No announcement yet.

Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I got some sleep last night. Yay! The trazadone works for me. I WAS exhausted. And getting b i t c h y with everyone. Alex- if you say it's ok to take every night, then I will. I trust your judgement. Will my body get immune to it to where I need more, though?? Just wondering.

Gettin: I have taken flexeril before. I don't have any acess to it now though. I'm so glad it's going well for you. You are so right, staying busy helps. And I am ALWAYS busy.

Kat: I sweat too, but it hasn't been that bad. I'm always paranoid checking my shirt pits for sweat marks (sorry, gross I know!) when I'm at work. Haha.

Alex- well if you say I'm ready, then I'm ready for the next drop. I thought I was, just was thinking abt the sleep issue. I'm actually surprised at how smooth this has been. I meant to type the .375. I got mixed up. I already took today's dose, so tomorrow I will do it. I'm gonna have to pull up Kats instructions on how to crush it to get that amount. I'm still nervous about that. Not that I'll lose it, but that I won't get it all under my tongue. I'm actually excited to go down more.

Jay- glad your hangin in!! It's not that bad, is it? And to think I was SOOO scared the whole time it would be aweful. So, I rely on the other advice too. Alex says I'm ready, so I'm gonna do it tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I think I'll be ok.

Hope everyone has a good day. It has turned off COLD here. Last weekend it was 80s on the beach and this morning I woke up to 34 degree weather. Makes it hard to get outside and exercise.

Comment

I tried tagging you in a post on my thread. Guess it didnt post! Check it out when you get a chance! Tag your it!

Comment

Glad to here u got some sleep...it was oppisite for me...i actually had.problems last nite..so we traded lol...anyways ya I'm dropping tomorro too....i really don't think.its that bad....of course that may change in a day or two...dunno kinda feel like I'm ready as ill ever be...anyways ill check back to see how that goes for ya....glad to see the trazodone works for u...i would pick.some up but my medicine cabinet pretty stocked as it is...ttyl jay

Comment

Glad the trazadone helped! Is it prescription? I took pharmacology a few years ago I've forgotten so much. Plus my memory lately sucks big time. I haven't had issues sleeping yet so far (the flexeril I meant I took once before when I was wd off opiates and it helped) so far I haven't taken anything for sleep..I'm still paranoid about sleep issues arising. Thats my biggest worry. Once I get about 14 days out I will stop stressing. Anyways glad the wean is still going well! Just figured I'd cheer you on a bit! Hurray! Just to give you guys some relief I totally screwed my wean up and I still did ok. I dropped from .5 to .25 to .125 . Still I didn't feel all THAT bad. Not bad enough to stop. So things should keep going really smooth for you at this rate!

Comment

Jay I'm sorry you didn't sleep! I feel ya! Lying in bed wide eyed awake is torture to me. Especially when my husband is sound asleep, I get jealous. He's also tapering. He's at .5 with no problems. He's always done it better than me, though. It's just no fair!

btw the trazadone is a prescription. It's actually an anti-depressant that is also prescribed for insomnia.

Tomorrow is the first day at .375!

Ok I actually have a few minuets to look around tonight so I'm gonna go check out yalls threads! Getting, thanks for cheering me on! Going to check on YOU now!

Comment

Auburn you asked if you would get immune to the trazadone and need more. I have taken it for several years and have never had to take more. Every once in awhile it doesn't help me sleep but that is very rare. I see where you are planning on dropping tomorrow and going to .375. To make things simple since you have 2 mg pills I would crush one of those and make 5 equal piles with it. That would make each pile .40 and that is close enough to .375. Hope this drop goes as smooth as your other drops which I think it should. Talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

Hey ther...i was reading on kats thread that u had trouble measuring and taking your dose

i can't help ya i have to work wit the 8mg strips...i cut up my new dose lastnite and i swear i didn't get one excacltly .4. some were bigger some were smaller... i don't know how to remidy that...just have to eyeball iton the plus side i too didn't know if >> feel the dose today it was so small..but it worked after a few hours...(i don't feel nothing..just withdrawal symptoms subside)

anyway hopefully kat can help you with the measuring etc....
                and between you and alex you sparked my interest in trazadone....does anyone know if you can take it with wellbutrin....I'm wanting to quit smoking next and want an anti/depressant during that....
                anyways i wish i would have considered trazadone before i got these benzos (still locked away btw)....
                it really works?

