Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtime Sub abuser, Gettin' my taper on...rapidly..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longtime Sub abuser, Gettin' my taper on...rapidly..

Hey Y'all...

I've been posting on other threads but it was recomeended that I start my own thread so here it is...

I am/was a 3+ year Sub user of about 24-32mgs a day until about 11 days ago when I got ripped off for the 3rd different time trying to buy Subs on the streets...

I don't know exactly why this was the last straw, but it was. At that moment, I said to myself "This is it. I'm done with this %$$%"

I have a very lovely wife, 2 small kids, and another kid on the way and I have no business taking Subs (I have no body pain) or wasting money on something so selfish and stupid as Suboxone...

Anyways, since that day I've been on a all-out blitz to get out of this trap and return to the normal life that I used to have back in the day. I just wish I rememberd what that was like..

My taper so far has went as follows...

Before Dec 1st - 24-32ms/day
    Dec 2nd - 16mgs
    Dec 3rd - 16mgs
    Dec 4th - 16mgs
    Dec 5th - 4mgs
    Dec 6th - 4mgs
    Dec 7th - 4mgs
    Dec 8th - 4mgs
    Dec 9th - 4mgs
    Dec 10th - 2mgs
    Dec 11th - 2mgs
    Dec 12th - 2mgs (today)

I will take my 2mgs later today, and then tomorrow, and then I'm going to try to drop to 1mg on Friday...

I have enough stashed up to finish my taper with ease and still have plenty left over. This same amount that I have "stashed" up would've normally only got me through 4 or 5 days, but would now last me over 2 months in a taper plan..

What a difference!

And finally, why I'm here, on this forum..

No one in my immediate life knows what I'm going through. Although I've been taperring at a rapid rate with sucess, it's still a very dificult situation to go through without somebody to talk to about it. This is not easy but I will beat this, and come out of this stronger than I was before this ridiculous habit entered my life...

Any help and or suggestions will be much appreciated..

-Buck

Hey Hey Hey Buckeroo....got your own thread ey? LOL....Good for you~! I didnt mind ya using mine...its for anyone to use if they want...I lay no claim to it...LOL......
    I was gonna suggest to ya, when you get done with your taper, and your DANG sure there are Zero Issues...(wait 5-7 days) if you have any of the Subs left over....Get RID OF EM!!!!! DOnt have them "On Hand" dude....too easy to just grab a Mg or 2!!! Know what I mean Bro!!!!!
    It would be like me having a few "Blues" stashed away...(30mg Oxy's)....so take my advice and Poop-Can em!!!!!!! You will NOT be sorry Bro!!!!!!
    And THanks for the kind words on my Thread! Yeah I raised my Son all by my lonesome...his Mom (a Topless Dancer, UGH....I know I know....lol) decided early on she did NOT wanna be a Parent, and left us when "Will" was 2....and Ive raised him ever since....I was a HArd Parent, Strict, and had LOTS of Rules...but I was Fair, understanding, and very Loving and Honest with him! And it paid off THREEFOLD! He is a Good Man now, 23 yrs old, in the USCG and just a FIne Man!!!!!
    Yours will be the same man....just dont forget to instill those "Old Fashioned Values and Morals" into him EARLY!!! THAT my Friend is what 80% of the kids now adays are Sorely Lacking!!! Most of them are Self-Entitled, Selfish, ill-Mannered lil %&^&$!!!! And its the Parents to blame!
    But....thats for an entirely different forum...LOL
    Have a Great Day man!!!!
    Hair

Comment

Thanks for the advice Hair...

After spending a weekend reading most of your posts throughout your journey to cleanville, it only makes sense that you used to be with a topless dancer...I kid, I kid...

Good thinking on flushing the extras...

At this rate, I will probably have up to about 12 8mg strips left when I'm done with my taper..

Comment

By the way, I know it's early today still (about 10:10), but I havn't taken my dose yet today and I feel pretty good...

I'm debating on making the jump now and ripping the band aid off all at once and sucking it up..

The thought there is just to rush the process, and "get it over with"

I probably would've already tried that and failed if it wasn't for you and Kikker advising me to slow my role...

I just find it hard to "make" myself take a dose, even if I feel good, just to stay on the taper plan, but the plan has a proven track record so I'll play it out and keep y'all posted...

I'm gonna kick this thing harder than the Buckeyes kick Michigan every last Saturday in November...

-Buck

Comment

Holy SMOKES thats a LOT of Subs you'll have left over!!!! LOL....FLUSH EM!!!!!! And Yup....I DO have an Affinity for Topless Dancers!!! LOL....Always DID.....Always WILL!!!!! LOL...
          Originally posted by Buckeye13 View Post
          Thanks for the advice Hair...

After spending a weekend reading most of your posts throughout your journey to cleanville, it only makes sense that you used to be with a topless dancer...I kid, I kid...

Good thinking on flushing the extras...

At this rate, I will probably have up to about 12 8mg strips left when I'm done with my taper..

Comment

hi Buck, glad u have the new thread. the thing is u have a HUGE build-up of sub in ur system right now. if u did take the jump u most likely will not feel any symptoms for several days up to a week or more due to that very long half life.

but just when u think ur out of the woods the symptoms hit and u don't know what to do. then u are really gonna have to ride them out for days or take more sub to relieve those symptoms....either way makes u feel like u lost the battle IF that does happen.

of course i could be entirely wrong and u be the one person that really blew right thru the taper and had no symptoms at all. it is entirely possible.

up to u of course...i guess i'm just very cautious when it comes to this stuff. no matter what u choose to do i certainly wish u the very best with it. clean is clean and how u do it really doesn't matter so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kikker View Post
              hi Buck, glad u have the new thread. the thing is u have a HUGE build-up of sub in ur system right now. if u did take the jump u most likely will not feel any symptoms for several days up to a week or more due to that very long half life.

but just when u think ur out of the woods the symptoms hit and u don't know what to do. then u are really gonna have to ride them out for days or take more sub to relieve those symptoms....either way makes u feel like u lost the battle IF that does happen.

of course i could be entirely wrong and u be the one person that really blew right thru the taper and had no symptoms at all. it is entirely possible.

up to u of course...i guess i'm just very cautious when it comes to this stuff. no matter what u choose to do i certainly wish u the very best with it. clean is clean and how u do it really doesn't matter so much.
              Cool cool..

