No announcement yet.

Suboxone Taper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on my 5th day without a mid-day dose. It's still tiring during the day, and on the flip side, the evening dose feels really good. Almost too good.

Now that I'm on 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening, what should be my next move? Should I focus on eliminating the evening dose next so I'm at 1x a day, or should we start dropping both doses some?

Comment

Excellent work eliminating the mid day dose. My next step would be 3 and 3 and wait until you are further along the taper and more stable before you go once daily.

You got this now! Stay focused and strong.
      ~ #one

Comment

Cool. And that's something I think I can realistically do (or at least drop the evening to 3mg tomorrow).

You know, before I started tapering, I was on so much of this stuff that I didn't crave it. It's now when it's lower that I actually feel it's effects more. It helps me (gives me a boost) when I take it and I kind of wish it didn't. God help me, i'm addicted to this stuff too. I just traded down to something more manageable (Tramadol was my drug of choice).

Thank you thank you for helping me keep going. Having this accountability is doing more than you know.

Comment

Originally posted by numbOne View Post
          Excellent work eliminating the mid day dose. My next step would be 3 and 3 and wait until you are further along the taper and more stable before you go once daily.

You got this now! Stay focused and strong.
          Yes, numbOne is right. Don't worry about going to one dose per day right now. Most people don't do that until they reach 2 mg or less. For now, if you're stable, reduce to 6 mg (3 mg morning and 3 mg evening).

You can do this! Congrats on eliminating that mid day dose!

Comment

Good to see you have completely eliminated the middle dose. I did my entire taper on just 1 dose a day but I agree with numb one and iwantoff in splitting it to 3 and 3. Don't worry about 1 dose a day till your further along with your taper. You mention trading one addiction for another but that's where the taper plan comes in. You wean down and follow the taper plan and befor you know it your ready to jump off subs. Following the taper plan is to get off this with as little discomfort as possible. I have been off subs since December and haven't taken anything else since last August when I started subs. Im an addict and will be till the day im gone. But im not an active addict just an addict in recovery. Im ok with that though. Good luck on your drop and keep up the good job your doing. Talk with you later.

Alex

Comment

That is great to read '' eliminated the mid day dose '' . Like the others I would not worry about 1 daily yet but just split your dose evenly and try to take at the same times daily . Get stable here with 2 doses a day then after a few more drops you can rethink it . Focus on ' TODAY ' today and let the rest come .

When I first started I was thinking too far ahead and it is just extra , unnecessary stress . You ARE making great progress so keep up the good work . I wish you peace and wellness .
              Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Well friends, I kind of failed. Friday night, instead of lowering my evening dose, I binged and INCREASED it. I was so damn tired and we were going out as a family to celebrate. My usual irrational self-talk told myself that I needed a break after working so hard at eliminating my middle of the day dose. So on Friday I went with 4mg in the morning and 6mg in the evening. I got back on track Sat & Sun with 4mg and 4mg. It has been hard to motivate myself to make that next step. I'm so tired. I must have really messed up my brain with all that excess Suboxone in 2012 (I used to take 8mg 3x a day).

I know I have made strides, but I was a) disappointed in myself for binge-ing; and b) not making that next step. I keep hoping my next dose is going to be the one that I drop. I just have to get myself motivated again.

Sorry to let this thread down. You guys have been so supporti

Comment

Ok So you get back up on that horse and do the next right thing. As addicts, it's all we can do. You have let no one down, so let's clear that up right now, we are all addicts: whether we are active in our addiction or not. DO not just give up. You need to get back to that 6mg. dose and you can do it! You are three days at 8mg. now, drop to your six. You CAN do this. As for being tired: L-tyrosine and b6. I'm currently taking a supplement called "triple boost" which is simply herbs, b vit's, l-tyrosine. The woman at the health food store said it worked great for her, I can't testify to it, yet. The next thing you need to do is exercise. That will do more for you than anything else will. Even if it's a simple walk. Yeah, your brain is messed up a bit, but you can do a lot to heal it: plenty of good food, water, pure fruit juices, avoid processed foods, soda, etc. and energy drinks. But I bet there isn't one person on this board who hasn't messed up, relapsed, whatever. The thing they did do was get back at it: do the next right thing (Robert_325's saying). You can do this.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Yep, pretty much Rose nailed it. However, i will add that you shouldnt be too hard on yourself, but definitely a little...a check is in order. What happened can be perpetuated and years and years lost. You have to want OFF like nothing else and do not allow anything to get in your way of it.

