Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtime Sub abuser, Gettin' my taper on...rapidly..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for laying that out for me again...

I have to run, I will comment further tomorrow...

Thanks again Kikker...

-Buck

By the way, I did take a .33mg dose about an hour ago and I will make my drop tomorrow to .67...

Also...I just ordered some of the "Withdrawal-Ease" that is sometimes advertised on this site. I'm wondering if anybody has used this stuff and if it is affective?? I had it overnight shipped so I should have it here at work tomorrow. There is a day-time and night-time dose. It's all natural. Any thoughts or expierience??

Comment

i've haven't used the withdrawal ease Buck, but it seems similar to the thomas recipe that many use here and have had great results with. the W/E has lots of vitamins, minerals, and plant supplements in it so it may help to "ease" some of the wd symptoms.

sometimes, and i say again, sometimes the symptoms can be such a mental issue. not too downplay any symptoms as they can be rough, but as addicts we have always in the height of our addiction and using had to take "something" to make us feel better. might be the case here, or might not. point is that if it makes YOU feel better and helps YOU to get clean and stay that way then what's the harm?

does the apprx $90.00 price justify it? maybe? give it a try as u've got it on the way and then let us know what u personally think about it. natural supplements are always best.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikker View Post
        i've haven't used the withdrawal ease Buck, but it seems similar to the thomas recipe that many use here and have had great results with. the W/E has lots of vitamins, minerals, and plant supplements in it so it may help to "ease" some of the wd symptoms.

sometimes, and i say again, sometimes the symptoms can be such a mental issue. not too downplay any symptoms as they can be rough, but as addicts we have always in the height of our addiction and using had to take "something" to make us feel better. might be the case here, or might not. point is that if it makes YOU feel better and helps YOU to get clean and stay that way then what's the harm?

does the apprx $90.00 price justify it? maybe? give it a try as u've got it on the way and then let us know what u personally think about it. natural supplements are always best.
        Very good point in bold Kikker...

It actually costing me about $130 because I had it overnight shipped because I have to have it shipped here at work, and as I've said, after I close down the shop tomorrow at 1:00, we will be closed for 10 days for the holidays (unless we get a big snow, which we just got about 2"s overnight)

My business sells and repairs lawnmowers, weedeaters, blowers, chainsaws, and especially this time of year snowthrowers and generators...

If we get a big storm, we will have to re-open and be here instead of taking the 10 day break...I'm hoping we are done with the snow until after the 1st of the year...

Anyways, I will keep you posted on he results of the WD/Ease when I get it later today (hopefully, but as I mentioned we are dealing with weather here in Ohio)...

Today is my first day of my drop to .67....

I'm trying to stay positive but this is the 1st drop that I've done that I've felt won't come "easy". That won't stop me though, as it was "easy" to take 32mgs/day...

-Buck

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye13 View Post
          Very good point in bold Kikker...

It actually costing me about $130 because I had it overnight shipped because I have to have it shipped here at work, and as I've said, after I close down the shop tomorrow at 1:00, we will be closed for 10 days for the holidays (unless we get a big snow, which we just got about 2"s overnight)

My business sells and repairs lawnmowers, weedeaters, blowers, chainsaws, and especially this time of year snowthrowers and generators...

If we get a big storm, we will have to re-open and be here instead of taking the 10 day break...I'm hoping we are done with the snow until after the 1st of the year...

Anyways, I will keep you posted on he results of the WD/Ease when I get it later today (hopefully, but as I mentioned we are dealing with weather here in Ohio)...

Today is my first day of my drop to .67....

I'm trying to stay positive but this is the 1st drop that I've done that I've felt won't come "easy". That won't stop me though, as it was "easy" to take 32mgs/day...

-Buck
          I've wondered about the Withdrawal Ease too buck. Def. can't hurt and hopefully of course be helpful - I'll be very interested to hear how it does for u.
          You have done an incredible job from 32mg! You're almost there and each day have less Subs in u - you are so strong Buck and that finish line is around the corner! I'm right there with u - We both got this!!!!!
          Beth

Comment

Originally posted by x4change2012 View Post
            I've wondered about the Withdrawal Ease too buck. Def. can't hurt and hopefully of course be helpful - I'll be very interested to hear how it does for u.
            You have done an incredible job from 32mg! You're almost there and each day have less Subs in u - you are so strong Buck and that finish line is around the corner! I'm right there with u - We both got this!!!!!
            Beth
            thanks Beth...

I've been starring out the window all day waiting for the UPS truck to show up....I'm just curious about this stuff more than anything and I'm interested to see if it helps out...

UPS already came once today this morning and brought my regular parts orders, but when I overnight-ordered the WD-Ease yesterday it said "Afternoon Delivery" on the invoice...

I really hope it comes today because after today we have a hold on all deliveries here at work until Jan 2nd...

-Buck

#FingersCrossed

Comment

thanks Beth...

