No announcement yet.

new here need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay: dude, slow down some. If you're stable on .75 let's start there, but let's get a starting dose going so that you can get off this stuff. You need to be on a stable dose especially at this low level or you will never get tapered off this, you will keep willy-nilly dropping doses and then taking a "sliver" when you feel uncomfortable, that is not good. Get on a steady dose.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Question: Xanax is the devil itself. If you think coming off of subs is bad, stick with the xanax for a bit. I don't care what anyone says: xanax is probably the hardest thing to detox. If you are feeling better and don't need it, don't take it. The less xanax you take the better, it's highly addictive. Take it only if you have to. Let that little bit of xanax you have be the last of it.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

so ive been told. ive taken it before when i would take pretty much anything, but it would be a one day thing every 3-4 months, if that so i dont have a ton of experience. my habit while obviously not good, was something i had under control to the point that it wasnt difficult to transition to suboxone mentally, but in the past 3.5 weeks ive tapered my sub use from abt 2 mg a day to now a spec (literally ive used a 8mg strip for 14 days and i really just want to end the cycle. today ive taken 3 .5 mg xanax (1 am, 1 mid day, just took the 3rd). still feel some anxiety in my stomach, but i have melatonin to help sleep and ill go for a run/workout to tire myself out some more. just cant wait for the day i can wake up an feel like a human again, although 3 weeks with no opiates is a good start. thanks for the advice. i understand how addictive it can be, just hoping 4-5 days wont ruin me. thanks for the response.

Comment

4-5 days won't ruin you. You will wake up and feel human again. Keep up the exercise, plenty of water and pure fruit juices, eat and if you can't try ensure or something on that order. Stay strong: you may want to start a thread so we're not hi-jacking on Jay's, LOL. Plus more people will see your posts. If you need help with that, let me know. There is a thread starter at the top of the board.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Hey i wrote you a response and don't know if it went thru erlier....anyway ya i can't say nay or yay on the zanex... i obviously have the same question idea... i gotta remeber I'm a drug addict so taking a benzo responsably is reely hard too do... in theory it could work perhaps for sub withdrawal but rebound anxiety and insomnia off that stuff is crazy.... if you read thru my posts you'll see me all over the place with anxiety.... so at least keep that in mind...that's just my experience perhaps.... i get drug tested so i gotta be careful they do a 12 panel now i believe test for both benzo and bupe.... i honestly don't know how I passed it but i did...but i keep rolling the dice ill get thrown in jail... suboxone is not on the approved medications list so i am NOT supposed to be on it.... anyways I'm starting to think i just gotta man up here and just quit taking all of it /any of it... i just gotta taper a little quicker then i would like... and deal wit watever depression anxiety insomnia fatigue etc.... i have one choice and that's either get clean at home or get clean in jail....either way i gotta do it.....anyway sounds like we think alike so hope that helps ya... not tellin ya wat to do just posting my experience to help myself or anyone who pays attention too it...good luck too you and the others who gave advice have sound advice and is helping me...they can see things we can't due to clouded judgment (when you take these substances your mind isn't crystal clear no effing way)... by your mind i mean my mind... I'm an addict..and tend to ramble as well...lol... anyways whatever you decide to do lemme know how it goes i read thru a lot of these and gain perspective.. peace and lov jay

Comment

Jay since your working with 8 mg strips next you might try to drop to .66. Cut a 8 mg strip in 4 pieces and then you will have 4 2 mg pieces. Take a 2 mg piece and cut it into 3 pieces and you will have 3 .667 pieces. This would have been a good drop from .8. Best of luck and will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

Alex....i will do excactly that on sunday...that's the day i make my drops... I'm done not listening too you guys... i came here for advice right? Just the addict in me wants to do it every which way till sunday...ya know... it honestly wasn't bad at 1Mg and above its just these low doses i need help with... i think my brain freaks out sometimes cause it ain't getting what its used too....anyways I'm for sure 100 percent gonna take your advice and try .66 thanks again for your help... and to the other poster i hope i didnnt sound like i thought it was unlikely for you to perhaps use the benzo responsably... i was refering to myself when i was talking about my clouded judgment...its the addict in me..only way i can explain it and frankly have been gettin a little ticked off at that part of myself so don't take anything i say personally i am not judging anyone...but am looking at myself and my drug seeking behavoiur.... anyways yep the insomnia back so goin a little post happy here..lol... anyway... .66 sounds like a plan ...peace jay

Comment

I know I'm posting a lot, just got a lot goin on tryin to simplify..
                  a. cutting down to .66 Monday

b. been waiting until i wake up naturally to take dose to break habits a little

c.trying to fall asleep naturally lastnite took one cloninine one moltrin and half an otc sleeping pill...i had a killer migrane and didn't sleep until after 5am!