Anyway hope your drop goes ok today....i have today off so been on internet all morning..lol...gonna download some more music...ya got any suggestions...i been trying to find happy motivatinal stuff....jay

Comment

Thank you, Alex. I was able to crush the pill this morning (barely!). So....day one at .375. Although this plan is slow (to me), it is working. Thank you for coaching me through it. I just realized you've been clean for what, 2 years? That's amazing. Do you ever get cravings or urges?

I will report how I feel within the next few days. Today I'm great, but I'm sure I wouldn't notice a difference for a day or 2 anyway.

Jay, yes, the trazadone works for me. I've tried melatonin, sleepytime tea, valerian root (capusles), and benedryl and none of those really work (for me) when I'm wd-ing. This does. To be honest, it's not my prescription so I don't know much about it....kinda why I was scared to take it days in a row....so I can't tell you if you can take it with wellbutrin or not. Have you thought about an e-cig to quit smoking? My husband and I both have one. He used his to quit smoking and I had been quit awhile but would use his sometimes when I drink (which is rare- that's another story, too) so he bought me one. It has different levels of nicotine and you can go down in levels until you get the one with zero nicotine. You can get all these cool flavors, too. My favorite is like a mocha flavor.

Um....as for music....I dunno. I usually listen to mellow, sad, depressing stuff! I should change that! On Friday mornings I put on the Avett Brothers up real loud and clean house and kinda dance around. They are an acquired taste, though. What kind of music do you like?

Comment

While I'm thinking about it, Gettin' tagged me. Here is my list of things I look forward to once I am clean. In no particular order.

1. To be a better mom, get out and do more things with them.
                    2. Never go through WD again!
                    3. Not have to worry about failing a random at work
                    4. Just knowing I'm completely 100% clean and free of all drugs in my body
                    5. Yeah. Sex drive. My poor husband.
                    6. (I'll add one more) To be more of a morning person like gettin' mentioned.

When I was using a high mg of sub I would sleep for 12-14 hours straight. It is nice to be up in the mornings, now.

Comment

Those are all awesome reasons to quit subs!

and ya i have tried ecigs.... i will.pick a few up along with some nicotine lozenges.... i. just want a full arsenal ya know...
                      kinda like with quitting subs...i prepared for months and spent a lot of time and research buying supplents..obtaining comfort meds etc...
                      just still learning tho....
                      anyways how you feeling i know u dropped today ..

as far as music...its like anything else in my life...i had to change my taste in music because all the old stuff...stoner music...some dubstep and rap... all remind me of when i was partying....for instance i used to drive to the inner city detroit every single day for years and listend to nothing but rap and acted hard cause you have to be that way buying dope...anyways i can't listen to rap anymore...
                      lately been listening to eighties music cause it reminds me of when i was a kid and drug free.but anything happy and motivational

thought about downloading the music from rocky movies ya know when he workin out and training lol
                      anyways starting to ramble

but ya for sure i jammed some music when i cleaned the living room today to help out my kids mother...same as you..great minds think alike ...l

anyways you said your goin to .25 next? i think that's how gettin it tapered....(25 percent drops) myself alex is helping me with 20 percent drops so think the next one will be .33...
                      anyways...feels good right? We almost ther!!!!! Yeah lol...ttyl Jay

Comment

Yay I love those reasons! Good ones good inspiration. haha @ Jay about Rocky music. Omg Rocky comes to mind so many days....feels like were getting ready for a fight sometimes. LOL. "Dunna dun dunnnnnn dunna dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!" Wish I felt like that today! Jesus...whew night 7 and day 8 were a little rough on me. I've felt worse though.

@ Jay I took wellbutrin before for ADD. It wasn't too too bad it did help with motivation. I wasn't a huge fan. Probably would help lift some depression after. I just had an *issue* with my frenemy adderall. So I'm a little biased to stimulant type drugs. Most are very addictive. Wellbutrin though....I can say I never wanted anymore of that. Made my hair start to fall out! Yikes... I was shedding like a dog. I was on it two weeks and as soon as I saw hairs all over the place I was done. I love my hair too much lol. I'd be all ADD'd and depressed with my beautiful hair over that anyday lol. Not everyone has that side effect though, for guys I guess it would be less important but my hair is my LIFE lol. No go.

