No announcement yet.

Weaning off Suboxone, So far so good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realized I have completely been mixing up names and people on here. LOL So if I didn't thank you for your help don't take it personal! My memory is a little foggy lately. I have to keep re reading my own posts to remember how the days went or conversations I've had sometimes..Hopefully that will pass soon! I'm gonna try to keep myself busy today and go on with the skip! So far feeling pretty NORMAL. Never thought feeling normal could feel so weird but in a good way. Feeling much more alert and getting more enjoyment out of the "little things" that used to be all it takes to make me happy. I've been laughing and smiling a lot more and although my body isn't back to 100% yet. Mentally I'm MUCH MUCH happier off that stuff. Sucks the life out of you. Can't wait until I'm back to the old me, and I will NEVER EVER again take that person for granted. Because she was pretty awesome

Comment

You are doing AWESOME!!! Seriously gives me hope, strength, and courage. :-)

Hey, how has your sleep been through all of this? That is the one thing I hate and am not looking forward to. I can't stand not being able to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
        You are doing AWESOME!!! Seriously gives me hope, strength, and courage. :-)

Hey, how has your sleep been through all of this? That is the one thing I hate and am not looking forward to. I can't stand not being able to sleep.
        I have slept pretty good considering! Surprisingly good really. The worst of it was just occasionally waking up here and there due to sweating and being hot but I went back to sleep pretty quickly. That happened a few nights only during one of my drops...think I went too fast. I usually fall asleep lately around 11:30-12:00 am depending on how good the show is I am watching and I wake up at 7:30 to get my kids off to school. I dropped from .25 to .125 which is 50% not 25%. Bad at math It never dawned on me until recently, I just dropped too fast. That was my worse drop also. So stick with the 25% as tedious and annoying as it is, and it will be easier on you. Only 10 more hours until this day is over! Don't feel like I need anything, just counting the hours I'm getting antsy to be done. Sleep has def been much better then full blown opiate withdrawal. That was torture...getting up in the middle of the night just trying to run in place or do anything to stop the creepy crawlies and muscle cramps ugh. Thankfully I haven't experienced that at all. Just don't drop too soon, really stabilize, and watch your calculations. Can't believe I didn't catch that sooner...

Comment

Thinking of jumping soon! I really truly don't know if I want to take another dose. I don't want another dose. I know I don't lol. Just don't want to feel like death! Alex or anyone if your reading....is it gonna be THAT bad?! Do you think I'll be ok Saturday morning if yesterday was my last day? I just have an exam Saturday I have to take..I'm a student. Also promised (stupidly) I wouldn't miss a friends son's bday party. Should I wait til Mon to jump? Am I gonna suddenly feel much worse then I do now? Or at this point is .0612 mgs doing anything? I have to pass that exam. Sucks if I didn't have that I would crawl my ass out of bed for the bday party. I just have to be alert to study and take this exam Sat morn.
          Last edited by Anonymous; 04-09-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
            Thinking of jumping soon! I really truly don't know if I want to take another dose. I don't want another dose. I know I don't lol. Just don't want to feel like death! Alex or anyone if your reading....is it gonna be THAT bad?! Do you think I'll be ok Saturday morning if yesterday was my last day? I just have an exam Saturday I have to take..I'm a student. Also promised (stupidly) I wouldn't miss a friends son's bday party. Should I wait til Mon to jump? Am I gonna suddenly feel much worse then I do now? Or at this point is .0612 mgs doing anything? I have to pass that exam. Sucks if I didn't have that I would crawl my ass out of bed for the bday party. I just have to be alert to study and take this exam Sat morn.
            Tonight is crawling by. About an hour ago I heard a little voice saying "take ONE more little peice. Teeny tiny peice....youll feel better" like the devil in my head for real. This >>>> is the devil, evilness. If suboxone was a dude I would kick him in the balls right about now for putting me through this.
            Still pushing through....I jumped into a scalding hot bath and felt much better after and kinda snapped out of that negativity. Took some l theanine (forgot that today!) Idk if its my mind playing games but I think I feel calmer. If I could spend the next week in the bath >> be money (remember that word...1995 anyone?) lol. Ok well just wanted to update. Sigh...Im doing this!

