Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaning off Suboxone, So far so good!

Hi Everyone

I have been checking out these forums for a few weeks now, reading through all the success stories of getting off suboxone. I was on oxy off and on for 1 1/2 years (mostly on..) and I have been on suboxone for 4 months now. For the past 3 weeks (with the motivation from reading this forum I have seriously weaned down. I am now at .125 mg and looking for some help/encouragement/motivation/kick in the ass to keep going with this and finally go through getting off completely. (Hence the GettinItOverWith . I used to be a morning person and excited to get up and start the day with my family. I hate waking up groggy and hating life until the medicine kicks in. I didn't even smoke before all this...quit cold turkey after 6 years a pack a day. Then I got myself into this mess. I can't wait to be off. I have recently tried many times just stopping only to cave and take another dose. Anyways life is great right now, I have so much to look forward to but I spend most of my time with regret that I'm stuck on this so I just feel like this is the time to get off once and for all. Now or never.

Today is day 3 at .125 mg I dropped pretty quickly from 1 mg to .25 and now to .125 over the past 3 weeks. The drop from 1 to .25 hurt the worst but I'm over that and on day 3 at .125...and I'm not looking back!! Just scared >>>>less to look forward! lol. Today I have felt the worst after the drop, I hear thats pretty common because of the half life. Achy joints and just had a really rough time getting going this morning. So if I can make it through today and tomorrow I'm hoping its better. I have been eating tons of vitamins, b12, a multivitamin, potassium supplement, and some herbal leg cramps medicine because thats what annoys me the most is my achy achy legs. This "leg cramps" meds work surprisingly well I highly recommend it. If this is the worst of this drop I can handle it though! On the plus note so far I've been sleeping great! Just tired and achy..kind of like the few days after the flu, when your at about 50% better. Does anyone have experience or advice for what I do next? Skip days? How long do I wait after today to do it? I have tried this before and tortured myself only to make it 3-4 days off and get right back on it. Then again I tried cold turkey from 2 mgs....NO fun. So I'm hoping if I follow what I've seen here it will be much easier. I would really appreciate any help! I am looking forward to a clear headed spring with my kids!!! Gotta get past this funk while its still cold outside...I hate being stuck inside too tired to do much. The exhaustion is usually what makes me cave...any good supplements that wont make me jittery? Thanks!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-26-2014, 11:10 AM.

If you read a couple top threads on this subforum you will find there are many users who have been on subs for 5+ years that are currently making the jump, and they are surviving. I was taking subs for nearly two years, opiates for four. I am currently on day 22 and it gets better each day.

First two weeks had a rough time with sleep but it is coming better now. I think the mental part of it is a big part and I was a little horrified of the W/D stories that I had read before but you have to have a solid mind set. You survived, thrived before substance and you CAN and WILL (IF you chose) go on without.

I have seen a lot of sleepless nights in my lifetime from other substance abuse so I wasn't to worried about not getting sleep, was just pretty inconvenient. I figured if I didnt loose my marbles I would be alright and when my body needed sleep, it would get some. The worst I think is the sweats along with the phantom pains in your joints. I noticed from going through WDs off pills rather than the sub I had it a lot more in my ankles/knees but this time around my elbows and knees were the culprits.

To this I can give you this advise;

1)EAT, Protein/carbs
    2) HYDRATE H20/Electrolyes
    3) Exercise!!

Wish you the best of luck, keep us updated!