Also remember, failure implies quitting. As Rose mentioned this is part of the process all addicts must deal with.
                    You only fail when you give up. Get back on track, be STRONG and resist. Continue to reduce your daily intake and b4 you know it ur done.
                    ~ #one

Comment

Thanks everyone. I refuse to quit. I just felt like I needed a breather before I move on to the next hurdle.

I'm going to the vitamin store tomorrow to invest in that L-tyrosine that everyone is talking about. Also has anyone tried this stuff? I see it in the ads on this board:

http://www.withdrawal-ease.com/produ...Fc-e4AodiCAAMQ

Comment

Originally posted by yes90125 View Post
                        Thanks everyone. I refuse to quit. I just felt like I needed a breather before I move on to the next hurdle.

I'm going to the vitamin store tomorrow to invest in that L-tyrosine that everyone is talking about. Also has anyone tried this stuff? I see it in the ads on this board:

http://www.withdrawal-ease.com/produ...Fc-e4AodiCAAMQ
                        Hi there. Good to see you're back on track!

There was a member here who tried Withdrawal Ease and said it worked for him. If memory serves, I think his username is Buckeye. Take a look at his thread so you can read about his experience with it. It basically contains a lot of the supplements that we all talk about to help ease WD's. Good luck!

Comment

Withdrawal ease IMO is not worth the money spent. What you need is some L-tyrosine w/ b6. You can try some valerian root for anxiety and it also helps with sleep. Melatonin for sleep, helps many as does sleepy time tea. Pottasium helps as well. All pretty inexpensive. 1. must stay hydrated: water, pure fruit juices. 2. eat well: avoid processed foods. 3. Exercise, exercise, exercise. 4. Attitude, read some threads: Just about any thread here: subsnomore is a good thread. Also read the many excellent threads of people who are moving forward now: Iwantoff, SS's thread, Ken's, Iwill, and so many others. Another thing to consider is to find some counseling or NA, many find this essential in breaking addictive behaviors.

Wish you well and keep posting: your thread, post what you need to!

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Today I made the leap to 3mg in the morning and 3mg in the evening. It was finally time to move forward. I could tell a difference (really, really tired around 5pm) but I did it. I suppose I need to just stabilize at this dose now, right? Oh it's such a slow journey!! But I have come a long ways (from taking 8mg three times daily).

I also got a hold of the L-Tyrosine. How much do people usually take and when? Should I take it when I'm tired, or take it first thing with my AM dose?

Comment

Originally posted by yes90125 View Post
                              Today I made the leap to 3mg in the morning and 3mg in the evening. It was finally time to move forward. I could tell a difference (really, really tired around 5pm) but I did it. I suppose I need to just stabilize at this dose now, right? Oh it's such a slow journey!! But I have come a long ways (from taking 8mg three times daily).

I also got a hold of the L-Tyrosine. How much do people usually take and when? Should I take it when I'm tired, or take it first thing with my AM dose?
                              You are doing so well. Yes, you've come a long way from 24 mgs. Take it slow and steady and you will succeed.

Some people take 500 mg of L- Tyrosine, some take 2000 mgs. I take mine in the morning with B6, usually 1000 mgs. If I feel fatigue in the afternoon, I take another capsule. Try it and see how it affects you.

Have a good night!
                              Katherine

Comment

Made it through the weekend doing 3mg & 3mg Friday, 3mg & 4mg Saturday, and 3mg & 3mg Sunday. Saturday we had a long day and a longer evening and I was weak.

I see my Sub doctor on Monday. Time for another refill. I hope to ask for only 6mg a day and work down from that. If I were to make another drop in dosage, what do you think is the next step? Drop the evening dose to 2mg? Drop both morning and evening to 2mg? Or do I need to be careful and not jump too quickly? I do feel the sense of urgency lately after realizing how much money I have wasted on this. But I have to also keep my eye on the prize. Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                                X