No announcement yet.

2mg a day sub user ready to taper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trm good to see that your doing well with your taper and that you are going to start attending NA meetings again. Getting clean is just the beginning of living a drug free life. The saying getting clean is easy it staying clean that is hard is so very true. Keep up the good job and I will talk with you later.

Alex

Comment

Hello trm,learning how to cut them to proper size was half the battle once you figure it out it takes alittle stress off.as you have heard it is very important to cut only by 25 percent each time.good luck and stay busy.ff

Comment

hello again,
        thanx for everyone posting and the encouragement !!
        Day 1 on my taper to 1.25mg, and man u guys weren't kidding it is getting harder to cut those little suckers into such small pieces, but I got some manicure scissor last nite and cut enough for the next 3 days, and stored them in a $.98 pill keeper I found at walmart, so I'm ready and not tempted to take more than needed. Today I was fine, just another headache, but drank lots of water and had my ib 800 mg on hand which help.
        I was able to work a full day and some OT. My mood is normal and positive and I'm getting ready to exercise to feel even better. I'm real confident about this taper, but if I'm being honest , a little apprehensive about what is going to happen when I taper down below 1mg and or make that final jump. Should I do it on the weekend, or for the most part people able to still work and function normally during the whole process? My biggest worry is work, as things are super busy and I must keep up my stamina and be focused and alert!!,.........Hey just a thought what do I do with all these subs once I'm done and jumped ?? I wish I could donate them to like a detox place or rehab center, seems such a waste to just throw them away, I have read so many stories about people not having enough subs, and not being able to afford them and I have like 120 at my disposable for free!, Seems unfair I wish there was a way I could help others with them ... anyway if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.. maybe sell them on E-bay lol j/k about the ebay part.

Ok everyone I wish u all well !!!
        Trm27

Comment

Originally posted by trmin8ter27 View Post
          hello again,
          thanx for everyone posting and the encouragement !!
          Day 1 on my taper to 1.25mg, and man u guys weren't kidding it is getting harder to cut those little suckers into such small pieces, but I got some manicure scissor last nite and cut enough for the next 3 days, and stored them in a $.98 pill keeper I found at walmart, so I'm ready and not tempted to take more than needed. Today I was fine, just another headache, but drank lots of water and had my ib 800 mg on hand which help.
          I was able to work a full day and some OT. My mood is normal and positive and I'm getting ready to exercise to feel even better. I'm real confident about this taper, but if I'm being honest , a little apprehensive about what is going to happen when I taper down below 1mg and or make that final jump. Should I do it on the weekend, or for the most part people able to still work and function normally during the whole process? My biggest worry is work, as things are super busy and I must keep up my stamina and be focused and alert!!,.........Hey just a thought what do I do with all these subs once I'm done and jumped ?? I wish I could donate them to like a detox place or rehab center, seems such a waste to just throw them away, I have read so many stories about people not having enough subs, and not being able to afford them and I have like 120 at my disposable for free!, Seems unfair I wish there was a way I could help others with them ... anyway if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.. maybe sell them on E-bay lol j/k about the ebay part.

Ok everyone I wish u all well !!!
          Trm27
          Trm I already mentioned this to you but am going to again. I never felt any of my drops even when I got below 1 mg and all the way down to .20. I never had to miss a single day of work and there are several others including Linc that did not either. Just follow the taper and always make sure you are stable befor dropping and you will be ok. My symptoms when I jumped were very minimal and very tolerable. As for the extra subs most people just throw them away or have a burn party with them. Talk with you later.

Alex

Comment

I know how you feel, it's scary because in terms of withdrawal and traditional opiates, less is bad and more good. Subs are the opposite. I don't know why, but less is better. I'm pretty sure Alex told me that one.

I got all worked up mentally about dropping below 1mg. As long as we are stable for at least 4 days and drop at most 25% the taper is smooth. Like I said before other than a few headaches. Everything was fine. I never missed a day of work and my performance increased dramatically during and after the taper.

Like Alex said NA is a great tool. During my taper the guys convinced me to try a couple meeting. It was amazing how my perception of recovery changed when I stopped taking pills. I'm not suggesting you dive into service and hit meetings day and night. A couple a week is a good start.

Anyway, your doing great. A couple headaches pales in comparison to full blown WD.

Keep up the good work.

