Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    Yay I love those reasons! Good ones good inspiration. haha @ Jay about Rocky music. Omg Rocky comes to mind so many days....feels like were getting ready for a fight sometimes. LOL. "Dunna dun dunnnnnn dunna dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!" Wish I felt like that today! Jesus...whew night 7 and day 8 were a little rough on me. I've felt worse though.

@ Jay I took wellbutrin before for ADD. It wasn't too too bad it did help with motivation. I wasn't a huge fan. Probably would help lift some depression after. I just had an *issue* with my frenemy adderall. So I'm a little biased to stimulant type drugs. Most are very addictive. Wellbutrin though....I can say I never wanted anymore of that. Made my hair start to fall out! Yikes... I was shedding like a dog. I was on it two weeks and as soon as I saw hairs all over the place I was done. I love my hair too much lol. I'd be all ADD'd and depressed with my beautiful hair over that anyday lol. Not everyone has that side effect though, for guys I guess it would be less important but my hair is my LIFE lol. No go.

Glad your taper is better now Auburn now that your getting some much needed rest! Your a trooper. I didn't sleep good last night at all...now I'm searching for sleeping aids. Not sleeping is like chinese torture. Esp when like you said everyone else is sleeping like a baby. I felt the same way looking at my husband lol. He also had the AudAcity to tell me stop moving so much. Because my insomnia/tossing and turning I guess was bothering him as he was trying to smother me/cuddle yesterday. I'm a fan of cuddling lol..just not so much when I have his heavy ass on me as I'm all restless and uncomfortable and I'm constantly trying to roll over. If I can't sleep tonight I'm going just gonna suck it up and stop by a random (far far far away lol) urgent care and ask for some trazadone if you say it helps. I felt extra >>>>>> today. I haven't felt this bad throughout this entire time. So not sleeping definately worsens the withdrawal 10 fold in my book. If we can sleep! We can do this no doubt. I overall feel awesome otherwise.

So how well would you say you slept on it? Amazingly or it helped? Were in between insurances in my house I have to wait for "open enrollment". So I'll have to pay prob 70.00 for the visit. If its worth it and you slept easily its worth it to me!
    I had to LOL at this " He also had the AudAcity to tell me stop moving so much." To funny. Last night mine asked me to cuddle and I was like "ok I'll try". It didnt' last long. I couldn't be still enough. I dunno if this is to personal or not, but is your husband clean? Is he pretty supportive?

OK. Trazadone. YES. It works 100%. Amazingly. Not just helped. And I'm like you, I can't STAND to not sleep. It's torture. I slept very well through the night. Last night, I went to bed around 10 and woke up about 5ish (that is still early for me), laid in bed tossing until 6:30 when it was time to be up. I maybe woke up once or twice during the night but went straight back to sleep. It is amazing. If I didn't take that I would see the sun come up just like you. I hate that broken sleep where you toss and turn and try to sleep and doze off a little and only end up getting a few hours (if that) here and there.

Comment

I accidently dropped 50% once. (because thats how bad I am at math lol...) It was not bad at all...stronger symptoms then the other drops of course. But not so bad that I thought enough about it to realize I dropped 50%! I really tortured myself. lol...all in all I have felt worse so you guys should be feeling better and better as it goes! Sorry so many broken up posts Auburn. I type something then go read the threads..respond then read lol. Don't mind me.
      It's ok I do the same thing. I was actually gonna ask you about your 50% drop. You'd think at that low a dose it doesn't matter. But I guess it does??

Comment

Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
        I had to LOL at this " He also had the AudAcity to tell me stop moving so much." To funny. Last night mine asked me to cuddle and I was like "ok I'll try". It didnt' last long. I couldn't be still enough. I dunno if this is to personal or not, but is your husband clean? Is he pretty supportive?