Comment

Hi thanks for responding so soon! Trying to occupy my time today (should be doing homework!!!). My ankles are the worst...its more of an annoyance then anything else but I've gotten accustomed to being able to be pain free whenever I want to be. I guess the positive is that my nerves are in full force...lol. Check, check and check. I took this vitamin called leg cramps from walmart, its all herbs. It instantly stopped the achy legs and ankles which I'm really relieved about. My biggest worry is the RLS I can't stand it. Thats usually what gets to me and makes me cave. Also the exhaustion...I have 3 kids and I feel EXtremely guilty not being able to do much for myself let alone my family. I hate feeling like a burden, I'm usually go go go Mom. I know its a process but I just want to get back to my old self so I can get on with my life already. Congrats on your 22 days!!! I know how hard that has to be, god I can't wait to say that! You should be extremely proud of yourself 6 years you have overcome. I have been taking potassium and this leg herbal supplement has been heavenly, and so far no RLS. If your having trouble still with your legs (not sleeping) I recommend those two things. I heard theres a big link between RLS and potassium. I'm working toward my nursing degree so I know a little about a little...and I know potassium plays a huge role in muscle contraction. So it makes sense...

I'm just a big fan of sleep. I can deal during the day but messing with my sleep is like chinese torture...Anyways thank you for the advice and Congrats on your 22 days!!! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to say that myself...I will def keep posting! This helps a lot in itself..
      Oh, Also what dose did you drop from?? Just curious.
      Last edited by Anonymous; 03-26-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Were you stable at each dose before reducing from 1 mg eventually down to .125 mg? If so, you should eventually stabilize at .125 mg. When you feel as stable as possible (mild to no WD symptoms), you can go ahead and start your skip days. According to the sub taper plan by Robert_325, you skip 1 day, dose .125 mg. Skip 2 days, dose .125 mg. And so on..until you've skipped 4 days total. At that point you jump as the half-life has caught up with itself.

Yes, the menal/emotional fear is daunting. But it can be done! Sounds like you're doing well with supplements and such. Do you have a plan to stay clean long term? Like NA or AA?

Stay well hydrated and exercise as much as possible.
        Kat

Comment

Great!!! Thank you so so much! I'm excited/nervous. But so far its not bad at all. I am shocked as to really how easy it is to wean. Dropping off at a high dose is NOT the way to go. As with most medications. Weaning is the key here I see. Wish I would've tried this months ago! Just afraid of experiencing what I always have before trying to jump from a larger dose. This is amazing...I have a very mild/annoying stomach ache and little bit of achy legs..low energy but nothing some vitamins and tylenol wont manage. Nothing too terrible. It seems the symptoms themselves aren't bad at all....its just that when you go so long not feeling any pain to feeling normal everyday ailments its an adjustment. Your "normal" everyday person would just tough out a mild stomach ache, but to me this is a feeling I haven't felt in a while. Its been a long time since I've felt any sort of pain, even mild Lol...guess thats a blessing. I can FEEL period. Good or bad. My nerves are working. I picked up some L Theanine (a calming vitamin) and some energy chews today from gnc...along with some Taurine for energy if I need it. I am stocked up to the point of being cracked out on energy supplements if I need them lol. Just as a back up. I can't stand being exhausted. To anyone reading I cannot rave enough about this "leg cramps" vitamin from Walmart. Lifesaver for achy legs and so far no RLS!!!!! RLS is the devil ugh. Plus my potassium supplement I'm sure that helps a lot too. If I can get through that and get some sleep I can get through anything. Just some achy legs and mild stomach ache. I'm good! I am a weakling! If I can do this you can do this people! I appreciate the weaning advice I'm gonna give it a go as soon as I feel stable. I guess the trick is weaning and pumping your body with the right vitamins through the process. I read some advice that says its much like taking a tylenol at the start of a migraine as opposed through full blown migraine. Have to give the vitamins time to build up in the system. I am syked this is working so well!!! God bless the people on this site. You will help change many many peoples lives ::::tear:::: I am thankful. As soon as I stabilize I will keep everyone posted for my skip days attempts!!! N/A isn't an option right now, I'm considering maybe finding some online forums. Honestly you guys here have helped me so much.
          Last edited by Anonymous; 03-26-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Hey Kat,

Just curious...any idea when the stomach ache goes away? Thats really the only thing thats bothering me right now. It started this evening and I've been burping more then usual. (Never burp really...). I guess it feels kind of like indigestion. A little bit of a burning/achy/annoying feeling...and the burping. I don't know if you remember experiencing that? Its just annoying...hoping it will go away soon! I'm at the end of day 3 of dropping to .125 mg.

