No announcement yet.

Weaning off Suboxone, So far so good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...you have a really positive attitude and i hear ya... I'm quitting my >>>> with my kids lives in mind....don't want to put them thru what my parents did to me if i can help it......that's good you got rid of the heartburn.....and the taurine you have help? I have some i wonder if i should take some...i skipped this mornings suboxone dose (not by choice) and am struggling slightly...started getting bad stomach cramps was gonna pop some lopermide but read online that it absolutely will fail a drug test it is an opiate afterall...however when comfermation test is done it comes back negative...but having my urine sent out to a lab i suspect they would find the buprenephprin as well

sigh....anyways....you sound like your doing great even cleaning the house some....man all i can say is keep up the good work..and thanks for giving your report on taurine....i have some but don't take it much cause wasn't sure...imma go take a scoop right now....oh have you heard of choline? Its a supplement... do you think it may be benifitial for fatigue or anything....i have some but haven't tried any yet cause i don't know if it will be helpful or not...anyway keep up tha good work! Jay
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-10-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Good to see you got rid of that crazy heartburn! Sounds like you're doing good today.

I know, it's weird how the word "I'd" gets blocked out. It always happens. Not sure about that one..lol

I gotta run so I'll check back later. Take care!
      Kat

Comment

I am actually feeling awesome today! Def has to be the Taurine thats the only thing different between today and yesterday. Thankfully this heartburn is controlled.....I have been eating antacids like candy. But whatever works I guess! Im stoked Im finally not achy today! Plus cleaning my house top to bottom and knocking some stuff out finally just lifted my mood so much. I remember in Psychology learning about how big of an impact your environment is on mood....its so true. Fresh house= a fresh mind.

I have not felt this good since my taper started its refreshing.
        Another thing I read is how dehydration increases joint pain. I bought a bunch of 32 oz gatorade and have been carrying them around with me sipping on it since last night and all day. Woke up and joint pain is GONE. Aches are GoNE! Taurine, B vitamins, l theanine....and lots of Gatorade and I feel great! Feeling really positive today about doing this, I cant wait to be back to 100%. Something for you guys to look forward too! I cant describe the feeling other then top down in a convertible with the radio turned up

Comment

Choline rings a bell but I cant think of it. Is it for flushing the liver? That sounds familiar

Comment

Ah i got some choline awhile back as a spontanoius buy....its supposed to enhance nootropic use which i also have but don't use yet either....think of it this way...you mentioned taurine correct which is some sort of amino acid that your brain and muxcles use i believe...while not being an amino acid choline is similarly used by brain and muscles to help nuerons fire and regenerate and what not...its normally found in chicken and eggs.....ther are certain substances said to perhaps regenerate brain neurons or help desiese such as alteimers (however you spell that) .... i dunno I'm.still researching the stuff but got a good deal on it so i purchased some...supposed to help cognitive function and what not when used in combination especially with certian nootropics..
            god knows i damaged my brain and my memory shot......anyways I'm learning about this like anyone else...i did give the taurine another shot and gonna try some theanine tonight for sleep......anyways ya i been on sub for 4 years so have obviously been psyching myslelf up for this....even if its all a placebo ( which i doubt) then hell half the battle mental anyways..

glad to see your doing so stellar on.your low dose....have you figured out your jump day yet?...jay

Comment

Hey!!! I see yesterday you were feeling GREAT! I hope today is the same. Keep us updated.

Comment

Feeling good today!!!! Almost normal! I keep forgetting about withdrawals....forgetting I'm "supposed" to be feeling them! If I feel okay tomorrow I'm gonna take it day by day and I might not even need another dose. I haven't needed any heartburn medicine...Just some b vitamins, potassium, and the Taurine, and took some l theanine. I just noticed my ring was a little tight this morning (blood pressure going up) but 20 mins after the Taurine and it went back down. I slept REALLY really good last night too! Fell asleep at 12:00 after watching some TV. I really hope this lasts! I really hope that tomorrow it doesn't hit me like a brick. You would think I would feel something though...and I don't. Throughout the last bit of the taper I was having some hot and cold flashes and maybe one or two days some chills here and there. BUT none yesterday and today. I found out I have 2 tests tomorrow AND a bday party to go to so I really really hope this lasts and I'm in the clear!!
                Through this whole taper I have had achy joints....had to take tylenol and ibuprofen, was kinda tired here and there, and sweaty at times with some hot and cold flashes. Yesterday and today they are gone. You would think since I didn't take anything I would feel all that worse but I don't! So fingers crossed I hope hope hope this >>>> is over!

For the record-Last dose was 7:00 pm (or 8:00pm? I forgot) Weds night.
                Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2014, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Gettin',

That was my big complaint towards the end of my taper, so I don't think you'll get hit with anything major. I was tired and not very motivated and I'd have passing hot/cold flashes but it was nothing I couldn't manage. I just kept telling myself it was only temporary, if you can get any kind of exercise in it will help. I know it's the last thing you want to do right now, but even a walk around the block helps. You don't have to work out hard, just move.

Just tell yourself it's your body adjusting to being clean. You're doing great!

Funny you mention heartburn, I had it BAD and the only thing that worked for me was Zantac.

