Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    To Gettinoverwith it and Jay- Day 3 at 0.75 and guess what? I still haven't had any problems! I am so amazed. Like I said, the only thing is a little sweating. I keep waiting for all hell to break loose. I really really hope the next drop goes as smooth as this one. Jay, I do think we are about the same in our taper. I think we will both go to .5 soon. How are you feeling?

    Tomorrow is day 4, and I know the plan says to give it 4 days. I haven't made up my mind, yet if I will go to 0.5 this Friday or wait till Monday. So far, my body is telling me I will be ready. My mind is telling me to wait bc I'm going to the beach this weekend and don't want to "feel bad" at the beach. I will be so glad when I don't have to worry about things like that anymore.

    Thanks everyone for checking in and I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected today!

    Christie

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
      To Gettinoverwith it and Jay- Day 3 at 0.75 and guess what? I still haven't had any problems! I am so amazed. Like I said, the only thing is a little sweating. I keep waiting for all hell to break loose. I really really hope the next drop goes as smooth as this one. Jay, I do think we are about the same in our taper. I think we will both go to .5 soon. How are you feeling?

      Tomorrow is day 4, and I know the plan says to give it 4 days. I haven't made up my mind, yet if I will go to 0.5 this Friday or wait till Monday. So far, my body is telling me I will be ready. My mind is telling me to wait bc I'm going to the beach this weekend and don't want to "feel bad" at the beach. I will be so glad when I don't have to worry about things like that anymore.

      Thanks everyone for checking in and I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected today!

      Christie
      I def know how that is lol. All I keep thinking about is my friends sons bday party this Sat I PROMISED >> go ugh. Ive missed her sons last bday so pretty much my friendship is riding on it lol...she thinks I just dont care. Cant exactly explain to her why Im not feeling well.

      Day 3 was always my worst day 4 was a little better. Its crazy one morning youll wake up feeling much better. You will see. For the beach depends on what you have planned. A nice relaxing day at the beach right now sounds amazing lol. Youd literally have an excuse to "lay around tanning" until you feel better. But I understand if you just wanna relax and enjoy your vacation. Monday would give you good time to stabilize too which for me only made it easier. Better in my book to give it a few extra days then too soon from what Ive experienced. Glad its going good! See! Just keep thinking how much worse it COULD be then you realize just how easy it really is!

      Comment


      • #33
        I also want to add, for anyone out there reading this....that I keep hearing how important exercise is. I am a very avid exerciser, lol. I run 4 miles 3-4 times a week and on the days I don't, I do omni-fit, which is kinda like cross fit, if you've heard of that. Basically we work out HARD in a field for 30 min doing anything and everything. I wonder if that is why my taper is going so well (so far). I MAKE myself go, even when I don't feel like it.

        Comment


        • #34
          I have also been on subs for several years, along with oxycodone(no apap) or whatever I could find at the moment for several years before that. There has been many times over the last few years where I truly thought I would be on sub maintenance for the rest of my life. I sometimes try and remember what "normal" feels like. I like to think that I remember what it was like. I know there are so many people out there that have been on subs for much longer than I have so I don't want to sound overdramatic but I really don't know if I truly remember what it feels like to be sober. All I know is that I want to re-learn that feeling so bad. While I have been able to be a fairly high functioning addict from the outside looking in, I want to be able to experience life in all its highs and lows and not depend on a substance to control my emotions. Anyways, I'll be checking back regularly to see how everything is going. Stay strong and keep your hopes high we have a disease that can be conquered!

          Comment


          • #35
            [QUOTE=auburn girl;427517]To Gettinoverwith it and Jay- Day 3 at 0.75 and guess what? I still haven't had any problems! I am so amazed. Like I said, the only thing is a little sweating. I keep waiting for all hell to break loose. I really really hope the next drop goes as smooth as this one. Jay, I do think we are about the same in our taper. I think we will both go to .5 soon. How are you feeling?