Comment

Hi getting i saw where you posted to me on another thread and wanted to say hello to you on your thread. Kath already pointed out to you about the same thing i would point out. I see where you were having a little stomach issues earlier so hopefully it is just a 1 day thing for you. I never experienced it myself when i tapered off. You are now at the point where it can become more mental of a challenge. I weaned down to about .18 spent 6 days there then did the skip days and had very minor symptoms. The only thing i can think of to offer you any advise here is this as far as jumping goes. When you get to skip day 1 you are trying to go 48 hrs with out dosing. If for some reason you would get to feeling really uncomfortable befor 48 hrs dose and then next dose go further in hours. I have read just a few threads where a person has skipped just a little slower then the taper plan but jumped off ok. I noticed you said that NA is not an option for you right now. I wont ask you why but just want to point out to you that a persons odds are so much higher of staying clean with a recovery program. I wont go into my long history of alcohol and opiate use and repeated failures of staying clean but will just say this. When i have followed Alex recovery program i failed. Theres a saying getting clean was easy it is staying clean that is hard. My best wishes to you and will talk with you later.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
                Hey Kat,

Just curious...any idea when the stomach ache goes away? Thats really the only thing thats bothering me right now. It started this evening and I've been burping more then usual. (Never burp really...). I guess it feels kind of like indigestion. A little bit of a burning/achy/annoying feeling...and the burping. I don't know if you remember experiencing that? Its just annoying...hoping it will go away soon! I'm at the end of day 3 of dropping to .125 mg.
                The only time I ever really experienced nausea or a stomach ache is when I was in WD from opiates. I haven't had any tummy trouble during my sub taper, though. I would try something like Mylanta or any other OTC stomach med to help with that. I've heard that ginger soothes the stomach, but I've never tried it. Like Alex said, hopefully it's a temporary thing.

I think once we get down to such low doses our bodies are probably confused and scrambling to adjust. Hang in there. You're doing great!

