Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtime Sub abuser, Gettin' my taper on...rapidly..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, today is my final day at 2mgs, before dropping to 1mg tomorrow for 4 days...

I don't even want/need to take 2mgs today, but I feel obligated to from the advice that I've been blessed with on this site...

Last night, I made myself take another 1mg dose at about 8:00, just because that's what the "plan" was supposed to be. I didn't feel right taking what I thought to be an un-necessary dose, but it will probably help me get through today a little better than I would've without it...

I'm dropping to 1mg tomorrow because that will be 2 weeks in the taper and I'm as stable as stable can be in this situation...

#StarringDownTheEvils

Comment

at these lower doses it's important to take the same amt at the same time each day. that will keep a steady flow of sub in ur system at all times. don't take it when u feel like it. make ur schedule that works best for u and stick with it to the end of the taper.

some ppl like to take one single dose and some like to split the doses. it's what works best for u that matters. i like to split the doses over 1 mg myself and them take one dose under 1 mg.

if u do split ur dose maybe take the am dose around 8-10 and the afternoon dose about 4-6 pm. u can adjust it to fit ur work or wake-up schedule or what ever works best for u.

some ppl like to take the single dose all the way thru and that's perfectly ok also. again, it's what works best for u and is a personal choice. as long as ur reducing the dose it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikker View Post
        at these lower doses it's important to take the same amt at the same time each day. that will keep a steady flow of sub in ur system at all times. don't take it when u feel like it. make ur schedule that works best for u and stick with it to the end of the taper.

some ppl like to take one single dose and some like to split the doses. it's what works best for u that matters. i like to split the doses over 1 mg myself and them take one dose under 1 mg.

if u do split ur dose maybe take the am dose around 8-10 and the afternoon dose about 4-6 pm. u can adjust it to fit ur work or wake-up schedule or what ever works best for u.

some ppl like to take the single dose all the way thru and that's perfectly ok also. again, it's what works best for u and is a personal choice. as long as ur reducing the dose it's all good.
        Thanks for the tip Kikker...

What I'm trying to do now is slowly and gradually push back my dose later in the day so when I get do get down to one dose per day, my body will be ready to make it to the afternoon "without" and the later dose should help with sleep...

So far in this process, my sleep has been great. I lay my head down on the pillow, take about 2 deep breaths, and it's morning. It really ticks my wife off when we head into bed and literally 90 seconds later I'm snoring....ha

Right now though, she's 5 months pregnant and has trouble laying on her back/side, so she's been sleeping out on the reclining couch. Having the bed to myself has been a big plus to my taper sucess so far because I don't have to go into bed worrying that I might be laying there all night sweating and kicking the sheets all night (remember, she isn't aware of my longterm Sub use or the fact that I'm getting my taper on) and bothering her throughout the night...

Those small tips that you pass on may not seem like much to somebody that's not going through this, but your tips are what is helping guide me through this. I can't thank you enough for the advice that you've given me and when the glorious day comes when I'm 100% clean of this, I will owe you all so much. I just wish I had some way to pay you back for your support..

Thanks again kikk..

-Buck

Comment

tks for the kind words Buck, but u can thank all of US by getting urself clean. i'm just passing on what was given freely to me here. i'm paying it forward as best i can. if any of my advice and suggestions helps another addict get themselves clean and enjoying the kind of life they deserve that is tks enough.

Comment

Well, I've got through this work day feeling really good. I took about .8mg this morning and will take my other 1.2mgs (bad cut on my part left me with an uneven 2mg so I took the smaller dose 1st) in about an hour to help me get through my bowling tonight...

I also figured that the later in the day I waited to take this 2nd dose, the more it might help me tomorrow for my drop to 1mg...

I hope tomorrow goes well, and I think it will...

Wish me luck y'all..

#StayingPositiveIsHalfTheBattle

Comment

Well.....I gotta slight hangover this morning...

I drank about 10-12 beers lastnight at the bowling alley and 2 jager bombers (1st time drinking since the taper began) and I feel a little foggy this morning...

This is when I would usually just grab a 8mg strip, slam it down, and if I didn't feel better in an hour or 2, grab another, slam it down, and repeat...

I'm probably up against one of my tougher days today but I'm just going to take my vitamin, slam down about 4 or 5 bottles of water, and hold off my dose until the afternoon...

#DayOneOfDroppingTo1mg

Comment

I found a couple interesting charts on google that I thought I would share...

