• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can u send me the taper u did please

Comment

Originally posted by Mamashell72 View Post
      Can u send me the taper u did please
      Hi Mamashell - welcome to the boards! You will receive lots of help here, don't worry. I would suggest starting your own thread so you can easily keep track of your posts and others' replies. Have you read up on the taper plan by Robert_325? That's the gold standard for tapering as far as this forum goes.

Read through the whole thing as it answers many questions you probably have. If you're already at 8 mg for the past 5 years and are stable at that dose, you will start with your first reduction by only 25%. So, your next reduction will be to 6 mg. You stay there until you're stable, then drop again another 25%... and so on. It's very doable. And the people here who have done it and succeeded are extremely helpful and supportive along the way. I'm currently on my 3rd day at 3 mg and feel fine. I took subs (and Norco) for about 7 years so I know where you're coming from. Hang in there. But, definitely start a thread for yourself. It's the best way to go. Congrats on wanting to get clean!
      Last edited by Anonymous; 10-03-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Hi. Here is the link to the taper plan that people here use and have success with:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

I'm really early into my taper, on 6mg down from 8-12 daily, down from 24-32 prior to that.

I'm in the car so I don't have time to post more, but have a look at the link and see what you think.

Comment

Thanks for the support. I was able to get by on a .5mg mid-day dose the last two days. Heck, I almost forgot to take it. I think I'm going to try to move to .25mg today. Yes, half the battle is the habit of taking a mid-day dose and not the actual physical withdrawal. Thank you so much for supporting me.

Comment

Hi Yes,

I think it's very smart how you are tackling the mid day dose. Almost forgetting to take it goes to show exactly what you said about the mental aspects, so much is just habitual. The drug really is doing it's job in your system at the amounts you have going...it's just that darn addictive pull. Gotta be superwoman strong about this!

Trust the guidance you're receiving here, understand the potency and Half-Life of sub, dont expect miracles or to get off scott-free and just keep working your way down.
            ~ #one

Comment

Hi all, continuing my efforts to eliminate my 3x a day dosing schedule by eliminating the mid-day dose. I took .25mg for my mid-day dose the last two days and didn't suffer. Today, I am going to skip my mid-day dose completely and see how it goes.

Question: For those that take Subs 2x day, what is the optimal timings? A perfect 12 hours a part? or do you take your evening dose 8-10 hours after the morning? I ask given that Subs keep me awake and I'd like not to stay up so late. So I'm thinking of taking the evening dose 10 hours after the morning.
              Last edited by Anonymous; 10-06-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yes90125 View Post
                Hi all, continuing my efforts to eliminate my 3x a day dosing schedule by eliminating the mid-day dose. I took .25mg for my mid-day dose the last two days and didn't suffer. Today, I am going to skip my mid-day dose completely and see how it goes.

Question: For those that take Subs 2x day, what is the optimal timings? A perfect 12 hours a part? or do you take your evening dose 8-10 hours after the morning? I ask given that Subs keep me awake and I'd like not to stay up so late. So I'm thinking of taking the evening dose 10 hours after the morning.
                It's best to take your 2 doses 8-10 hours apart. So, if you don't want to dose too close to bedtime, try to dose at least a few hours before. Whatever works for you. May take some trial and error, but get on a consistent dosing schedule as soon as possible. Taking the sub at the same times (morning and evening) is very important.

I bet you won't even miss that mid day dose at all! Good luck to you.

Comment

If they keep you awake you might try 8 hrs apart and see how that goes. Or even 10 hrs thers no need to wait 12 hrs if your dosing 2 times a day. Nice to see your going to 2 doses a day.

Alex

Comment

I went without my mid-day dose today. Wow, what even a .25mg a difference makes. I was tired, irritable, hot, had stomach cramps and a bit of the sweats. I couldn't wait for my evening dose (which I took promptly at 6pm). Hopefully tomorrow will be easier. I'll definitely go with the 10 hour difference. Iwantof2013, thanks for the advice on staying consistent. I haven't really been consistent in the past so I will try to pay attention to the timings of the doses. Thanks to you and Alex for the support today.