OK. Trazadone. YES. It works 100%. Amazingly. Not just helped. And I'm like you, I can't STAND to not sleep. It's torture. I slept very well through the night. Last night, I went to bed around 10 and woke up about 5ish (that is still early for me), laid in bed tossing until 6:30 when it was time to be up. I maybe woke up once or twice during the night but went straight back to sleep. It is amazing. If I didn't take that I would see the sun come up just like you. I hate that broken sleep where you toss and turn and try to sleep and doze off a little and only end up getting a few hours (if that) here and there.
        Lol, yeah my husband is super cuddley which I love usually. Cause so am I .....Just not so much when I feel like there's a 1000 lb dead walrus pinning me down last night. (He's only 180 lbs really lol...but you know what I mean) He's a heavy sleeper so I literally have to wiggle my way away. He is trying to see how he will feel getting off the Suboxone slowly testing the waters. Doing it his own way on his time, but I can't push him so much about it because he genuinely uses it for pain and uses it responsibly, the strips. He has a bad ankle, from a motorcycle accident and had 4 different surgeries over the past 4 years on it. They finally fixed it (as much as it will ever be fixed) with the last one in 2012. He was told he may have to be on some low dose of pain killers to function. BUT that was by a pain management Dr so......you know how that is. He thinks hes physically about ready to be off. His ankle does ache occasionally pretty bad after work, so he said if he HAS to be on something the suboxone does help with pain so he'd rather be on that then pills anyday where his tolerance climbed and climbed. It is his choice though. Sometimes he says he wants to just be off everything, but I know its hard for him because of his ankle. He had an ankle fusion which is where there is no longer a joint there just one solid bone. He's had it rough with that ankle, like I said a bunch of surgeries. He's lucky to have his ankle though joint or no joint because of his accident crashing at 80 mph on his motorcycle. It literally (gory as it sounds but true) completely snapped his leg in two at the ankle, dangling by only a peice of skin. The surgeon literally mended everything back together and MIRaculously now he can still wiggle his toes! Which if you saw it you'd know just that is even a miracle. The first dr sent him to the other surgeon and pulled me aside very sadly told me 50/50 chance he was gonna lose his ankle and need a prosthetic. He predicted amputation. So he geniunely has pain even after the fusion, the fusion was to lessen his pain but it will still be there. He is super supportive of me of course though mentally. Though he could help more around the HOUSE lol. Like take out the trash for starters! He blames himself and feels at fault about me being in my situation. So he's also kind of my motivation to be done with all this mess. I don't want anyone feeling guilty over my choices you know. Especially not feeling sorry for me...No one forced pills down my throat. I'm a grown woman.

If he does stay on it. That is ok though because I never liked the suboxone, just hated withdrawals worse. They gave me nasty I mean nasty migraines to the point of tears sometimes and I personally hate the way I felt on them. I felt very zombified and just plain weird for lack of a better word lol. Very awkward. So I know I don't want them. I really hope he doesn't have to ever get back on the pain pills though. He is on 2 mg of suboxone and it helps his ankle pain he says and he feels much more normal then the other option.

Comment

Good with the trazadone! Man I might just have to suck it up and go to urgent care. I have yet to go to a dr and tell them I'm going through withdrawals. UGH. Just the looks and questions, doesn't sound like fun. When I think about it I'm like HMmmmmm what kind of story can I come up with so this is not as embarrasing? Because " Umm what had happened was....I broke my toe finished my entire bottle of pain meds, then found my husbands 100 pill bottle oxycodone laying around and took those for over a year...then I got on suboxone for 4 months trying to get off the pills TheN I weaned off that THEN I was fine..NOW I can't sleep" I can only imagine the drs face..lol So yeah. Trying to think of something! I'm thinking maybe, I hurt my ankle took some pain meds and now I'm having withdrawal. Bam simple enough. NOne of their business!

Comment

Oh about the 50% drop. It mattered big time. Bad drop...very achy, chills, and just felt way worse. No matter what weaning takes time. Might as well not rush it. Whats 2 weeks uncomfortable to 1 week of >>>>. After its over that extra week or two wouldn't matter!