            Tomorrow is day 4, and I know the plan says to give it 4 days. I haven't made up my mind, yet if I will go to 0.5 this Friday or wait till Monday. So far, my body is telling me I will be ready. My mind is telling me to wait bc I'm going to the beach this weekend and don't want to "feel bad" at the beach. I will be so glad when I don't have to worry about things like that anymore.

            Thanks everyone for checking in and I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected today!

            Christie[/QUOTE}

            Hey christie...that's great!!' And ya we are both pretty close in our taper i went from .75 to .66. Sunday and feel fine...it was asmall drop i know.... wat ya think a lot of its mental right? Like just being on more you don't have to deal with everyday aches and pains etc?... this whole thing a lerning experience for me but I'm always happy to see others doing so well...keep up the good work and thanks for your help...you help me a lot ... im glad there is this forum and people to help...i have other support sytems...but this one is my FAVORITE at least for this aspect of my life so thanks!! Hope today go smoothly for you too..when you dropping again? I'm planning to drop to .5 sunday...peace Jay

            Comment


            • #36
              Sorry I'm on my phone was trying to edit and messed up the html...

              anyway i understand what you say about going to beach and waiting.... like i said i a lot mental right?...for instance i have tigers tickets april 19th takin kids then parents easter sunday ..... obligations.....


              i dunno i think its ok to wait till day after the beach....i can't tell ya for sure....i always have sunday off so sunday is the day i drop...so i myself even don't like doing much until i feel better...anyway good luck either way....sorry about my posts...my phone sucks i reeeally need to get my computer going again..
              have a great day!! JAY

              Comment


              • #37
                Hey Christie!

                I bet exercise is helping your taper. I need to jump back on that. I naturally have a high metabolism so I've always given myself the excuse I don't NEED to excercise because I don't need to lose weight. BUT I remember doing it for energy before and it helped a lot. I think I'm gonna start taking my son on morning walks/jogs and try pushing myself lately because now more then ever I need it! I miss having a dog for those reasons...it pushes you to take them out and walk them! Right now were in an apartment waiting to build a house, sold the home we were in Dec...so the apartment life doesn't help. I miss my yard. I would be out gardening RIGHT now. UGH. Anyways! Glad your taper is going smooth keep taking it easy! Enjoy the beach..why not. You only live once Monday will be here before you know it.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Your post really hit me. I have no idea what its like to be sober or "normal". Im lucky to have a lot of good friends that understand what im going thru but they really dont have a clue.
                  Took my last dose of suboxone last Thursday (1mg) and its not that bad. I haven't slept for 6 days but ive been keeping busy at work and only missed one day and that was only because I thought if I got really drunk >> be able to sleep...very bad idea!!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Good evening everyone!

                    Today is day 4 and I still am fine. So...my question is, do I drop tomorrow? Or wait to make it 7 days? I still can't decide. Jay, you are right. It probably is just mental. I haven't felt bad at all so far, so I don't know why I am a little worried. On a good note, I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow. My birthday is Monday and so this is my present. A nice weekend at the beach. I so need it.

                    Getting- you are lucky to have that high metabolism! I HAVE to exercise or I will gain weight. I really enjoy it, though. It's kind of like my therapy. If I'm having a bad day, nothing is better than putting in my ear buds and going for a long run through the woods.

                    TN- How is it going? I haven't checked your thread yet but I hope you are feeling ok. And I totally know what you mean. For so long I would always turn to a pill to push my feelings away. I don't know if I've felt "normal" in many, many years.

                    I hope everyone is having a great night! Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by fuct4life View Post
                      Your post really hit me. I have no idea what its like to be sober or "normal". Im lucky to have a lot of good friends that understand what im going thru but they really dont have a clue.
                      Took my last dose of suboxone last Thursday (1mg) and its not that bad. I haven't slept for 6 days but ive been keeping busy at work and only missed one day and that was only because I thought if I got really drunk >> be able to sleep...very bad idea!!
                      Hopefully you will be able to feel that very soon. I was going to jump at 1mg until I came here and realized I needed to go lower. 6 days? Wow. That sounds harsh! I don't think I could handle that. Even though your friends don't REALLY know what you're going through, you are lucky to have them. My husband is the only person who knows about this. And we're in it together. It really sucks having to carry this secret around.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        To both of you i wouldn't worry about not everyone knowing your suboxone issues...its really none of they buisness...i too keep it a secret from most.