Comment

I went without my mid-day dose today. Wow, what even a .25mg a difference makes. I was tired, irritable, hot, had stomach cramps and a bit of the sweats. I couldn't wait for my evening dose (which I took promptly at 6pm). Hopefully tomorrow will be easier. I'll definitely go with the 10 hour difference. Iwantof2013, thanks for the advice on staying consistent. I haven't really been consistent in the past so I will try to pay attention to the timings of the doses. Thanks to you and Alex for the support today.
                      Yes , Hello I have been catching up on your post and want to wish you the best with your taper . You have some great people chiming in with great advice here . I hope you dont mind that I say something about myself here and I apologize in advance but I hope to help in some way . I was on subs long term also and just two months ago I was bouncing from 4 to 6 to 2 to even 7 mgs ( coming from a few months at 8 and being on 16 over two years ) I would take at different times daily and even 3 doses sometimes and once I came here and started getting advice I started my taper and took the same amount twice daily at same times and after a few days I honestly felt better and continue to . I just went to one dose daily last week and it was totally doable . I hope this can be of some help and again I wish you the best .

Comment

Ken2727, thanks for chiming in (always welcome). Me too. I'm Mr. Inconsistent with my sub doses. Just depended on the day. I had never thought that it was important to stay consistent with my times and dose amounts so this board has already given me added-value over my own doctor. The value of this board is that those who have gone before us can give us advice that works and encourage us. God bless everyone who has already gotten off Subs but still sticks around to help others.

Today is day two with my attempt to stay at two consistent doses a day. I'm hoping for a better afternoon than yesterday but I can already feel my stomach cramping some. Just 6 hours to go until next dose.

Comment

I never realized how much I was "enjoying" the mid-day dose until now. Once again I am very tired and lethargic. Long day. 75 more minutes until relief comes.

Keep me motivated.

Comment

I never realized how much I was "enjoying" the mid-day dose until now. Once again I am very tired and lethargic. Long day. 75 more minutes until relief comes.

Keep me motivated.
                            YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Don't worry, I'm sure you're body is just adjusting. I'm willing to bet you'll feel fine within the next day or so. Also, SO much of this is mental. We expect to feel bad, so any symptoms we may have are magnified by that belief. When I feel like I have some symptoms, I do anything to distract myself .. ie, work, taking a walk, deep breathing, read a book, go run errands, etc.

Are you taking L-Tyrosine? It gives you extra energy. I take it with B6 and it really helps with the fatigue. I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Thanks Iwantoff2013, I was going to ask for a list of supplements that might help. I've been taking Crystal Light Energy as it really picks me up in the morning. I also take at lunch and sometimes in late afternoon. I guess i'm looking for a boost. I'm going to my vitamin shop for some L-Tyrosine and Vitamin B-6. I also heard B-12? Is that good?

And what have people used to help sleep that isn't addictive?

God bless you all. I am trying to meditate more and I want to pray blessings for you giving people.

Comment

Thanks Iwantoff2013, I was going to ask for a list of supplements that might help. I've been taking Crystal Light Energy as it really picks me up in the morning. I also take at lunch and sometimes in late afternoon. I guess i'm looking for a boost. I'm going to my vitamin shop for some L-Tyrosine and Vitamin B-6. I also heard B-12? Is that good?

And what have people used to help sleep that isn't addictive?

God bless you all. I am trying to meditate more and want to pray blessings for you giving people.
                                Yes, B12 is good too. I take a multivitamin/mineral twice a day, plus a B complex vitamin, potassium and magnesium. Fish Oil too. For sleep, try melatonin or valerian. Any OTC sleep aid should help too.

Comment

Working...
                                X