Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropping off Subutex from relatively high doseage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fiancee and family refuse to let that happen they think its like going back 2 square 1, despite having a partial script to work with

Comment

You mean they refuse to let you fill a Suboxone prescription? Do they know that subs don't get people high?

Like Alex said, even a small amount to do a rapid taper is better than what you're going through. I cannot even imagine jumping from 24 mg. Holy hell. If you have a script for sub you may really want to consider filling it. No need to suffer so badly.

I'm sorry you're going through this.
      Kat

Comment

Cough,

Like I said, the sr members will help. They have guided my taper from full blown using opiates to 1/64 of an 8mg strip in about 45 days.

1. Since day one I have never felt high
        2. From day one I have not felt withdrawal

My family was at the end of the line with my opiate abuse. Today my wife is 100% on board with the taper plan. She says things like "so glad you're back". We are happy again. Tell your family to read our stories. This taper plan is a vehicle to becoming opiate free with dignity and little discomfort.

Please, please, listen to Alex, Rose and Kat. They know how to guide you through a painless withdrawal. You don't have to be a marter.

You have the motivation, let these guys educate you and you will be comfortable soon.

Good luck,

Lincoln

Comment

Cough,
          I agree with everyone else that sub taper is the way to go.
          However......
          If you can't you can't.
          I jumped off a huge amt of fentanyl 3 years ago and subs were not an option for me either.
          You can do this, just take it a day at a time. It gets better gradually.
          I'm sorry you can't go the sub route but I am proof it can be done.
          Stay hydrated and move around as much as possible.
          I had dogs I had to get out and exercise and that saved my behind.
          I posted day and night here to keep me going with a friend going through a similar detox.
          Again....sub taper if possible...if not it can still be done!

Comment

Thanks everone for the kind words: here i am at day 11 and feel markedly better than yesterday. Again, taper not an option so just going to keep updating my progress.

Day 11: feeling better than expected. Was able to eat some applesauce and drink a decent amount of pedialite for once. Bones still wierd, rls still in effect, night sweats when i do nod off, but otherwise just a "meh" kind of day. The last time i felt like I was over the hump like this, i spent the whole next day puking so lets hope thats not going to happen again! Overall mellow, doing a lot of walking (it was high 60s here today, nice) and kind of just hoping to feel even better tomorrow. Man I am so jealous of those people that pay for "rapid detox"! How cool would thatve been

I think my main obstacle now is going to be staying clear of >>>>>>, which was never my strong suit but I'm devoted now in a way I was not before. Lets hope that amounts to more than just words.

Comment

Really glad to hear you're feeling better today! That's great.

I hope tomorrow is even better. It's hard to say where a high dose sub WD will lead, but I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Take care.
              Kat

Comment

Hello cough,taper taper taper,I'm currently tapering with the help of most of the people on your thread.they are amazing and knowledgable.I owe them my life.acceptance to the plan was the hardest.yes you are doing a lot so my guess is it's going to take some time to heal.try to get some more subs and take there advice.stay positive.take care ff

Comment

Hi. Just wanted to see how you're feeling today. I hope things are better for you.

Post an update when you can.
                  Kat

Comment

Originally posted by moonbuddy View Post
                    Cough,
                    I agree with everyone else that sub taper is the way to go.
                    However......
                    If you can't you can't.
                    I jumped off a huge amt of fentanyl 3 years ago and subs were not an option for me either.
                    You can do this, just take it a day at a time. It gets better gradually.
                    I'm sorry you can't go the sub route but I am proof it can be done.
                    Stay hydrated and move around as much as possible.
                    I had dogs I had to get out and exercise and that saved my behind.
                    I posted day and night here to keep me going with a friend going through a similar detox.
                    Again....sub taper if possible...if not it can still be done!
                    Your cym taper was epic...

I'm glad you are on the other side now....

It warms my heart...

Good luck to you coughx....

It can be done...dedicate!

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words and feedback it has been really helpful. Here i am on day 13 and I spent most of the day writhing in agony from lower abdominal pains. Guess the opiate receptors down there are pretty pissed now as well. After that subsided im pretty ok just sore joints and lingering abdominal pain. Need to get more food and excercise though this has really taken it out of me and ive spent the bulk of the last few days laid up.

I cant wait for this to end. Ive had multiple bouts with wanting to go use but did not follow through. I just want to end this.

Comment

Cough, hang in there. I do not have any experience with the suboxone CT method you chose. I am however really pulling for you. I get encouragement and a good feeling anytime I hear of someone eliminating opiates from their body. You reinforce my decision to get clean (almost there). Long term opiate abuse was a dead end deal for me.

I read everyone of your posts and hope you make it.

It doesn't matter how we get clean, staying clean is the key.

Good luck,

Comment

Thanks lincoln. Im still doing fine. Im extremely irritated at the length of this w/d. If i had any idea I would have never agreed to subutex maintenance. >>>>>> w/d always ended in about a week for me and here I am two full weeks in. I have 6 more days until responsibilities kick in again and I'll have to suck it up and join the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by coughxcool View Post
                            Thanks lincoln. Im still doing fine. Im extremely irritated at the length of this w/d. If i had any idea I would have never agreed to subutex maintenance. >>>>>> w/d always ended in about a week for me and here I am two full weeks in. I have 6 more days until responsibilities kick in again and I'll have to suck it up and join the real world.
                            Cough,

I was just reading some old threads and this one guy jumped from 24mg. His writing skills are very good and he describes the cold turkey process in great detail. I found it interesting and thought I would pass it along.

Read his story here: https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...ars-61013.html

Lincoln

Comment

Hi Cough , Ken here .

Wanted to drop in and say I am also pulling for you . I also have no experience c/t'n subs though not for trying before arriving here . ( I had too much sub on hand to get much further than 48 hrs. ) .. What I can say is I finished my taper on the first of this month and after the first week things started leveling back out .. Other than fighting a craving here and there I can safely say almost back to 100% .. Kind of rambling here but these are things that helped in my case . Many great people posting here have stated these already but they are really important in my opinion .. Drink as much as possible though some days are just tuff to do that . Pedialyte ( see you have that covered ) and boost or ensure where my best friends towards and at the end for getting the most out of drinking small amounts . Try to exercise in any way possible even pacing around the house to get blood flowing and endorphins firing again . I don't know if you like music but the last 2 weeks before jumping and first 1 or so after I had earbuds in with low ( ok sometimes cranked ) music flowing almost constantly . Anything that makes you laugh even if you have to force first one or anything to divert your mind from how you feel . I had to seriously cut my caffeine intake and it made a huge difference for me . Hot and I mean hot as you can stand showers or baths with a cool down rinse at the end so it settles the sweats . Of course imodium .

Like I stated I did not ct but these are things that helped me so hoping to help in some way . Sorry for the book . I think it is amazing that you jumped from that high of a dose and shows your strength so - Stay Strong .

Wishing you the best !

Ken

Comment

Hey there..just an FYI: the moderators of this site don't allow any encouragement of drug use of any kind, i.e. pot. They get a bit testy and may delete a post that talks about that kind of thing. Not always, but it has happened before. Just wanted to let you know

So, you're feeling better? I really hope so. I could never do what you've done and maintain my daily life so kudos to you!!

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X