No announcement yet.

New to Suboxone-Want help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again y'all! I will add miralax to my weekend cleanse and pray that it all works. I am going to cut up my strips now and am going to do the 3mgs in the morning and 3 mgs at night...sounds like that is the best plan. I will still be taking my dose at the same time and evenly lowering by 1mg per dose. We'll see how it goes, but I'm staying positive! Goodnight and I'll follow up tomorrow. Any feedback is of course welcome and appreciated.

Comment

Kerr

It is a pain to cut the strips but it's not something you have to do forever. Also you can dose once a day if that's easier. In any case you want to try to keep the sub in your system constant so try to dose at the same time everyday. It's best if you split your doses in half if you are dosing twice a day.

Comment

Here is a video that I found helpful regarding cutting your strips:

http://youtu.be/D6nj_KNGMiY

Comment

Originally posted by Kerr3434 View Post
          Thanks again y'all! I will add miralax to my weekend cleanse and pray that it all works. I am going to cut up my strips now and am going to do the 3mgs in the morning and 3 mgs at night...sounds like that is the best plan. I will still be taking my dose at the same time and evenly lowering by 1mg per dose. We'll see how it goes, but I'm staying positive! Goodnight and I'll follow up tomorrow. Any feedback is of course welcome and appreciated.
          Kerr I think that splitting your dose into 3 and 3 will work out best for you in the long run myself. Best of luck on your drop tomorrow and I will talk with you later

Alex

Comment

How are you doing Kerr?

Comment

I am doing ok. The major issues are the exhaustion and constipation. I am on my third day of lowering to 6mgs. I have noticed a big drop in energy. I am tired by 11am and ready for bed by 7pm. Not that that's terrible, I always lacked energy even before the percs. I am also still waking up every hour, but thankfully I am able to fall back asleep quick.

As for the constipation, that is a HUGE problem. If I don't figure something out, I'm worried I'll be in the ER soon with an impaction, and the pain is tremendous. I've only gone 3 times in over 2 weeks and that's while taking laxatives, fiber tabs, stool softeners, 2 suppositories, and working out. It was never even near this bad on opiates.

I have read on another thread that the 2 mg strips may not work as well, what do you think about that? I was hoping to start requesting the 2 mg strips this Monday at my appt. According to the taper plan, I should be dropping to 4.5 mgs per day on Monday, right? What do you suggest based on your experience?

Lastly, if you don't mind sharing, what's your story...how long were you on them and how was it coming off?

Thanks for checking in!

Comment

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...ded-63293.html

That's a link to my thread, my taper lasted a little longer than I would have liked. It was a bumpy road. I started in April & jumped in July. I had been taking 80-160 OP (OxyContin) a day plus god knows how much oxy mixed in. If I had to guess 40-80 mg of oxy a day with the OP's. I get migraines and I have had access to percs for years but never abused them. Hubby has always had a problem and things got out of control for me about 2-3 years ago.

Have you tried Milk of Magnesia? When I get like you are describing that is the I only thing that works for me.

Yes, your next drop is 4.5, but only if you are stable. If you are not feeling good hold off for another day. Listen to your body.

Comment

OK, thanks. I will wait and see how I feel on Monday evening. I actually just went out and bought Miralax so I'm going to try that

Comment

Kerr was wondering how your appointment went today and how your feeling now. Constipation is one of the possible side effects of subs and I had it for I think it was my first 5 or 6 days then it cleared up. This is Monday night now and I hope since you posted 2 nights ago that things have gotten better for you by now. I don't know if you were able to get your Dr to give you 2 mg strips or not but im not aware of most people having problems with them strength wise. I know Iwillwin has had problems trying to use them and hes tried using them more then once and hasn't had good results with them. I don't know if he got a bad batch or what but others ive posted with and have used them never mentioned them not working for them. Will talk with you later

Alex

Comment

Hi there. Just wanted to pop in to see how you're doing. Hope that issue is clearing up for you.

How are you feeling on your current dose? Well, I hope.
                      Kat

Comment

Thanks for checking in! Unfortunately, I am still struggling with not being able to go to the bathroom even after several days of miralax, fiber caps, stool softeners, etc. I have gone once in a week, but it wasn't easy. I suppose it's time to do a serious cleanse, including a stimulant laxative this weekend

Today is day one of my new drop to 4mgs per day. I did five days on the 6mgs before dropping. If everything goes well, I'll drop again on Saturday (to 3mgs). I'm definitely tired and don't have that energy I had on the higher doses, but I'm also closer to the real me. It is at least getting me through the day and giving me just enough energy to do a workout 3-4 days per week.

I did not get the 2mg strips yet, I'll wait until next week. It will make sense then because I will only have to cut them once to equal 3mgs.

Comment

Your drop should be to 4.5 mg, not 4.

Trust me, that extra .5 mg makes a difference. There was a member recently who tried the same exact drop and realized it was too much. Going from 6 to 4 is more than 25%.

Don't rush this or drop more than recommended. It will likely make you feel some WD symptoms.

Good luck and take care!
                          Kat

Comment

Kerr you may be able to go from 6 mg to 4 mg and be all right but as Kath pointed out the reduction should be to go to 4.5. It could end up being to much of a drop and could mess up your taper. With the constipation problems your having to deal with at the time being the last thing you need at this point is to drop to much. Also you might have a little problem getting your Dr to prescribe you 2 mg strips at this point because of the short time you have been on subs. This is just a guess here on my part but if hes like most sub Drs he will tell you that its to early to start tapering. As for the constipation have you considered trying a prep kit that you would use if you had a colonoscopy scheduled for the next day? I had one about 5 years ago and if i recall right if that doesnt make you go then the next move would be to try dynamite lol. Of course you would not want to try this until you had time off work the next day. Best of luck to you and i will talk to you later

Alex

Comment

LOL Alex!!!
                              I almost died laughing when you said "your next move would be to try dynamite".

Hysterical!! Thanks, I needed a laugh today.
                              Kat

Comment

Yeah, that was hilarious! That's exactly what I plan to do this weekend. As for the 4 instead of 4.5, I did that bc I was worried about cutting an 8mg strip down to get a .5 mg piece. If you guys think it could make a big difference, perhaps I start with 4.5 tomorrow...it's too late for today. It's just not the most reliable thing to do cutting it down to get a .5 size piece, but I will do it if you think it's best.

As for the doc giving me 2 mg strips, you're probably right, but I am going to try. It's not their choice and I think he's figured out I'm serious about that by now...he's hoping the taper doesn't work and he gets to say "told ya so".

Comment

Working...
                                X