Lincoln

Comment

good evening everyone,
              day 2 of 1.25 mg taper, again nothing bad to report, didn't even have a headache, today and yes Alex I do believe u have mentioned to me a couple of times that as long as I stick with the taper it should end well with no work missed I think I just need some reminders to keep me positive about it and not worrying so much. I do think that because I've only used dosed once a day throughout this whole taper, will help when I jump since I dose at like 8am in the morn and have nothing the rest of the day. I do believe as everyone says the hardest part will be mostly mental so I will try a couple of meetings as planned. Hey someone mentioned about an online support N/A type group as well (besides this awesome one of course ) I think its called smart recovery or something ?? Has anyone tried this or is the general consensus its best to go to meetings in person?? Well again thanks for the encouragement , I'm doing good I think I felt a slight bit of chills and coldness again nothing at all noteworthy (for anyone reading this ready to do their own taper) and 150 times better than true opiate w/d , ur right Lincoln !! I'm getting anxious now to be done with the subs entirely so I can start counting my true clean days, today is 158 of no pills so I fell good about that, but will feel great when it's 155 of no pills and no subs !!!, wishing everyone well .

Trm27

Comment

I know a lot of people will say its best to go to face to face meetings like NA or AA, and I agree. But, I have experience with Smart Recovery and I love their program. It's actually not like a 12 step program. Most people prefer one or the other because they're two very different programs. I use both just to stay motivated.

Smart stands for self management and recovery training. They have online meetings every day. It's pretty cool. There are some face to face meetings but they're few and far between. Smart teaches you how to change addictive behaviors and thinking. Check it out!

Kat

Comment

kat, thanx I will, it must have been one of ur posts where I read about smart, come to think of it so thank u for the tip !!
                  So day 3 of 1.25 mg of sub, no physical or w/d issues at all, did have some major aggravation at work, so afterwards, while driving home I had to do some mental relaxation and clear my mind of all issues and left my stress at work where it belongs!! I didn't have any sort of craving for pills so that was good as I have mentioned in previous posts, the thought of pills does not make me yearn, but really sad ashamed, and angry at myself, so for the past couple of months I have not allowed myself to think of the past and what I did, but focus on the day, to keep me positive and strong, I'm re-learning how to live everyday, emotion, problem , and anything in my life w/o popping a pill and I definitely prefer this way of living !!!, Well off to exercise and decompress even more! thanx for reading !!
                  Trm27

Comment

Good to see your taper is going along well for you Trm. You mention focusing on the present and that is what I try to do myself. We cant change the past but we can avoid going back to that way of life. You are doing very well so keep it up and keep posting your progress as you move ahead. Talk with you later.

Alex

Comment

hello day 4 of 1.25 mg taper,
                      Well I'm good, worked another full day, I felt slightly clammy this morn, about an hr before my dose, but nothing I couldn't handle, and went away pretty quickly after I dosed, I had a slight runny nose last nite, but I went walking and it was kind of cold, so it could have very well been that, but exercising helps soo much it totally keeps my mood good and energy high. I think next payday I will invest the L-tes, or something ?? what's it called again? It has been recommended several times on other posts I have read for energy, and there was something else I can't remember, ...kat if u read this, or if anyone is reading this and knows the vitamins I am talking about could u please post them for me?? Overall this taper is going really well, I remain positive for the end of it. Tomorrow I will go ahead and drop to 1mg. I already have the strips cut and ready to go!.... I do have one more dumb question I did re-read the Robert_325 taper plan again in full, but am a little confused on what I drop to after the 1mg ?? I know it says 25 %, every 4 days or until stable, so after the 1mg I go to .75 correct (3/4) of a 1mg strip?? and then .5, (1/2) of a 1mg strip, and then .25 (1/4) of the 1mg strip, and then start skipping days right ?? what exactly is .125 tho?? Sorry guys I suck at math !, so please post responses thanx again for reading

Trm27

Comment

So glad to see things are well!

The supplement you asked about is called L-Tyrosine. Gotta take it with B6 for it to work properly.

From 1 mg go to .75 mg. From there, some people drop to .675 mg first because going from .75 to .5 is slightly more than 25% -- but that's up to you. From .5 mg you drop to .375 mg, then to .25 mg.

Some people skip days after stabilizing at .25 mg, others go to .125 mg (which is half of a .25). Up to you depending on how you feel.