I've been starring out the window all day waiting for the UPS truck to show up....I'm just curious about this stuff more than anything and I'm interested to see if it helps out...

UPS already came once today this morning and brought my regular parts orders, but when I overnight-ordered the WD-Ease yesterday it said "Afternoon Delivery" on the invoice...

I really hope it comes today because after today we have a hold on all deliveries here at work until Jan 2nd...

-Buck

#FingersCrossed
              Good luck Buck and i guess ill talk to you after New Years. Hope you have a nice Holiday break and all goes well with your taper

Comment

Originally posted by alexnt View Post
                Good luck Buck and i guess ill talk to you after New Years. Hope you have a nice Holiday break and all goes well with your taper
                Thanks bro...

The drop to .67 went well yesterday...

It was probably closer to about .75 though because I cut an 8mg into 12 pieces, roughly equalling .67 each, but no 2 cuts are exact so there were a few pieces that looked a bit smaller and a few that looked a bit bigger. I took one of the bigger pieces because it was the first day of my drop...

Still pretty good though...

You have a good Christmas too Al, and same to everybody that reads this...

-Buck

Comment

Hey Buck,
                  I hear you about the difficulty in cutting up the pieces. If I was'nt on the Subutext which only comes in tablets I probably would've switched to the strips towards the low doses. I have been doing the same thing with my drops. I usually cut up all the pieces to make enough for the days I estimate to stay (which for me averaged 5-7 days) and I start with the biggest of the slightly off cuts and work my way down to the smallest.
                  There is a method I've read here about crushing into a powder and dividing the piles up and then using a business card or something to put the dose powder under your tongue. It sounds like a good method but personally it has the potential to be messy and I would be so afraid of any powder falling on the floor and into the mouths of my dog or cat. I am a bit neurotic when it comes to my "pet children" LOL.
                  Enjoy your time off and I hope there is no snowstorms in Ohio for a while!
                  Beth

Comment

Hey Buck,
                    I hear you about the difficulty in cutting up the pieces. If I was'nt on the Subutext which only comes in tablets I probably would've switched to the strips towards the low doses. I have been doing the same thing with my drops. I usually cut up all the pieces to make enough for the days I estimate to stay (which for me averaged 5-7 days) and I start with the biggest of the slightly off cuts and work my way down to the smallest.
                    There is a method I've read here about crushing into a powder and dividing the piles up and then using a business card or something to put the dose powder under your tongue. It sounds like a good method but personally it has the potential to be messy and I would be so afraid of any powder falling on the floor and into the mouths of my dog or cat. I am a bit neurotic when it comes to my "pet children" LOL.
                    Enjoy your time off and I hope there is no snowstorms in Ohio for a while!
                    Beth

Thanks Beth...

I'm drinking my 5th Miller Lite here at work with my dad, (we're closed) before locking the doors until Jan 2nd...

I got a new iPhone 5 last night so I should be able to post on here from time to time over the next 10 days, but if not, everybody have a great holiday and remmember that most every one of us are either going through their 1st "clean" Christmas, or their last "dirty" Christmas...

We are all better people today than we were yesterday, including myself, and I have you guys to thank for that...

Without an in-person support system, you guys are my rock right now, and I appreciate everything that you've done to help me through this time...

By the way, the Withdrawal-Ease never showed up because of the bad weather in Louisville so my $30+ that I payed for "over-night" was a waste and I may not be able to get my hands on the WD-Ease untill I get back here in 10 days...

I'm trying to contact UPS to have it held for customer pick-up on Monday, but the Saturday before Christmas is not the easiest time to get through to them...

Anyways....Thanks to all of you and have a great week+ if I don't report back...

-Buck

Comment

hello Buck. sure hope u had a nice Christmas. just checking to see how ur doing on the subs. when u get the time please give us an update. hope everything is going well.

Comment

Finally back from vacation...

It was a nice break, but it could've lasted another week. Back to work stinks!

Anyways, I'm still doing good on my taper...

I'm down to .50mgs/day....this time last month I was droppin' 24-32mgs/day..

Hoping to drop on Friday if stable...

-Buck

*Can't believe how much I missed you guys while I was gone but I stayed strong...

Comment

Happy New Year Buck! hope u have a wonderful 2013.

ur getting down there with the sub dose and it wont be too much longer now before ur finished. keep us informed how ur feeling. glad u enjoyed the vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikker View Post
                            Happy New Year Buck! hope u have a wonderful 2013.

ur getting down there with the sub dose and it wont be too much longer now before ur finished. keep us informed how ur feeling. glad u enjoyed the vacation.

Thanks Kikk..

I slowed my taper a bit because it finally started to catch up to me a little bit, but not too much. I just want to do it right this first time, no matter how long it takes, and be done with it forever...

I had 2 days over the last week that I took an extra dose -- both were supposed to be drop days -- but instead of risking a full blown relapse I simply held off on the drop for 1 extra day..

