Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doitchy View Post
    I'm trying to wean myself off of a 30mg a day percocet habit. I've been taking 2mg of suboxone a day for five days and feel fine. Will I have withdrawls from the 2mg of submoxone when I run out?

Rose has it right...i would even go as far as to say suboxone quitting suboxone is just as harsd as anything else if not moreso because of the long half life...
    true hard opiates like H will make you feel like you wanna die...but only last a week tops...
    suboxone the withdrawals are A LOT milder but last A LOT longer....
    its a toss up really...but i would say sub the lesser evil...but still no joke....you ain't outta the woods yet...you need a plan...jay

Comment

I'm trying to wean myself off of a 30mg a day percocet habit. I've been taking 2mg of suboxone a day for five days and feel fine. Will I have withdrawls from the 2mg of submoxone when I run out?
      Hi doitchy. I don't know for sure, so I would hate to give you the wrong answer. I guess it depends on how long you have been taking the percs. How long have you been doing that? I do agree with Rose, the suboxone is A LOT stronger than 30mg of Percocet. You probably should have just toughed it out and never taken the suboxone in the first place. I'm really not sure what to tell you. Sorry I'm really no help. Maybe someone else can help you soon. I think most people are out enjoying the weekend right now.

Oh I see jay responded. We posted at the same time.
      Last edited by Anonymous; 04-19-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

doitchy you would have been better off to ct off the percs. five days is not long enough to become dependent on subs but you need to stop now or reduce to 1 mg for a couple of days then 1/2 mg for a couple of days then stop. Then I would use the Thomas Recipe

Alex
        Last edited by Anonymous; 04-19-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• auburn good to see the trazadone has helped you with your sleep. You have been wondering about what to drop to after .25. If you can measure it you should go to .1875. That would be a .25 piece cut into 2 piles of .125 each then cut one of those in half. That would be a 25% reduction and I know with such small pieces it has to be a pain. Best wishes to you on rest of your taper and will talk to you later.

Alex

Comment

• Thank you, Alex. I always wait for you and Kat to chime in.

So....today I went down to 0.25. I'm feeling great and getting excited/nervous that I'm almost there. Still amazed I've had very little wd symtoms! So glad I took yalls advice and followed this method. I wish everyone would.

Comment

• Hey just wanted to cheer you on, on your thread! You got this!!!!! 3 days no sleep if you can handle that you can handle anything! You'll be off before you know it!

Comment

• Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
                Thank you, Alex. I always wait for you and Kat to chime in.

So....today I went down to 0.25. I'm feeling great and getting excited/nervous that I'm almost there. Still amazed I've had very little wd symtoms! So glad I took yalls advice and followed this method. I wish everyone would.

Right... i feel the same way... i want to convince everyone to quit.opiates and taper the way we did...lol...
                its like we discovered the fountain of youth or somethin..
                glad you feelin good and ready to be done...not much longer!!!!
                I'm confident you will.be succesful...
                down to .25 is awesome...keep up the good work!....feels good right jay

Comment

• Originally posted by jayryan View Post
                  Right... i feel the same way... i want to convince everyone to quit.opiates and taper the way we did...lol...
                  its like we discovered the fountain of youth or somethin..
                  glad you feelin good and ready to be done...not much longer!!!!
                  I'm confident you will.be succesful...
                  down to .25 is awesome...keep up the good work!....feels good right jay
                  Exactly! The fountain of youth. I just want to go and tell everyone and help them and show them the way. Seriously though. I'm super happy and thinking it'll be a week and I'll make the big move. Yes, a little scared. A little nervous. But I can handle a little discomfort as opposed to what we have all been through to many times before. We still have to pay a price. I've been reading over some threads of ppl jumping and it puts me at ease.

I was reading your thread and it just makes me happy. Bc I know you have been through a lot, too. I'm really happy and proud of all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
                    Hey just wanted to cheer you on, on your thread! You got this!!!!! 3 days no sleep if you can handle that you can handle anything! You'll be off before you know it!
                    Thank you! Yep, those 3 days really were not fun! You really got to be in the mind set that it won't last, and just suck it up and get through it. Seeing that you did it really helps! Thanks so much for the encouragement . I hope it's getting better and better for you.

