Woodys Subox Taper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodys Subox Taper

We'll my last bust to my doc was Thursday and he was happy it was his last time seeing me("even tho he said I was on of his good patience") lol in a good way. I started met taper about 3 weeks ago and today was my first skip day. I got down to .125 for 4 days and felt pretty good minus the little runny noise and small sweating under my arms but if u can't deal with that then I unno(just the way I was brought up) 8-). Today I stayed pretty busy but was kinda slow but still was busy. Took about 45 min nap and felt rejuvenated. I know I'm in the home stretch and I can smell it. I know there is gonna be them days where I just don't wanna be talked to and just leave me alone and let me work.(work for my pops at our roofing company) he is proud if me to finally get off after 2.5 years in sub. I know it's not that big a deal and some are far of worse then I was. At most I only ever took 4mg at the begging for about a year or so them took down to 2mg then took down to 1mg after a few weeks then down to .5mg after a few weeks. Now I followed the taper plan and now am on my first skip day today.So I Then decided I was done and the new year is approaching and it was my goal to begin with to be done by New Years. So I figured I would start my own thread so I could talk. I have no desire to ever go back to the way I was before. I have way to much to lose and a loving family of my own 8-). So in that her is my story and here's to a clean life from pain meds!!!

Bust was to be visit my bad. Typed all that on my phone ha

Comment

Wow, congratulations Woody! Keep posting how you are doing. And no, it is not a small thing: you were on subs for 2 1/2 years. That's huge! The longer you are on subs, the harder to come off. You sound like my family: down playing and sucking it up. That's a good thing in a way to have that attitude, yeah, you may have some symptoms yet, but not bad. If you need something for energy try some L-tyrosine with B-6, it will help with the "feeling slow" and being tired. Keep staying busy. Exercise is important and I know if you are a roofer, that you get a good dose of that, but in between times stay active. Make a plan to stay clean: you can never touch another opiate again, ever. I am so glad for you and your family. Don't know how many your family is, but your kids will really appreciate growing up with a clean dad! That is the best gift you can give yourself and them. There is nothing more important that you will ever do in your entire lifetime. Keep posting here and we'll be here for you no matter what! Post through the good days and the bad days. You'll be dealing with life on life's terms and on your own w/o drugs! Again congratulations!

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

That's so awesome!! Good for you.

As the saying goes, getting clean is easy, staying clean is hard work. Do you have a recovery plan in place? For instance..counseling, NA, etc? For a long time I thought I could get and stay clean on my own, but now I realize I cannot. I need the extra support, at least for the next year or two. I see an addiction therapist and go to NA meetings. Being able to talk to people face to face is a huge help.

I wish you all the best. Nice job with your taper!
        Kat

Comment

Iloerose My family is 3 plus 2 dogs, but my family of everyone is 44. I am already taking them vitemins. They seemed to help when I first started them but now seem to not work but I still take them every morning. I slept pretty good ln and woke up feeling ok. Back hurt a little. I took my dose about 30 min ago. So lets see how the day goes...

Comment

Are you doing skip days at .125? or did you just drop? Either way is fine, it's just depends on how you feel. Keep taking the vitimans, exercise is essential to get natural endorphines, etc. moving in your brain again. Drink plenty of water, pure fruit juices, etc. Stay Strong and you'll be there in no time.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Skip days on the .125

Comment

ahhh, very good! Congratulations.

Comment

Here's to me kicking a today's butt. First day of 2 on skip days.

Comment

We'll so far so good. Kinda just threw up but don't feel bad. I took 2x the L-tyro I usually have think that's what just made me puke a little 8-)

Comment

Was chewing a piece of gum. That was nasty lol

Comment

Yikes! Like you said, perhaps it was the LTyrosine. Hmm, that's weird.

Good luck with your skip days! You're kicking azz!
                        Kat

Comment

The L-T bothers some. Mostly, though it's jittery, but if you're not used to caffiene, could be the L-T made you ill. Keep kicking butt with this!

Comment

I was used to caffeine and have recently tried to stop drinking pop lol

Comment

Here's to day 2 of 2 skip day. I feel pretty good besides my lower back hurting a little( runs in family damn it lol) If I feel I dont need to take tomm I'm just going to jump. I slept pretty good ln but awoke at about 2am and tossed n turned for about 15 min then back to bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X