Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mg a day sub user ready to taper

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Kat,
    thank u so much for posting it seriously is awesome and I look forward to it, and alex too ! yup RIP P. S. Hoffman u will truly be missed!! ok there,s tons of vitamins stores here on the west coast so I will go to one of them,
    BTW can u send me ur thread too so I can read up and post on urs ???
    thanx aqain for ur kind words

    Comment


    • #32
      trm you sound like your doing great and I am happy for you. The part you mentioned about watching people with envy who were clean I remember that very well. I would be worrying about finding enough drugs to keep from being dope sick and think why cant I be normal. I would look at myself in the mirror and I hated who I saw. Its nice when we are getting clean to start liking ourselves again. I see where you have been reading some of Ruths post and I have to agree with you Wow. I stay mostly in the sub forum but I go to the need to talk to check her thread out all the time. She is so full of knowledge about recovery and what is really cool is she is one of us. A recovering addict who did not get clean overnight. All the supplements I took you can get almost anywhere that sells vitamins. Not positive about the L-Tyrosine being at Wal Mart though. Will talk to you later.

      Alex

      Comment


      • #33
        Hey there...

        My thread is here on the sub board too. It's called "Please help me - Subutex taper".

        Hope you have a good night.
        Kat

        Comment


        • #34
          Ok, never mind my last post..lol

          I just saw your post on my thread
          Kat

          Comment


          • #35
            cool kat glad u got my post,
            so day 3 of 1mg taper, I did feel a little icky and really sleepy and had a headache like 6 out of 10, but again nothing I couldn't handle , took some ibpro and I was fine. I had a hot flash that went away pretty quick so that was fine , yea today was just a lazy Sunday I am now starting to figure out my next taper amount since 2moro will be day 4 of 1mg and I'm stable enough to go down, so feed back please is welcome.

            k talk to u all soon
            trm27

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by trmin8ter27 View Post
              cool kat glad u got my post,
              so day 3 of 1mg taper, I did feel a little icky and really sleepy and had a headache like 6 out of 10, but again nothing I couldn't handle , took some ibpro and I was fine. I had a hot flash that went away pretty quick so that was fine , yea today was just a lazy Sunday I am now starting to figure out my next taper amount since 2moro will be day 4 of 1mg and I'm stable enough to go down, so feed back please is welcome.

              k talk to u all soon
              trm27
              trm next dose is .75 which would be 3/4 of 1 mg. That has a rather nice sound to it less then 1 mg. Good to read day 3 is going ok and i am also having a lazy Sunday myself. Will talk with you later.

              Alex

              Comment


              • #37
                trm I noticed on Kaths thread you mentioning RLS and that is why I took potassium pills during my taper. I noticed a lot of people mention RLS while I was tapering and someone mentioned potassium being helpful in dealing with it. I was taking it well before I jumped and never had any RLS at all. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe the potassium helped I don't know. Also this is just a reminder for you to remember to never drop a dose unless you are fully stable at your current dose. Talk later

