Help! suboxone and dilaudid trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! suboxone and dilaudid trouble

So I had a mild hydro/oxy habit. I went to the Dr. and he basically gave me 90 8 mgs subs to start. I totally got screwed by a drug dealer! He had no interest in my maintenance he just gave me a bunch of narcotics and let me go wild...
    Anyway It's 6 months later and I was down to less than 1 mg a day. Pretty much almost done. Of course I messed up and took a 4 mg dilaudid last night at a xmas party... It's now 8 hours later and i feel like ????. I have 2 4 mgs and about 10 mgs of suboxone to last me until xmas is over.(Monday night we go home) What's my next move? I took the dilaudid thinking that i would just use that as my last dose. I was hoping I would wake up in the morning and all my problems would be better. My christmas miracle is not happening the way I wanted.

tl:dr : I took dilaudid while on suboxone. What do I do next?

Originally posted by soundboy1 View Post
    So I had a mild hydro/oxy habit. I went to the Dr. and he basically gave me 90 8 mgs subs to start. I totally got screwed by a drug dealer! He had no interest in my maintenance he just gave me a bunch of narcotics and let me go wild...
    Anyway It's 6 months later and I was down to less than 1 mg a day. Pretty much almost done. Of course I messed up and took a 4 mg dilaudid last night at a xmas party... It's now 8 hours later and i feel like ????. I have 2 4 mgs and about 10 mgs of suboxone to last me until xmas is over.(Monday night we go home) What's my next move? I took the dilaudid thinking that i would just use that as my last dose. I was hoping I would wake up in the morning and all my problems would be better. My christmas miracle is not happening the way I wanted.

tl:dr : I took dilaudid while on suboxone. What do I do next?

The subs have a long half life (up to 72 hours or longer). You should be okay through the weekend, but DON'T TAKE ANYTHING so that I can properly re-induct you next week. You know better than to take anymore opiates. If not you don't need to be using the subs. Get some more subs first of the week and I will re-induct you right here. I've done ths for years, I know how to do it, but you have to make a commitment to do as I ask you to do and everything will work out. You have made a common mistake but it's not the end of the world. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.

Comment

Hi Robert,
      I am so thnkful that you answered. I was hoping you would. I am willing to wait until Monday for sure. I just don't want to be in the middle of terrible w/d's tomorrow morning(1st christmas for new baby). I actually feel 100 times better since i ate a sandwich but the nausea is still there. When should I expect that I will be at my worst? I am trying to get off this stuff because Jan.2nd I take over day care for my children. Although subs don't make me feel high and actually have helped with many of my problems I would really like to be off of them forever. Before subs I was only doing this part time. Now it's a full time habit and I don't want it to be! Robert you have helped many before me and I am more than ready...
      Last edited by Anonymous; 12-24-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

You will need to have some w/d before you re-induct, but it won't be anything you can't handle. Enjoy Christmas and talk to me on Monday when you get your meds. We will go from there. JUST DON'T USE in the meantime! Merry Christmas and God bless.

Comment

Robert, I have suboxone here. 10mgs or so. I just was on such a small dose(in my mind) that the dilaudid would have a mild effect and I could just kind of end it on the dilaudid high (i'm not that bright.) I ended up taking another 4 mg dilaudid because I was being rude and angry and that's not like me and my wife noticed. I apologize i just could not wait any longer. It's my daughter's 1st christmas and I don't want to be miserable for it. I know you said not to take opiates but i'm waiting as long as I can between doses. I don't mind suffering after 11 am tomorrow you know? But I need to be in good spirits! Happy Holidays and thanks for the support so far. It's a godsend.

Comment

So I took the other 4mg dilaudid at noon. I just took 2mgs of subs and I am praying that I don't go into full withdrawal. Everything I've read said that dilaudid pills have a much shorter half life therefore you can take subs within 12-14 hours. I waited 13. we will see how my body reacts! I just think that i may have taken more subs than I needed. I want to keep my dose low so I can kick next weekend or so... What's worse Dilaudid withdrawal or Suboxone?

