No announcement yet.

Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin: I only just read about that. About the Benedryl. Tonight I will try the 2 melatonin and sleepy time tea. I was just checking out the vitamins at the grocery store today and noticed a melatonin and l- thymine (sp? My phone auto corrected me, can't remember the exact name) combo. I remembered reading about it here. I'm going to check out GNC soon.

Kat: Ok. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and crush it tomorrow depending on my sleep tonight and how I feel. I need to print out the instructions to have in the morning, LOL. It's been 4 days at .5 and I'm ok. A few hot flashes but it's not bad.

Comment

Ok the melatonin didn't work. I've been awake awhile now. Have I mentioned I really, really hate not sleeping? So my question is, is this "stable"? I'm fine during the day. It's the nights that suck. I was going to drop to .325 tomorrow but I wonder if I should wait a few more days. Sorry, these are just the thoughts and ramblings I'm having at 4:30 in the am. Gonna TRY to rest before I have to get up for work.

Comment

Hey ther auburn girl..just dropping by to see how you doing...
        you and me both on .5 now correct...its hard right! Well at night like you said...
        i too have the sleep issues at this low dose...for instance been waking up at four am and not being able to go back to sleep

is this stable? Should you drop to .375 forgive me if i got the dose wrong

Personally I've been toying with the idea of dropping to about that dose too....like you i feel ok in the day for the most part

emotions a bit overwelming but not dope sick ya know....
        ill be following your thread intently since you are closest to me as far as taper

i don't reely have any advice or suggestions (wish i did) and await others to chime in...all i can say is you can do it! Just hang in ther...ya know.....
        i wish i had more to say um sharks fan suggested to me that at night to get a cup of tea and read a good book as this will help your body get sleepy naturally cause tv and computers are counterproductive.....
        that's a hard one for me cause I'm addicted to the internet and tv as well ....lol

anyways....i keep telling myself this isn't so bad ..we can do this...YOU can do it...hang in ther...jay

Comment

Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
          Ok the melatonin didn't work. I've been awake awhile now. Have I mentioned I really, really hate not sleeping? So my question is, is this "stable"? I'm fine during the day. It's the nights that suck. I was going to drop to .325 tomorrow but I wonder if I should wait a few more days. Sorry, these are just the thoughts and ramblings I'm having at 4:30 in the am. Gonna TRY to rest before I have to get up for work.
          Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. I'm kinda surprised the 2 melatonin didn't work. As annoying as it is, keep trying different things: Valerian, hot bath/shower right before bed, Sleepy Time tea made strong, etc. Hopefully you'll find something that works. Sometimes at the lower doses sleep gets a bit tough. It's only temporary.

Were you able to get back to sleep after you woke at 4:30?
          Kat

Comment

Hey! I wanted to tell you what really helped me towards the end. my husband suggested it and it was genius really. Switching to dosing at night. If your having trouble sleeping. No matter what if your dosing every 24 hours your making progress. You will have to double dose one day for it to happen (taking the dose again at night) But the next day just go right back to the reg dose you were on, only at night. I looked it up (because I was thinking well hmmm that helped me so I wonder if anyone else did that) I saw many people did as well successfully weaning.

So if your at .5, tonight take the .5 again. Then the next 4-5 days feel it out) take the .5 again only at night before dropping your next 25%. Really watch your calculations also at this point. With the nighttime dosing, I had to do that but didnt think to try until I was at .125. I slept fine after that and havent had trouble sleeping since and this is day 6 off. Everyone else that tried that I read had less problems with sleep.
            Last edited by Anonymous; 04-15-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayryan View Post
              Hey ther auburn girl..just dropping by to see how you doing...
              you and me both on .5 now correct...its hard right! Well at night like you said...
              i too have the sleep issues at this low dose...for instance been waking up at four am and not being able to go back to sleep

is this stable? Should you drop to .375 forgive me if i got the dose wrong

Personally I've been toying with the idea of dropping to about that dose too....like you i feel ok in the day for the most part

emotions a bit overwelming but not dope sick ya know....
              ill be following your thread intently since you are closest to me as far as taper

i don't reely have any advice or suggestions (wish i did) and await others to chime in...all i can say is you can do it! Just hang in ther...ya know.....
              i wish i had more to say um sharks fan suggested to me that at night to get a cup of tea and read a good book as this will help your body get sleepy naturally cause tv and computers are counterproductive.....
              that's a hard one for me cause I'm addicted to the internet and tv as well ....lol

anyways....i keep telling myself this isn't so bad ..we can do this...YOU can do it...hang in ther...jay
              Hi Jay. Yep, I'm at .5 for the 5th day. We are in the same spot. I think I'm getting a little impatient and just want to do this. I was ready to drop today but after only getting 1 night of ok sleep during this entire drop I think I may give it a few more days. So you're doing ok? I read some of your thread. How is your sleep other than the up at 4am? I'm up at 1, 2, 3, 4...lol. Man, last night wasn't fun. Anyway, it seems like you're doing really well. Yeah, some things suck but we aren't dope sick, like you said. It's bearable. Hey, it could be far worse. Any idea when you plan to drop again, and are you going to the .325?

