Suboxone Detox Help Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suboxone Detox Help Please...

Hi I was on Hydrocodone 10's for about 2 years. I have herniated disks and also had epidural injections. The most I took was 6 per day of the Hydro 10's. After a while it started to get out of control. My Psychiatrist put me on Suboxone and I have been on it for 2 years. I take 1.5 strips per day (2 MG Strips I believe). Can someone please recommend a detox schedule? When I ask my psychiatrist he avoids the question. I know 1.5 strips is not a lot but I feel like after 2 years it is going to "hurt" coming off. Thanks in advance.

Hi, and welcome.

There's a fantastic sub taper plan most of us use to get off subs. It was written by a retired member -- Robert_325. You can find it on this site. Please read it well.

Are you sure your strips are 2 mg? So you're taking 3 mg per day? Let me know and we'll go from there.

We're here to help you through your taper. You've come to the right place
    Kat

Comment

Kat thanks so much. I am looking at the film package and it says "Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone) sublingual film 8mg/2mg". I take a half a strip 3x a day. So 1.5 strips per day. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

So you're taking 8 mg strips? Half an 8 mg strip x 3 would be 12 mg. I can't believe your doc has you on such a high dose. Although, most sub docs are clueless and generally have their patients on doses which are highly unnecessary.

Ok, well, you'll start your taper there..at 12 mg. If you're stable at that dose, your first 25% reduction will be to 9 mg per day. Subs are very strong and have a very long half life so you probably won't even feel the difference in dosage.

Were you able to look over the taper plan? I'll link it to you if you can't find it, but I'll have to get on my laptop first.

Comment

Daxter welcome to the forums. Kath suggested you look over the taper plan and I don't know if you did or not. I would put the link to it here but I never have known how to copy a link and paste it or whatever you do to put it here. If you look at the thread by Ken2727 the very first message on it has the link to it. I really have to second what Kath said about most Doctors being clueless when it comes to prescribing suboxone and yours is a perfect example. That is a ridiculous amount for someone who was taking 60 mgs of hydro a day. Anyway theres nothing you can do about it now but start the taper plan. My very best wishes to you and keep posting for any questions that you have.

Alex

Comment

Daxtar,

Welcome, The taper plan? It works! I started my taper on November 8th 2013, took my last suboxone dose on jan 1st 2014 and have not found it necessary to consume any opiates since. My opiate dependency was daily dose of 100 mg of Vicodin for several years. Once I came across the taper plan I started a thread and received guidance from these guys.

Taper plan: https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

It really does work,

Good luck my friend, you are in good hands.

Lincoln
            Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Wow thanks. I thought I was on a low dose... Yes please link the write up. I have searched and cannot find it.

Comment

OK I read the write up and it was very informative. Tell me if I should not do this but my first taper takes me from 12mg per day to 9mg. Since the strips I have are 8mg is it ok to just try to start my first taper at 8mg (one strip)? It would be easier and less cutting. Thank you all so much for the help here.

Comment

I personally wouldn't reduce to 8 mg since its more than a 25% drop as recommended by the taper plan, but it's up to you.

One strip is already 8 mg so no cutting is required. Then, cut a small piece from a new strip ..a 1 mg piece. There's a great video on YouTube which shows how to cut strips. It was made by HarrySmooth, one of the members here. Check it out!

Also, you can dose once a day or split your doses evenly into 2 doses. Take at the same time every day.

Kat
                  Last edited by Anonymous; 01-29-2014, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Kat thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Comment

help

I am notsure how this site works... I have posted several questions but not sure if I am doing it right or know how to check replies. I am trying to taper off suboxone... I have read alot of good stuff on this site and have been able to taper down to 1mg. But I take it .25mg four times a day. I am wondering if I should take 1mg in morning insted or when I taper next go to .25 three times a day. Please help

Comment

Originally posted by tatsoul View Post
                        I am notsure how this site works... I have posted several questions but not sure if I am doing it right or know how to check replies. I am trying to taper off suboxone... I have read alot of good stuff on this site and have been able to taper down to 1mg. But I take it .25mg four times a day. I am wondering if I should take 1mg in morning insted or when I taper next go to .25 three times a day. Please help
                        Hi. The best thing to do is start your own thread here on the Suboxone board. That way, we can reply to you personally.

First off, you should not dose 4 times a day. Only twice a day, max. Or you could dose once a day.

If you're stable at 1 mg, your next drop will be to .75 mg.

Start your thread and we'll take it from there.
                        Kat

Comment

Tat, go here and click+ new thread to start your own thread. https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

Tell us about you and your goal of becoming opiate free.

Lincoln

Comment

thanx.. i think i started my own thread

Comment

thanx.. i think i started my own thread
                              tat i looked and cant find where you started a thread. Are you sure you got one stated? Did not mean to highjack your thread daxter but am just trying to help tatsoul out.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X