Comment

Knocking myself out with some allergy meds for the night. Hope this works! Mind over matter! F you suboxone. F u.....lol (sorry)

Comment

You got this, girl! Stay strong! But if you DO take a little more, that's ok, too. Look how far you've come. I remember during a bad WD I took a million hot baths a day. I put on some Jack Johnson on Pandora. It calmed me. I hope you make it through the night. Sleep well, friend!

Comment

I didn't go back and read more than the last few posts. Are you on .62? It sounds like you are on less than that?

If you can stretch your skip days out a little longer each time you are making progress. So if you make it 24 hours the first time and then 36 the next you will be at 48 hours before you know it.

You're doing great!

Comment

Gettin': Thanks for the compliment on the other thread! Looks like Sharks has your question and she's really been there and done that with the sub: Follow what she says she knows what she's doing! There are some great people on this board, you can always trust Sharks, Kat and Alex here. In fact if I ever say something and they contradict something I say, I defer to them. I know sub because I dragged around behind Robert before he retired and then there was no one else working with the sub board, but they've experienced it. They know their stuff, for sure.

Anyway, wanted to post on your thread and compliment you on how you go round and cheer everyone up! It's nice when people who are going through a taper help each other along. I've looked at other boards, but this is by far the BEST.

Rose
                    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-09-2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

LOL @ the Swingers reference! Excellent.

I would definitely take Steph's (Sharks) advice and continue with your skip days. I know it's a pain in the azz, but it's the way the plan was designed to work best.

You must be so excited to almost be done!
                      Kat

Comment

getting I might be getting mixed up with what dose you last took and when it was. It looks to me like you took .125 Sat morning and then .125 Monday evening. Then I think you took .062 Tues evening. I don't know if you dosed anything on Wed or not. I see you have an exam Sat morning and at these low doses it becomes really mental. Maybe you are ready to jump now but it depends on what your body is telling you. Your so very close now and if you need to stretch it out a bit more then do so. with your exam coming up Saturday you might want to dose before then so if you would dose Thursday you might want to take .125 and then try to stretch out your next dose further apart or jump after you dose Thursday. best wishes and will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the positive vibes my way. I made it 28 hours til last night but that was my fault :/ certainly didn't count as a skip day. For the past 3 days now I've been dealing with this crazy heartburn non-stop. I know its a side effect of withdrawal now for sure because my stomach started acting up around the same time and it goes away when I take my dose. My achy joints, I've gotten used to..the cold/hot flashes here and there are mild enough.

This heartburn...I can't sleep with. Then I really screwed myself last night taking the allergy meds to sleep lol jesus...that was torture. I forgot that I can't even take Tylenol Pm because it actually makes me more restless (long before any meds) unless I fall asleep right away. So I took the allergy meds and ended up super drowsy/restless and couldn't sleep/with some crazy heartburn that worsened when I laid down but when I got up I felt so groggy from the allergy meds blah. Won't do that again. So I caved again, had it not been for the heartburn I wouldn't have tried taking the allergy meds to fall asleep. I had a little bit of a stuffy nose but I could manage.

If anyone knows any GOOD heartburn meds that work-these extra strength antacid tablets suck, you'd be my hero.. I took the maximum dose and it didn't take the edge off. I'm not very good with coping with heartburn, its really new to me but I've had it before and it wasn't anything as bad as this. This is some pretty strong heartburn. Definitely heartburn because its worse when I eat. I already feel it this morning after breakfast. My chest is on fire....

