No announcement yet.

Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get your pills from a doctor? If so, go to the suboxone website and print off a coupon! I think they have either a free month or $50 off. They used to have a voucher for free refills for x amount of months, dont know if that still is on the site though. Worth checking!

Comment

Originally posted by raven14 View Post
      I have the 2mg pills too and I always hold my breath when I cut them because they crumble so easily. I bought a cool pill cutter that drops the pills inside the pill cutter so at least the crumbs dont go shooting across the room when I cut the pill in half. I used to hate that! I'd be like "noooooo (gasp), where did that piece go!?!?!?" And find myself squinting and crawling around the floor looking for the missile chunk that got launched.
      Haha! That is hilarious. I do have a pill cutter, just like that. But it's still hard. I was getting the 8mg suboxone but switched to the 2mg subutex so it would be easier.

I do get them from a dr. But hopefully we (well- my husband goes and we share the script) will never have to go back. And hopefully never need another refill again. But I didn't know that. That is interesting stuff.

I read what a great doc and insurance you have. We have to pay $190 a visit (they won't take insurance or something). We WERE getting generic subs, 60 for like $15. Awesome! But they were so crumbly and like you said would shoot off and just crumble to pieces. Sooooo, now we just got 30 2mg for $70! I mean I can't wait to think of all the money we will be saving being off this c r a p.

Anyway, to update I only took 0.5 today. Wish me luck. I was going to try to cut it like Alex mentioned, but the hub had already laid out my dose for the day and had the bottle with him. So I just took the .5 piece.

Comment

The first doctor I went to in the beginning was like that. No insurance accepted, cash only and 190 a visit. She was shady and I only lasted a month there and then found the dr I have now. I can see why you are against going back, its so expensive. >> be flat out screwed if not for insurance because I dont have a high paying career. Why they have to make getting clean so expensive still baffles me.

im glad to hear your kicking butt at .5. Can I ask, at that low a dose, how small is the piece you take? I go to a suboxone support group once a week and one member showed me her dose and she laughed and said "if I were to hold it in my hand for to long, its so small, my sweaty hand would dissolve it".

My dr has a chart thats laminated and shows actual pills, 8mg and 2mg, cut down in doses and goes way down to this teeny tiny crumb of like .000025 of a 2mg (like as small as a pinead) so its a nice reference. She also has little comments written under each taper dose and under the smallest one she has this one "its mostly mental at this tiny dose, just jump, you already packed the parachute, just pull the cord".

Comment

Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
          Alex- I'm terribly bad with math and cutting the pills. Are you saying I cut 1mg (half of a 2mg pill) into 3 equal pieces?

Ugh I wish I has the strips. They are to expensive though. We even went up in price just to get these 2mg ones.
          Auburn - yes, Alex is saying if you cut a 2mg pill into 3 equal pieces you'll have roughly .66mg each. I used pills for most of my taper and I understand what you mean about the pills being crumbly. The easiest thing to do is crush them up and divide them into piles. I believe that's how Kat is measuring hers out as well.

An old member, HarrySmooth, made a Youtube video on cutting strips. I'm sure you can find one on cutting pills.

Good luck!
          Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I was gonna chime in the same about crushing them. I saw some tip about putting it in a plastic baggy and crush with a spoon...then you just have to find a dosing chart for dividing them into piles. Like if you have 16 piles= 1 pile=1/16th=your dose. (.125mg) or something. >> just find a dosing chart they're out there, unless your a mathematician. Unlike myself

Comment

So as of friday morning you dropped to .5? Just was stopping in to see how that workin for ya....ill stop in tommorro and see...as I'm droppinh to .5. starting tomorro as well... i felt my last drop on day one and felt good by day five..so hoping this drop is the same...lemme know how it goes for ya... these doses are starting to get reely smal and i too am having a hard time accuratly measuring my dose... just gotta work with it i suppose..wel have a good weekend and hope your drop in dose goes smoothlyy...peace..jay

Comment

Alex- I'm terribly bad with math and cutting the pills. Are you saying I cut 1mg (half of a 2mg pill) into 3 equal pieces?

Ugh I wish I has the strips. They are to expensive though. We even went up in price just to get these 2mg ones.
                No Auburn I was saying you cut a 2 mg pill into 3 pieces to get to .67. I see where you ended up taking .50 which hub had already laid out for you so I am glad you did not take what you thought I had posted to you or you would have only taken .33. Hope that .5 works out for you ok and that you have a good weekend. Talk to you later

Alex

Comment

Hey there. Just wanted to drop in to see how you're doing. So you're at .5 mg? How are you feeling?

Hope you're having a nice time at the beach. Happy birthday!
                  Kat

Comment

Happy Birthday! Forgot you said this is your bday present!

Comment

Hi there! Thank you guys for the birthday wishes! Just got back home and had a wonderful mini-vacation. Now back to reality.

I don't have a lot of time but wanted to update real quick. Today is day 3 on 0.5 and I have felt good but haven't slept much in the past 2 days. In fact I was wide awake pretty much all night both nights. Tossing, turning, kicking, pacing. The first night I tried 2 Benedryl and the 2nd night meletonin. Neither worked. Tonight I'm breaking out the trazadone. I can't STAND not sleeping. I have to work tomorrow and have a pretty busy day so I hope it works.

I have to go unpack but hope to check back in and see how everyone else is doing. I hope y'all had a good weekend and are doing well with the tapers/drops.

Ps. Alex if you read this is 50mg trazadone enough? I think that's what I have.

Comment

Hi there! Thank you guys for the birthday wishes! Just got back home and had a wonderful mini-vacation. Now back to reality.

