No announcement yet.

Help! suboxone and dilaudid trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be afraid to go below 1mg. If you have problems at day 3 then just taper by 10-15% instead of 25%. It isn't set in stone that you have to reduce by 25% especially as low as you are getting. Do what you can handle and still feel good. And take equal doses, don't take 80% in the morning and the balance at night. That leaves your body going up and down. It's especially important at 1mg and under.

I have been away for a week or so due to computer issues. I'll keep an eye on you but don't freak out at this point! You're so close right now to getting clean.

If you need to, break the 8mg pill into four equal pieces. Those will be 2mg each, no difference than having 2mg pills. You can crush up one 2mg piece into powder, divide it into four equal piles (just eyeballing it is fine) of .5mg each. Then if you need to take .8mg for the day as an example just take one .5mg pile and then get as close as you can with another pile. That extra .3mg would be just a little over half of that second .5mg pile.

Use a single edge razor or card to divide the powder. DON'T SNORT IT!!!! lol Then crease a business card sharply and pour the dose under your tongue. The powder will dissolve very quickly but it will work I promise. Been having people do this for years and it always works. Hope that helps. Stay in touch. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-25-2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I was kinda wondering where you went but I figured you must have a life outside of this forum
      So the latest status update. I went back to the original dr who prescribed me the subs. I had a really rough week where I was just very unsure what I was taking. I'm a control freak I think and the mental aspect of the measuring is getting to me. In general I have a very high level of anxiety. The Dr. prescribes be Klonopin as well but it's a small dose. He also recommended I do liquid suboxone. He also suggested at this point that I go for a week at each dose and only go down by 20%. It seems reasonable to me and I am going to try it. I am still at 1mg. and will taper again thursday. I'm just a little worried about the liquid method. I've read some bad things about it and also good things. My main worry is if the liquid is all the same strength? Is this a legit way to get below 1mg? As far as scraping up piles Robert that is the kind of behavior I have to avoid. It's a major part of the addiction for me.

Comment

BTW he was extremely impressed with me. Last time he saw me I was on 26 mgs a day.... I told him that I was down to 1 mg and he was shocked!

Comment

Dude, it's the Klonopin you should be concerned about...not putting powder under your tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by SiriusMoonlight View Post
            Dude, it's the Klonopin you should be concerned about...not putting powder under your tongue.
            Sirius I had no idea you knew me so well. Guess what chopping up lines of drugs will give me an addictive thought that I need to avoid. RE: Klonopin. I have been on and off benzos my whole life. the withdrawal sucks but it doesn't make me puke for 36 hours. If you taper correctly from benzo's you can get away fairly painlessly. Esp. klonopin. It's nothing compared to xanax or valium.
            The only drug I've ever been addicted to that I had a hard time stopping is this suboxone ????. I quit >>>>>> cold turkey and that was easier than this. I just want to know when someone is going to start a class action lawsuit against these people and the fda. In this case the cure is nearly as bad as the affliction. If I ran out of subs I would have to have more. No matter how I got them....
            Anyway I've been doing the liquid method for 10 days now. it works out well 1mg of sub to 1 ml of water. mix it up measure it with a medicine syringe and you are good to go. No sickness since I started it. I did get hung up at 1 mg tho and am dropping to .8 tomorrow.I'm going away on the 25th and I would like to be almost done... By my calcs I should be at least down to .4 I figure I can drop another level while on vacation and then come back and kick... That[s the plan anyway! I'm already getting to the point where I'm forgetting to take it but that could be really bad. Anyway I'm done ranting.
            tl;dr people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. ass