Kat

Comment

Well everyone in my house has been complaining of a stomach ache. So I believe its just a virus or indigestion from something we ate. I feel much better today stomach wise. A little tired and not all that motivated but thats to be expected, my achy legs are getting better. I might stay where I'm at through the weekend and start my first skip day Monday! I really hope I feel like you did Alex! As far as N/A ( I know excuses excuses I would go if I had the time to go. My problem is I am a student and I have 3 children and no one really to watch them my life is very hectic. I don't have any friends that use, and I don't know anyone that does aside from myself and my husband who was recovering from an accident. How I fell into this trap was I was started on a prescription of Nycenta (Nucenta sp??) which was supposedly NON ADDICTING---(((NOT)))...due to a crushed broken Big toe for a few weeks, and then went on from there. Before that I never touched the stuff. At the same time my husband was recovering from an accident and had to have several surgeries and be in pain management for a little while, I had to care for him with my broken toe (the toenail was still crushed so it was painful to walk still) I was in a special shoe for a few weeks..so he gave me his meds to help me run around and take care of him and the kids. From there I kept going with my excuses until I one day tried to quit cold turkey and realized it had a hold of me. He was ready to stop and switched to suboxone to wean off and after trying cold turkey to quit a few times because I didn't like the meds anymore but was more chasing off the withdrawals. I heard it was much easier to wean with and decided I needed it too, in order to completely stop this rollercoaster nightmare. I realized at the same time I had no control with the pills to wean as well. The good thing is no one around me is involved in that lifestyle, I have no way to get them unless I found a random dealer on the street and I don't want the pills bad enough to find a way to get them. I can't justify spending a dollar on them (love money too much!! And I would feel too guilty taking that money from my family's needs) and I have no medical reason to get them. Having easy access was and is my downfall. If I know there is some in the house, it is VERY VERY hard for me to not make excuses anytime I felt any tinge of pain knowing I could make it dissapear and go on with my day happily. That is my weakness. Before I realized I was addicted, I found myself making excuses and finding pains to give myself a reason to take them. From backaches...to toothaches to headaches. Then ultimately it dawned on me I WAS making excuses did my back hurt THAT bad?? Couldn't I just lay down and rest?? Before I ever experienced any withdrawal was when it was truly on. I didn't know the repercussions of what I was doing. I didn't know what goes UP must come DOWN (hard)! I figured, I'll just quit and just stop taking them. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I cope with stress..I've had a rough life and from that I know I can handle most anything that comes my way emotionally. Pills can get anyone of us these days they are given out like candy by doctors. I was niave and stupid, and believed it couldn't happen to me and I learned the hard way it very well can. I know my limits, I know I'm not strong enough to not touch a bottle sitting in a cabinet. I know I make excuses to myself. But I do know I'm strong enough to not go to a dr begging to get them. I plan on avoiding any prescriptions. I learned I can't adderall even to treat my adhd. I could go to a dr right now to get another prescription, but I can't control myself with a bottle of anything in my house. So far I have done pretty well just completely avoiding....a friend of mine had a bunch of bottles of oxycodone, hydrocodone, you name it in her house left over from surgeries from her past. She doesn't like the stuff and I had a kidney infection and was in geniune pain, she offered me a 5mg (she doesn't know my history of course...I couldn't talk to her about stuff like this she would't get it) but as hard as it was to take it I said NO!! I'm fine. Even just that one 5 mg EVEN though I was in pain. I just know myself, I don't even wanna trigger that feeling in my brain ever again. I am traumatized with what happened to me the past two years. I don't like the fact that I don't have control over my own body with that stuff, the mind games, the physical withdrawal when you genuinely just don't want anymore. It can bring the strongest to their knees. This past year I have done a lot of reflecting, I hated myself anytime I took it...I was miserable the whole day. It just wasn't the same as that first year when I was ignorant about withdrawals. I was taking the least I could to stave off withdrawals and tried so many times to just wean, and just stop but I couldn't handle the physical withdrawals. I have lost faith in all doctors. I don't trust them, I ask with any sort of meds...do you have to wean off? Is it addictive? Slightly even? Then I don't want it. Prescription meds are the devil in a superman cape. Suboxone has been a god send for me. I never took over 2 mgs (took 2 by accident taking my husband 8 mg strip without knowing thinking it was .5 mg off the 2mg strip. I don't want it either I just don't want to be in pain from withdrawing from it because I tried cold turkey. I don't like the stuff I hate the taste...don't like the feeling, it gives me headaches and I hate feeling like a zombie. I learned my lesson the hard way....Ignorance is bliss. I am lucky that I didn't fall even deeper into that lifestyle, I just want this nightmare to be over. I'd love to help some people on here and tell them IT CAN happen to you. If you think about a drug, YOU are addicted. Period. It is in your brain and it will take you down if you give it the chance. I'm not taking any chances. I really hope one day I get to the point where I can get injured and leave the bottle full in my cabinet, if I never get to that point I pray that I never have to have a legitimate reason to touch it again. No more excuses, I know better now. I can't handle it period not even if I have a reason. This website helps a lot to really be honest with yourself, and was a huge wakeup call for me. 5 years ago I thought only a junkie could become addicted, that thinking is what got me into this whole. They aren't junkies...they are human beings, just like me. We all have our weaknesses.
                  Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

If you didn't notice so far, I am super sappy partially because of the emotional ups and downs right now...and partially because I am truly passionate about this and I want this so bad. Anyways for any of you reading who are struggling too (I see you peeping in ...heres my weekly inspiration. Hope it can help you too!

"When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
                    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
                    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
                    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
                    When care is pressing you down a bit-
                    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
                    Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,
                    And many a fellow turns about
                    When he might have won had he stuck it out.
                    Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
                    You may succeed with another blow.
                    Often the goal is nearer than

It seems to a faint and faltering man;
                    Often the struggler has given up
                    Whe he might have captured the victor's cup;
                    And he learned too late when the night came down,
                    How close he was to the golden crown.
                    Success is failure turned inside out -

The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
                    And you never can tell how close you are,
                    It might be near when it seems afar;
                    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
                    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."

