Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get appointment for 1st time Sub use

Hi everyone,

I am currently addicted to opiates and need to make an appointment to get subs. My question is, if I call for an appointment tomorrow morning, is it likely that I will actually get an appointment tomorrow and be able to start subs? I don't want to be going thru w/d's for a few days because I have to wait for an appointment to become available. I just hope I can get in right away. What has been other people's experiences? Thanks so much in advance.

I would call around. In my experience every sub dr is different. Some want to admit you to a facility, some will only administer in office once you are in wd and some will actually write you a script and send you on your way. This is the best option in my opinion. I found a dr to do that and was able to do my detox at home. And also the amazing people on this site can walk you thru induction. From what I understand of in office induction they can sometimes give you way more then needed. Good luck! Suboxone was a life saver for me!

Comment

Thanks Hope...I plan on calling around first thing in the morning. I hope I can find a dr that will just give me a script so I can come on here for help with my induction like you mentioned. Hopefully I will be able to come back with some good news tomorrow.

Comment

Hmmm I'm not all that into horoscopes, but I just read mine and this is what is says for tomorrow: "You've got one big issue to deal with today -- no matter how much you want to avoid it. Things just aren't going to work out until you have managed to put this baby to bed. Get help if you need it." Kind of a little strange, but just another sign that I need to get this done!!

Comment

Hi there. Good that you started your own thread. I really hope you're able to find a doc that will prescribe and let you be on your way. That's how my sub doc works. I have to see him once a month. But what he doesn't know is that I will never be back to see him again as I am currently tapering. I'm down to 1.75 mg per day and have plenty of subs for the rest of my taper. So happy I never have to see him again and spend $100 for five minutes just to get a script handed to me. Totally ridiculous. Anyway, I wish you luck for tomorrow!

By the way, if you aren't able to get in to see a sub doc tomorrow, what is your plan? I know WD's are scary (been there, done that), but the severity of WD symptoms depends on what you were taking, how much and for how long. A lot of people here have gone cold turkey using the Thomas Recipe and came out just fine on the other side. Just a thought. Good luck!

Comment

Hi..good for you. I wish you the best with your taper and cannot wait to be able to say the same thing. Soon, soon, soon!! I don't have another plan other than to just suffer through the WD's. I've been through WD's many, many times and I am not looking forward to it at all, but I know it's necessary in order to stop the madness. As soon as the doctor's office's open in about an hour or so, I'll be making the calls...wish me luck!

Comment

Hey Smitty,

Welcome to the forum. YOU can do this!! There are so many wonderfule people here who are willing to help and have been exactly where you are. Let us know when your appointment is and we can walk you through the induction process. Just remember, you need to be in moderate WD before starting subs. Make sure you score at least a 26 on the COWS sheet before your induction. Good luck!!!

Comment

Thank you whatsinaname . So far I am not having any luck with finding a doctor at all. They either don't take insurance or no longer take patients. This is very frustrating. I am currently on the phone with my insurance company, hoping they can give me a list of in-netowrk providers that take my insurance for subs. I'm not giving up until I find a doc or some other solution.

Comment

Any luck??

Comment

Originally posted by smitty66 View Post
                    Thank you whatsinaname . So far I am not having any luck with finding a doctor at all. They either don't take insurance or no longer take patients. This is very frustrating. I am currently on the phone with my insurance company, hoping they can give me a list of in-netowrk providers that take my insurance for subs. I'm not giving up until I find a doc or some other solution.
                    I never was able to find a sub doc that took my insurance. I had to pay cash for all the appointments. My advice is if you have to go that route. Try to get out with as much sub as possible. If you get enough, hopefully you will never have to go back. Dont give up and keep us posted.

Comment

No luck with finding a doc that takes insurance, but I did get a call back from a doc (nice lady) who said she would see me around 8:30 tonight. She only takes cash, but it is a lot less than any of the other docs said. Of course I'm broke because of my habit, but I asked my brother for the money and he is going to help me out. I have anxiety because of my w/d's to begin with and now I have more because of starting the subs. I've been doing percs for approx 10 yrs now (70-90mg) a day give or take, and it's going to be an adjustment knowing that I won't be waking up and reaching for that per in the morning. But I am really ready to this and can't wait to start my life over.