Thanks for dropping in and your support. I'm following you, too since we are at the .5 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
                Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. I'm kinda surprised the 2 melatonin didn't work. As annoying as it is, keep trying different things: Valerian, hot bath/shower right before bed, Sleepy Time tea made strong, etc. Hopefully you'll find something that works. Sometimes at the lower doses sleep gets a bit tough. It's only temporary.

Were you able to get back to sleep after you woke at 4:30?
                Kat
                Thank you, Kat. I keep telling myself that. Actually, I have some trazadone and took one Sunday night and it helped. I will do that again tonight. I just really don't want to have to take something like that every night. I know it's non-addictive or habit forming, but still.

That's funny you ask that. Actually I stayed up probably another hour reading through your thread. It's so long, I didn't make it the whole way through. It's so cool to read other people's stories and see how far they have come. There are lots of good reads and great people here. I just love how everyone helps each other out. I think I maybe put the phone away and dozed off for 15-30 min. before just saying screw it and getting up. It's so funny, I've never been a morning person, LOVE my sleep and hate my alarm clock. And now I'm up before the sun comes up getting ready for the day.

Btw how are you doing? Like I said, I didn't make it to the last page of your thread. I know we are also about right at the same dose. Do you sleep at night? I'm sorry if you've already told me this. It's hard to keep track here sometimes.

Thanks for all your help. I'll try the trazadone again tonight and just try not to make a habit of it. I knew this (insomnia) would come soon. I just have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
                  Hey! I wanted to tell you what really helped me towards the end. my husband suggested it and it was genius really. Switching to dosing at night. If your having trouble sleeping. No matter what if your dosing every 24 hours your making progress. You will have to double dose one day for it to happen (taking the dose again at night) But the next day just go right back to the reg dose you were on, only at night. I looked it up (because I was thinking well hmmm that helped me so I wonder if anyone else did that) I saw many people did as well successfully weaning.

So if your at .5, tonight take the .5 again. Then the next 4-5 days feel it out) take the .5 again only at night before dropping your next 25%. Really watch your calculations also at this point. With the nighttime dosing, I had to do that but didnt think to try until I was at .125. I slept fine after that and havent had trouble sleeping since and this is day 6 off. Everyone else that tried that I read had less problems with sleep.
                  Hmmmm. What time did you take it at night? I am one of those weird people that have to take mine at the same time every morning. I wake up, get ready, and take it as I'm leaving out the door. I know it sounds weird, and I guess it's a habit thing. And I've seen other people like this. That have trouble moving the times. It's def something I need to think about trying. Did you have trouble switching times (mentally)?

I hope you are doing good with, what is it 5 or 6 days sub free? That's awesome. Also I wanted to echo Jay and say what a positive attitude you have. It really is amazing. And thanks for always stopping by with kind words and advice. I really appreciate it. And everyone else, too. If I haven't already thanked you.

Comment

Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
                    Thank you, Kat. I keep telling myself that. Actually, I have some trazadone and took one Sunday night and it helped. I will do that again tonight. I just really don't want to have to take something like that every night. I know it's non-addictive or habit forming, but still.

That's funny you ask that. Actually I stayed up probably another hour reading through your thread. It's so long, I didn't make it the whole way through. It's so cool to read other people's stories and see how far they have come. There are lots of good reads and great people here. I just love how everyone helps each other out. I think I maybe put the phone away and dozed off for 15-30 min. before just saying screw it and getting up. It's so funny, I've never been a morning person, LOVE my sleep and hate my alarm clock. And now I'm up before the sun comes up getting ready for the day.

Btw how are you doing? Like I said, I didn't make it to the last page of your thread. I know we are also about right at the same dose. Do you sleep at night? I'm sorry if you've already told me this. It's hard to keep track here sometimes.

Thanks for all your help. I'll try the trazadone again tonight and just try not to make a habit of it. I knew this (insomnia) would come soon. I just have to deal with it.
                    I'm doing good, thanks for asking. I'm at .75 mg. My biggest complaint is the sweats/chills and some anxiety here and there. I've read that subs actually CAUSES sweating, especially in women. Yuck! I take like 2-3 showers a day..lol. Other than that, I'm doing ok.

Sleeping has been ok for me. Melatonin puts me to sleep, but sometimes I have trouble staying asleep. Last night I woke up 3 times. It's pretty annoying. I can usually fall back asleep within 15 min unless I'm feeling anxious, in which case my mind races like crazy. I hate that. For me, anxiety seems way worse during the middle of the night than during the day. Despite waking up at night, I usually manage to get about 7 hours of sleep.

One thing that I love doing if I have time is listening to a CD of guided meditation before bed. It's so relaxing! You should try it.