Anyways, if I can pickup some strong enough heartburn meds (over the counter only) that don't cause any crazy side effects to add to the mix I will be fine I know it. On a plus note, My ankle is feeling better finally.. It has been hurting through this whole wean process. I will get over this >>>>! I'm starting to get used to the symptoms and not be as aware of them so I think thats a good thing. Decided I'm not quite ready to jump until I get this heartburn manageable which if ANYONE knows of some remedies I'm ready to roll to CVS now! lol. Like right now right now. So! Anyways...let me stop whining about some heartburn and get on with my day lol. Thanks for the supports everyone

Comment

You know what!? Screw this heartburn! I'm still gonna try to skip again tonight. At least I dosed at 8:30 last night so by the time 24 hours rolls around I should be going to bed soon anyways. Wont have much time to feel like >>>>. I AM NOT touching another dose until at least tomorrow night or Saturday morning. F this S H I T. lol.

Comment

Hey there...your doin great!.....i dunno wat to.do about heartburn i don't get that but when my stomach upset or nauseas ginger tea works for me....i dunno how it would affect heartburn ill have to google that......my only other suggestions would be tums...i think tums lowers the acidity in the stomach...baking soda maybe?

Wish i could be of more help...
                              i read what you said about your mother . congradulations on doing what you did.....that's definatilly commendable.....and I'm glad she doing better....now you can focus on you and get yourself better.....
                              as far as skipping days and caving in. That's a choice i cant really advise on.... just my personal experience today is a day where i don't take any sub till tonight due to drug testing...... this morning was rouf but treated all the symtoms abd now feel ok....... so i would try to treat the heartburn and see if you can get it to calm down...i dunno watever you decides your doing great! Hang in there ill check back later....peace jay

Comment

Originally posted by jayryan View Post
                                Hey there...your doin great!.....i dunno wat to.do about heartburn i don't get that but when my stomach upset or nauseas ginger tea works for me....i dunno how it would affect heartburn ill have to google that......my only other suggestions would be tums...i think tums lowers the acidity in the stomach...baking soda maybe?

Wish i could be of more help...
                                i read what you said about your mother . congradulations on doing what you did.....that's definatilly commendable.....and I'm glad she doing better....now you can focus on you and get yourself better.....
                                as far as skipping days and caving in. That's a choice i cant really advise on.... just my personal experience today is a day where i don't take any sub till tonight due to drug testing...... this morning was rouf but treated all the symtoms abd now feel ok....... so i would try to treat the heartburn and see if you can get it to calm down...i dunno watever you decides your doing great! Hang in there ill check back later....peace jay
                                Thanks! I tried again on the antacid and DAMN if I didnt miss read the dosing take 4 up to 4 times daily. I was taking 2, I gagged down the 4 peices of "chalk" and it worked!

Also yesterday I skipped the Taurine....took the Taurine today and Omg I feel 1000 times better!!!! So much more alert and energized. Taurine lowers blood pressure too! If your not taking it I recommend it. Now I know thats my vitamin I need the most right now. Anyways! Finally got the heartburn under control! NO aches what so ever today!!! Ahh! Can you believe it! I cant. First time in weeks! Now Im scrubbing down my house top to bottom and knocking out some much needed things off my to do list. Just wanted to update you guys took the Taurine and FELT it most def. Also took 2 immodium just incase. Right now Im just preventing things.

Thanks about my Mom Jay....its hard. But all the more reason to do things differently with my own Kids. Motivation. I asked my oldest the other day if she thinks she has a good life. She said "PaH! Are you kidding? yeah..." Brought tears to my eyes. My kids will never live through what Ive had to. Made that promise to myself a long time ago and I plan to uphold that. Rough rough life. TWO addict parents not just one. My father is a whole diff ball game with Alchohol. I dont care what anyone says....by far the worst addiction in the world. I hate the stuff myself. Luckily. Anyways you got me started lol. It is TOUGH having an addict parent and will get you down if you let it. We just gotta learn from their mistakes and break the cycle.

Anyways figured >> update you all that I am feeling MUCH better since last night and this morning, got over the grogginess from those allergy meds blah. SO here's to skip day attempt number 4!!! lol

ps: Does anyone know why it keeps blocking out "I'd" wth lol
                                Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X