Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken has good solid suggestions too.

Comment

Okay so update from last night my vertigo is gone, we'll see if it returns tonight. Even if it does I can handle it. B-) Okay the part about telling my dr. Is I didn't have enough till I saw him for the second time he wrote it for 2 days short. Anyways when I left him a message I said that I needed 2 days worth till I saw him Tues -tom and that I wanted to discuss tapering off. So he sort of already knows. I see him tom at 12:00 noon. I don't think he would be apposed to me coming off them I just would be scared he would want me too do it faster that I'm ready for. What do I do now that he knows I want off of these? Should I tell him i want to wait a few weeks (how many strips will I needneed to finish 5he taper doing the 25%) or tell him I'm already tapering?

Comment

By the way has anyone tried the Withdrawal ease that it shows on the bottom of every page? I ordered it and have been taking it everyday. It just all the vitamin and minerals amino acids and things your body needs while going through anything stressful. I can't tell if they work or not but additional vitamins and the like won't harm the body. I was just wondering if anyone else had ordered and are taking them.

Comment

You can say something or nothing to your doctor; just tell him you are worried about long term use or something. I doubt he's going to try to take you down fast, if anything they tend to keep you on longer, so don't worry. I never took the withdrawal ease, as it wasn't around. So I can't answer for that. Don't worry about your appt. tomorrow. Someone will always be here to answer any questions you have. You're going to do fine.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Tonight no vertigo so that's awesome :-D I will see my Dr. tomorrow and let you all know how it goes. QUESTION, I put it in caps because to me its a huge question. Those of you who have pain whether from car accidents, surgeries, arthritis whatever it may be, how are you managing your pain? I know it will take a little time for my natural pain sensors to remember their job and kick in but what are you doing to manage the pain? Taking Aleve, Advil, yoga, physical therapy, meditation? I have found already that 2 Advil worked pretty good the other day when I had over done it bathing and brushing the dogs. Yet I am on Suboxone so I'm curious how I'm going to feel pain wise once its all out of my system. I've been told I will feel so much better and I want so much to just relax and believe that but I'm scared. I've missed so much of my life, my childrens and my husbands lives I don't want to miss another second. I don't know how much I want an answer as much as I'm just saying it out loud, I'm scared, not knowing what to expect scares me. Thanks everyone have a good night, blessing always A

Comment

Amy wondering how you are doing and how your visit went with your Doctor today. Your last post here you asked about how people dealt with pain issues after done with subs. Someone else can answer that better then me because my opiate use was strictly done just to get high. I did like that it made pain go away but truthfully i wasn't one that was prescribed pain pills and let it get out of control. For me it was recreational at first but as time went by it just got worse and worse. As for the withdraw ease i never took it myself so i cant say if it helps much but if its full of vitamins and minerals it cant hurt but just might be more expensive then a few things they suggest one takes while tapering. Another thing that is helpful is to try to get as much exercise as possible while you are tapering. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

Hi thank you so much for checking on me. My apt with the doctor went well he's pretty laid back. I told him about the 25% every 4 days and he said he would prefer I do it ever 7days and do it his way which is go down by half of the dosage every 7 days till gone. I am going to do it the way you guys suggest. He wrote enough for doing it 7 days instead of 4 so I will have enough. Now for my fun symptoms that appeared last night.(by the way night before no symptoms) I know you all said I shouldn't feel much at 12mg if anything at all but this is what's going on. Today is my 4th day at 12mg, last night it started with vertigo and then with aches and pains in my hips and legs and then I was waking up every 2 hours or so to go to the restroom (#1)(TMI alert) to only sit there and nothing not even a dribble. This morning all symptoms are gone except I'm exhausted. So I seem to only get symptoms at night. So I am going to continue going down to the 9mg starting tomorrow unless you all strongly disagree. I am not worried at this point. However I am concerned for the lower doses as I've read that's where most peoples discomfort starts. My doctor said I will be uncomfortable but nothing like I went through in withdrawal before I could start the Suboxone. I'm all ears on any suggestions and would like to know what you all did to make your tapering as painless as possible especially the lower numbers. Thank you all for listening and your support, blessing Amy
                Last edited by Anonymous; 12-11-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I'm confused he wrote for 21 packets of the 8mg/2mg Suboxone. I just picked it up and these are his instructions: take 1&1/2 films everyday for 1 week, 1 film daily for 1 week,
                  1/2 film daily for 1 week. Done. Isnt that way to fast at the end shouldn't I take that 1/2 srtip and cut it in half then the half in half then be done? Also I've been taking my doses split up so half in the morning and half at night. I go to 9mg in the am. Someone up in the above comments told me how to get 4.5 in the am and 4.5 in the pm. I'm sticking too the 25% every 4 days not the 7 as he prescribed. Will need help how to get it to 6.75 cut properly so I can take it divided into am and pm. At some point I'd like to just take it 1x daily. When and how to do that also would be awesome. I'm sorry I'm relying to heavenly on you all I just have never gone through this before and I have no idea what I'm doing at all. Thank you so much Amy

Comment

Tonight so far no vertigo or pain, keeping my fingers crossed I sleep tonight.

Comment

Hi there. Wanted to drop by and answer some of your questions.

First off, congrats on wanting to get clean! It's a huge change and takes commitment and patience. Your doc sounds just like mine. Total quack. He also told me many times that taking anything less than 4 mg is useless and I might a well go cold turkey! What a joke. As many people here can attest to, tapering down to the lowest dose possible is the only way to become sub free without severe discomfort. These docs don't know anything.