Comment

Originally posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
                      Well everyone in my house has been complaining of a stomach ache. So I believe its just a virus or indigestion from something we ate. I feel much better today stomach wise. A little tired and not all that motivated but thats to be expected, my achy legs are getting better. I might stay where I'm at through the weekend and start my first skip day Monday! I really hope I feel like you did Alex! As far as N/A ( I know excuses excuses I would go if I had the time to go. My problem is I am a student and I have 3 children and no one really to watch them my life is very hectic. I don't have any friends that use, and I don't know anyone that does aside from myself and my husband who was recovering from an accident. How I fell into this trap was I was started on a prescription of Nycenta (Nucenta sp??) which was supposedly NON ADDICTING---(((NOT)))...due to a crushed broken Big toe for a few weeks, and then went on from there. Before that I never touched the stuff. At the same time my husband was recovering from an accident and had to have several surgeries and be in pain management for a little while, I had to care for him with my broken toe (the toenail was still crushed so it was painful to walk still) I was in a special shoe for a few weeks..so he gave me his meds to help me run around and take care of him and the kids. From there I kept going with my excuses until I one day tried to quit cold turkey and realized it had a hold of me. He was ready to stop and switched to suboxone to wean off and after trying cold turkey to quit a few times because I didn't like the meds anymore but was more chasing off the withdrawals. I heard it was much easier to wean with and decided I needed it too, in order to completely stop this rollercoaster nightmare. I realized at the same time I had no control with the pills to wean as well. The good thing is no one around me is involved in that lifestyle, I have no way to get them unless I found a random dealer on the street and I don't want the pills bad enough to find a way to get them. I can't justify spending a dollar on them (love money too much!! And I would feel too guilty taking that money from my family's needs) and I have no medical reason to get them. Having easy access was and is my downfall. If I know there is some in the house, it is VERY VERY hard for me to not make excuses anytime I felt any tinge of pain knowing I could make it dissapear and go on with my day happily. That is my weakness. Before I realized I was addicted, I found myself making excuses and finding pains to give myself a reason to take them. From backaches...to toothaches to headaches. Then ultimately it dawned on me I WAS making excuses did my back hurt THAT bad?? Couldn't I just lay down and rest?? Before I ever experienced any withdrawal was when it was truly on. I didn't know the repercussions of what I was doing. I didn't know what goes UP must come DOWN (hard)! I figured, I'll just quit and just stop taking them. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I cope with stress..I've had a rough life and from that I know I can handle most anything that comes my way emotionally. Pills can get anyone of us these days they are given out like candy by doctors. I was niave and stupid, and believed it couldn't happen to me and I learned the hard way it very well can. I know my limits, I know I'm not strong enough to not touch a bottle sitting in a cabinet. I know I make excuses to myself. But I do know I'm strong enough to not go to a dr begging to get them. I plan on avoiding any prescriptions. I learned I can't adderall even to treat my adhd. I could go to a dr right now to get another prescription, but I can't control myself with a bottle of anything in my house. So far I have done pretty well just completely avoiding....a friend of mine had a bunch of bottles of oxycodone, hydrocodone, you name it in her house left over from surgeries from her past. She doesn't like the stuff and I had a kidney infection and was in geniune pain, she offered me a 5mg (she doesn't know my history of course...I couldn't talk to her about stuff like this she would't get it) but as hard as it was to take it I said NO!! I'm fine. Even just that one 5 mg EVEN though I was in pain. I just know myself, I don't even wanna trigger that feeling in my brain ever again. I am traumatized with what happened to me the past two years. I don't like the fact that I don't have control over my own body with that stuff, the mind games, the physical withdrawal when you genuinely just don't want anymore. It can bring the strongest to their knees. This past year I have done a lot of reflecting, I hated myself anytime I took it...I was miserable the whole day. It just wasn't the same as that first year when I was ignorant about withdrawals. I was taking the least I could to stave off withdrawals and tried so many times to just wean, and just stop but I couldn't handle the physical withdrawals. I have lost faith in all doctors. I don't trust them, I ask with any sort of meds...do you have to wean off? Is it addictive? Slightly even? Then I don't want it. Prescription meds are the devil in a superman cape. Suboxone has been a god send for me. I never took over 2 mgs (took 2 by accident taking my husband 8 mg strip without knowing thinking it was .5 mg off the 2mg strip. I don't want it either I just don't want to be in pain from withdrawing from it because I tried cold turkey. I don't like the stuff I hate the taste...don't like the feeling, it gives me headaches and I hate feeling like a zombie. I learned my lesson the hard way....Ignorance is bliss. I am lucky that I didn't fall even deeper into that lifestyle, I just want this nightmare to be over. I'd love to help some people on here and tell them IT CAN happen to you. If you think about a drug, YOU are addicted. Period. It is in your brain and it will take you down if you give it the chance. I'm not taking any chances. I really hope one day I get to the point where I can get injured and leave the bottle full in my cabinet, if I never get to that point I pray that I never have to have a legitimate reason to touch it again. No more excuses, I know better now. I can't handle it period not even if I have a reason. This website helps a lot to really be honest with yourself, and was a huge wakeup call for me. 5 years ago I thought only a junkie could become addicted, that thinking is what got me into this whole. They aren't junkies...they are human beings, just like me. We all have our weaknesses.
                      In response to your earlier post I was probably on roughly .5 when I quit.