Comment

Good with the trazadone! Man I might just have to suck it up and go to urgent care. I have yet to go to a dr and tell them I'm going through withdrawals. UGH. Just the looks and questions, doesn't sound like fun. When I think about it I'm like HMmmmmm what kind of story can I come up with so this is not as embarrasing? Because " Umm what had happened was....I broke my toe finished my entire bottle of pain meds, then found my husbands 100 pill bottle oxycodone laying around and took those for over a year...then I got on suboxone for 4 months trying to get off the pills TheN I weaned off that THEN I was fine..NOW I can't sleep" I can only imagine the drs face..lol So yeah. Trying to think of something! I'm thinking maybe, I hurt my ankle took some pain meds and now I'm having withdrawal. Bam simple enough. NOne of their business!
              Girl all you have to say is "I have trouble sleeping and a friend recommended/gave me trazadone and it worked, I'd like to try it". Simple as that! Now, the clonidine may be a little more tricky.

I have been to the ER twice during wd. Mainly bc I got so dehydrated and so weak I needed fluids and I wanted anti-nausea meds. Plus I'm a huge baby. I swear I lost 10lbs in like 2-3 days. I wasn't looking for more pain meds. They always asked me if I had been taking anything and I always said no. I don't need anyone judging me. "I think I have a stomach bug" is what I said. They must have known. I always wonder if they figure out what's really wrong with me.

Comment

You know I really don't think they can tell because a stomach bug is really similiar ya know. My biggest worry is just having to face the same people once I start working as a nurse! Could you imagine if your business got out around the office. Women can be catty >>>>>es to say the least. I'm the least judgemental person in the world so I get extra pissed when someone talks about other people they don't understand.

I will definately take your advice if I can't sleep. Good idea

Comment

Hey ther just droppin by and see how everyone doing before i go to work
                  btw i like your idea about the baby powder easter bunny prints! I was telling my kids mother about it and she thought it was neat too!

ya i can relate to the kicking/tossing and turning when.sleeping next to someone...
                  personally i have slept on the couch the past few weeks every night....
                  i can't get confortable cuddling or anything usually lately so i told my kids mother ill be on the couch for the time being...problem solved but i do miss our bed.....

anyways ya sounds like you doin pretty good with your drop....
                  sleep issues are to be expected i.suppose and is normal/to be expected..

Anyways your doin great!! We can do this! Its not so bad rite?
                  Hope you and your family have a fun easter together! Peace jay

Comment

Thank you Jay! I bet you do miss the bed! How are you doing? Still at .4? Feeling ok?

I thought I'd give an update. Today is day 3 at .375. I haven't even really noticed the drop from 0.5. I have been sneezing a TON, but it's also allergy season and my car is yellow with pollen. I got some chills last night, but not bad. I have been sleeping great, I'm sure that's bc of the trazadone that I just decided to give in and take every night per Alex. I woke up this morning feeling a little anxiety. I can't explain the feeling, but I'm sure you all know what I mean. So far, so good. I keep saying how amazed I am. One more day at this dose, and Monday drop to 0.25. Now, I know a lot of people can drop from here, but I'm gonna go lower. I want as little pain as possible.

My question is: since I'm bad at math, What will be my next drop after 0.25, and how will I cut that with my 2mg subutex. I've mastered the crushing of the pill, lol. I was thinking of making it easy and just going straight down to 0.125, but I know that is 50%. Thoughts?? Has anyone here jumped from 0.25? I'm concerned bc most the ppl I've been reading about (and I've read through a lot of the threads, induction all the way to taper complete) have been on sub short term. I've got YEARS. Many years. Just a little worried is all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

• Hey ther...i was just about to get off of here and hop.in the shower...seen your awake so seein how ya doin

Anyways glad the trazadone working for ya...i too have slept great the past two nights...so guess we both found something that works..
                      ya I'm still at .4 planning to drop to around .33 next week

withdrawals are similar too yours...but staying focused and getting by...
                      i keep telling you and myself its not so bad rite? Lol.... i think a lot of it mental...sure it is uncomfortable at times...but we are determined right?