Glad your taper is better now Auburn now that your getting some much needed rest! Your a trooper. I didn't sleep good last night at all...now I'm searching for sleeping aids. Not sleeping is like chinese torture. Esp when like you said everyone else is sleeping like a baby. I felt the same way looking at my husband lol. He also had the AudAcity to tell me stop moving so much. Because my insomnia/tossing and turning I guess was bothering him as he was trying to smother me/cuddle yesterday. I'm a fan of cuddling lol..just not so much when I have his heavy ass on me as I'm all restless and uncomfortable and I'm constantly trying to roll over. If I can't sleep tonight I'm going just gonna suck it up and stop by a random (far far far away lol) urgent care and ask for some trazadone if you say it helps. I felt extra >>>>>> today. I haven't felt this bad throughout this entire time. So not sleeping definately worsens the withdrawal 10 fold in my book. If we can sleep! We can do this no doubt. I overall feel awesome otherwise.

So how well would you say you slept on it? Amazingly or it helped? Were in between insurances in my house I have to wait for "open enrollment". So I'll have to pay prob 70.00 for the visit. If its worth it and you slept easily its worth it to me!

Comment

Oh about the e-cigs! My husband recently got one from this vapor shop. He swears by it (compared to the e-cigs you can pick up at 711 or the BLU cig.) He let me try it...it does hit like a real ciggarette more so compared to others I've experienced. They also have tons of cool flavors. Cheaper then a pack a day.

Comment

Lol...just read your Post Auburn. "you can get all these cool flavors" LOL we talk too much alike

Comment

I accidently dropped 50% once. (because thats how bad I am at math lol...) It was not bad at all...stronger symptoms then the other drops of course. But not so bad that I thought enough about it to realize I dropped 50%! I really tortured myself. lol...all in all I have felt worse so you guys should be feeling better and better as it goes! Sorry so many broken up posts Auburn. I type something then go read the threads..respond then read lol. Don't mind me.

Comment

Originally posted by jayryan View Post
                                Those are all awesome reasons to quit subs!

and ya i have tried ecigs.... i will.pick a few up along with some nicotine lozenges.... i. just want a full arsenal ya know...
                                kinda like with quitting subs...i prepared for months and spent a lot of time and research buying supplents..obtaining comfort meds etc...
                                just still learning tho....
                                anyways how you feeling i know u dropped today ..

as far as music...its like anything else in my life...i had to change my taste in music because all the old stuff...stoner music...some dubstep and rap... all remind me of when i was partying....for instance i used to drive to the inner city detroit every single day for years and listend to nothing but rap and acted hard cause you have to be that way buying dope...anyways i can't listen to rap anymore...
                                lately been listening to eighties music cause it reminds me of when i was a kid and drug free.but anything happy and motivational

thought about downloading the music from rocky movies ya know when he workin out and training lol
                                anyways starting to ramble

but ya for sure i jammed some music when i cleaned the living room today to help out my kids mother...same as you..great minds think alike ...l

anyways you said your goin to .25 next? i think that's how gettin it tapered....(25 percent drops) myself alex is helping me with 20 percent drops so think the next one will be .33...
                                anyways...feels good right? We almost ther!!!!! Yeah lol...ttyl Jay
                                Yep, Jay I'm doing the 25% drops. I will go to .25 HOPEFULLY in 4 days. Then the .125. (although I think that is a 50% drop) Then.......the big jump. Pretty nervous about that but I have been following GettinItOverWith and look at the others, Alex, and someone else. They did it ok. So I know I can do it. It's mainly just the fear of the unknown I think. Before I found this site I was SO scared. The last time I had to wd it was pretty bad so that is what I was expecting. Little did I know this can be done. Also, my hub and I are going to do it (jump) at separate times so at least one of us can be ok to take care of kids. But I am thinking it won't even come to that! (in bed, can't get out to function) How awesome is that?!

So today I have felt fine! Even went for a run. Which brings me to music. I had to LMAO at you "acting hard". I can only imagine. I only listen to rap when I run. Nothing like having some Eminem or Lil Wayne screaming in your ear to make you run harder and faster. I also have "The Eye of the Tiger" on my running playlist.

80s....I don't know how old you are. But I used to love the soundtrack from Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club. Actually I think I may go check out iTunes right now for that! I also love the Cure (although they are not happy music at all!) and Talking Heads.

I read your plan. It sounds good! It won't be long now. We are getting so close.

Hey, are you worried at all about losing your "crutch"? I can't remember how long you've been on subs. Me- at LEAST 5 years if not more? I've been having a few cravings lately. They don't last long. They pass pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X