next surgery, I am gone to..........?

So nice to chat with you and you are helping so many here with your very kind words and support! If you need anything and I can be of help then please don't hesitate to ask me ok? God Bless....Denny

Comment

I'm not trying to call you a liar Ranger, but seriously 4 months of withdrawals? What exactly continued for 4 months? If you really had pain, diarrhea, insomnia, chills, cramps, tremors, itch, nausea, yawning, malaise, restless legs, etc...for 4 months I would suspect you would likely die or be hospitalized at least. Did you go to the doctor and tell them you have been withdrawing for 4 months and they wouldn't help you??

Comment

Hey....The very last Narcotic I took was on March 8, 2011. And the last of the Suboxone was on July 15, 2011.

So I consider myself to be COMPLETELY clean as of July 15, 2011 or almost 6 months now! Yea Me!

But I can honestly tell you that it really feels like I have been clean much, much longer for some reason! And thank you for asking how I am. I will give you the short version......

Already had 24 knee operations and will have my 25th any day now. In fact the doctor called this morning and it will be either this coming Friday, or early next week. Be so happy to get it over with! My divorce is now final and I am getting ready to move to another State and be with my new best friend and the woman that I LOVE so much! As quick as I can recover from this next surgery, I am gone to..........?

So nice to chat with you and you are helping so many here with your very kind words and support! If you need anything and I can be of help then please don't hesitate to ask me ok? God Bless....Denny
                      Wow thats awesome! The being clean I mean :-) And wow that's a lot of knee surgeries. What type of sugery if you don't mind me asking? Good luck on the next one hopefully they will finally get it right! That's awesome that you are moving to be with the one you love! It's so nice when we finally get out of a nasty relationship, and are afforded the opportunity to get into one that makes us feel whole! Congrats on everything!

Comment

Wow thats awesome! The being clean I mean :-) And wow that's a lot of knee surgeries. What type of sugery if you don't mind me asking? Good luck on the next one hopefully they will finally get it right! That's awesome that you are moving to be with the one you love! It's so nice when we finally get out of a nasty relationship, and are afforded the opportunity to get into one that makes us feel whole! Congrats on everything!
                        Dun .... Thanks again for asking about me! I played professional sports (Major League Baseball) for several years and was hurt while playing and that led to the very first surgery many years ago. I tore EVERY part of BOTH knees apart that there is! And I mean ALL of them over the years!

I had ACL reconstruction, medicus tears repaired, ligaments repaired, and ALL of that done over and over again through the years. Then it became time to have both the knees totally replaced. Longer story short, I have had now 6 total and complete knee replacements! And right now I have installed a "temporary" knee that provides antibiotics to me for the last 6-8 weeks. Now I need to go in and have that knee removed and another permanent knee installed for my 25th total knee surgery and my 7th complete total replacement! Can't even believe it myself sometimes!

I have posted this many times and the others are getting tired of reading about it, but it really does HELP to just talk about it often. With the temporary knee that is right now, I can't stand or bend it at all. So I have been reduced to being in my recliner for a long, long time! And it really stinks! lol. So I am going back in either this comiing Friday, or early next week to hopefully complete this painful chapter in my life. And the reason for ALL of the replacing of the replacements is because of hardware breakage, or/and a nasty Staph Infection!

So there you have it. There's more, but you get the idea. And I just had my divorce final and was just the luckest and most blessed man alive to have found the most beautiful, and perfect woman to ever walk the earth! I mean she is really something! Smart, beautiful, and better yet, clean! But she happens to live in another State very far from me here so it has been very difficult to communicate or get together on occasion. But we will be doing so VERY soon!

One very important final thing......I have had the last 5 knee surgeries WITHOUT ANY kind of Narcotics or Opiate pain medication there is! Absolutely none of it and I am so proud of myself! NO IV drip of any kind as well! I figured that if I took one single pill that that might be all that it would take to get right back into the addiction mode again. I have worked way too hard and fought so much that I just DID NOT want to risk becoming addicted ever again! Period! I abused for over 35years!

