No announcement yet.

Help! suboxone and dilaudid trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could use some advice in how to come up with some of the more obscure measurements you need to take as you get to a very low dose. For instance my last taper was from 3mgs. so that means my next dose should be 2.25 mgs. split that in half and you have 1.12 mgs.... And that one is easier than most!.

Comment

Originally posted by soundboy1 View Post
      I could use some advice in how to come up with some of the more obscure measurements you need to take as you get to a very low dose. For instance my last taper was from 3mgs. so that means my next dose should be 2.25 mgs. split that in half and you have 1.12 mgs.... And that one is easier than most!.

You can use a single-edged razor and get it as close as you can eyeballing it. Once you get to 2mg pieces it's pretty easy to get close enough for our purposes. You can round it off on really strange numbers. God bless.

Comment

Soundboy,

I am nearly done with my tapper. Went down to .50mg, .25 in the morning and will take .25mg tonight. This was not my first attempt mind you and I bounced back and forth between sub and using a few times. I must confess I was the problem with that. Part of me wanted to get clean but only when my pills were all gone and I was feeling down about my addiction. Would try a sub tapper that was always doomed to fail, either dropping to quickly or speeding through the process. But at the same time in the back of my mind I wasn't giving it 100% and part of me wasn't ready to get clean. Of course I would bang around on other forums talking the quit talk, saying the right things, etc. And then when it was new script time, my Dark Passenger would tap me on the shoulder and I would walk away with him, vanishing from those forums just like Robert said happens. And all the guilt would fill me every time I failed. But it was my responsibility and I think I have gotten to the bottom of "me" for once.

I didn't like "me" prior to becoming an addict. I didn't like I was a nervous person with an anxiety issue. I didn't like how I thought people saw me. Opiates made all those feelings go away. But in the long run it made everything much worse. I have forgiven myself finally for becoming what I had become and the people I hurt in the process. It really can be a scary thing to truly face what we may have done to our loved ones and ourselves. It can cause a lot of anxiety to be honest with ones self.

I have learned to like myself. I'm not a bad guy even thou I did bad things to people I love. And I have learned I can't control what people think of me nor do I care. What matters is how I see "me". Everything is seeming to fall back into place.

I am not saying all this is "you". Nor am I judging you, that's not my place nor do I have the right to do so. I'm not calling you a liar either. I am NOT clean yet, still in my sub tapper and I know this journey is far from over. Pain pills aren't going anywhere and its amazing how just in the normal course of life they cross our paths and a lot of the times we aren't even trying to score. I use to make excuses "oh how can I quit when I always run into them" or "those damn stupid doctors". The truth is those circumstances will never be gone. Sure we can avoid them the best we can but pain pills aren't going anywhere anytime soon. What needs to go somewhere else is the way we see ourselves and where it takes us.

Sorry for the long babble and I hope you are successful in your quest, I hope everyone is. I wouldn't wish this life of hell on anyone. Once last thing I also noticed about myself is that during my active addiction, I stepped away from god. I even thought he packed his bags and left me on my own. That's not the case. He was always there but was waiting for me to help myself. I'm not pushing religion on to you but if you have ever spoke to god prior to addiction there's no reason you can't now. Good luck to you and I hope peace finds you.

Comment

Peace to you and everyone else as well... I guess I am doing some finger pointing when in the end it's me who chooses what enters my temple. I wonder though the prescriptions you talk about? are they suboxone scripts or pain pills? The pain pills in my house are just there and they are not going anywhere. But like Robert said he can be dropped off in the desert and 4 hours later be getting high....
          the suboxone pills though. those are mine. I haven't filled a script since october and if I finish my taper I will have a bunch left over. my buddy and i are going to flush them or something....only problem is I wish they were 2mg pills.

Comment

oh but seriously I seeked out suboxone because I wanted to get high. Stupid stupid me. I messed up. I only blame the Dr. because I feel it was unethical to offer the drug to someone who wasn't in withdrawal or high. I went in as a drug seeker. Only because my many tries for oxy did not work.

Comment

Sorry for the many replies but I don't really do religion besides daoism....which is not a religion per se...

Comment

Reporting back in here... I am down to 1.5 mgs a day. I'm finding that 4 days is not quite long enough. I get sick the night of the third day which lasts usually 36 hours... Anyway tonight I am so sick. Puking my guts up. yech. My next taper is supposed to be tomorrow but I don't know if I can go down. I feel bad tonight...ugh
                Last edited by Anonymous; 01-11-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Stay at your current dose another day. Don't reduce while having the symptoms you describe.

Comment

Feeling better tonight. Moving to 1.12 mgs tomorrow. My wife is on board and that's a big help. She thought I was being shady(I was) Once I let her know the deal she was more receptive. She's just pissed that I hid my pill problems from her for so many years. Well we've been through a lot and we will weather this storm as well...
                    Oh and Thanks Robert! You are always there when I need you and It's most appreciated...

Comment

So I forgot the main reason I came which was to ask... Is it safe to take suboxone and theraflu(nighttime)? I can't find any in the drug interaction checkers but I figure that you guys know best...

Comment

Ok so here's my latest update. First of all I've been a stay at home dad for two weeks and it's been great! I tapered to 1.12 on Friday and felt ok all day. I woke up the next day at 7 30 am with terrible stomach problems. Not going into details... so lucky my wife was home on Saturday morning to watch the baby. That would have been a problem.

I was pretty much nauseous all yesterday afternoon but no bathroom trips... my attitude totally sucked though. I was a miserable prick...my mother od'ed on xanax and booze last weekend and we have been having a lot of problems with her so I am really in a foul mood anyway....

I woke up today feeling chipper though. I think I figured out a good way to take the 1.12 measurement wise. And the stuff with my mom will never change I mean she's always been that way as long as I can remember.
                        Robert if you are reading is it possible that 4 days isn't enough time for me? I seem to have a w/d episode within 24-36 hours of tapering. so basically i'm waiting to taper I wait until I feel ok. Is that what I'm supposed to be doing?
                        once again thanks everyone!

Comment

This 1.12 thing is totally screwing with me. I thought I had it but then I realized i took like 80 % of it in the morning. So for my night time i took 20% of that... It may not mess with me but who knows? I was in a pretty bad mood all day but I got some bad news. Nothing earth shattering but depressing all the same...
                          I'm due to taper to .84 tomorrow! Getting excited because I'm getting closer! If I wake up sick though I will probably hold off until I feel better. The last few days at 1.12 have been pretty smooth except my bad attitude... I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I wonder about the jump?
                          Peace out Cub scout

Comment

ok so I really could not figure out how to take .84 correctly. So i upped my dose to 1mg .5 half a day.... that was two days ago. I woke up this morning with terrible withdrawals. puking dry heaving and diahrrea. I took my meds. will this go away? I can barely move withouth intense nausea

Comment

I have to find a new doctor in the NY area to help me with this final little bit. I'm just floating at this 1 mg point it seems. When I first posted here I was at 1 mg. until I messed up at Christmas and began this post. But one of the reasons I screwed up then was that I was getting really sick when I would take less than 1mg...
                              I will not be on this stuff the rest of my life and if that means I need 5 days or more to clean it out than I will have to do it. I would prefer to do it the right way though so I'm going to have to find a substance abuse counselor who can help with the dosage. I have enough meds to get through(30 or more 8 mg pills) My insurance will not cover subs so I am not able to pay another copay. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Comment

So im at 1 mg a day right now. Im scared to go below that because previously. I've gotten reallybsivery sick when i tried that. First few days were fine but that third day is a killer. I need 2mgto pills.

Comment

Working...
                                X