Comment

• I definately am! I'm coming down with something I caught from my son, he had a fever all weekend that finally broke today. My good old weak immune system from drugs. But just feels like your average everyday sickness. I think I'm over the worst of it. Still a little breathless if I push myself too hard but my house is clean! Caught up with my mountains of laundry (from the weaning process lol) and pretty much picked up the pieces in my life that I have been slacking on! Feels good!

Just add to your list of any supplements some vitamin C supplements and I just learned about this Adrenal support supplement. They say your immune system gets very weak from withdrawal so its very easy to get sick or infections etc. Um its true. 12 days in and I caught something. I used to never get sick. Maybe once a year. So your at .25?!?! Congrats!! Keep going with the 25% drops and it will be even easier! I dropped from .25 to .125 which was 50% and I felt it harder then the jump believe it or not...super super achy joints. It was rough. So just keep with the 25% though you see this tiny bit of medicine and your like there is NO way 25% of that is gonna matter. It does. Trust me lol....learn from my mistakes and just keep at it with the 25% drops and very very soon you will be home free!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by auburn girl View Post
                        Thank you, Alex. I always wait for you and Kat to chime in.

Auburn since your down to .25 and feeling very little symptoms then I really believe rest of your taper and jump will be the same. If you were going to have any nagging symptoms they would have already started at a higher dose. Cant wait to see you at the finish line soon.

Alex

Comment

• I'm heading off to bed but wanted to say congrats on another drop! You're so close to the end now.

Hope you sleep well. Will talk soon.
                          Kat

Comment

• Just dropping in again to see how .25 working out for ya..... i dropped the same day as you i think but went to .33...and feel fine didn't even feel.it like i did at other drops...think imma try to get to .25 By weekend

anyways I'm following you intently as your like a canary in the mine well you and gettin it cause your just ahead of me...hope you don't mind that reference lol
                            i really think everything will be ok...I'm super excited still.for every one...
                            i would suggest loading up on vitamin C for your jump...
                            i have read your immune system.is affected during withdrawal...and gettin it now being sick.i wish i would have suggested it to her but didn't think about it....echinacia is a good herb for the immune system too....
                            anyways next week your jumping?...congrads...
                            even minor withdrawals it is doable i am thinking...i haven't decided when ill.jump yet but soon too....probably a little longer away..but that's ok..
                            anyways hope your feeling good still and have a great day....peace jay

Comment

• Hip hip hurray!!!!!! Hope today was easy on ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
                                I definately am! I'm coming down with something I caught from my son, he had a fever all weekend that finally broke today. My good old weak immune system from drugs. But just feels like your average everyday sickness. I think I'm over the worst of it. Still a little breathless if I push myself too hard but my house is clean! Caught up with my mountains of laundry (from the weaning process lol) and pretty much picked up the pieces in my life that I have been slacking on! Feels good!

Just add to your list of any supplements some vitamin C supplements and I just learned about this Adrenal support supplement. They say your immune system gets very weak from withdrawal so its very easy to get sick or infections etc. Um its true. 12 days in and I caught something. I used to never get sick. Maybe once a year. So your at .25?!?! Congrats!! Keep going with the 25% drops and it will be even easier! I dropped from .25 to .125 which was 50% and I felt it harder then the jump believe it or not...super super achy joints. It was rough. So just keep with the 25% though you see this tiny bit of medicine and your like there is NO way 25% of that is gonna matter. It does. Trust me lol....learn from my mistakes and just keep at it with the 25% drops and very very soon you will be home free!!!!
                                I'm sorry you and your son are sick. Is he feeling better today? No fever I hope.

I haven't really been taking many supplements through this whole thing. I'm thinking I need to maybe get ready and stock up for when I start skipping days. So your energy is coming back? I haven't really felt the fatigue/lack of motivation yet. I need to go look and see what all there is to take. Taurine, right?

It's funny your post is like it read my mind. I am at .25 (2nd day) and I have been thinking of just going off at this amount. Not even going down to .125. You're right. It's such a tiny tiny bit I can't believe it matters. Still not sure what I will do yet. I may just "test the waters" and see what happens.

Oh, and hey, thanks, Alex and Kat. I'm on my 2nd day at .25. So far so good. I would think if I was to have a problem with it, it would be today or tomorrow. I'm feeling good and plan to exercise today. (btw, the sweating is bad when exercising. I get DRENCHED.) I've been sleeping great, but that's bc of the trazadone. I'm a little curious what would happen if I didn't take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X