And this next and last surgery will be exactly the same, no narcotics or opiates of any kind, during or after surgery! I know now how to get past this painful experience! So many thanks for asking and just caring. I have followed you around a bit and if you need ANYTHING, or I can be of ANY help to you then please just ask! It would be my pleasure to help you with anything that has to do with addiction! Take care and God Bless....Denny

Comment

Dun .... Thanks again for asking about me! I played professional sports (Major League Baseball) for several years and was hurt while playing and that led to the very first surgery many years ago. I tore EVERY part of BOTH knees apart that there is! And I mean ALL of them over the years!

I had ACL reconstruction, medicus tears repaired, ligaments repaired, and ALL of that done over and over again through the years. Then it became time to have both the knees totally replaced. Longer story short, I have had now 6 total and complete knee replacements! And right now I have installed a "temporary" knee that provides antibiotics to me for the last 6-8 weeks. Now I need to go in and have that knee removed and another permanent knee installed for my 25th total knee surgery and my 7th complete total replacement! Can't even believe it myself sometimes!

I have posted this many times and the others are getting tired of reading about it, but it really does HELP to just talk about it often. With the temporary knee that is right now, I can't stand or bend it at all. So I have been reduced to being in my recliner for a long, long time! And it really stinks! lol. So I am going back in either this comiing Friday, or early next week to hopefully complete this painful chapter in my life. And the reason for ALL of the replacing of the replacements is because of hardware breakage, or/and a nasty Staph Infection!

So there you have it. There's more, but you get the idea. And I just had my divorce final and was just the luckest and most blessed man alive to have found the most beautiful, and perfect woman to ever walk the earth! I mean she is really something! Smart, beautiful, and better yet, clean! But she happens to live in another State very far from me here so it has been very difficult to communicate or get together on occasion. But we will be doing so VERY soon!

One very important final thing......I have had the last 5 knee surgeries WITHOUT ANY kind of Narcotics or Opiate pain medication there is! Absolutely none of it and I am so proud of myself! NO IV drip of any kind as well! I figured that if I took one single pill that that might be all that it would take to get right back into the addiction mode again. I have worked way too hard and fought so much that I just DID NOT want to risk becoming addicted ever again! Period! I abused for over 35years!

And this next and last surgery will be exactly the same, no narcotics or opiates of any kind, during or after surgery! I know now how to get past this painful experience! So many thanks for asking and just caring. I have followed you around a bit and if you need ANYTHING, or I can be of ANY help to you then please just ask! It would be my pleasure to help you with anything that has to do with addiction! Take care and God Bless....Denny
                          Thanks for the support! And it's so amazing how powerful the mind is! I'm proud of your tenacity as far as the narcotics and the surgeries go! Good for you for knowing your limits and not testing them. Pat yourself on the back for that ;-) 7 total knee replacements is absurd to me (I'm not being mean) I just can't wrap my head around that. God Bless you. So maybe there are some men who could weather having a baby and make it through just fine. Hopefully they will replace your knee with durable, working parts that will make this the final time they have to go in. The unfortunate part is once you acquire and infection you are that much more susceptible to getting subsequent infections, and the high doses of antibiotics leave you rendered helpless in the fight. I wish you all the luck, and you talk about it as much as you need to. I'm listening ;-) God Bless and thank you for your continued support!

Comment

Thanks for the support! And it's so amazing how powerful the mind is! I'm proud of your tenacity as far as the narcotics and the surgeries go! Good for you for knowing your limits and not testing them. Pat yourself on the back for that ;-) 7 total knee replacements is absurd to me (I'm not being mean) I just can't wrap my head around that. God Bless you. So maybe there are some men who could weather having a baby and make it through just fine. Hopefully they will replace your knee with durable, working parts that will make this the final time they have to go in. The unfortunate part is once you acquire and infection you are that much more susceptible to getting subsequent infections, and the high doses of antibiotics leave you rendered helpless in the fight. I wish you all the luck, and you talk about it as much as you need to. I'm listening ;-) God Bless and thank you for your continued support!
                            MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU MY FRIEND!!....Denny
                            Last edited by Anonymous; 01-04-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the support! And it's so amazing how powerful the mind is! I'm proud of your tenacity as far as the narcotics and the surgeries go! Good for you for knowing your limits and not testing them. Pat yourself on the back for that 7 total knee replacements is absurd to me (I'm not being mean) I just can't wrap my head around that. God Bless you. So maybe there are some men who could weather having a baby and make it through just fine. Hopefully they will replace your knee with durable, working parts that will make this the final time they have to go in. The unfortunate part is once you acquire and infection you are that much more susceptible to getting subsequent infections, and the high doses of antibiotics leave you rendered helpless in the fight. I wish you all the luck, and you talk about it as much as you need to. I'm listening God Bless and thank you for your continued support!