It sounds like you have your head in the right setting. Now to just continue on your path and then one day you will be here on the other side of things.

I learned my lesson the hard way....Ignorance is bliss. I am lucky that I didn't fall even deeper into that lifestyle, I just want this nightmare to be over. I'd love to help some people on here and tell them IT CAN happen to you.

I am traumatized with what happened to me the past two years. I don't like the fact that I don't have control over my own body with that stuff, the mind games, the physical withdrawal when you genuinely just don't want anymore. It can bring the strongest to their knees. This past year I have done a lot of reflecting, I hated myself anytime I took it...I was miserable the whole day. It just wasn't the same as that first year when I was ignorant about withdrawals

They aren't junkies...they are human beings, just like me. We all have our weaknesses.
                      This to is how I felt for some time now. I hated myself, hated the fact that when I looked in the mirror I couldn't see myself anymore. I couldn't carry on a conversation with my family members, I secluded myself to a personal hell. I was 'maintaining' each and everyday, worried about when family functions came around if I would be feeling well enough. Or what if my stepfathers medical issues worsened?

There was a lot of mental battles going on in my head. 'If I knew then, what I know now'... unfortunately that is not how the world works. I knew I was once strong. I've been in and out of the hospitial and on medication since I was a child w/ chronic gastro issues. So when I got slapped in the face with opiate addiction it was a swift kick to the guts. As I said earlier I maintained for two years and have had a lot of reflecting over the past year and I finally made my move. I am not naive tho and I do know this battle is not over and the power of addiction will forever be burnt into my soul and for this reason I am being vocal with my stepfather who means the world to me and informing him every week of my progress off the subs/opiates. I found by doing this, and thanking God every day and night for getting me through each day I'd like to think I am growing stronger, I know I sure feel stronger!

I hope if at any rate you try to continue with your forum posts as I think it will help you along the way.

