Donnella needs Robert's help on sub taper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donnella View Post
    Goodmorning everyone and Happy Fathers Day Robert !! Day 3 of taking the subs. twice a day ( 8 mgs.) I just took my morning dose 4 mgs. and wanted to check in. So far so good no side effects, headaches ; etc. Today I'm gonna try pushing myself to do more around the house today. Robert I just wanted to update you and I hope that you have a wonderful Fathers Day !! I will be talking to you later. Enjoy your day and I hope that everyone else has a great day as well. I love you my new family ; )

Donnella .... it's time to get up and start getting some exercise! If it's walking around the block, whatever it takes, it will help get your natural endorphine production going. Are you stable now today? If you are I want you to lower your dose tomorrow. That will have given you four days at 8mg. We need to get you down to 6mg a day, in two 3mg doses. You'll start feeling better when you're stable at a lower dose, the smaller the better. Let me know how you're doing. God bless.

Comment

Goodmorning Robert ! I will definatly do that starting tomorrow. Also today I will start walking a little if its just around the blocks. I have an under active thyroid so I'm thinking that could be where I'm staying weak and feeling tired alot. I will start my 6 mgs. dosage tomorrow and thank you so much for being here .. I told you that I would do everything you told me to get off of these from day 1 ; ) I truly thank you and tomorrow evening I will keep you posted. Thank you Robert and I hope that you have a wonderful day !!

Comment

Goodmorning Robert ! I will definatly do that starting tomorrow. Also today I will start walking a little if its just around the blocks. I have an under active thyroid so I'm thinking that could be where I'm staying weak and feeling tired alot. I will start my 6 mgs. dosage tomorrow and thank you so much for being here .. I told you that I would do everything you told me to get off of these from day 1 ; ) I truly thank you and tomorrow evening I will keep you posted. Thank you Robert and I hope that you have a wonderful day !!
        Hi Donnella,

How are you today? Looks like you have your plan ready to go! That's awesome! You're doing it! Keep going and we'll get there together! Talk again soon. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
        Karen

Comment

I found ur thread again finally lol, also using an iPhone n still figuring out things on how to get around this site. Glad u decided to do some walking, that's going to be so helpful in ur tapering. But sounds like ur doing great so far. I know at first exercising will seem so difficult but really is helpful...I usually feel like I have to force myself to do it but afterwards I feel better. Keep up the great work n I'll chat wu soon. take care!!

Comment

Thank you Karen and crystalclear651 so much !! I am so glad that I have yall and Robert !! It means so much to know I'm not alone . I took my 5:00 dose so I'm still doing good with that. Tomorrow Robert has got me to start tapering down to 6 mgs. a day..I believe that I'm going to do good as well with that dose. I have had thyroid problems for years and I believe that alot of my fatigue has got to do with that. But I am going to keep on going. I hope that yall have a great evening and also to Robert. I will keeping yall posted.I love you my new family !! ; )

Comment

I have a good feeling ur going to rock 6mgs! Typically it seems to b smooth sailing down to the small doses. I think it's good ur going from 8-6, let us know how u are doin. Sweet dreams chica

Thank you Karen and crystalclear651 so much !! I am so glad that I have yall and RI

obert !! It means so much to know I'm not alone . I took my 5:00 dose so I'm still doing good with that. Tomorrow Robert has got me to start tapering down to 6 mgs. a day..I believe that I'm going to do good as well with that dose. I have had thyroid problems for years and I believe that alot of my fatigue has got to do with that. But I am going to keep on going. I hope that yall have a great evening and also to Robert. I will keeping yall posted.I love you my new family !! ; )

Comment

Thank you Karen and crystalclear651 so much !! I am so glad that I have yall and Robert !! It means so much to know I'm not alone . I took my 5:00 dose so I'm still doing good with that. Tomorrow Robert has got me to start tapering down to 6 mgs. a day..I believe that I'm going to do good as well with that dose. I have had thyroid problems for years and I believe that alot of my fatigue has got to do with that. But I am going to keep on going. I hope that yall have a great evening and also to Robert. I will keeping yall posted.I love you my new family !! ; )
                Donnella,

You're doing it! I have heard and read here that the lower you go with your dose the better you will feel. So you should feel great as you continue to reduce! That would be awesome right?! I think you are going to be taking 3mg twice per day if I'm not mistaken? So you will get plenty of sub coverage all day and night.

Please don't forget the exercise! It is mentioned here so often as a sure fire way that helps so much with a detox and I can vouch that it really does make ALL the difference! Gets your mind off your troubles, keeps you fit, and also keeps you on the right track because you WILL feel better.