Comment

YES! The heartburn. Glad someone else had it bad, you have no idea how whiney I felt complaining during withdrawal about some heartburn. I'm sure some people were like really? Heartburn? LOL. But that heartburn was NO joke! Not to mention your blood pressure is up already so a few times I kept questioning whether it was my heart or not. Its seemed to calm down now...just a little bit lingering but I will def try that Zantac if it spikes back up. Since I slept good last night do you think I'm clear of the dreaded rls? Thank you So much btw

Comment

I thought I had an ulcer, it was so bad. I took Tums and Peto, nothing worked until I tried Zantac, so I totally understand. It gets worse when you lay down.

I honestly don't know about the RLS. I always got it really bad when I would c/t off opiates but I never had it with subs. I kept waiting for it but it never came. I did stay hydrated and exercised. I don't take vitamins or supplements, but they help a lot of people.

All I can say is try to stay in the moment and don't worry about what might happen. You've come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharks fan View Post
                        I thought I had an ulcer, it was so bad. I took Tums and Peto, nothing worked until I tried Zantac, so I totally understand. It gets worse when you lay down.

I honestly don't know about the RLS. I always got it really bad when I would c/t off opiates but I never had it with subs. I kept waiting for it but it never came. I did stay hydrated and exercised. I don't take vitamins or supplements, but they help a lot of people.

All I can say is try to stay in the moment and don't worry about what might happen. You've come a long way.
                        Good to know it really was bad heartburn from the withdrawals, now I dont feel like such a baby lol. I believe Usually with opiates that first night even I wouldnt sleep well. >> feel my muscles start cramping up and restless. Last night I was exhausted and slept like a baby....so I really hope that lasts! I can handle some fatigue but its rough being sleep deprived and that fatigue too. Im doing this with JUST vitamins...food water and will power. As of now I dont plan on taking another dose!

Comment

Hey Sharksfan... Do you remember this strange tingling feeling down your arms that comes and goes. Not chills...closer to light pins and needles/tingling feeling. I'm not dead yet so I'm guessing its not my heart . Its just a little annoying and I'd be happy to figure out what it is to see if I can find a way to get rid of it! Maybe its the heartburn pain radiating kind of feels similar. I feel the heartburn creeping back. Just wondering though, I'm online studying for this exam and it was on my mind so I figured I'd ask to see if anyone remembers that feeling.

Comment

Holy hell...I had the worst heartburn early this morning around 5 am. I woke up and it felt like my chest was on fire. I was so tired and didn't want to get outta bed. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and gulped down some Alka Seltzer. Fizzzzzzz! Lol. What the heck is with the heartburn? So weird.

Wow, you're doing so good with your skip days. Are you almost at 48 hours without a dose?
                            Kat

Comment

Hey i noticed you mention your blood pressure a couple times....do you have any clonidine?

also good for hot and cold flashes...i ordered 60 1Mg clonidine from canada....been reading up on it...it turns the volume down on the sympathetic nervous system or something like that....off label uses include anxiety...hot cold flashes you also mention...opiate withdrawals and so on....it has even taken away a migrane of mine and is quickly moving to the top.of the list as far as comfort meds go for me.... btw you dropping tomorro?
                              Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayryan View Post
                                Hey i noticed you mention your blood pressure a couple times....do you have any clonidine?

also good for hot and cold flashes...i ordered 60 1Mg clonidine from canada....been reading up on it...it turns the volume down on the sympathetic nervous system or something like that....off label uses include anxiety...hot cold flashes you also mention...opiate withdrawals and so on....it has even taken away a migrane of mine and is quickly moving to the top.of the list as far as comfort meds go for me.... btw you dropping tomorro?
                                No actually I don't have any clonidine...I keep reading about it. Wish I did! How did you order it from Canada? I notice my blood pressure up here and there. Not too too much just slightly. I can tell because in between my fingers get red and my ring feels tighter. My feet I can def tell by night when I'm standing. The taurine helps for a few hours I just don't want to take too much. I haven't taken a dose since Weds! So I'm officially declaring last Weds Jump day! This is NOT bad at all! I swear to you the tapering was harder then the jump. Probably between 0.75-.125mg was the hardest. Pretty much what your experiencing now. Then once I pretty much stabilized on the .125mg it got easier and got over that fear of every little symptom that arose. I slept really good last night again! So NO RLS so far (unlike with opiates I'd have it bad) Today is day 3 and right now I feel slightly a little more tired, but I've been running around since 8:00 this morning and just spent 4 ridiculous hours in traffic. So I think after sitting in the car that long tired me out. I really feel 90% normal. It is insane! Getting past the first full day without a dose was the hardest the day seemed to crawl by. Day 2 peice of cake...today was the first day I haven't thought about suboxone ALL day until now. That was just to update you guys. I haven't wanted ANYTHING or felt like I needed ANYthing! I'm impressed and relieved! You guys will see its just a bunch of anxiety about feeling bad that makes you feel the worse. Then you will realize you had nothing to be afraid of. Esp you Jay. If you've been through H withdrawal your gonna LAUGH once you see just really how harmless this is. Once this heartburn goes away I will be 100%. My energy levels are good! I had no problem getting up and getting ready this morning and taking my exam. I def owe that to the B12 and taurine. Thats 1000 mcg b12.

Comment

Working...
                                X