Comment

if you jump off either at too high a dose, they both suck...

you are doing this your way anyway, despite some advice to re induct correctly...

and taking dilaudid while on subs,

are you sure you want to get clean. or just get by till the next pick up...?

seems to me to be the latter. apologies if im wrong...

Comment

So I took the other 4mg dilaudid at noon. I just took 2mgs of subs and I am praying that I don't go into full withdrawal. Everything I've read said that dilaudid pills have a much shorter half life therefore you can take subs within 12-14 hours. I waited 13. we will see how my body reacts! I just think that i may have taken more subs than I needed. I want to keep my dose low so I can kick next weekend or so... What's worse Dilaudid withdrawal or Suboxone?

Taking the subs too soon after taking the Dilaudid is the worst w/d. I hope your method works out for you. I know that no one here said take the subs 12 hours after the dilaudid.

I thought we were going to do this induction together so I could help you induct at the very minimal dose so you could get this over with more quickly. I guess that I'm confused or something. Wanted to help you do this the right way. Good luck.

Comment

Robert,
                  You said the wd's would not be that bad. Well I couldn't take it. I wasn't at the point of where I had to live in the bathroom but I was really close. As I said I couldn't do that to my family. I was at the in-laws and they are the nosiest people you ever met. When you go in the bathroom they ask you what you were doing in there... Anyway I could not go through full blown withdrawals in that house.

As far as my method it worked out ok. But again I really just wanted to make it through Christmas dinner or so and actually I did good. I waited on the suboxone as long as I could. I felt like the dilaudid wore off in 3 or 4 hours and then the wd's started kicking in a few hours after that. I waited until I was nearly in the bathroom again. I ended up taking 4 mgs that night. no wd's I felt great.I took another 4mgs yesterday and then I took 3mgs today. I would really love some help but I know you are probably mad because I didn't listen. I apologize for that. I just couldn't be sick in front of my baby on her first christmas. "where's DaDa" "dopesick in hte bathroom" y'know? But I'm dead serious about getting off these subs. I was never an every day opiate user and I should never have been prescribed this drug. It's very helpful and i can see that but I got pushed into using it... I want off.

Comment

Robert,
                    You said the wd's would not be that bad. Well I couldn't take it. I wasn't at the point of where I had to live in the bathroom but I was really close. As I said I couldn't do that to my family. I was at the in-laws and they are the nosiest people you ever met. When you go in the bathroom they ask you what you were doing in there... Anyway I could not go through full blown withdrawals in that house.

As far as my method it worked out ok. But again I really just wanted to make it through Christmas dinner or so and actually I did good. I waited on the suboxone as long as I could. I felt like the dilaudid wore off in 3 or 4 hours and then the wd's started kicking in a few hours after that. I waited until I was nearly in the bathroom again. I ended up taking 4 mgs that night. no wd's I felt great.I took another 4mgs yesterday and then I took 3mgs today. I would really love some help but I know you are probably mad because I didn't listen. I apologize for that. I just couldn't be sick in front of my baby on her first christmas. "where's DaDa" "dopesick in hte bathroom" y'know? But I'm dead serious about getting off these subs. I was never an every day opiate user and I should never have been prescribed this drug. It's very helpful and i can see that but I got pushed into using it... I want off.

At this point the best thing to do is taper your dose by 25% every four days. You can still be successful, it will just take longer than if you did it like I asked. In a couple months you can be clean but you can't be mixing the dilaudid wih subs and EVER expect to be clean. You have to make up your mind what you want. If you want to be clean follow the 25% reduction every four days. If you want to use the dilaudid then get some and blow off the subs. But they don't go together unless a person is using subs to hold off w/d until they score dilaudid again and then it's off to the races.

