Suboxone Detox Help Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dax,

How is it going? Are you still considering the taper plan?

Lincoln

Comment

Hi folks no worries about the thread "borrowing" . I am on day 2 of the first taper to 9mg. So far so good. You folks are wonderful people to help others like me out. There is a special place for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Daxter View Post
        Hi folks no worries about the thread "borrowing" . I am on day 2 of the first taper to 9mg. So far so good. You folks are wonderful people to help others like me out. There is a special place for you...
        Hey there. Glad to see you made your first drop and all is well. You're on your way!

You will be just fine as long as you continue to drop by 25% only when stable.
        Have a good day.
        Kat

Comment

Originally posted by alexnt View Post
          tat i looked and cant find where you started a thread. Are you sure you got one stated? Did not mean to highjack your thread daxter but am just trying to help tatsoul out.

Alex
          So weird. I saw the new thread started by tatsoul last night but it disappeared.

Tat...if you see this..sometimes threads disappear. Don't know why. Start another one
          Kat

Comment

sorry for highjacking thread bro. im new to this and just trying to get some more info... im gonna repost new thread now.
            thanx
            p.s hope u do well daxtor

Comment

No worries on the jacking. We are all in this together...

Comment

Update... Felt a little "puny" yesterday and woke up earlier this morning. Other than that full speed ahead. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnecho View Post
                  Dax,

How is it going? Are you still considering the taper plan?

Lincoln
                  Wierd.....this post got delayed for some reason.

Good to hear you're having only minor issues since the drop.

Good for you!

Lincoln

Comment

Wow. Felt pretty bad today until I took my 2nd and final dose for the day a few minutes ago. Forgot the feeling...

Comment

Dax: This is not unusual. Though you should have enough sub in your system to carry this drop. You should be taking 4.5mg. morning and 4.5mg. about 6-8 hours apart. Get a good multi-vitamin with magnesium and potassium. You're getting great advice here from Kat and Alex.

Comment

Daxter like Rose mentioned this is not unusual. Heres the thing about a sub taper to keep in mind. People who don't use drugs of any kind wake up some days and don't feel all that great sometimes. They just don't feel 100% that day for some reason. I have been off subs for over a year now and I have those days myself where I feel sorta blah like. When we are tapering off of subs if we feel bad for some reason it might have nothing to do with the taper but we always blame it on the taper. Plus part of the taper is mental also and we tend to over think things. I believe you are on day 4 at 9 mg now. Roberts taper plan was designed for people that were just starting out on subs and involved taking as small amount as possible to start out at. I am not posting this to discourage you in any way but you have been on subs for 2 years so your taper is probably going to take more time then a newcomers is that starts out at a low dose. In other words the 4 day drops might not be enough time for you. A good thread for you to check out would be the one by Ken2727 who has been clean since Dec 1. He was I believe on subs for over 2 1/2 years before he found this site and then started using the taper plan on here. For now since you look like today you were having minor problems I would stay at 9 mg at least another day and see how you feel before you even think about dropping. It is perfectly fine not to drop every 4 days. I was only on subs for 4 months and did a lot of my taper on a 6 day schedule. Keep posting how you are doing and start taking the supplements Rose suggested now while you are tapering. Also any extra exercise you can get start getting while your tapering as it will pay off in the long road. Will talk to you later

Alex

Comment

Hello and welcome here Daxter .

Glad to see someone else who decided to get off this sub merry go round ( mean long term ) . You have some great people advising you here so I just wanted to give you my best wishes beating this . Like Alex said I was on subs for what wound up being right at 3 years ( over two on 16 mgs ) and used Roberts plan and the advice here successfully to get off Dec 1rst . It may not always be easy but it is very doable in my opinion so trust in this site and those posting to help you along . Like many have said before it may take a bit longer since you where on a higher dose for a longer time frame . Again, You have my best wishes !

Peace ,

Ken

Comment

Thanks everyone. Better today. I went from 9mg to 6.75 starting today (hope my math was right). Still on course...

Comment

Hi Dax listen to these guys and girls there great.you have been on subs for a long time therefore it will take you a little bit longer to get off but well worth it in the end .take care ff

Comment

OK my first day at 5mg. So far so good. Someone please confirm my math as it is not my specialty. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X