Hopefully you'll sleep well tonight. I'm sure you're exhausted.
                    Talk soon.
                    Kat
                    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-15-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Yeah the first day or two it was tough in the mornings getting going, because like you said I was so used to my morning routine... but not as bad as not sleeping. I just tried to stay out of the house as much as possible the first two days or so until I got used to it. I guess its like pick your poison...The only positive I can say about switching it to nighttime is by the time it came to the skip days, before any w/d symptoms got strong when the time passed that I was supposed to dose, I was sleeping and didn't have time to think about it. Opposed to skipping a morning dose. So I just cuddled up to my husband and fell asleep as fast as I could. My theory with that is if you may eventually have problems sleeping, due to not dosing right before bed, it will be right towards the end of the taper skipping days. Instead of through the whole taper. So thats why I stuck with doing that. I'd rather not sleep for 3-4 days compared to the whole taper. I never had problems sleeping after that through the rest of the process. (knock on wood, since I'm only on day 6!) Your welcome too.. Your helping me just as much! Knowing if I give up, that will just leave you guys hanging as well..that helps me push through. So yeah day 6! Symptoms are starting to creep up I guess since everything is mostly out of my system. Still very mild for now. (and better stay that way lol)

Trazadone sounds familiar! What is that? Is that a muscle relaxer? I remember when I went ct from opiates one time it was so easy on me because I believe I had trazadone...if its a muscle relaxer. That name rings a bell. I wish I had some through this process I would never have worried about sleep! A few muscle relaxers in low doses just for sleep until you get through the worst of it, work wonders. I used them before. They not only knock you out, but stop the restless legs and relax your whole body. As long as you get your rest you can function enough to get through the rest of it.

Comment

Oh ok nm I googled trazadone. I was thinking of something else. I need to find my pharmacology book and I could tell you what muscle relaxer I used for sleep before. That was CT off 60 mg oxy....which was brutal during the day but at least I slept like a baby because of these couple muscle relaxers. I took half of one at night for 4-5 days. Then I was fine sleeping. Didn't have any sort of bad side effects either. Now I'm gonna look them up cause its bothering me I can't remember the name lol..

Comment

Flexeril! That was the name. Worked like a charm. Anyways...if anyone gets any cramps or restlessness even anxiety it helped with. It just puts you in a comfortable calm sleepy state. I would just get a few and make them last to get past the problems sleeping. I never had any issues with those they didn't do enough to make me want more just to get over withdrawals.

Comment

Auburn besides the sleep issue it looks as if your taper is going along well. You typed .325 for your next drop and it should be .375 for a 25% reduction. I see where you were going to take trazadone again and that is what I would suggest you take especially since it worked the other night for you. Getting some decent sleep to me is really helpful at the end of a taper. trazadone is not a narcotic and it isn't habit forming and your really getting close to the finish line now so I would not be hesitant to take it. You are doing a great job and your drops have been going well for you and should continue to go well till you jump. If you were going to have any problems besides some minor symptoms I am pretty sure that they would have occurred once you went under 1 mg. you have made 2 drops now under 1 mg and going well. best wishes to you and will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

Hey just wanted to see how your day went before i crash for the nite

Um if you have trazadone i would try that....i think that's what alex took to help him sleep

me i have a few strategies....mainly supplements

Melatonin herbal chamomile tea and occasionally a half a otc sleeping pill

on back up i have phenibut clonidine nerotine and the dreaded benzos locked away in the safe
                              last summer i jumped at 2mg and didn't sleep much for two weeks so this time I'm ready

the strange thing is i haven't been taking anything at night except half a otc sleeping pill maybe a few times ....the past week or so i fall asleep and stay asleep quick...just been getting up erlier and erlier and stay up late too... i would say a good nite is four hours...hey its better then zero ya know

Alex said your next drop would be .375 making it 25 percent... and that sounds legit too me

i also want to hurry up and just jump already...feel like I'm forcing myself to go slower....my next drop will be to .4 which is only 20 percent but I'm dropping to that thursday i would drop to .375 but can't picture in my head how to cut it up to make .376 but if i cut 2mg into five peices that would make each peice .4 so I'm gonna try. that

anyways i dunno what i would advise i guess if you think your ready then go for it and drop some but if you feel like you need to stay at your current dose then that's ok too

i agree with you a lot of this is mental and that's been what's hindering me but imma try to suk it up and drop cause in all honesty i don't feel the withdrawals are that bad ya know...the mornings suk but the rest of the day is fine..ya know

anyway ill stop by later tomorro to see how you feel and wat you decide... remeber I'm relying on alex and kat..rose and others too to help me with my taper and i tend to make mistakes....

just trust your body and people here who have more experience tapering

it helps knowing your not alone in this rite? I got your back...jay

Comment

Ps i forgot..valerian root...a lot of people suggest that to me...i have yet to try it...trying to get the strait up root and not capsules...i enjoy the process of making tea ya know...anyways sorry...was just brewin up my chamomile and thought of it! Good nite...jay

Comment

Working...
                                X