No announcement yet.

Woodys Subox Taper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a day. Was having a great day until my dad called all of us n the office. Was supposed to have our Xmas lunch today but got some of the baddest news on all of us.
    One of our employees was found passed away last night at his house from a self inflicted gun shot. Rob was a awesome guy and this is just heart breaking. I still think I'm in kinda shock mode and not really comprehending it as of right now.

Comment

I'm so sorry. That's awful. I can only imagine what his family is going through.

I'll keep everyone in my prayers.
      Kat

Comment

We'll good morning from a heavy heart today. It's so damn sad that it can change n a split second and u can do a damn thing about it.

We'll for the reason I'm on the board yesterday was my 2nd of 2 skip day and it was good given the circumstances. Today is my last dose I hope and I am done. So here's to a productive day I hope.

Comment

We'll giving the circumstances it's day 2 of being off the subs. Must say I'm feeling ok (besides littler lower back pain). It's going to be a long weekend as the funeral is Saturday and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it at all. Anyone care to talk at all?

Comment

I'm so sorry about these circumstances..especially during the holidays.

I'm here to talk. I'll be checking your thread often today to wait for a reply from you..

Comment

Hey... It's just hard. I knew I was going to be able to get off this stuff but didn't count for this hapinng. (One of the life test) it's just hard bc I was doing so dangum good I thought and BAMMMMMMMM this hits ya.

Comment

Believe me, I understand. Don't know if you've read my thread lately, but my friend and her husband lost their 9 year old daughter a few weeks ago after she was hit by a truck. The horror and anguish they're going through is unimaginable. I've spent a lot of time with them doing what I can to help. For this to happen at Christmas time makes it that much worse.

Yes, you're right, these are the tests. It's very difficult not to reach for pills during times of sadness. But, you will get through. Remember why you're doing this and everything will be ok.

Kat

Comment

Good evening everyone. Well its been a rather long weekend and well ya know. Today was my 3rd skip day and I don't know but I couldn't do it all the way. I was doing ok, BUT MY LOWER back today was killing me. I ended up taking a VERY VERY small pc of a sliver. I know I was supposed to take tomorrow but I just couldn't do it with all the circumstances and what not. I don't think I have messed up but would like to know that its not a bad thing what I did. I hope everyone has a good eveing and Ill be back in the AM. Good night everyone.

Comment

Woody, You are going through a very bad time right now. My son took his own life on May 31. It's hard, hard, hard. You need to slow down and not worry about your taper right now. I will tell you that your back pain may increase to a certain extent when you drop because your brain is so used to having something, and is telling your body that you need something, stress can convince you of a need to use as well. Right now you have to deal with the other trauma. Alex has told people: It's o.k. not drop when you are under such stress. The rate of relapse is too great. Don't be using slivers here and there either: that's addict behavior. I don't know where you were when all this happened, but you may want to delay jumping or tapering for a few days and keep to your current dose so that you don't have any lingering effects to throw you. No, it's not necessarily a bad thing that you did, you shouldn't be reducing under stress. However, reaching for an opiate or reaching for extra sub because of stress is a different story, and not a good idea. I know you have back problems, but don't use that as an excuse, you're going to have to deal with that w/o opiates anyway.
                    I am so sorry about your employee.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Hey lloerose.... I haven't been taking a sliver here n there promise. Last night was the first time I took a very very small piece n 3 days and the first time I kinda got away from my plan. To be honest I think it was n my head and it really didn't do anything it was SO small. I am sorry for yr lose as we'll. I don't know how I would react to something of the magnitude. I hope all is we'll on yr side and EVERYONE has a merry Xmas.

Comment

We'll today seemed a lot better. I'm hoping I can try every 3 days now until I feel really comfortable

Comment

Thank you, Woody, for your kind words. It's tough not to use when stressful things happen to us. I'm glad you are on track. Be careful of changing whatever it is you were doing: every other day or whatever, until you are not under such stress. Stress is when we say to ourselves: "I need this" and is what got us here in the first place. Yeah, this is def. head game time. Stay strong and make sure you are stable. What dose are you on and how many skip days are between doses? I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Every 3 days I'm taking a very very very small little piece. I don't know if it's doing anything but maybe it's just n my head.

To make all matters worse I think something is wrong with my buddy Bandit(Boxer) taking him to the vet tomm to get blood work and other test done. He's been drinking water out the wazzzzoo and the burping and puking and is really not eating his food ( only treats, raw hyides, and bread.

Comment

Here's the hard part: Get over it and jump, Woody. Yes, this is the mental part. Sorry no one has replied to you. But you can do this and then get your butt to NA, or counseling. Getting clean is easy, staying that way is hard. It's time to just jump!!!! You are holding onto the sub like a security blanket. Time to move on. It is mental and you will see that you will be just fine. POST

Now for the nice part: I really hope you had a good holiday and that you are going to have a CLEAN and positive new year!!!! I also hope that Bandit is better: don't feed him bread or rawhides when he won't eat, bread, especially yeasty kinds of bread is bad for dogs, the rawhides take a time to digest and may make him sick for a time and put him off his food. I know not giving treats to your best buddy is hard! I have one too, his name's Elby (I freak out every time something is wrong with him he's 12) and he'd eat constantly if I let him. He likes those dingo bones.

Happy New Year to you!

Rose
                              Last edited by Anonymous; 12-30-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Woody I have never replied before to your thread because when I saw your first post I saw where you were down to .125 and were on your first skip day and I figured you were home free and really hadn't paid attention to your thread but noticed Rose had replied on it today so I clicked it on. I hope the test on Bandit came back ok and hope he has recovered fully. I see where its been 3 days since you posted and you mentioned you were taking a small piece every 3 days now. Just like you said your self maybe its all in my head and like Rose mentioned this is the mental part. At a low dose of .125 every 3 days what you need to do Woody if you already haven't is to take that last dose at .125 and jump. Best wishes to you

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X