Comment

Update for the day... I'm on my 3rd day of .8 I'm starting to feel a bit nauseous but that always happens to me on the 3rd day of a taper. Thank god for the Klonopin. I know it's another addiction but what the hell are subs? For me and my life a much worse addiction. When I start to feel sick I take a klonopin and while I still feel sick I don't have the head games as bad. Which to me combined with the sickness is unbearable. I'm really happy with where I stand right now though. I am on schedule to be on .4 by my vacation which is in 8 days! Antigua here we come! Whatever I show up there on dosage wise I will probably maintain because I really don't want to go through w/d's on vacation. So I could be done in 3 weeks! Praise Jebus! I have kicked benzo's before and with the amount I'm on it should take no more than a week or 2. Problem is I really do get panic attacks and they suck. Not often enough to warrant taking prozac or whatever they prescribe to shut people up these days...but I'm taking klonopin every day so I guess there really is no difference. All I know is the first few days on SSID's make me feel so messed up that I would rather take benzo's everyday of my life...
              I just wish I didn't need sedatives to live. Nothing makes me happier than a chemical that makes me sleepy. I have a ton of personal issues that go back to my childhood but I really can't afford all the therapy it would take to wipe myself clean. So I rely on self help which sometimes leads to self medicating which leads me down bad paths. Anyway peace and love and be kind to each other. If you are only on this message board to feel superior to others than you need to spend less time on the internet and more time interacting with live humans. Just a thought...

Comment

soundboy ....... Stopping behavior that triggers our own personal addictions is imperative. If chopping lines, which is addictive-type behavior, is too much to handle then the liquid method is totally acceptable. Keep an eye on the klonopin but you've come a long ways on the subs.

If a person had a habit of snorting drugs or doing things that invovled chopping things into powder I would advise that person to avoid this method with the subs. We have to use our own best judgement at times as we know our weaknesses hopefully by the time we get to this point where you are. That is why I tell people to NEVER dose over twice a day, as most addicts are accustomed to doing drugs throughout the day which is addictive behavior. We need to break the behavior as much as the drug itself.

I always suggest handling one drug at a time with tapering, have done lots of benzo tapers after a person finishes the subs. Just keep to the minimum dose you can handle and finish off the subs as opiates seem to be your first and primary issue is my suggestion. If you aren't taking a big dose of klonopin it does make the sub taper easier at the end. Just be careful and mentally prepared for what you'll face when you're done with the subs. Everyone is different and we have to do what provides the optimal results in the end for us.

As we've said many times here, getting clean is a process, not an event. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do to cross the finish line. God bless.
                Last edited by Anonymous; 02-17-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I like that last line Robert thanks. I'm not happy about the Klonopin and I definitely am hooked but I know it and I know I can kick it. I am a bit worried about panic attacks though. I've had 3 serious ones and many mild ones... Well I plan on crossing that bridge when the time comes. Thanks for reaching out.

I am tapering to . 6 tomorrow. I am getting antsy and just want to quit outright... I know where that will lead though...
                  Last edited by Anonymous; 02-19-2012, 12:30 AM. Reason: adding more info

Comment

I did not taper to .6 today. I had a really stressful day and I didn't want to risk any incidents. I have a problem/opportunity and maybe you guys can help. I have to take a drug test in no less than 3 weeks from today. I am on Klonopin and suboxone. I can't be on these drugs and have this job. I have to be able to drive even though I will be sitting in an office 9 to5. It's a total bummer. I have no idea how long any of these things stay in your system and I was not planning on being pill free for at least a month. What shall I do? I pretty much have the job if I pass the test. If I take the job I can transfer anywhere in the country and many other countries as well. I need this job. I've been groomed for it for years. I want to substitute someone's clean urine for my own but that makes me nervous. I sincerely doubt I will be able to pass my test with my own piss...

Comment

Well no answer is better than the wrong answer I suppose. I just went to Antigua where I was at an all inclusive booze and food resort. It's really fun witha nice beach just steps away from our room... Problem is the booze. I was pretty good but I had 2 nights where I drank which I am definitely not supposed to do. I didn't mess up my subs though I stayed at .6 which i had tapered to a bit before leaving. I think I will go to .4 tomorrow and then things get serious.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any natural remedy to at least ease the nausea?

Or even Pepto or Maalox does any of that stuff work to help? If so I have some purchases to make! It's exciting in it's own gross way.