Keep in mind these are probably not 100% accurate, but this one helps understand the half-life of Suboxone...

This one right here shows us the problem with our society and doctors way over prescribing Suboxone to their patients....

http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/u...xone_graph.jpg
                Last edited by Anonymous; 06-14-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Well, day one of my drop to 1mg is going ok...

I just took my dose at noon, and I'm not feeling bad at all...

Hope tonight goes well...

Anybody out there today?

-Buck

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye13 View Post
                    By the way Al, without being too specific, what part of OH-IO are you in ?/

I'm in central Ohio...

I'm guessing your a northeastern....maybe Youngstown area..
                    Southeast part Buck. Im right on the WV Ohio border. I see your rapid detox is going well so far. Pretty amazing that its going so well for you. Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by alexnt View Post
                      Southeast part Buck. Im right on the WV Ohio border. I see your rapid detox is going well so far. Pretty amazing that its going so well for you. Keep up the good work
                      That's cool..

I'm in Lancaster so we are probably less than an hour or so drive from each other...

Keep on kicking this thing in the rear Al...

-Buck

Comment

Well....I made it through my first day at 1mg....

I was pretty sore last night, but never really had what I would call withdrawals...

It was a little rough, but I will try to stay at 1mg today as well...

If I struggle to get throughthe day, I might re-adust my taper and bump back up to 1.5mgs for a couple days, and then drop back down to 1mg...

I have a fricken Ugly Sweater Christmas Party to go to tonight with a ton of my friends from HS, so I know I might have a difficult night ahead of me. If I feel tonight, the way I did lastnight, I will have to take another sliver to get through the dang party...

This would be my 1st time going in the wrong direction, but as many of you have said, the drops with the smaller doses are usually the hardest..

If you would've told me a couple of weeks ago (when I was taking 32mgs on the regular) that I would be kicking myself for potentially taking 1.5mgs in a day, instead of 1mg, I would never ever believed it..

-Buck

#StillPositive

Comment

ur setting up a nasty pattern for urself Buck. u mentioned in the other post that u needed some sub to "help get thru ur bowling that night" and now u think u need a sliver to "get thru a party" it seems. that is without a doubt very strong addictive thinking and behavour....

u don't take subs to get u thru anything....sub are meant to be taken to curb withdrawals and cravings. ur gonna run into trouble doing things like that....

YES, u are going in the WRONG DIRECTION and need to stop it immediately.....

take the sub as the taper is intended....same dose at the same time and no more.

those huge doses u were on and huge reductions have given u the wrong impression of things.

yes, u have done great reducing from 32 mgs to where u are now. that is very commendable, but like i told u the small doses can get tricky and u don't want to be messing with things.

get back to taking a dose, get stable for 4-7 days or whatever it takes and then reduce by 25% and keep repeating. don't take more sub at odd times for pleasure, or a sliver when it's not needed.

u may begin to run into rough stretches if u continue doing it that way. hate to see u suffer if it could be avoided. just my opinion ok.

Comment

just a note of support to you .. difficult things are never easy but in the end its worth every nightmarish minute you have to endure.. if i can, anyone can.. you got this.

Comment

I Agree with Kikker WHOLEheartedly!!!!!
                              ur setting up a nasty pattern for urself Buck. u mentioned in the other post that u needed some sub to "help get thru ur bowling that night" and now u think u need a sliver to "get thru a party" it seems. that is without a doubt very strong addictive thinking and behavour....

u don't take subs to get u thru anything....sub are meant to be taken to curb withdrawals and cravings. ur gonna run into trouble doing things like that....

take the sub as the taper is intended....same dose at the same time and no more.

those huge doses u were on and huge reductions have given u the wrong impression of things.

yes, u have done great reducing from 32 mgs to where u are now. that is very commendable, but like i told u the small doses can get tricky and u don't want to be messing with things.

get back to taking a dose, get stable for 4-7 days or whatever it takes and then reduce by 25% and keep repeating. don't take more sub at odd times for pleasure, or a sliver when it's not needed.

u may begin to run into rough stretches if u continue doing it that way. hate to see u suffer if it could be avoided. just my opinion ok.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Kikker...

A bit brutaly honest, but certainly necessary...

I've actually done really good though. I didn't take more for bowling, I simple pushed my dose back later in the day....

Thanks again buddy. Keep me straight...

-Buck

Comment

Working...
                                X