I truly beleive we can do this...you can do it...you made freinds here to help ya gettinit for instance you two have a lot in common and look how good she is doing ya know.....won't be long and you'll be able to say you have a week off too!..

hang in ther.... as far as your next drop..
                      kat has been helping you right...she has experience with the 2 mg pills i beleive...
                      alex has experience with the 8mg films so I'm going by his advice
                      well i gotta get ready soon...peace and have a great day!!! Jay

Comment

• Originally posted by jayryan View Post
                        Hey ther...i was just about to get off of here and hop.in the shower...seen your awake so seein how ya doin

Anyways glad the trazadone working for ya...i too have slept great the past two nights...so guess we both found something that works..
                        ya I'm still at .4 planning to drop to around .33 next week

withdrawals are similar too yours...but staying focused and getting by...
                        i keep telling you and myself its not so bad rite? Lol.... i think a lot of it mental...sure it is uncomfortable at times...but we are determined right?

I truly beleive we can do this...you can do it...you made freinds here to help ya gettinit for instance you two have a lot in common and look how good she is doing ya know.....won't be long and you'll be able to say you have a week off too!..

hang in ther.... as far as your next drop..
                        kat has been helping you right...she has experience with the 2 mg pills i beleive...
                        alex has experience with the 8mg films so I'm going by his advice
                        well i gotta get ready soon...peace and have a great day!!! Jay
                        You're totally right. It's not bad at all. We can do this! Quitting isn't even an option for me. I AM stopping this drug, no matter what. It's time, I'm ready. I should've done it a lot sooner. Fear held me back. And you can too. Look how great you are doing! Super proud.

btw: I swear I posted to you in your thread but it either disappeared or something? I even remember what all I typed and everything but it's gone.

Have fun at the Tigers game. I myself can't wait for football season.
                        Last edited by Anonymous; 04-19-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Hey girl,

Your next drop after .25 mg will be to .125 mg. All you need to do is divide a .25 mg pile in half. The easiest way: take a 1 mg piece, crush it into powder and split it evenly into 4 piles - which will give you 4 piles of .25 mg each. Then, take one of those piles and divide it in half to get .125 mg. Voila!

Don't worry about jumping from .25 mg because you've been on subs so long and want to get off ASAP. All the more reason to taper down very low for a smooth "landing". It's been years, what's another week to get this done comfortably and successfully? I've been on subs for over 7 years and will definitely be tapering down to .125 mg before jumping.

You got this. You're doing great!
                          Kat

Comment

• I'm trying to wean myself off of a 30mg a day percocet habit. I've been taking 2mg of suboxone a day for five days and feel fine. Will I have withdrawls from the 2mg of submoxone when I run out?

Comment

• Someone else may be able to tell you better, but if you went on right from 30mg. of perc. to 2mg. sub, you pretty much delayed the inevitable. Depends on how long you've been on the percs. I can't say how much the sub will effect the w/d. You pretty much used a sledgehammer to try to kill a fly. If you were on 30mg. of percocet a day, you would have been through the worst of the w/d by now and working on the upside of your w/d. The worst case is that you will have some w/d from sub: subs are many times stronger than percocet and are a class of opiate. 2mg. of sub is strong indeed. Of course you are feeling fine, subs are designed to control the w/d symptoms of people coming off heavy habits and also gives them time to adjust to the idea of not taking opiates. But suboxone isn't this wonder "drug" that will "magically" cure your w/d and stave off any pain. Although people are out there who go through a painless taper, most experience some form of w/d symptoms on the way down. I'd get off of it as soon as possible.

Peace,

Iloerose
                              Good luck.

Comment

• Doitchy: What I should have added is that you should check out the Thomas Recipe (minus the benzos, or very sparingly). There are other things to add to good ol' Thomas like:

Loperimide (immodium)
                                Gatorade (good for electrolytes as well as any RLS)
                                A good multi-vitamin and a mineral supplement (magnesium as people here suggest helps quite a bit)
                                Hyland's Resful Leg or other Hyland's product for restless leg
                                An OTC sleep aid: melatonin works well, some use sleepy time tea STRONG and hot baths/showers
                                Exercise
                                L-Tyrosine with b-6 for energy
                                Stay positive and stay hydrated

Comment

Working...
                                X