Listen to your body throughout the taper and you will know what to do.

All the best,
                        Kat

Comment

trm i see Kath already gave you the name of the supplement you were asking about. I also took a mutivitamin/multimineral supplement a day and also a balanced B-100 compex a day and took a couple of potassium pills a day while i was tapering. You are correct in going to 1 mg next drop followed by .75. When you get to .75 we can figure out then what you should try nest drop. You are doing great and i just want to remind you of one thing. Make sure you are completely stable before you do any of your drops. If you feel you need an extra day at a dose before dropping then take the extra day. Dont worry for now about future drops as we can deal with them as they approach. I plan on being around here for the rest of your taper. Once i start following someones taper i always love watching them get closer and closer to being sub free. Talk with you later.

Alex

Comment

Alex and Kat
                            thanks guys for the info. I am making a list of the vitamins so next payday ill go right to the store Can I Get them at Wal-Mart or should I go to like GNC, CVS or Walgreens ???

Day 1 of 1mg was fine, I hot like two hot flashes that went way as quickly as they came and that was it.

The closer I get the more excited I get and anxious to be done. I am truly grateful for the subs and I will strongly endorse them to anyone intending to use the most minimal dose and for what they are intended for , to help get through narcotic w/d and be completely drug free !!!

I know as addicts we are supposed to take it one day at a time and enjoy and celebrate each sober day we have, and I know I am not considered completely clean until I stop the subs, but I'm grateful for the life tools it has allowed me to start developing. Like no more chasing pills, spending a fortune, and popping all day long just to get through the day, no more morning "oxy hangovers", with cottonmouth, nausea, and headaches, and trying to wake up through a fog of cloudiness while feeling like there are led weights on ur eyelids that won't allow them to open. I don't miss catching myself nodding off in the middle of a normal activity, like watching tv, sitting straight up, with my mouth wide open and droll coming out. I don't miss watching with absolute self disgust and envy people around me living life sober, paying their bills on time, and being happy while I look down in shame wondering if they know my horrible secret, if they can see inside my head that I'm an addict. No more waking up and hating myself every moment of the day constantly living a lie and fall asleep every nite with the thought in my head "Will I wake up in the morning or will this be the nite the pills finally get me???. .... It's wonderful to like and respect myself again to know I am worth something, I deserve to be one of those people I envied for so long , I'm finding myself again and I feel great......OH WOW here come the tears LOL. ...I'm sorry guys to go off on a tangent, but I've been feeling sooo many things through out the last couple of months, good feelings that I was so numb too while using, so sometimes out of nowhere I get teary eyed and I don't even know why LOL ???? Ok, Ok enough of taking everyone's time, but again day 1 of 1mg was another good day !!! thanx again for reading I wish everyone a happy and sober life !

Comment

day 2 of 1mg taper feeling fine I exercised and walked for an hr totally cleared my head I read some recent posts of ruth's the artists thread and WOW !!! Talk about an, eye -opening, punch-in-ur gut reality check that was very much needed!! That women really knows her s**t to say the least !! I thought about her words my whole walk and realize I do have a long, long, road ahead of me, but again I feel completely ready and have never wanted anything more in my life than to be and stay clean !!! She also mentioned Phillip Seymour Hoffman who happened to be one of my fav actors, he was brilliant, but even him, a famous, awesomely talented, rich successful person can succumb to addiction it really puts in perspective that this disease doesn't see color, class, gender, intelligence, just anyone with slight weakness and pounces !!! Well everything that has happened, everything I have read and posted just makes me more and more determined to be clean !!
                              I will do this!! I can Do this !!I have to do this !!!
                              thanx again for reading

Trm27

Comment

Wow...

What you said describes exactly how I feel: "I don't miss watching with self-disgust and envy people who are living life sober and happy..."

Yep. That's how I've felt for so many years. I can't wait for the day when I'm off subs and feel "normal" again. To wake up and not feel tired all day. To not have constant thoughts about how my taper is going and when will it be over. To actually want to get back to living life rather than watching from the sidelines. To return to my regular, happy, outgoing, positive self.

Glad all is going well with your taper! Stay strong.
                                Kat

P.S. I get my supplements at a local health food/vitamin store. I'm not sure if Walmart carries all the ones you're looking for.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was one of my favorite actors too. It's such a shame.
                                Last edited by Anonymous; 02-08-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X