You'll be just fine if you follow the taper plan and only drop when stable. If you feel you need an extra day or two, by all means, take it. Symptoms are manageable. My doc prescribed clonidine to help with chills/sweats. I rarely take it but lots of people swear by it. It's a blood pressure med.

As for cutting strips, there's a video on YouTube. Just search "cutting Suboxone strips".

Read Ken's thread. He just jumped off subs and is doing well. You can read about how he handled the lower doses.

You can do this. I wish you the best!
                      Kat

Comment

Amy what Kath said about your Dr being a quack sounds true to me. The problem with most sub Drs is they are clueless about how to prescribe subs. As I pointed out to you they only have to take I think a total of 8 hrs online to be able to prescribe subs. If you follow his instructions with 50% drops and then stopping at 4mg I think you are going to be miserable. First the drops are to big of drops and second jumping off at 4 mg is way to high of a dose to jump at. Kath said if you need an extra day or two at a dose then take it which is good sound advise but in your case it could be a problem because you have a total of 168 mg to take and I did this real fast in my head but I think if you can drop every 4 days down to .25 you need around 150 mg. So you do have enough to make it if you can reduce every 4 days. One of the keys to doing a good taper with minimal discomfort is making sure your stable before you make a drop. If your not stable at a dose and go ahead and drop it can mess the whole taper up. Im not trying to scare you or add stress to your taper but just pointing this out to you. You might want to consider calling your Dr back say after 1 week and a couple of days and telling him that your not feeling well when he would think you had gone from 12 mg to 8 mg and maybe he will work with you on doing a slower taper. With the long half life of subs if you followed his instructions the last day you dosed at 4 mg you would have around 10 mg of subs in your system. This is based on a 36 hr half life which is close to what they say is the norm. Anyway they say 1 mg of subs is equal to about 30 mg of morphine so you would have the equivalent of around 300 mg of morphine in you. With the half life it would be like a Dr having a patient do this who is prescribed 300 mg a day of morphine. day 1 take 190 mg of morphine day 2 120 mg day 3 90 mg day 4 55 mg day 6 35 mg day 7 22 mg day 8 14 mg. So dont you think that patient would be feeling bad WD. Maybe you will be able to do drops every 4 days all the way down to .25 but I just wanted you aware of facts. Will talk with you later.

Alex

Comment

Amy,

I've had friends do exactly what your dr prescribed and have never seen it work. That's the reason I researched and found this site, Alex, Kath, Ken and others...

Roberts taper plan works. You have more than enough medicine to follow the protocol. Think of it like landing a plane. Slow and easy.......

I listened to these guys and have had a successful taper. Currently on day three of .33mg and Only have a week or two of being 100% tapered without anything remarkable to report other than it's worked as sold.

Good luck,

Lincoln

Comment

Congrats you are doing very well on the taper. Knowing you all have done the same taper and its been successful gives me comfort. I'm going to fill you guys in in just a little while.

Comment

Amy: I agree with the above and what Alex said is true: you cannot jump from 4mg. of sub, that isn't even REAL, you might as well as have gone c/t from what you were on. Follow the taper, Follow the taper. Check out the video that Kat recommended on cutting sub and if you can't find that, go to google and google "cutting suboxone strips". Another thing, you said you were taking your dose at 9 am. What time are you taking it in the evening? You can push the dosing farther apart than 8 hours so your dosing is more even and may carry you better overnight. I hope your day went well.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Hi all thank you for responding. I knew the second I saw the bottle and how he prescribed the taper he was nutts. Thank goodness I never have to see him again being I'm not an addict I just went to him because my dr said only certain dr.s can write for it. I wanted to stop my pain meds they were not getting ride of my pain so my dr said the easiest way is to take Suboxone. So I don't really know the dr that prescribed the Suboxone. I saw him the 1st visit then again the other day both visits lasted maybe 15 minutes ea. and my husband and I had to ask all the questions he was not going to explain anything just write the prescription. Its crazy to me how he's allowed to write for Suboxone when his way will put people in pain and discomfort. Thank God for websites like this where you can get real answers from people who have actually taken the medication and know what their talking about. I had a normal day yesterday and night last night.This morning I woke up with my back pain which I'll have forever and pain in my hips. The hip pain is probably a little withdrawal but not enough to stop me for starting the 9mg this morning (4.5 am & 4.5 pm) I took 3 Advil and have had a pretty good day so I'm staying the course I'll take my other 4.5 tonight. Like you guys have all said if I need to stay an extra day or two at a certain dose I can, so I'm not going to stress myself about it. The Suboxone dr said if I want to take it slower to let him know if I needed more. He should know better in the first place. I'm staying the 25% every 4 days. I don't take my doses at exactly 8 hours its usually more. I don't feel any difference taking it so I guess the time doesn't bother me. If you all could do this at the 25% and most of you have been through much more than me than I feel empowered that I can too. I went to YouTube like you suggested and there were a ton, which one do i trust to follow? Was there a specific one you all liked the best? I have 3 more days at 9mg then Alex said I go to 6.75. I will go to Google and YouTube again and see what it says on cutting to get the right dosage. I still prefer to get the instructions from you all but I understand that can get annoying for you. I may beg and plead however if I don't feel trusting of what I find LOL. I'm off to search YouTube right now. Everyone have an amazing evening, your all in my prayers, blessings Amy
                                Last edited by Anonymous; 12-12-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X