It's funny on those 2 days how I feel extremly guilty for taking 1 MG TOTAL IN A DAY when just a month ago I would've thrown 1mg in the garbage thinking that it was just scraps...

I've came a long way, and I'm not going to stop now. I'm not happy to be back to work, but I'm sooo glad to be back to being able to talk to y'all about my issues...

I also wanted to update anybody that's interested about the Withdrawal Ease that I bought online. I finally got my hands on it on Christmas Eve after the bad weather in the MidWest slowed down UPS during the holiday season...

Anyways, the stuff is great. There is a daytime dose, and a night time dose (both all-natural) and it really does help ME. I hadn't really had what I would call WDs since I started taking this supplement until yesterday afternoon, and I then realized that I had forgotten to take my Withdrawal Ease. About 30 mins after I took the WD Ease, I felt great. More energy, I felt better mentally, and more than anything, it helps with the foggy head/headache/head pressure.

All peeps are different, but I'm just throwing it out there to anybody that might be struggling with withdrawals, or are scared to go through withdrawals. It seems to me to be a good product. It has L-Tyrosine, B-6, B-12, etc, and the nighttime has melatonin, valiun, gaba, and other natural green teas and so on..

-Buck

Comment

Thanks Kikk..

I slowed my taper a bit because it finally started to catch up to me a little bit, but not too much. I just want to do it right this first time, no matter how long it takes, and be done with it forever...

I had 2 days over the last week that I took an extra dose -- both were supposed to be drop days -- but instead of risking a full blown relapse I simply held off on the drop for 1 extra day..

It's funny on those 2 days how I feel extremly guilty for taking 1 MG TOTAL IN A DAY when just a month ago I would've thrown 1mg in the garbage thinking that it was just scraps...

I've came a long way, and I'm not going to stop now. I'm not happy to be back to work, but I'm sooo glad to be back to being able to talk to y'all about my issues...

I also wanted to update anybody that's interested about the Withdrawal Ease that I bought online. I finally got my hands on it on Christmas Eve after the bad weather in the MidWest slowed down UPS during the holiday season...

Anyways, the stuff is great. There is a daytime dose, and a night time dose (both all-natural) and it really does help ME. I hadn't really had what I would call WDs since I started taking this supplement until yesterday afternoon, and I then realized that I had forgotten to take my Withdrawal Ease. About 30 mins after I took the WD Ease, I felt great. More energy, I felt better mentally, and more than anything, it helps with the foggy head/headache/head pressure.

All peeps are different, but I'm just throwing it out there to anybody that might be struggling with withdrawals, or are scared to go through withdrawals. It seems to me to be a good product. It has L-Tyrosine, B-6, B-12, etc, and the nighttime has melatonin, valiun, gaba, and other natural green teas and so on..

-Buck
                              Hey Buck, Welcome back! Wow, that's terrific that you're down to .50. You're are almost there! Very smart move to slow it down. Sounds like you're really listening to your body and know when it's right to drop.
                              I, know first hand the "Guilt" that u felt from taking more! but, the main thing is what u did about it. At .75 for reasons unknown other than an addict brain I upped my dose bad for a few days. That's when I knew best chance for me would be to jump and just deal with the symptom as best as I could and now I am on "Day 7" Of 0 Subs - 7 days clean and it's beginning to get better!
                              I did what I had to do Buck, but I would not recommend it to anyone who can and is tapering lower like you. You will surely feel much better as u already know!
                              So, way to go Buck! Just a little longer and you're there!!!!
                              Anything u need just drop me a post! I'm root'n for u as u near that finish line!!!
                              Beth

Comment

Hey Buck, Welcome back! Wow, that's terrific that you're down to .50. You're are almost there! Very smart move to slow it down. Sounds like you're really listening to your body and know when it's right to drop.
                                I, know first hand the "Guilt" that u felt from taking more! but, the main thing is what u did about it. At .75 for reasons unknown other than an addict brain I upped my dose bad for a few days. That's when I knew best chance for me would be to jump and just deal with the symptom as best as I could and now I am on "Day 7" Of 0 Subs - 7 days clean and it's beginning to get better!
                                I did what I had to do Buck, but I would not recommend it to anyone who can and is tapering lower like you. You will surely feel much better as u already know!
                                So, way to go Buck! Just a little longer and you're there!!!!
                                Anything u need just drop me a post! I'm root'n for u as u near that finish line!!!
                                Beth
                                Thanks so much Beth...

I can't believe that you jumped after having the struggles that you had at the lower doses. That's fricken awesome. It only makes sense to me that if you feel like ???? on .75mgs/day, you may as well rip off the baindaid and feel like ???? at 0 mgs and get it over with right?

I'm so proud that you not only jumped, but have now went a week without dosing and you also sound more confident than you have since I've joined here about a month ago. It's crazy how far a positive mentallity can take you.

Keep up your strength and courage. You inspire me to not fail so I can join you on the flip-side..

Stay strong Beth...

-Buck

#MoreMotivation

Comment

Working...
                                X