Comment

Originally posted by soundboy1 View Post
                        Well no answer is better than the wrong answer I suppose. I just went to Antigua where I was at an all inclusive booze and food resort. It's really fun witha nice beach just steps away from our room... Problem is the booze. I was pretty good but I had 2 nights where I drank which I am definitely not supposed to do. I didn't mess up my subs though I stayed at .6 which i had tapered to a bit before leaving. I think I will go to .4 tomorrow and then things get serious.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any natural remedy to at least ease the nausea?

Or even Pepto or Maalox does any of that stuff work to help? If so I have some purchases to make! It's exciting in it's own gross way.

If it's just an upset stomach pepto is okay, alka seltzer even helps. If it's diarrhea getting you then go to imodium AD. It will work! Stay in touch. God bless.

Comment

Tomorrow will be my 3rd day at .4 A lot of the side effects are winding down. For instance I am lactose intolerant. But I found that the sub made it go away for the most part. I guess by slowing down my digestive system? Well anyway that stopped and my lactose intolerance is back. I thought it was the subs but I can tell the difference. The difference is the lactose sickness goes away once you have gotten rid of the toxins... sub sickness feels deeper I guess and lasts longer. So anyway I am getting close to .2 and I think I will go to that for a few days then try to skip a day...Should I split the .2 in half if possible?
                          Thanks for everything Robert we are getting there! I also started reducing my klonopin. why the hell not...oh and I am going to stock up on alka seltzer. It's always helped me in the past with hangovers or whatever...And Robert no diarrhea yet but I read that immodium is ineffectual because the active ingredient loperamide is actually opiate based...Any thoughts on that?
                          Last edited by Anonymous; 03-09-2012, 10:45 PM. Reason: one more thing

Comment

Hello all. I am on my 4th day at .4 mgs I take it twice daily. I break up the suboxone and mix it with water at a 1 mg-2ml ratio. So .4 mgs ends up becoming .8 ml of sub water. This has helped me so much. Before I was pretty much guessing at my dosage and it wasn't always working. This has been the best taper so far. I was mildly sick this morning and it went away pretty quick. I plan on going to .2 on Tuesday. I have to make a new mixture and I may actually change my ratio to 1mg-4ml. It just makes it easier to ingest.
                            in the last 2 months I have probably taken 4-5 8 mg pills. It's crazy that something so tiny can get you so wacked but it really is super powerful. So my sub journey is almost over.( I hope) I have learned a lot the main thing being that don't mess with stuff you don't know anything about. I scored my first subs on the street,I did a tiny bit of research and I thought I knew everything. Wrong. I had no idea how instantly addictive it was. Subs must be great for people with real >>>>>> habits. I probably didn't need them but they have actually been beneficial. I had been dabbling with vikes and oxy's and I'm sure I would have only gotten worse. It also helped me with my self control in general. There are tons of painkillers in this house and I don't even feel tempted! I don't know if that will go away with the subs but I hope not. Anyway just checking in. Selah!

Comment

Wow! You have come a long way! Congrats on your successful Sub taper journey! I have tapered down from 12-16mgs to 1mg. This is where I have stayed for 3 weeks. I had foot surgery and a minor setback so I'm staying here for a while until I heal then its back on the train. Since I have dropped so low, I have noticed a lot of good things coming back. Like mental clarity, being regular (again) and actually wanting to have a life outside of my dungeon (house). I'm still healing. I have a few more weeks to go with that. But, if it takes me 2-3 more months of tapering, I don't care as long as it is successful.
                              Stay strong for your family

Comment

Good luck!! that 1mg barrier was hard for me to break and I went back above it a few times... If you can get the 2mg pills do it. it makes life so much easier. I tapered today to .3 instead of .2. I know I am just prolonging the inevitable but I think that it will be an easy taper after that it's almost all over. My wife keeps asking me why it's taking so long and I don't have a quick answer. She hates that I'm on it but must love me an awful lot for putting up with so much shadiness. I feel like I've been cheating on her. We have some work to do on our relationship mostly my fault...

Comment

Working...
                                X