Hey.....Thank you! Those Staph Infections are just the worst! I have been home from the last surgery since the end of October and had to go back to the ER so many times due to the Staph! I would get it and then it would be gone. Then come back and keep repeating??

And you are so right about them deleting my own defenses! I am completely down on that part. Had the Pic Line (port) that has been in my arm for the last 6-8 weeks removed this morning and just that little thing seems like such a very big deal to me you know? A very small victory of sorts!

One thing though for sure is the fact that I know ALL of the knee exercises that need to be done to get back to walking again! I have had so much practice! And in the past what might take a first-time replacement candidate several weeks to accomplish, it only takes me a very few days before I can bend the knee 90 degrees, and can get up and walk and even climb stairs! I know exactly how hard and how much to really push myself, without hurting myself, or the new knee!

Worst part has been the weight loss that I have incurred! I am about 6' 2" and did weigh a very healthy, muscular 205-225 lbs. But over the last several months I am down to about the 130-140 lb. range. Deathly skinny for me! But they (doctors) put as someone suggested, some high calorie food supplements right into my port during the night and I have gained back about 25 lbs! At least I am headed in the right direction this time! I just have zero appetite.

Sorry to keep blabbing about me so much. So how are YOU doing right now? Post and ask anything if you need to and if I can help I surely will do my best! Thanks again for just being there! God Bless....Denny

Comment

Hey.....Thank you! Those Staph Infections are just the worst! I have been home from the last surgery since the end of October and had to go back to the ER so many times due to the Staph! I would get it and then it would be gone. Then come back and keep repeating??

And you are so right about them deleting my own defenses! I am completely down on that part. Had the Pic Line (port) that has been in my arm for the last 6-8 weeks removed this morning and just that little thing seems like such a very big deal to me you know? A very small victory of sorts!

One thing though for sure is the fact that I know ALL of the knee exercises that need to be done to get back to walking again! I have had so much practice! And in the past what might take a first-time replacement candidate several weeks to accomplish, it only takes me a very few days before I can bend the knee 90 degrees, and can get up and walk and even climb stairs! I know exactly how hard and how much to really push myself, without hurting myself, or the new knee!

Worst part has been the weight loss that I have incurred! I am about 6' 2" and did weigh a very healthy, muscular 205-225 lbs. But over the last several months I am down to about the 130-140 lb. range. Deathly skinny for me! But they (doctors) put as someone suggested, some high calorie food supplements right into my port during the night and I have gained back about 25 lbs! At least I am headed in the right direction this time! I just have zero appetite.

Sorry to keep blabbing about me so much. So how are YOU doing right now? Post and ask anything if you need to and if I can help I surely will do my best! Thanks again for just being there! God Bless....Denny
                                Maybe I need to have a knee replacement ;-) I have just the opposite problem. I am only 5' 4" and over the last two weeks I have done nothing but eat. I'm still at a healthy weight, it's just the dryer is shrinking my jeans around the hip/butt area I guess.
                                I was gonna ask why the Dr's didn't give you TPN or some type of supplementation through your PICC if you can't or don't want to eat. I'm glad they did that for you because you are right, 130-140 lbs on a 6' 2" frame is not good. Hopefully you will be able to maintain a healthy weight as well after your next surgery!
                                As for me I'm not doing to shabby. I still sweat more than normal (and it's cold here.... well cold for FL ;-)) and I have numbness/tingling in some parts of my skin, but I assume that this will pass in the next few weeks and if not then I will just grow accustomed to it and it will be my new normal...... lucky me! All in all, with the exception of a few days, I haven't felt too terrible. Everyday keeps getting better and better! And the Good Lord makes sure that it does! Friday will be 40 days and I am just thrilled about that. I feel like I have accomplished something now! And what's funny is I am a full time nursing student who graduates in May, and I feel more accomplished with this than I do with graduation. Silly I know, but school is a breeze compared to sobriety! I won't be working on graduating for the rest of my life, but believe me I will be working on my sobriety!
                                Congrats on getting the PICC out (it's the little things isn't it), and hopefully you won't have to have another put in!

Comment

Working...
                                X