You don't have to run 3 miles or anything, just do something that keeps you moving and busy for a short time. You are doing great to this point. The days go by fast and soon you will be down to low doses of sub. That is something to really look forward too! Hang tough just like you are and we'll talk again soon. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
                Karen

Comment

Goodmorning Robert and everyone !! Well I just took my 1st 3 mlg dose and so far I'm doing good ; ) the only thing is getting the pill cut ( split ) right. I tried splitting one pill with a credit card and the other one with a sharp knife but they crumbled so I just used my fingers to get close as I could but I'm about on it. Thank you Crystal and Karen.And yes I am on my way ( moving down the road to recovery ) ; ) I am.still somewhat weak but thats coming from my thyroid. As far as the pills my mind feels so great knowing that I'm coming off of them completly. Robert thank you for being my life safer ; ) I would not been able to make it this far without you !! I will be posting as I go through my taper. Thank you and I hope that yall have a wonderful day !!

Comment

Hey Donella!
                    I'm very proud of you! Look how much progress you've made! As far as the crumbling pills, can you get a single edged razor blade? They are fairly cheap. I use that and a cutting board. I slice up the pill in even doses, and then at the end I will dispense any crumbs to a pile that looks small. I bag it up in those little "drug baggies" too! I get them at a corner store, their supposedly jewelry bags. Right, as if. LOL.

When you get down to much smaller doses, you'll probably crush the pill and split it up into piles of powder. Those small micro doses are very hard to quantify in anything other than powder. If you don't have young kids around or pets you can leave it right on a cutting board/picture frame and forget the baggies. I have a four year old so I have to repackage! Good luck!!!
                    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

Comment

Hi rxqueen83 !! I know the kind of baggies you are talking about lol. But lastnight I was wondering how am I going to split these subs. into smaller and smaller parts as I am tapering down with Robert and get the milligrams right ? I told my husband as I go down that I will learn. When I was taking percocets I would always take them whole and never crushed them up. So this I will definatly have to learn. I have no earthly idea how getting them crushed into piles and measuring them out right. But I will learn. I am so thankful I have made it this far and to know that I have got everyones support on here. I will have my husband to go buy me a razor blade also. I have my 4 year old grandson so I will be watching him as my husband gets the grass cut. When he gets finished mowing I will be able to get back on. Thank you so much again and I hope to be talking to you soon.

Comment

Very simple! Take 1/4 of an 8mg pill which will be 2mg and crush it into powder. Divide it with a razor into four equal piles. Each will be .5mg. Then you crease a business card, scoop up what portion you need and pour it under your tongue. I would leave the little piles on a mirror or glass picture frame and just put it up somewhere so no kids can get to it. If you need .25mg you just cut a .5mg pile in half! These piles get very small so when you start cutting into the .5mg piles I suggest using a small post-it note to label what is remaining so you'll know what you have for later use.

In other countries in Europe and elsewhere they have doses that come in .2mg and .4mg increments. Just shows how in the US they want to make it difficult on you to get under 2mg doses which is the smallest they make them here. That way it's easier to keep you addicted to them. Makes me mad to have to go through all this cutting up of meds to taper off them, but such is life.

Only chop up one 2mg dose at a time or you'll have little piles all over the place, they'll get mixed together and you'll end up with a mess. These little piles you pour under your tongue will dissolve very quickly, especially if you take a drink of water first and they'll work perfectly. God bless.

Comment

Hi Robert ! I will get a razor and do just that. I know that will be better than splitting them with my fingers. I took my 5:00 dose and I'm doing well !! Tomorrow will be my 2nd day.I have me a calendar just for this taper. I will check in tomorrow and let you know how I'm doing. Thank you so much for taking time to get me there. I hope that you have a wonderful night. Sending hugs your way ; )

Comment

Hi Donnella,

Just checking in on you today to see how it's going? Hope you are having a great day and doing well. I know you said you were headed to the Florids Keys, and may have left as I can't remember right now when you were leaving. Post if you can and just let us know that you are well and good! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
                            Karen

Comment

Hi Karen !! I am still at home lol..I am on day 2 of tapering . I'm on 6 milligrams of suboxones now. So far I'm doing good . Thank you so much for checking in on me. I hope that you have a great Wednesday. I will be posting and letting yall know how I'm doing . Hugs to you ; )

Comment

Hi Robert ! I'm on day 2 with my tapering. So far I'm doing well with it. Thank you so much for helping me through this. I will be keeping you posted as I go along. I hope that you have a great day and hugs to you my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X