I have a question about the half life..

If the half life can be upto 72 hours, than how do you still have any build-up in your system for a potential week (that's more than 2X 72 hours) and how would I have any more build-up than the very small dose that I've taken in the past 72 hours (about 4mgs total)?

I'm curious how it works and it would be great to here from some Sub-Veterans...

Thanks in advance...

-Buck

Comment

half life means that in a certain amt of time HALF the drug in ur system leaves and HALF remains....

so IF the half life of sub is up to 72 hrs (it varies as everyone is different and depends on many factors) and u take say 4 mg of sub in one single dose, then in 72 hrs (3 days) apprx. 2 mg of sub would be gone and 2 mg would remain....

then in another 72 hrs half of that, or 1 mg would be gone and 1 mg would remain. then it keeps repeating until it's all gone. so figuring that SINGLE 4 mg dose it would take apprx 25 - 30 days for ALL OF IT to be entirely out of ur system....and that's figuring a single 4 mg dose....

when u keep taking the sub daily that half life keeps building and building. so u end up with a huge amt in the system....

on Dec. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th u took 16 mgs of sub! that's 48 mgs alone in those 3 days. do u see where this is going? half keeps leaving the system, but u keep taking more so it keeps adding up. it would be very difficult to figue out exactly how much sub remains in ur system right now, but it would be a large amt most likely.

that's why i say if u stopped right now u probably wouldn't feel any symptoms for several days due to the build up of sub in ur system. i'm not trying to frighten u at all Buck, only explaining what many don't realize.

IF in ur case that half life was to be 36 hrs then those times would be halved and it might take 12 - 15 days for a single 4 mg dose to leave entirely. add more sub to that and the times drag out.

this is why a sub therapy program is suggested for a short term, and the induction be at the lowest effective dose possible. that would eliminate that huge build up of sub in those that take large amts for long periods of time. hope i made sense.

Comment

Buck, I can only reply about vics and those are a far cry from the subs. Vics have a half life of around 4 hours which means that it takes that long for the hydrocodone to break down in your system, so it takes about 16-24 hours to break down in your system. It takes longer to totally mebabolize all the drug in your system. After about the first day the fun of w/d starts. Now your body has to learn to live w/o the "poison" in your system. Vicodin w/d is like a very bad flu, and the worst parts are the lethargy, RLS, and insomnia for some.

With suboxone the pharmacology is different and it takes around 72 hours for the subs to break down and much longer to fully metabolize out of your system. The w/d symptoms are much harsher and take longer. Depending on the amount you are taking and how long you've been taking them. It is not so much getting the sub out of your body, but getting your body to function w/o the subs. Thus the sweats, RLS, lethargy, insomnia. Everyone is different. I do know that sub w/d is much worse than vic w/d because subs stay in your system longer and take longer to break down.

I know you want to be done and you want to be off of the sub as soon as possible, but kikker is absolutely right jumping off of 1mg. is way too high. But it is your choice. Best of luck.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Makes alot of sense...

I just needed it explained like that to me to fully understand...

I will re-adjust my expectations and stay strong throughout this journey, whether that's the next 2-3 weeks, or 2-3 months, or longer...

I will win this, especially with the help of you guys..

I really appreciate the knowledge and suggestions on the situation..

I'm not affraid of withdrawals. I'm actually challenging the withdrawals to come and give me their best shot so I can laugh in their face, but so far, not much...

I'm going to slay this dragon...

I wonder if I have a long half life, thus limiting my early withdrawals??

Either way, this is coming to an end..

-Buck

Comment

Buck glad to see you started your own thread. Im happy for you that your rapid detox is going well so far. Maybe your one in a million that can stop now and get by with it. Kikker and Rose both pointed out to you a couple things for you. I have read on this site and a couple of other sites a ton of threads and this is just my guess from what ive read. If you jump off now after being on such a high dose for a long period of time in a few days you will feel like a train hit you. I have a friend that was on 8 mg for about 8 months then tried a quick 1 week taper with 2 8 mg strips because she couldnt get anymore and she went thru hell. She was unable to work for a week and then she barely was able to go back to work the following 2 weeks. Of course i see you have a stash built up and you can always just restart i guess. Anyway best of luck to you with whatever you decide Buck. Im just about to head out the door now as im going out of town for a couple of days so ill check on you when i get back.

Comment

I posted my last post befor i saw where you had reposted Buck. I think you are makeing a good choice there.

Comment

Thanks for the advise Al..

Just got back from my lunch break...

I went to Kroger and bought 3 32-pack's of water, and a bottle of one-a-day vitamins...

New drug of choice........H2O

Comment

By the way Al, without being too specific, what part of OH-IO are you in ?/

I'm in central Ohio...

I'm guessing your a northeastern....maybe Youngstown area..

Comment

Just took my 1st 1mg dose for today at about 2:00...

That's by far the lastest in the day that I've went "without" since......forever..

#VictoryIsOnTheHorizon

Comment

Working...
                              X