I'm not judging you. That is not my place or right to do that. Just saying it like it is. You have to make a commitment to pay the price or forget it because you can't half-do this. It's all or nothing! God bless.

Comment

Hi,
                      So I was not taking offense at anythin you said Robert but another poster in this thread insinuated that I am more interested in the Dilaudid than I am in getting clean. Yes I had a moment of weakness and I immediately knew I made a mistake. I then came here to ask for help. Well the problem is that I have too much access to dilaudid,oxy's and other pharmaceutical opiates... That's how I got in this mess.
                      anyway i'm back on subs yech. Sunday night I took 4mgs and also monday. Tuesday I dropped 25% to 3 mgs. so tomorrow will be my last day at 3 mgs. I want to just drop down to 2mgs. is that too much of a jump? I don't mind some w/d's. Before suboxone I never experienced withdrawal like this.

Comment

So Robert thanks for the support. I'm glad someone out there cares it really means a lot. I didn't tell my wife about the suboxone treatment because she barely knows about the oxy's and dilaudid... So of course she found my script and is understandably upset. Her brother is into >>>>>> pretty bad and she freaked when she saw the bottle. He had been on it before to no effect... So she is somewhat happy that I am attempting to get clean but overall is not very happy with me. So we have some issues right now. She's also really pissed at my dr's and is very confused how they could prescribe it to me when I wasn't in full withdrawal or high when I went to the Dr. Do you think the dr holds any fault in this? I mean obviously I'm the user so it's my fault but the dr. carries no fault? What's your take on that?

Comment

soundboy .... Absolutely some drs can have a partial guilt in getting us addicted to different drugs. There is an old saying in recovery circles that while we are not always responsible for our addiction, we ARE responsible for our own recovery. Perhaps we got addicted due to injury or illness, but we only get clean by making up our minds to follow through with the doing next right thing.

There will always be temptations with drugs being available. I've always said that you could drop me off on a country road on foot that I've never been on before and I could find drugs by noon if I wanted them badly enough. We have to make up our minds that we are NOT going to use no matter what or we are wasting our time. This isn't something we can do half-heartedly. It's hard enough being totally committed, but when we let others lure us in to using we are beat before we start. I am not judging, I am just explaining the severity of this problem and that it will always exist. So you need to get control of your emotions and not allow others to affect your better judgement.

So many people come and go around here coming on saying they are going to get clean and then they simply disappear without even a goodbye and it's usually because they went back to using. So the comments made questioning your sincere commitment were meant to be taken in that context. Everyone here is behind you wanting you to be successful. It's just that those of us that have been down this road for several decades tend to tell it like it is and sometimes people get their feelings hurt. Take criticisms in the way they were intended, only meaning to help you however blunt they may seem to be.

You can drop your dose as rapidly as you choose. The suggstion to reduce by 25% every four days is what has proven to be the least painful method while maintaining a good steady titration down. If you are asking me, I would stick to what has been proven to work the best. You'll find those that follow the program have very few problems. Hope that helps. God bless.

Comment

Well the reason i dropped to 2mgsi from 3mgs is because i have a really hard time figuring out how to measure a 12th of a milligram. I wont go back to that dr so all i have is 8mg pills.
                            As far as sobriety goes suboxone is the worst most painful addiction ive had. I hate it and its ruining my life. So im really not buying into the whole suboxone as a cure thing. Its just a substitute.. and again Robert i was not mad at you. You have been great to everyone on this board. Its just frustrating when you come to a place of knowledge and you have to deal with trolls. But its worth it for the support im getting from you. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Comment

Suboxone has been very effective in reducing my alcohol habit. I had a bit too much champagne last night though and I felt terrible in the morning. But I didn't take any other drugs which I was a bit nervous about. My will power has been fine through this whole thing except the one mess up with the dilaudid. The holidays have always been tough on me and that was when I would party the most... So I just thought i would give an update... Peace and Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                              X