Comment

Great news.... I was able to go to my appointment tonight and the doc gave me a script for subs and for ambien. She was so nice and made me feel like I really mattered and not just another addict. I would say that I was in moderate w/d during my visit and I was with her for about an hour just wanting to go get the script filled. Anyway, I got it filled and I actually cut a small piece of the sub, for fear of not knowing what to expect. I could feel relief in about 10 minutes, but not enough to stop my leg muscle cramps, which were out of control painful. I took a little more and I am now writing this feeling pretty normal. I can't believe it took me almost 10 yrs to get the help I needed and wanted. I am also very thankful to have a forum to read and post on...thanks everyone for all of your stories, they really help. I'm going to try and get some sleep and tomorrow will be my actual "clean date" and the rest of my great life date too.

Comment

Thats so great! I bet getting in to see her and getting your script was a relief!

So how many mgs have u taken so far? You read Robert's induction plan, right? You want to induct at the lowest mgs possible. You'd probably be able to stabilize at 2-4 mgs. Everyone is different. Generally you take .5 or 1 mg to start, then wait 90 min to let the sub do its job. If you're still feeling bad, you add .5 mg about every 60-90 min until you feel ok. Not perfect, but ok. Did you follow that protocol?

Any symptoms still?

Comment

Hi Iwantoff2013, thanks for responding... I don't think I read Robert's induction plan...oops But this is what I took: I cut off about 2mg from the 8mg film and took that. Within 10 mins my muscle pain in my left leg started to subside just a little bit. I knew that it needed to subside a whole lot more, so I took another 2mg and now it has been about an hour and I don't have anymore pain in my legs but I feel kind of high. My hands are shaking a little bit and I keep talking and can't shut up...lol So I now know that 4mg is prob too much for me. In the morning I am going to just take 2mg and see how long that lasts for me. In the meantime, I'm going to read Robert's induction plan. I really, really feel F'd up if I must say so...and loopy too. I took some ambien she subscribed, so maybe the combo has me loopy...in time I'll figure it all out. Just sooo freaking happy right now, knowing I don't have any percs anywhere and I don't even want to see them. YAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by smitty66 View Post
                              Hi Iwantoff2013, thanks for responding... I don't think I read Robert's induction plan...oops But this is what I took: I cut off about 2mg from the 8mg film and took that. Within 10 mins my muscle pain in my left leg started to subside just a little bit. I knew that it needed to subside a whole lot more, so I took another 2mg and now it has been about an hour and I don't have anymore pain in my legs but I feel kind of high. My hands are shaking a little bit and I keep talking and can't shut up...lol So I now know that 4mg is prob too much for me. In the morning I am going to just take 2mg and see how long that lasts for me. In the meantime, I'm going to read Robert's induction plan. I really, really feel F'd up if I must say so...and loopy too. I took some ambien she subscribed, so maybe the combo has me loopy...in time I'll figure it all out. Just sooo freaking happy right now, knowing I don't have any percs anywhere and I don't even want to see them. YAY!!
                              I'm glad today worked out for you!

Yes, definitely read Robert's taper plan thoroughly. It covers most of everything you need to know regarding induction and the whole process. Good thing you didn't take more than 4 mg! We will all be here to help you through this process so don't worry.

Ok, so 4 mg so far, and it made you feel kinda loopy? Lol. Well, I think that probably means you can stabilize at a bit less. Too bad you didn't read his plan before you took your first dose, but it will work out.

If you already took Ambien you better get your butt to bed! That's stuff makes you seriously nutty if you take it and don't go to sleep soon after.

Hope you're able to get a restful night's sleep. If I had to guess, I would say only take 2 mg in the morning and then post to let us now what's going on and how you feel. Sleep well.

-Katherine

Comment

Working...
                              X