                Alex

                Comment


                • #38
                  day 4 1mg taper
                  I am seriously thinking of alex's comment about making sure Im totally stable before my next drop. I did feel some clamminess a little more than usual today (got hot and cold quit a few times, like my body couldn't decide on a temp!!), but nothing I couldn't handle and I had a slight twinge of RLS just this evening ( so alex I will try the potassium also), but I'm wondering if this is normal and I must accept slight symptoms during my taper, or if maybe this is my body telling me I'm not quite fully stable. I stuck with the 1mg dose this morn and didn't take anymore, but would be lying if I didn't say I was tempted to take a little sliver, but I was afraid it would be counter productive to my taper, and again I asked myself is this something I can't handle ?? the answer was no and I got through the day normally w/o having to take any comfort slivers, well Im posting a little late 2nite so if anyone sees this and thinks maybe I shouldn't chance it and stay at 1mg for a day or 2 more, or if you think no bite the bullet and go down to .75 ,please let me know
                  thanks
                  Trm27
                  Last edited by Anonymous; 02-11-2014, 12:33 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by trmin8ter27 View Post
                    day 4 1mg taper
                    I am seriously thinking of alex's comment about making sure Im totally stable before my next drop. I did feel some clamminess a little more than usual today (got hot and cold quit a few times, like my body couldn't decide on a temp!!), but nothing I couldn't handle and I had a slight twinge of RLS just this evening ( so alex I will try the potassium also), but I'm wondering if this is normal and I must accept slight symptoms during my taper, or if maybe this is my body telling me I'm not quite fully stable. I stuck with the 1mg dose this morn and didn't take anymore, but would be lying if I didn't say I was tempted to take a little sliver, but I was afraid it would be counter productive to my taper, and again I asked myself is this something I can't handle ?? the answer was no and I got through the day normally w/o having to take any comfort slivers, well Im posting a little late 2nite so if anyone sees this and thinks maybe I shouldn't chance it and stay at 1mg for a day or 2 more, or if you think no bite the bullet and go down to .75 ,please let me know
                    thanks
                    Trm27
                    trm my suggestion would be to stay at 1 mg another day for sure. You are to far in your taper now to take any chances of dropping a dose to soon. Taking a little sliver would be counter productive especially on day 4 of a dose. That you were even tempted to sounds like you aren't stable enough to drop. It might have just been a little road bump but why take the chance. I don't know if I have mentioned this to you before but I know once I was down to 2 mg the entire rest of my taper was all on a 6 day schedule. Some of my earlier drops were done on 4 and 5 days but I know for sure at 2 mg and maybe even at a little higher I went on a 6 day schedule rest of the way. Im not saying that you need to do this rest of the way but right now I would give 1 mg another day at least and then see how you feel. Talk with you later.

                    Alex

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Never ever ever ever ever take a little sliver more. Never.

                      Even when you feel like you are going through hell. Keep going.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        ok thanx for the advise, so here's the weird thing, I meant to stay at 1mg one or 2 more days, but like a moron, unwittingly dropped to .75mg because I had already pre-cut them in preparation and had left one in my desk thank god ( I had stupidly left the others at home after switching purses last nite !!), but heres whats weird I was totally fine !!!, had like one quick hot flash and that was it !!! I was good the rest of the day and never even thought about needing more!!! I'm a little confused, maybe yesterday that quick thought of taking a sliver was just mental ?? so now here's the question do I just stay and .75mg now ??? Ugh can't believe I did that, cuz I'm afraid I messed my taper up, but then again so glad I was feeing fine, ok please post I will check this later for any advise stay at .75mg or go back up to 1mg ??
                        such an idiot !!!
                        Trm 27

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Hi

                          I would stay at .75 mg and see of you stabilize in the next couple days. If things start getting bad, you can go back up to 1 mg, re-stabilize, then continue on. Don't worry. It will work out.

                          Thanks for your kind post on my thread. Day 2 at 1.5 mg and feeling fine physically. So far, so good.

                          Have a nice evening,
                          Kat

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            thank u kat
                            awesome advise I was freaking out !!! but ill try that stay at .75 and go from there. btw I made a list of the vitamins u suggested, guna get them tomorrow I'll let u know how they work, have a good nite urself talk to u soon

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I just want to say that I am so proud of you! Reading your journey is inspiring. You are doing a great job. Hang in there!

                              You know what I am looking forward to? Laughter! Good old fashioned laughter. It's been gone from my life for years. I can feel it coming, and I am so looking forward to it.

                              Keep up the awesomeness that is you!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by trmin8ter27 View Post
                                thank u kat
                                awesome advise I was freaking out !!! but ill try that stay at .75 and go from there. btw I made a list of the vitamins u suggested, guna get them tomorrow I'll let u know how they work, have a good nite urself talk to u soon
                                Good morning...

                                Just wanted to drop in and see how you're doing today. Feeling ok?

                                Kat

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X