No announcement yet.

New to Suboxone-Want help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a couple videos on YouTube about how to cut sub strips. Just search "cutting Suboxone strips" and you should find it. Don't know if you know this already but wanted to let you know.

Have you spoke with your primary care doc about the constipation issue? Once a week is pretty crazy! Maybe there's something else going on. Best to check it out.

Kat

Comment

Kerr
      It's a little tricky but you can eyeball a 1mg piece, then just cut that in half and you have .5.

Have you tried milk of magnesia? I've been like you're describing, I was miserable. MoM did the trick and it wasn't as..uh...messy...as a laxative. There's also a tea called Smooth Move you could try..yes it's called Smooth Move.

The general rule of thumb with a taper is slow is better and it's ok if you drop less than 25% but more than 25% will likely catch up with you at some point. Better to go slow and fight with cutting the strips than make yourself miserable. If you stick to the schedule you really shouldn't be uncomfortable, if you go too fast you're running the risk of having to struggle throughout your taper.

Good luck with your issue, I hope you get things moving again

Comment

Just cut my strips and labeled the packages. I also took that .5 extra

I trust your advice and def don't want to mess this taper up. I am very susceptible to wd's so I'll do whatever I need to do to make it easier. I'll take 2mgs in the am and 2.5mgs in the pm for the next 4 days and see how that goes.

Thanks for the knowledge and support!

Comment

I just keep folding them in half, can even get the .5 in half after that its eyeball lol.

Comment

Yeah, I've been folding them also. So what do I do on my next drop? It starts to get tricky now...technically .25% would put me on 3.375mgs per day...can I just round that to 4? Then the following drop would be 3...and so on...

Comment

No, round the next drop to 3.5 mg. 4 is too high of a round up. Glad you took that .5 mg ..it will make you feel better and stabilize with ease.

You're doing so well! Keep it up.
              Kat

Comment

Glad to see you and Kath got a laugh at my dynamite joke. Like Kath said your next drop when you make it if you round it go to 3.5. After that dont even worry about that for now. Just stay focused on your current dose get stable on it then you can move on.

Alex

Comment

Kerr
                  I made an excel spreadsheet with each drop. If you're comfortable with excel you can plug in formulas and have it reduce by 25%. I had to break out 25% & 20% so I could decide what was easier to cut up. Just don't drop more than 25%, it's ok to go a little less. Just listen to your body and like Alex says, don't think abut the next drop right now. Just get through the next few days.

Comment

Today was day 4 of my recent drop. I did 2 mgs in the am and 2.5 mgs at night. No side effects. I feel great, although a bit tired. I am going to start my next drop tomorrow. Suggestions? I'm thinking 1.5 am and 2 pm?

Comment

Really glad to hear you're feeling well!

Yes, splitting your next dose the way you suggested is fine. Hope your next drop is smooth too.

Take care.
                      Kat

Comment

Kerr as long as your doing both am and pm doses at near the same time each day then splitting them like you mention should be fine. Maybe you should try to take equal doses but since you were good at the current dose with a bit more with the pm dose then >> say do it. Not to bring up an unpleasant thing but has your bathroom issue cleared up some for you. Hope it has and hope you have a nice weekend.

Alex

Comment

I went finally! Haha! It was quite the opposite of unpleasant Unfortunately, I haven't gone again since. I'm still taking the supplements, and still plan to do a cleanse tomorrow. I feel as though I am becoming too tired late in the day which is why I was taking the slightly larger dose in the evening, but even doses is an option...what do you suggest?

Comment

Kerr whatever you feel works best for you is what I would go with for now. Myself I did my entire 4 month taper by just taking a single dose a day around noon. At some point you will need to go to a single dose a day but that's once you get under 1 mg a day. If your getting tired in the evening maybe you might be better off taking a bit more in the am opposed to the pm. Your doing good with your taper you are ready to drop to 3.5 and have only been on subs for 3 1/2 weeks. I think at this point I was at 9 mg so you are way ahead of where I was after 3 1/2 weeks. Talk with you later

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Kerr3434 View Post
                              I went finally! Haha! It was quite the opposite of unpleasant Unfortunately, I haven't gone again since. I'm still taking the supplements, and still plan to do a cleanse tomorrow. I feel as though I am becoming too tired late in the day which is why I was taking the slightly larger dose in the evening, but even doses is an option...what do you suggest?
                              Not giving advice, just sharing my experience. My induction was complete at 2mg. I have followed the taper and dropped after four days to 1.5, 1.25 (as close as I could get) and I'm on day two at 1mg. It was suggested I try one dose in the morning as my job prevents me from getting away at the same time everyday to dose in the middle of the day.

I dose once a day at 6:00am and get tired at about 9:00pm. I personally like it because I'm sleeping good. Get up a couple times but, fall back asleep quickly.

I haven't slept this good I a long time.

Good luck,

Lincoln

Comment

Thanks Lincoln! I wish I started to get tired at 9:00pm. When I say I get tired, I mean that I'm barely keeping my eyes open by 6:00pm
                                Even before the drugs and subs I was a tired person, so it's especially rough for me. It is nice to go to bed early though. I have been taking a quick 30 minute nap after work which gets me to anywhere from 8-10 most nights, which is much better than falling asleep at 6, haha.
                                Last edited by Anonymous; 11-23-2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X