                        hell i would get thrown in jail.if the profesionalls knew....on the other hand you say your freinds really understand what your going thru then say they really haven't a clue that's kinda a oxymoron isn't it? Sorry to bust your balls just something to ponder....that's all
                        anyway at auburn girl.... happy birthday!! And ya enjoy the beach for sure....do whatever to make yourself comfortable ya know.....or maybe you can.drop and being at the beach will make that even easier....whatever you decide i support that 100 percent....your dropping to .5 correct?....personally i feel great at the moment so sunday .5 it is...was thinkin about dropping sooner but decided to just stick with it till then....

                        my plan every sunday like this .5 .4 .3. .2 .1 skip a few days...0... maybe ill tweek that but that's a month and a half ill be done.... have you given long term thought about final taper?...I'm sure ill have alex tweek it but that's what i thought of in the past few days....

                        i dunno gonna closely follow you and gettinitoverwith and kats thread we all similar doses....however what works for one may not excactly work for others....we all win the race in the end but helps to objectively see what others are doing to more accuratly gage your own progress or something like that! Anyway...ill check wit ya this weekend either way we both goin to.5 rite...we can do it....peace jay

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          @Fuctforlife. ..ya know wat scratch what i said about freinds and what they know....damn i say some dumb.sht sometimes....ya know wat it doesn't matter....the point is you made it a week no subs!!!! And your managing to work that's awesome!! Keep it up and don't worry about wat some guy all hopped up on caffeine says...lol...sry your way ahead of the game then me as i aspire to be where your at.....at anyrate feel free to ignore me sometimes...anyways... ill check back tomorro see how yall are doing...peace jay

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
                            Good evening everyone!

                            Today is day 4 and I still am fine. So...my question is, do I drop tomorrow? Or wait to make it 7 days? I still can't decide. Jay, you are right. It probably is just mental. I haven't felt bad at all so far, so I don't know why I am a little worried. On a good note, I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow. My birthday is Monday and so this is my present. A nice weekend at the beach. I so need it.

                            Getting- you are lucky to have that high metabolism! I HAVE to exercise or I will gain weight. I really enjoy it, though. It's kind of like my therapy. If I'm having a bad day, nothing is better than putting in my ear buds and going for a long run through the woods.

                            TN- How is it going? I haven't checked your thread yet but I hope you are feeling ok. And I totally know what you mean. For so long I would always turn to a pill to push my feelings away. I don't know if I've felt "normal" in many, many years.

                            I hope everyone is having a great night! Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!
                            Auburn if you feel completely stable at .75 then you do not have to wait a week. You just need to listen to your body and if you feel fine then you can drop after 4 days. I notice you mention dropping to .50 and that is a 33% drop which might be to much of a drop. If you can get to .625 you might try that but working with 2 mg pills that will be very hard to measure. Since you have 2 mg pills you might want to consider dropping to .67 for the ease of measuring. You could cut a pill into 3 pieces and have 3 doses. Its a small reduction but considering your going to the beach the last thing you want is to drop to much and have discomfort while on your trip. At .67 your next reduction would be to .5 and that would be exactly a 25% drop there. Totally up to you but just thought I would pass that on to you. Have a nice trip and will talk with you later.

                            Alex

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Alex- I'm terribly bad with math and cutting the pills. Are you saying I cut 1mg (half of a 2mg pill) into 3 equal pieces?

                              Ugh I wish I has the strips. They are to expensive though. We even went up in price just to get these 2mg ones.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I have the 2mg pills too and I always hold my breath when I cut them because they crumble so easily. I bought a cool pill cutter that drops the pills inside the pill cutter so at least the crumbs dont go shooting across the room when I cut the pill in half. I used to hate that! I'd be like "noooooo (gasp), where did that piece go!?!?!?" And find myself squinting and crawling around the floor looking for the missile chunk that got launched.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X