Best wishes

-day23

Comment

heavyconscious, your words are so uplifting and motivating. im considering heavily trying the robert method to get off methadone. i came across this thread and i am so uplifted. gettinitoverwith, im so proud that you have taken the step to become free. i want it so bad i can taste it. i hope to soon be where you are

Comment

Originally posted by michaelhadenough View Post
                          heavyconscious, your words are so uplifting and motivating. im considering heavily trying the robert method to get off methadone. i came across this thread and i am so uplifted. gettinitoverwith, im so proud that you have taken the step to become free. i want it so bad i can taste it. i hope to soon be where you are
                          I am glad my words can be of help friend, this is part of the reason I am here. The other part is because it is of help to me. I too know that we truly hold and have the power to control our lives. My mind is clearer everyday and I am holding conversations with loved ones and friends.
                          I look forward to reading both of your stories of gaining control of your life again. It felt for so long that it was easier to run from the pain, then it was running to feel well. It is so easy to decide to numb your pain rather than face it. My first two-three weeks, even to this day I know I chose to FACE my pain/addiction and even if I do not feel physically 100% mentally I am very pleased. As I said in my earlier post I know I am not out of the woods and it is something someone will deal with the rest of their lives. I have read and heard it can take over a year for your brain functionality to be close to normal after opiate/sub abuse to this I am not positive. I know I am not expecting change overnight but the fact that I feel stronger and clearer everyday is proof positive to me. I am very thankful to have the parents I do and that I can now be vocal with my stepfather about this. I am also being vocal with a long lost best friend, one who had to fight for his life too. This helps me for so long I had no self worth. Everyday was auto-pilot and routine, no emotion no feeling. Yes I had emotion and feeling but I was so backwards and numb I could not feel it as it was happening. I am enjoying time with my family, my niece and my nephew. I look forward to spennding more time with whole family this year and catch up on lost time.

On a >>>>>> note gonna have to go to the doctor soon thinking I have a sinus infection or maybe ear. Past few nights been >>>>>> with pain in the teeth, didnt get much sleep besides a few hours in the early AM from like 6-845. If it does not go by Monday I will make an apt, have a apt on Tuesday for a cracked feeling.

It feels great even with this mouth pain to have the shackles released!

I wish you the best of luck michael, it is obtainable and you DO have the strength!

God bless

Comment

this is exactly what i needed. support through someone who has been there. my parents are a godsend also. but they just dont quite get it like someone with experience. im scared to death, but i want it bad. this methadone stuff is no joke. i will check the thread tomorrow to check on gettinitoverwith to see how he is. although short, this conversation helped immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyConceious View Post
                              I am glad my words can be of help friend, this is part of the reason I am here. The other part is because it is of help to me. I too know that we truly hold and have the power to control our lives. My mind is clearer everyday and I am holding conversations with loved ones and friends.
                              I look forward to reading both of your stories of gaining control of your life again. It felt for so long that it was easier to run from the pain, then it was running to feel well. It is so easy to decide to numb your pain rather than face it. My first two-three weeks, even to this day I know I chose to FACE my pain/addiction and even if I do not feel physically 100% mentally I am very pleased. As I said in my earlier post I know I am not out of the woods and it is something someone will deal with the rest of their lives. I have read and heard it can take over a year for your brain functionality to be close to normal after opiate/sub abuse to this I am not positive. I know I am not expecting change overnight but the fact that I feel stronger and clearer everyday is proof positive to me. I am very thankful to have the parents I do and that I can now be vocal with my stepfather about this. I am also being vocal with a long lost best friend, one who had to fight for his life too. This helps me for so long I had no self worth. Everyday was auto-pilot and routine, no emotion no feeling. Yes I had emotion and feeling but I was so backwards and numb I could not feel it as it was happening. I am enjoying time with my family, my niece and my nephew. I look forward to spennding more time with whole family this year and catch up on lost time.

On a >>>>>> note gonna have to go to the doctor soon thinking I have a sinus infection or maybe ear. Past few nights been >>>>>> with pain in the teeth, didnt get much sleep besides a few hours in the early AM from like 6-845. If it does not go by Monday I will make an apt, have a apt on Tuesday for a cracked feeling.

It feels great even with this mouth pain to have the shackles released!

I wish you the best of luck michael, it is obtainable and you DO have the strength!

God bless
                              >> like to hear about your story if you have time. success stories are motivators that help those of us on the other side

Comment

Working...
                              X