I don't have a lot of time but wanted to update real quick. Today is day 3 on 0.5 and I have felt good but haven't slept much in the past 2 days. In fact I was wide awake pretty much all night both nights. Tossing, turning, kicking, pacing. The first night I tried 2 Benedryl and the 2nd night meletonin. Neither worked. Tonight I'm breaking out the trazadone. I can't STAND not sleeping. I have to work tomorrow and have a pretty busy day so I hope it works.

I have to go unpack but hope to check back in and see how everyone else is doing. I hope y'all had a good weekend and are doing well with the tapers/drops.

Hey Christie,

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. It sucks that you didn't get much sleep the past couple nights. How many mgs of melatonin did you take?

If I don't get good sleep, I get a little nutty...lol. I have sort of a nighttime ritual before bed: I make sure my room is cozy and inviting (clean bedding, very dark, lots of pillows, etc). Then, I take 5-10 mgs of melatonin. I take a nice, hot shower and afterward use a Bath & Body Works lotion which has a lovely, relaxing scent. Then I immediately get into bed and spend about 5 minutes doing some deep breathing. It all usually works like a charm!

Have you ever tried Valerian for sleep? That one works for me too. Hopefully Alex will chime in about the Trazadone. Hope you get a good night's sleep..zzzzzzz....

Kat

Comment

Good to see you had a nice weekend and .5 is holding you well. My script for trazadone is 150 mg but I rarely take a whole pill. I usually break mine and take 100 mg. I really cant tell you if I think you will need more then 50 mg. I was prescribed the 150 mg ones around 10 years ago and over time have found that 75 mg doesn't work for me but 100 mg almost always does. Everyone is different so maybe 50 mg will work for you especially since you have had very little sleep the past couple of days.

Alex

Comment

Raven- my dose is pretty small at .5. I was able to cut a .25 piece. Below that will be hard. It's funny you say that, my husband said the SAME thing about it dissolving. "Careful, your hands are sweaty!". I got the advice to crush it. I don't know why that scares me? Like I'm afraid I will waste it or not do it right.

Kat- thank you for your sweet words and advice. I will have to try the breathing. My melatonin is 3mg. You think I could take 2? The bottle says take 1 so that's what I always did. I do have some Valarian Root I picked up and haven't tried yet. Last night I did sleepy time tea and the trazadone (50 mg) and slept MUCH better. Still not great, was awake around 4:30am but it was wayyyy better than no sleep at all. Btw- are you at .5, too? How is that going for you? For some reason I thought you were done with your taper. Probably bc of all the great advice you give to everyone.

Alex- thank you for your reply. I just took 50mg bc I wasn't sure how it would affect me and had to work today. It helped! A lot! I don't want to have to take it all the time, though.

My next question is, is my next drop .325?? And how would I cut that pill? Remember I'm working with the 2mg subutex now. I thought about just going to .25 since I can just cut my 0.5 piece in half. I know it's not the plan. Thoughts on that? Anyone? I know I shouldn't rush it.
                            Last edited by Anonymous; 04-14-2014, 04:33 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Hey! Sorry to hear about your sleep. Have you tried not taking any "drowsy" medications. Benedryl during withdraws esp actually makes me more restless its a nightmare. I took allergy meds once through this process hoping to fall asleep..it actually kept me up making things much worse and I was groggy on top of it.

Comment

Raven- my dose is pretty small at .5. I was able to cut a .25 piece. Below that will be hard. It's funny you say that, my husband said the SAME thing about it dissolving. "Careful, your hands are sweaty!". I got the advice to crush it. I don't know why that scares me? Like I'm afraid I will waste it or not do it right.

Kat- thank you for your sweet words and advice. I will have to try the breathing. My melatonin is 3mg. You think I could take 2? The bottle says take 1 so that's what I always did. I do have some Valarian Root I picked up and haven't tried yet. Last night I did sleepy time tea and the trazadone (50 mg) and slept MUCH better. Still not great, was awake around 4:30am but it was wayyyy better than no sleep at all. Btw- are you at .5, too? How is that going for you? For some reason I thought you were done with your taper. Probably bc of all the great advice you give to everyone.

Alex- thank you for your reply. I just took 50mg bc I wasn't sure how it would affect me and had to work today. It helped! A lot! I don't want to have to take it all the time, though.

My next question is, is my next drop .325?? And how would I cut that pill? Remember I'm working with the 2mg subutex now. I thought about just going to .25 since I can just cut my 0.5 piece in half. I know it's not the plan. Thoughts on that? Anyone? I know I shouldn't rush it.
                                Yeah, I actually should have been done with my taper by now. I've been around the boards for a while now, so I've learned a lot about subs and the taper process. But, I've had a few "detours" along the way. In late October I had to have surgery and take pain meds, so that set me back. Then a few months ago I relapsed for 3 days on oxy. That was a big mistake and yet another set back. Im currently at .75 mg.

My sister told me about sublingual melatonin 5 mg. I found it at Rite Aid. I don't see any problem with you taking two 3 mg melatonin.

About your next drop: a lot of people go to .375 mg. That will be pretty impossible to cut, so I would recommend crushing it. That's what I do. I know you're afraid of "losing some". Don't be. It's easy, crush with the back of a spoon. To get to .375 mg: take your .5 mg piece and split evenly into 2 piles of .25 mg. Take one of the piles and divide it in half again. That will give you two piles of .125 mg. (Combine: .25 + .125 = .375 mg)

Don't go from .5 mg to .25 mg. That's a 50% drop.

Hope you have a nice evening.
                                Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X