D. last problem...as u know i now have to take 12 panel and i beleive it uncludes bupe..they a huge herion epidimic where I'm at (detroit) so they gettin keen on it...
                  last test i passed with flying colers even tho i had taken bupeneforine and etizolam....these are generally both fly under the radar on simpler tests but not the 12 panel ...
                  long story short i have to ensure i pass ALL drug tests..monthly random and weekly tests at random... its pretty hardcore probation i been on since last year...my point is:

I Been doing some research on line and the current cut off apears to be either 5Ng/ml or 10ng/ml....now...it is my understanding that low doses of bupe go undetected at use under one mg often causes false negatives.... i never dilute my UA or tamper with it in any way...obvuisly I'm concerned here as it was a non issue when i started this thread.... i guess it givin me incentive to not use... but I'm just trying to quit succesful and i know for a FACT. the judge will NOT approve of any taper or use of this med doctors advice/note or not...its simply not on the approved meds list... so I'm wondering how low is a safe low dose that is abso facto not gonna show up... i know a drug testing question rite..lol i know i know just don't do drugs rite?...well easier said then done even in the face of incarcaration... that's how strong a grip its got on me....the smart thing to do would be to IMEDIATTLY cease any and all drug use...rite ..well that's my latest dilemma ...just keep rollin along i guess...just maybe they no answer rite? Consequences very real and i guess i just gotta man up.... just please watch my taper and help me get down..

.66 monday... next drop..5 wanna be at .5 next sunday (a week from this sunday) ..well gotta work this afternoon ttyl..thanks jay

Comment

Do not mix the chlonidine and the OTC sleep aid. Chlonidine is a blood pressure medication and might react with the otc and it will also cause headache if you take too much.

There is no way we can guess a drug test. The only thing you can do is taper faster than you've outlined. I mean really listen to your body: if you feel fine, drop.

Peace,

Iloerose

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about the clonidine abd doxy succinate i beleive its called... i also have dyphenhydramine (benedril) if that safer... or i assume probably not... last nite same problem..skipped the clonidine and moltrin... just took tthe other half of sleeping pill from nite before ( about 13 mg) and the clonidine the 1mg which a low dose too.. I'm lowest possible dosing everything here...well ill try not to mix the two..thanks jay

Comment

Oh and as far as taper... i cut up next weeks dosing just now... was at .75 dropping to .66 tomorro... will take that all week and hope i don't get tested...when i go to outpatient next thursday I'm planning on staying hydrated (nothing crazy) and not taking bupe that morning till after the test.... i am pretty confident i am a fast metabolizer of all drugs and alchohal suprisingly my liver very effective i have passed these tests within time frames that are iffy to say the least.... thus not taking my morning dose the morning of possible test i can accomplish two things

a. I've been waiting later in the day anyway but most the bupe should be metabolized by test time as it will be about thirty hours... i know that's just the half life...but i really think its undetactable at such a low dose with 10ng/ml cuttoff perhaps...this is all guestimation...

and
                        b. i can follow a slower steady taper if this works

I guess if it doesn't work ill clean out in jail so either way rite lol...ty again we don't gotta bring up the drug testing no more just a consideration why i want to get low as soon as possiblle thanks again

Comment

Oh and as far as taper... i cut up next weeks dosing just now... was at .75 dropping to .66 tomorro... will take that all week and hope i don't get tested...when i go to outpatient next thursday I'm planning on staying hydrated (nothing crazy) and not taking bupe that morning till after the test.... i am pretty confident i am a fast metabolizer of all drugs and alchohal suprisingly my liver very effective i have passed these tests within time frames that are iffy to say the least.... thus not taking my morning dose the morning of possible test i can accomplish two things

a. I've been waiting later in the day anyway but most the bupe should be metabolized by test time as it will be about thirty hours... i know that's just the half life...but i really think its undetactable at such a low dose with 10ng/ml cuttoff perhaps...this is all guestimation...

and
                          b. i can follow a slower steady taper if this works

I guess if it doesn't work ill clean out in jail so either way rite lol...ty again we don't gotta bring up the drug testing no more just a consideration why i want to get low as soon as possiblle thanks again

Comment

It's great that you decided to surrender and take our advice regarding your taper. So many people come here wanting to do it "their way", only to realize later that Robert's method is absolutely the way to go! I'm not saying there haven't been people who got off subs a different way, but the taper plan is tried and true.

I wish you luck with your drug test. I'd hate to see you get punished while working so hard to get clean.

Take care,
                            Kat

Comment

Thanks kat... you have been a lot of help and i see you helping others too...and ya I'm a drug addict so that part of me wants to do it MY way...wich obvoiusly doesn't work or i wouldn't be in the situation I'm in... anyways you alex and others i reeally do appriciate..and am trying my best to follow the advice..and it seems to be better then what i can come up with on my own...left to my own devices..anyway..yep. i feel a lot better and this forum a great source of support..well i gotta go to work...peace JAY

Comment

jury in on benzo use

So anyone who has read some of my posts...i think my original question was weather or not benzos could be used responsably to come off suboxone
                                The verdict: absolutely not for me given the nature of my personality

so Without going into too much detail i have been dancing with the devil with these benzos i have access too,
                                My experience is while in them i dropped my bupe use 30 percent...it went back up 25percent upon benzo abstinence ... the rebound anxiety where worse then the initial problems i had..
                                Not too mention as of late i am realizing i must have blacked out a few times as people in my life where telling me strange behaviuor i don't recall

also i apperently went to an AA meeting all dosed up on who knows how many i ate that day...ya been in damage control...work too...grrrr I'm a damn idoit!!
                                Ya and apparently my girlfriend says i was staying up late leaving the stove on and was on the internet a lot...i have received several packages i don't recall ordering so check my money sure enouf hundreds are gone..(wat other suprises am i gonna get?)lol
                                anyway worst of all i have seemed to post once or twice in this forum with no recollection of doing so....
                                soo i apologize i am really sorry that was really irrisponsable of me.. .
                                I should have listened to your advice but nope had to jam up the works myself

Don't do drugs...jake

Comment

Working...
                                X