Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Katherine,

This may sound stupid, but where can I find Robert's plan?? lol

Definitely only taking 2mg in morning, that sounds like the safe thing for me to do based on tonight so far.

And I am extremely touched to have you guys/ladies help me through this. It really means a lot and helps to know other people care...just a little mushy tonight...considering...lmao

Denise

Comment

It's all good. It takes a little time to learn how to navigate this forum.

Here's the link to the sub taper plan we all use:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Comment

Thanks a bunch..talk to you later

Comment

Smitty: Great that you got your subs. One of the things about subs is that you have time to get your stuff together regarding your addiction. Subs are not a miracle cure and are very potent. Subs have a much longer half life, around 72hrs, which is far more than the percs you were on. Be careful. You may be able to induct at the 2mg. mark which would be great! I would back off the ambien until after you stabilize and then only when you need it. The reason for backing off the ambien is that during your induction you want to limit any and all comfort meds if possible to make sure that the sub is holding you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

iloerose - Thanks for your advice. I am definitely here to listen and learn from everyone and to figure out exactly what works for me. I'm really looking forward to getting my stuff together as you mentioned and looking forward to the great things that come next. It is Day 1 (full day), I slept great last night and woke up feeling good too. I received a phone call of encouragement first thing this morning from my cousin, and it just made the beginning of my day wonderful. Just thankful to be able to start over. Have a great day everyone!! ttyl

Comment

Hey Smitty,

Glad you got some subs. So what did you end up taking today? Definitely read through the taper plan. There is a lot of good info in there. You are one step closer to freedom. Congratulations!!

Comment

Rose gave you excellent advice. She helped me re-induct a little over a month ago, along with Alex and Sharks, and I'm doing well. If you could stabilize at 2mg that would be so great. Keep posting! Have a good day.

Comment

I did 2mg this morning @ 7:30 and another 2mg @ 3:30 this afternoon. It makes me very sleepy about an hour or so after taking it. That is really the only side effect I have from it that I can tell. I feel fine otherwise, so I think I'll try to stabilize with that or maybe a little less if I can. I won't take the Ambien tonight so I can see how well I sleep. To be honest and as any addict knows, just having something to take like the Ambien is something I will struggle with a little bit. I always liked having a little something to help me sleep but I need to do this the correct way, so I'll refrain if I can... ttyl

Comment

Smitty: do refrain from the ambien. Keep taking your dose at the same time for a few days and NO other meds, PERIOD. It's very important to do this this way, we need to watch symptoms and make sure you're stable at this dose. What the sleepiness is telling me and hour after your dose is that it may be too high. So let's see how it goes for the next two days with nothing else.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Hi Rose... I didn't end up taking the Ambien...it was really hard but I did it!! I also took a little less than 2mg and I didn't feel sleepy this morning, so I really hope I am good to go for now. I still have thoughts of reaching for a perc throughout the day. I know that's only because mentally that is what I've been used to doing for so many years. I'm sure in time that feeling will subside and I can't wait until it does ttyl

Comment

Originally posted by smitty66 View Post
                        Hi Rose... I didn't end up taking the Ambien...it was really hard but I did it!! I also took a little less than 2mg and I didn't feel sleepy this morning, so I really hope I am good to go for now. I still have thoughts of reaching for a perc throughout the day. I know that's only because mentally that is what I've been used to doing for so many years. I'm sure in time that feeling will subside and I can't wait until it does ttyl
                        That's good that you feel ok taking less. Hopefully you can stabilize on 3 mg, give or take. Keep posting!

Have a good day.
                        Katherine

PS - those urges will likely be there for a long time, which is why it's important to get involved with NA, therapy, etc. so you can learn to change your addictive behavior/thoughts
                        Last edited by Anonymous; 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Smitty: Don't be messing with your doses right now. How much of a smidgen less than 2mg. did you take? if you're getting tired after an hour at 2mg. then only take 1.5mg. am and then 1.5mg. pm. Take at the same time do not reduce anymore either stay at 2mg. twice a day, or 3mg. twice a day. Subs are very, very potent, and they will turn on you if you do not do this taper correctly. You cannot take little bits here and there. You need to be on one dose for at least 4-5 days and then we'll drop the dose. NO ambien. Iwantoff is spot on: part of the urge to take something is addictive behavior and that's what we're trying to break here: addictive behaviors. So let me know if you want to stabilize at the 4mg. or 3mg., I think the 3mg. will hold you very well, to be honest. You can do this.

Comment

Smitty my name is Alex and I see where you have just started subs and it looks like your still inducting and trying to get stable at a starting point. Rose and Katherine have both given you good advise I noticed. Its very important that you get stable at a certain dose whatever that may be and to take your dose at the same time every day. I did my whole taper at just one daily dose but several start out taking 2 doses a day and whatever you are most comfortable with is fine. I am glad to see where you were able to get in to see a Dr on your first day of calls. Just curious as to what she prescribed you and how much she told you to take daily dose wise. You just started this 4 days ago so hopefully you are near the point as to what you need to take a day to get fully stable at and once your there can work on the taper plan. To me it looks like the very most you need is 4 mg and you might get by on a bit less but what is most important is that you figure that out and don't be jumping around. The plan should work out well for you but as rose pointed out they are very potent and can turn on you if you don't do this correctly. Hope to see you post tomorrow lol actually later today considering its 3 am. Talk with you later and my best wishes to you Smitty.

Alex

Comment

Really hope you're stabilizing and doing well. Give us an update when you can. Hang in there!
                              Katherine

Comment

iwantoff2013, rose, and Alex - First, I can't begin to tell you all how touched I am that perfect strangers are here for me as much as you are. It really means the world to me. Like I said, this is all new to me and I REALLY appreciate all of the support and advice I am getting from each of you. I have been been doing 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night for the past two days and I am sure that, that is the correct dosage for me to stabilize with. The first 2 days were a little rough and I could tell I was taking more than my body needed. The doc actually told me to take 2 of the 8mg strips, one in the morning and one in the evening. Although she did mention that it may be too much and it was okay to adjust it in the begining. So I plan to stay with the 2mg morning/night and I see my doc again in about 3-1/2 weeks. I do want to go to NA meetings, but unfortunately I have a couple of minor repairs I need to make to my car before I can drive it anywhere. Because of my addiction, my money hasn't been quite right in a long time. Within the next couple of paychecks I will have saved enough to get my car fixed and do other things I have been neglecting to do. Just to have peace of mind, a clear head and some money in my wallet are going to do wonders for me. I CAN'T WAIT!! Well, I've gone on and on tonight so I will stop for now and post tomorrow. Thanks again for being there for me everyone. ttyl

Comment

Working...
                                X